++++October 2019 Testing Thread++++

Y'all, I got my first ever crosshair!! Superduper happy with my lil chartychart! You can tell I'm reaaally invested in the TTC game by how excited I am for my crosshair. Lol. Still baffled as I always thought I ovulated CD10-12, not 13!

So officially 3dpo today!

And how's it going for my cycle-buddies - Jellybean and Teafor!? Have you ladies ovulated yet or are close? Haven't kept up with this thread much the last few days so sorry if I've missed you guys mentioning it <3

IMG_6513.PNG

Thanks, ladies! I don't really know, TBH, but I think I'm somewhere between 8-11DPO. Seems so early and I wasn't really planning on testing until mid week next week... just got so impatient hah!

I used up the last of the cheap blue ones this afternoon and it was a mess with horizontal lines that eventually turned into a very obvious vertical evap line. Definitely a difference from the morning one, though, as the morning is more blue than this is. Fingers crossed, anyways! I picked up a couple of FRER tests and eagerly waiting to try with FMU tomorrow. :)

wantingagirl - that sounds hormonal like what is going on with me right now. I had 18 days of spotting two cycles ago after an 8 day period (first cycle after d&c). When I got this current AF two weeks early after a 4 day period, I finally gave in and reached out to my doctor because something has definitely been off since my miscarriage. It's so weird because my first miscarriage was the exact opposite - I didn't get an AF naturally at all for 3 months and finally took progesterone to kick it in gear. Anyway, she told me that all that bleeding is most likely hormonal imbalance and prescribed me progesterone to take cyclicly (not related to IUI or pregnancy cycles). It might be time to reach out to your doctor about the extra spotting you're experiencing. For one, it's super annoying. I used to think that it wasn't okay to bother a doctor over something that is just annoying, but my current doctor has really helped me see that I don't have to suffer silently and just suck it up. Actually, I'm starting to realize that about a lot of things in my life. Don't assume something is "normal" for everyone just because it's normal for you. There might actually be help out there for whatever you're going through!

Thanks hun........ this has literally happened every month since my 6 year old was born. They can’t really do much (or prove what’s causing) they don’t believe progesterone works but I managed to get one doctor that will prescribe me it but only at bfp. That’s why I use a natural cream but last two months since taking it my cycles seem a lot shorter :shrug: I’m actually at a loss what to do now. If it was hormonal like progesterone surely I wouldn’t have conceived Leo, who knows xx

Thanks, ladies! I don't really know, TBH, but I think I'm somewhere between 8-11DPO. Seems so early and I wasn't really planning on testing until mid week next week... just got so impatient hah!

I used up the last of the cheap blue ones this afternoon and it was a mess with horizontal lines that eventually turned into a very obvious vertical evap line. Definitely a difference from the morning one, though, as the morning is more blue than this is. Fingers crossed, anyways! I picked up a couple of FRER tests and eagerly waiting to try with FMU tomorrow. :)

Looking forward to tomorrow’s test!

Y'all, I got my first ever crosshair!! Superduper happy with my lil chartychart! You can tell I'm reaaally invested in the TTC game by how excited I am for my crosshair. Lol. Still baffled as I always thought I ovulated CD10-12, not 13!

So officially 3dpo today!

And how's it going for my cycle-buddies - Jellybean and Teafor!? Have you ladies ovulated yet or are close? Haven't kept up with this thread much the last few days so sorry if I've missed you guys mentioning it <3

View attachment 1069694

Good luck hun!

@Pineberry yay for crosshairs! I always get excited when I get them on my chart too. Your chart is looking great!
I got a peak on my clearblue digital OPK yesterday and had some ovulation pain today so hoping to see a temp rise soon to confirm that I’m in the TWW as well.

Thanks hun........ this has literally happened every month since my 6 year old was born. They can’t really do much (or prove what’s causing) they don’t believe progesterone works but I managed to get one doctor that will prescribe me it but only at bfp. That’s why I use a natural cream but last two months since taking it my cycles seem a lot shorter :shrug: I’m actually at a loss what to do now. If it was hormonal like progesterone surely I wouldn’t have conceived Leo, who knows xx

I'm lucky my doc accepted to prescribe progesterone after ovulation. After 2 early losses they put me on it and was able to carry both pregnancies to term. Some say it doesn't make a difference but I think it does in some cases and like when doctors are open minded about it

Good luck Becca and Azure!- Been following your updates as I'm (hopefully) 7dpo. Waiting another week on AF/testing so I dont use up all my stash of tests prematurely :roll:

Hormones can change, especially after pregnancy. Just because you have hormonal issues now doesn't mean you had them when you conceived your son. Our bodies simply don't work that way. I would try to get in touch with a reproductive endocrinologist rather than an ob/gyn. They really don't know as much as REs. The wait list can sometimes be long at fertility clinics, but if you find one with good reviews and good stats, they are totally worth the wait. REs test for things that ob/gyns just don't. You'd think that ob/gyns would know as much as REs but in my experience they just don't. They deal with your typical, average women stuff. REs on the other hand, have had extensive specialty training on the male and female reproductive systems. Some even specialize further (for instance, some like researching oncofertility, others like researching PCOS, or endometriosis). I think it's really odd that your doctor won't give you progesterone unless you get a bfp. That seems totally counterintuitive. If you have naturally low progesterone, it's better if you're taking it throughout the second half of your cycle. At the very least, your cycles will be regular without needing to take birth control, which, obviously if you're on this forum, you probably aren't trying to prevent so the BCP is counterproductive. Anyway, it's okay to shop around for doctors. They really do have their specific fields.

Azure I can 100% see that line!!

Pineberry I think I’m 2 or 3 dpo too!! Now for the tww.

Wanting— I was on progesterone with my Second and fourth pregnacy (first and third were miscarriages). It seemed to help, I carried them to term. They took my bloodwork to see that it was low.

Co-foster and melfy thank you

Unfortunately it doesn’t work like that here. I live on an island in Scotland they only have gynaes here, I’d have to go private and go on the mainland which is prob a no no :( maybe I’ll talk to my husband and see if it’s worth a second opinion but all thr ones I see only do ivf.

My point I was saying about Leo is yes for sure hormones change all the time but this has been going on for 6 years and still got pregnant with him even with all the spotting. Sometimes I spot loads sometimes a little sometimes not at all.

The reason I’m cagey about ivf is I have 4 children and 6 losses ugh so I had to twist hubbys arm to try for a last and Leo was such a stressful time in our laugh we agreed no intervention I’ll see what my hubby says

I did call my gynae to see if he would consider progesterone after ovulation but does that not wreck your cycles and make them longer?

Just to note I had my progesterone checked at 7dpo and it was over 50!

Azure I can 100% see that line!!

Pineberry I think I’m 2 or 3 dpo too!! Now for the tww.

Wanting— I was on progesterone with my Second and fourth pregnacy (first and third were miscarriages). It seemed to help, I carried them to term. They took my bloodwork to see that it was low.

Thanks hun my story is different though progesterone always high when checked :shrug: Carried Leo to full term without anything!

Good luck hun! Xx

Some low progesterone cause miscarriage while others think the low progesterone is the result of a non viable pregnancy, and of course miscarriage will take place. I believe progesterone can help. It will not save a non viable pregnancy but it's non invasive, cheap and can save many heartaches.

My coloscopy was totally normal!! Was having some digestive issues and we wanted to make sure de didn't miss anything. My HSG was also normal. Both tubes are clear, no fibroid, which en happy with!!

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone!!! :)

Glad your appointments went well Melfy!

wantingagirl this is off topic a bit but I’m so jealous of you living on one of the Scottish islands. I’ve always loved that idea!

I had a temp drop this morning rather than the rise I was hoping for, I’m now hoping it’s a sign of ovulation rather than my body attempting but failing to ovulate. Now waiting to see what my temps do tomorrow.

Some low progesterone cause miscarriage while others think the low progesterone is the result of a non viable pregnancy, and of course miscarriage will take place. I believe progesterone can help. It will not save a non viable pregnancy but it's non invasive, cheap and can save many heartaches.

My coloscopy was totally normal!! Was having some digestive issues and we wanted to make sure de didn't miss anything. My HSG was also normal. Both tubes are clear, no fibroid, which en happy with!!

Sending lots of baby dust to everyone!!! :)

Cheap as In on prescription or the natural cream version?

So glad your hsg was normal

Cheap as In on prescription or the natural cream version?

So glad your hsg was normal

I take the vaginal pesseries. They're usually covered by insurance. I was told cream is not as effective, same with the progesterone injection.

Glad your appointments went well Melfy!

wantingagirl this is off topic a bit but I’m so jealous of you living on one of the Scottish islands. I’ve always loved that idea!

I had a temp drop this morning rather than the rise I was hoping for, I’m now hoping it’s a sign of ovulation rather than my body attempting but failing to ovulate. Now waiting to see what my temps do tomorrow.

Awh thanks hun..... I’m not from here but lived here on and off over the years. It’s the outer Hebrides on the Isle of Lewis beautiful if only the weather was so beautiful :haha:

Oh I hope you ovulate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"