October BFP hopefuls

Mdc I'm always thinking I should throw my thermometer away (especially as I'm on fertility drugs now so it's all off anyway)but the thought freaks me out!

7dpo and had some twinges in my rhs earlier! Here we go!

Hey guys - I totally hear you about the confusing symptoms. This last cycle was our first ttc since the d&c and I felt exactly like I did with my bfp early on in the tww, and then it faded. I have this twinge spot on the low middle-left side of my uterus that would twinge during my pregnancy. In the last tww it kept twinging and giving me false hope! Then it even did it a few times during AF, and a lot yesterday when I was exercising. I am not going to symptom spot this next cycle because it is totally misleading for me.

I just turned 31 last week and still trying for our first. Wishing us all lots of good luck for October!

Ksquared, that was one of my big symptoms too! Ugh my body is playing tricks on me. Bfn again today. Af hasn't come but I'm pretty sure I'm out. She's due tomorrow.

Next cycle, definitely no symptom spotting! It was reliable with my first 2 pregnancies, but apparently not anymore.

I was hoping to be pregnant by my should have been due date on November 7...but looks like that probably won't happen. :(

Good luck to the rest of you ladies for October. :wave:

Okay. I'm delusional. I swear I see the shadow of a line developing on this test, but I know it's too early for that. Wishful thinking? I think so!

Attachments

• 10-7-15 hpt.jpg
    10-7-15 hpt.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 8
Do you gals have a cyst on your ovary? I get the same twinges too, but it's because I have a cyst and it acts up when my hormones change. Not saying you do, but may be a cause for confusing symptoms.

I'm still confused if I O'ed or not last weekend with my seemingly positive OPK. One of my (I hate this word, sorry for using it!) nipples was tingly this morning when I woke up and I about panicked! I keep feeling to see if they are sore. I know it'd be too early for that anyway. That was my main pregnancy symptom - they hurt soooo bad.

Taking OPKs a couple times a day, they are still faint. My calendar says I should O in 3 days, but wondering if I will.

Okay. I'm delusional. I swear I see the shadow of a line developing on this test, but I know it's too early for that. Wishful thinking? I think so!

don't see anything yet sweets but just glanced at your chart and it's so early! so lots of time :) fingers are super crossed for you!

Do you gals have a cyst on your ovary? I get the same twinges too, but it's because I have a cyst and it acts up when my hormones change. Not saying you do, but may be a cause for confusing symptoms.

I'm still confused if I O'ed or not last weekend with my seemingly positive OPK. One of my (I hate this word, sorry for using it!) nipples was tingly this morning when I woke up and I about panicked! I keep feeling to see if they are sore. I know it'd be too early for that anyway. That was my main pregnancy symptom - they hurt soooo bad.

Taking OPKs a couple times a day, they are still faint. My calendar says I should O in 3 days, but wondering if I will.

lol I'm laughing at nipples haha I always just shorten it to nips!

I have so much stress surrounding O time too. every month I tell myself I won't - so it won't affect anything - but yet every month I do ! grrrr :growlmad:

Oh fairycat, that makes so much sense! I know a few months ago a doctor mentioned I had a cyst, but then when I went to my normal doctor, she said that was common and normal and it would go away on its own. Hmmm. Maybe it didn't? Does that cause problems in trying to conceive? Wow I wish I had remembered that before and not gotten myself worked up!

Same here last month had a cyst and this month nothing, they call it polycystic (they are benign not huge and pass) for me, I have had this problem since I was in my teens but my RE and OB says it does not effect getting pregnant only if it is over a certain size they would recommend not, but small cysts will go away.

Oh fairycat, that makes so much sense! I know a few months ago a doctor mentioned I had a cyst, but then when I went to my normal doctor, she said that was common and normal and it would go away on its own. Hmmm. Maybe it didn't? Does that cause problems in trying to conceive? Wow I wish I had remembered that before and not gotten myself worked up!

I have no idea about cysts. I seem to have the pains on my right side every time I ovulate from that area. When I was on be pills I didn't have it, every time I came off I had the pain. Doc mentioned it at my ultrasound, but didn't expand on it. I hope mine isnt permanent! Pain goes away at AF so maybe it isnt. It certainly hasn't stopped me from conceiving.

TTC, I posted my thoughts on another thread we are on. I see I am not the only one bnb chatty :winkwink:

I do not have a cyst, but I do see how that would make sense. I only got maybe one or two twinges so nothing constant for me. I did have an interesting thought yesterday. I had been using wondfos to test out hcg (negative on the 3rd), but I use frer for BFP testing. I totally forgot that the sensitivities are so different so I decided on dpo12 to test with a frer. And I guess I got what I wanted...a faint line. Here is my crazy thinking. If I tested and a stark negative I think I would be totally out because I am dpo 12, but a faint line is good because it may be a little surprise brewing. Second, If it is residual hcg I now have a baseline because if the witch stays away this weekend and I took a test and saw a faint line I do not want to have false hope. So either way still not out, but not totally in either. Well, there is some insight to my crazy type A brain. :haha: Guess the waiting continues for me. Tick tock, tick tock. Hoping for some good news for this thread really soon.

Fx for you Mdc!! I'm in the same boat as you.. testing with Wondfos, but will probably confirm a BFP with FRER. Wonfo is alllmmmossst negative, although it seemed to have gotten a tad darker from 2 days ago.. I swear I had a negative. Errgh. Those lines are never totally consistent for me it seems. What are the differences in sensitivities between these two tests? I've read multiple things, but my FRER line is darker than my Wondfo line.

I am so not used to my cycle being out of sorts! I'm so regular that the fact AF didn't show today has got me feeling annoyed! Not that I want her to show. I'm still hoping for a little surprise but I am really not holding out much hope!

Fairy, from my research wondfo is 25 mIU/ml and the early response it 6.3 mIU/ml so a big difference. Especially since the residual amounts of HCG take a while to get to under 5. So that makes sense you frer is darker. Maybe use your last frer as a baseline to compare when you test for a BFP and test out with wondfo to save $. Either way if either gets darker using non diluted wee that is a good sign.

Sorry your cycle is wonky Lyn. Frustrating I know.

An IC brand called MyBabyTests actually picked up my MMC BFP before FRER did.

I've read the Wondfos are 10 miu. That's what's confusing me. I wish they had the sensitivity on the package.

I'm so confused. My pregnancy test from yesterday was darker than the day before. Is today's even darker, can anybody tell? Or is it because it's still wet with some color? If I did ovulate when I got the positive OPK, I'd be 5 or 6 dpo.. does this even make sense if it did get darker? These tests are driving me bonkers. I don't really have any signs of O, for being due to O in 2.5 days. Usually I have ewcm like crazy, but that happened last week.

Ignore the OPKs, but I've included them for reference anyway. That was yesterdays (top 2) and today's on the bottom.

Attachments

• tests.jpg
    tests.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 10
Fairy, I think it might depend what type of wondfo you have for the sensitivity. Kind of hard to tell from the picture since one is fresh, and extra hard to tell about the hcg with some residual in your system. A couple thoughts, maybe the wee was more concentrated since the lighter hcg tests. I would think that in theory if there is residual hcg in your system a BFP would show sooner since we get a little extra boost in our hcg numbers, although hcg usually does not start until after implantation. So dpo 5/6 may be a little early, but not out of the realm. Worst part is the waiting to test again, but hoping for something amazing!

To me it wouldn't make sense for it to get darker this early. Could be the concentration, even though it's been pretty concentrated every time I test... looks about the same color. I've been drinking more water the past 2 days so thought it'd be the opposite and show lighter. I'll just chalk it up to the amount of ink in them or it still being wet. I'll be curious to see tomorrows. It's so frustrating when you thought you had a negative test and now it's darker. Ugh.

Fairy, I feel your pain. I am going to try and hold out until after the witch is late and after this morning it is already killing me. :haha: I was a little nerdy (I am a pharmacist and could not help myself) and looked up the FDA approval data for both the wondfo and frer (the 6 days early one). You are right it should have to be on the label. So the wondfo is approved for 25, but at times it can detect much lower levels (it can detect 10 7% of the time, 15 25% of the time, and 20 90% of the time). For the early frer at 6.3 only 38% was positive in one study and then jumps to 97% for 8 and 10 in another study. I really should get back to work, but this is much more fun :rofl:

Wow, that's crazy. I always thought the early frer was 25 as well. Thanks for the nerdy info! ;)

You're smart waiting. I wasn't going to until the test was darker. I should just put them away until the 23rd like I told myself I would do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->