**October 2018 testing thread**

Well I’m getting really fed up now 18-20 dpo no sign of the witch :(

Nima, when I'm home and thinking about it I'll pull out the data. But off the top of my head (and it's possible I'm misrembering the explanation, but I read it like 4x back when I was crazy TTC #1), part of the reasoning is that for most women, there are 2 days in the cycle where she has the highest chances of conceiving (I think it was 2 and 1 days before O, or either the day before and the day of O, can't remember which), and women who are having sex every other day are by default going to miss one of their two highest chance days, which becomes more important as women are older (the effects were higher for women who were in their mid and late 30s, as the younger women had a better likelihood of pregnancy from sex 3-4 days out from ovulation than did older women... in other words for older women it's more important to hit to best chance days of fertility). I think that's where the difference comes from, and if a woman generally had sex every other day, but for sure the two most important days in a row, then her chances were maximized.
MissDoc this sounds reasonable to me, although since sperm survives around 2 days in the female system it should also be enough to dtd every other day. However reason and science sometimes dont match... I think if there were good evidence for such a rise in chances (5-10%) then doctors would definitely be recommending doing it every day around o. I am sure it works well for certain people though, and would like to see the study if you find it again.
Anyway, I saw we will be testing 2 days apart from one another. How is your wait going? I send you tons of baby dust

2DPO .............................................................................................................................................................................................

12 DPO BFN. AF due tomorrow. Full PMS onset. I am almost certainly positively out.

I'm pretty sure I ovulated last night due to the EWCF I noticed when wiping yesterday, crazy sex drive, peak OPK (second positive, first was two days ago) and right sided cramping from 8-10pm. Since the egg can live for 12-24 hours I guess I'm technically still ovulating? So I think I'll count tomorrow as 1DPO. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting! I'm really hoping this is our month. Last night made 3 years since my husband proposed, so we were a little extra amorous. How amazing would it be to conceive on such a special day?

I think I'm going to do things a little differently this month. When we conceived our rainbow baby, I was sure that we were too late to be in the game because I was out of town when I got a positive OPK. So, it was the day after the positive OPK that we dtd. I'm going to try that again this cycle. WTH, right?

Testing the 21 and the 23rd I'm 6dpo right now and been having cramping and lower back pain since ovulation on the 10th-11th.:test:

Poss. 3dpo and LOADS of lotiony cm, I'm leaking! U know it's wayyyyyy too early for implantation or anything like that, but I'm hoping it's a good sign though!

I'm feeling so down today, so empty. It is 9DPO and I am really driving myself crazy with hopes and bad thoughts and fearing that it will never happen to me. It is only the 3rd cycle we are trying but already the 7th month of tracking and being in this hopeful unknowingness. We had to skip a couple of cycles because of various reasons. So it feels like a long time (I know it is objectively a completely normal period of time)... Yesterday my thighs started aching, which always happens to me before af, so I am getting prepared for the dissappointment. Sorry for the blues, I hope you are all doing well and looking forward to seeing here some more bfps

20 - 22 dpo
6-8 days late
When would you go Doctors ? How late would you wait?

Still waiting for a positive OPK :coffee:

Last month happened on CD20 which is today, August cycle I didn’t have my OPKs with me but I had EWCM on CD20. My IC OPKs are showing negative and clear blue digi is giving me flashing smiley since Saturday so we’ve been covering as many days as we can - I’d just like to see a + soon! With my son I didn’t ovulate until CD23-24 so I’m not completely discouraged - just impatient!

Good luck to everyone waiting to test and sorry to those who the witch got!

AF came last night CD2 for me I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"