October BFP hopefuls

Can I join in? Hubby and I are really hoping for a BFP this month... I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed but it's so hard! I'm 28, DH is 27 and if I get pregnant it will be my 5th pregnancy. I had a natural miscarriage at 5 wks in May 2011, got pregnant 2 wks later and then had a MMC at 8 weeks with that baby. Chromosome testing revealed she had Trisomy X. I had a D&C and then got pregnant again 3 months later and had our little girl Selah in July 2012. DH and I were finally ready to have another baby last fall and I got pregnant in September but then found out in October it was ectopic. I had methotrexate but my tube ruptured 3 days after my first injection...so I'm down one tube. That whole experience was so difficult I've put off TTC for an entire year but I think I'm finally ready to try again.

I honestly have no idea what is going on with my cycles and ovulation, other than that my cycles seem to be running about 27 days. I got my period on the 1st so I should be on CD 7 with expected fertile window between the 12th and the 16th. I've always gotten pregnant the first cycle trying but I really have no clue what to expect this time after my ectopic and losing a tube. Trying to stay hopeful, but feeling kind of terrified.

What a tough road you've had farfromhome. Hoping you get your rainbow soon.

I'm 9dpo today, I just want it to be testing time already.

Sounds lIke you've had quite the time FarfromHome, sorry for your losses. I hope you get your rainbow <3. I understand feeling terrified. All we can do is hope for the best!

Can I join in? Hubby and I are really hoping for a BFP this month... I'm trying to stay calm and relaxed but it's so hard! I'm 28, DH is 27 and if I get pregnant it will be my 5th pregnancy. I had a natural miscarriage at 5 wks in May 2011, got pregnant 2 wks later and then had a MMC at 8 weeks with that baby. Chromosome testing revealed she had Trisomy X. I had a D&C and then got pregnant again 3 months later and had our little girl Selah in July 2012. DH and I were finally ready to have another baby last fall and I got pregnant in September but then found out in October it was ectopic. I had methotrexate but my tube ruptured 3 days after my first injection...so I'm down one tube. That whole experience was so difficult I've put off TTC for an entire year but I think I'm finally ready to try again.

I honestly have no idea what is going on with my cycles and ovulation, other than that my cycles seem to be running about 27 days. I got my period on the 1st so I should be on CD 7 with expected fertile window between the 12th and the 16th. I've always gotten pregnant the first cycle trying but I really have no clue what to expect this time after my ectopic and losing a tube. Trying to stay hopeful, but feeling kind of terrified.

hi far :) so sorry your journey has been a difficult one. I wish you the best of luck moving forward :hugs: We can be cycle buddies! Oct 2 was CD 1 for me and my fertile window is between 13-16 :thumbup: we got this!

keeping my fingers crossed tightly for you thumpette! I feel like the last couple days before testing are always the hardest! :wacko:

fx for you only a few more days, when do you plan on testing?

Farfromhome and beemeck - I can be your cycle buddy too! Oct 1 was also CD 1 for me. Although my cycles are typically longer so I'm not sure when O will be.

Farfromhome - I too am so sorry about your multiple losses and how scared you feel to get back to ttc. You said that you used to not have much trouble getting pregnant, so even with one tube I hope that's tha case for you and that you get another rainbow. I myself have been on this journey for a year and 3 months with only 1 bfp so far but no rainbow, so I'm also worries that it's going to take me a while to get another bfp. Fingers crossed and lots of luck to you!

Regarding the possibility of a cyst, I had that detailed ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy loss before my d&c and I specifically asked the doctor about cysts. He said that my uterus and ovaries looked perfectly healthy, but I don't know if a cyst could have developed in my former implantation spot since then. Is it likely to develop one in the uterus? Also the doctor said that our ovaries often have little cysts and the ones they worry about are really big ones that don't go away on their own. I guess I'll give it another cycle or two and see if I still feel the twinge often and don't get a bfp.

CD 8 today and AF is completely gone today. Yay! That lingering spotting seems to last so long. Now it's just the wait for O signs. Hoping that since AF was back to a normal length that I'll get O a couple of days earlier than last time (last time was CD 19/20).

I was feeling strong last night so I went out to pick up my BFF's baby shower gift. I had pre-ordered some of her registry items online and wanted to get a baby outfit and diapers for the diaper raffle. Oh man it was hard and I tried to get out of there as quick as possible! Hope I do ok on Saturday. My BFF already texted me saying she can't wait to see me, which I think was her way of checking in if I was ok to come. I think she'll be really sensitive and sweet. But I'm still worried about losing it it the middle of a group of ladies I don't know! Anyone else have to go to someone else's baby shower not too long after your loss? It's been 2.5 months since mine.

Farfromhome and beemeck - I can be your cycle buddy too! Oct 1 was also CD 1 for me. Although my cycles are typically longer so I'm not sure when O will be.

Farfromhome - I too am so sorry about your multiple losses and how scared you feel to get back to ttc. You said that you used to not have much trouble getting pregnant, so even with one tube I hope that's tha case for you and that you get another rainbow. I myself have been on this journey for a year and 3 months with only 1 bfp so far but no rainbow, so I'm also worries that it's going to take me a while to get another bfp. Fingers crossed and lots of luck to you!

Regarding the possibility of a cyst, I had that detailed ultrasound to confirm the pregnancy loss before my d&c and I specifically asked the doctor about cysts. He said that my uterus and ovaries looked perfectly healthy, but I don't know if a cyst could have developed in my former implantation spot since then. Is it likely to develop one in the uterus? Also the doctor said that our ovaries often have little cysts and the ones they worry about are really big ones that don't go away on their own. I guess I'll give it another cycle or two and see if I still feel the twinge often and don't get a bfp.

CD 8 today and AF is completely gone today. Yay! That lingering spotting seems to last so long. Now it's just the wait for O signs. Hoping that since AF was back to a normal length that I'll get O a couple of days earlier than last time (last time was CD 19/20).

I was feeling strong last night so I went out to pick up my BFF's baby shower gift. I had pre-ordered some of her registry items online and wanted to get a baby outfit and diapers for the diaper raffle. Oh man it was hard and I tried to get out of there as quick as possible! Hope I do ok on Saturday. My BFF already texted me saying she can't wait to see me, which I think was her way of checking in if I was ok to come. I think she'll be really sensitive and sweet. But I'm still worried about losing it it the middle of a group of ladies I don't know! Anyone else have to go to someone else's baby shower not too long after your loss? It's been 2.5 months since mine.

yay I love cycle buddies! The TWW still drives me nuts - I always thought it might get less anxiety ridden in time, but it hasn't yet.

you have AF visit long like I do! I look at so many charts and think, wow - what a quick period! lol - my spotting goes on for-ev-er. ughhh it drives me nuts! I'm CD 7 today and should be my last day of spotting. have an appt with my OB/gyn today too so anxious about that...

I totally feel you on the baby shower love. me and my two cousins were all exactly 3 weeks apart. My cousin got married last weekend and the two of them were huge and look ready to pop. It's so heartbreaking. I would have been in my third trimester now. I really wanted to be pregnant again by the baby's due date, but I'm not sure if that will happen... It just depends for me. I find it hard to be around my cousins, because they got pregnant so easily and had no struggles. I would never want ANYone to go through struggles, so I guess I just feel like they can't relate at all? I actually was just helping a friend with some baby shower ideas this morning, but I'm so happy for her because she tried for TWO years to get pregnant. I hate that I feel this way - that someone has to qualify for me to be so so happy for them. I HATE it. But what can I do? I just try my best.

ksquared - oh, how awful you have to endure a baby shower! I would totally lose it. It's perfectly alright if you do, I'm sure your friend will be very understanding if you need to excuse yourself for a bit.

I'm so sorry for all your losses and all that you have been through. I also had an ectopic just earlier this year and my left tube was surgically removed. Luckily, it never got to the point of rupturing not despite being eight weeks on. Getting pregnant with only one tube was a worry for me too but three months later, and only two cycles of actually trying, I was pregnant again. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage just last month with that one but at least it doesn't seem to have messed up my chances of getting pregnant. In fact, only one cycle this year have I not gotten pregnant. We started trying in January but sadly we lost all three of our little ones. Im still trying to be hopeful and optimistic about getting my rainbow but I know it's okay to be a little scared too.

Welcome far! I am so sorry for your loses, and wishing you a healthy sticky bean this month.

Thumpette, when will you test?

Ksquared, baby showers and pregnant ladies are hard for me to handle. I haven't been to a shower, but I do have one back home in Nov. I want to be supportive (I know she also had a mc), but man still torn because I do not want to be jealous or bitter. Sounds like you are doing great by starting by picking up the gifts.

Beemeck, good luck with your Ob appointment. Is it just a follow up? I understand about those who get their take home baby so quickly. I remember my sis tried one month and bam a beautiful baby girl. It has been almost over a year of us trying and a mc. I want to say something to her about our struggles, but she likely just won't get it. I really feel only those who have been through it understand, and we all understand the jealousy. You are right we are just doing what we can.

Lyn, I know you probably said this before, but are you doing anything different this time? Or, did the doc just consider the mcs as really awful luck since they are all different?

So my temp is up today, but spotting. Bummer! Not totally out, but not looking good. If the witch is going to show I hope it is in the next couple of days. We have an RE appt today to discuss next steps, and since IUI worked last time I am hoping a medicated cycle will be recommended. Since timing is so critical, I really need to witch to show quickly because if not and FF is right O time will fall right on a work trip, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. No Bueno. Silver linings I guess. So come on witch either strike quick or stay the heck away. Not the she ever listens to me :haha:

Mdc- The midwife who took me for all my EPU appointments said she would refer me just to check if there was a reason but she also said that I might not fit the criteria as they have all been different. To be honest, I just see it as the worst luck ever. I think that's probably how it has been viewed by everyone who has heard about it! I'm not doing much different this time to be honest. If the worst happens and I miscarry again then I'm going to insist on even just basic testing.

Hello Ladies any new updates?

I did another scan today CD10 nurse says im doing great so far, my lining is a 7, 3 follies biggest measuring 12mm so far. I have to go back on Saturday for another scan

So I'm having stuff weird stuff happen today. First, I feel kinda like I have the flu, but my temp is normal. Headache, waves of nausea, just feel not good.

Then I had some pale pink spotting on the tp at lunch, barely noticeable. Now when I got home from work I had brown. All signs point to that I O'ed last weekend, but really don't know if I actually did or not. Normally, I'd O Saturday, but have 0 signs of it at all. Normally I get the ewcm for 3 days, but had that last week.

If I did O last weekend, I got what seemed to be a positive on Friday. We dtd that night, but hubs didn't finish. Then we dtd successfully on Monday. I don't know if any of this timing would've been right to indicate IB? I'm so confused. I didn't have any IB with my last pregnancy - just cramps. I don't have cramps, but I've had sharp twinge the past 2 days in same spot. I don't know what to make of any of this.

Or maybe my body is just all screwed up.

So yay I'm officially TTC but I don't think I will be able to test or get a BFP until November anyway. I had blood done today by my RE to make sure my hormone levels are back to normal and I haven't O'd yet. On Monday I have a sonohysterogram just to check my ute to make sure there is no tissue leftover from the pregnancy. If both are fine I start femara. I was told I could start metformin today ( which means low carb diet & lots of exercise). I will go for an ultrasound 10/22 to check for follicle sizes have timed intercourse Then a progesterone check 7 days after the u/s to confirm ovulation. I can test 7 days later to see if it worked.

I am feeling so many emotions. Happy, scared, nervous, excited, hopeful. I am almost feel a bit guilty like it's too soon or I am forgetting my daughter by trying again too soon. I don't know I feel like it will help me heal and I hope it does, while not forgetting my daughter.

Hi may I join you? We lost our third angel at 17 weeks in August and although we werent supposed to be trying (awaiting recurrent miscarraige testing) we have been naughty this month. I will be testing on the 20th if AF hasnt shown. Xxx

Welcome sailorsgirl, sorry for your losses. I hope you catch your rainbow soon.

Fsirycat, fingers crossed it's ib! I presume pregnancy can have different symptoms each time and the timing does sound good for ib! I'm
10dpo today, hoping to hold off on testing till Wednesday, will most likely get my period on Tuesday if not pg. My chart looks good but not putting too much hope in that because of all the artificial hormones I'm taking! Hoping to see some bfps soon!

Little temp bump today. Keep on rising temp all the way to a BFP!

Sorry for your loss sailorsgirl, I'm sure you're not the only one in that boat with being naughty. Easy to do ;)

I hope to see some BFPs soon ladies!!

I have mixed emotions about getting pregnant right now. Part of me thinks it's too early. Every time I think about the possibility, it causes me anxiety. But if I knew I'd have a healthy baby, I wouldn't worry. Duh. I wish it was easy and we could know!! :(

I feel better today than yesterday, but still have a headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->