**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Well nothing is perfect... and even if you two work things out, you WILL have ups and downs. :) But just remember that if its meant to be, you will both be willing to MAKE it work... and neither of you will give up easily! :)

There are labour predictors? How on earth do they come up with 37 weeks? :rofl:
You can hope... but my suggestion, expect the worst! :haha: sorry, but I was always measuring ahead with Kyree (later in pregnancy) and I was HUGE! My doctor thought I would be early... I even had a gut feeling I would go early.
She was 5 days late, little bum!!!! :wacko:

she was late?! :rofl: omgg i'd be so hot and fed up xxx

i'm willing, now the question is; is he? i hope he can show me he does. i mean, 8 weeks away from him was so hard, but i saw that i could do this on my own if i had to xxx

:rofl: Well and the worst part, is at the end... time goes by SO slowly! You are constantly aware of the fact that labour could begin anytime. And when you wake up everyday, hoping for SOMETHING to happen... and it doesn't... it gets pretty nerve-wrecking! But again, it's kind of a thrill too! Knowing at any minute, labour could start!

And wasn't he the one who said he wanted to get back together? Just make sure he knows that a relationship with a child involved isn't always going to be easy... you are both going to be stressed at times, and when things get tough, is he going to run again? He needs to understand the reality of being with you again. Things have changed. But it's good that you know you can do this on your own too, if you need to. Make sure he knows that too because if he does want to try things again, then he needs to be willing to put his whole heart and soul into it! xx

:rofl: Well and the worst part, is at the end... time goes by SO slowly! You are constantly aware of the fact that labour could begin anytime. And when you wake up everyday, hoping for SOMETHING to happen... and it doesn't... it gets pretty nerve-wrecking! But again, it's kind of a thrill too! Knowing at any minute, labour could start!

And wasn't he the one who said he wanted to get back together? Just make sure he knows that a relationship with a child involved isn't always going to be easy... you are both going to be stressed at times, and when things get tough, is he going to run again? He needs to understand the reality of being with you again. Things have changed. But it's good that you know you can do this on your own too, if you need to. Make sure he knows that too because if he does want to try things again, then he needs to be willing to put his whole heart and soul into it! xx

I'm just not sure he understands the extremity of having a child and the strain that takes on a relationship. I mean, it's not all fun and games and I need him to know that. :rofl:
oh godd, i'm not good with surprises! i bet you my waters will break and i'll think i've wet myself or something. :blush: :haha: xx

There are definitely many challenges that come along with having a child. Especially with all the sleepless nights in the beginning, and are they eating enough? pooping enough? etc. But there are so many joys too. Like I found myself falling in love with my husband all over again, seeing him become a Daddy. :blush:
And I am not wild about surprises either... but towards the end, you have to be prepared for ANYTHING! ;) My water never broke until I was already in full-blown labour... and apparently that's the case for most women, so I don't think you have to worry. :)

well emand i thought i was the only one going through this mess. got into a really bad fight with the FOB he said pretty much the same things and more, that night was the first night he actually put his hands on me. we been together for over 7 years. I left his house the very next day. Stayed in a hitel for a week, then returned home to Canada, all this mess happened in Africa wher i have NO family or friends. Anyways he apologied and was sorry for his actions. I finally found it in my heart to forgive him. My only focus now is my LO. ill worry about the rest after he arrives

well emand i thought i was the only one going through this mess. got into a really bad fight with the FOB he said pretty much the same things and more, that night was the first night he actually put his hands on me. we been together for over 7 years. I left his house the very next day. Stayed in a hitel for a week, then returned home to Canada, all this mess happened in Africa wher i have NO family or friends. Anyways he apologied and was sorry for his actions. I finally found it in my heart to forgive him. My only focus now is my LO. ill worry about the rest after he arrives

He put his hands on you? As in hit you?
Don't go back! A man should NEVER hit a woman especially a pregnant one!:growlmad:

Em I am so glad it went well at FOB's parents! Now just the big decision! Get back together or not? Do whatever you think is best! Loving your bump picture! Which my bump looked like that! :(

Happy 20 Weeks Laura!! Half way there! :happydance:

Went to see the car last night and it is so nice and perfect! We wanted to pay there and then but for some reason the Dealer didn't have a card machine! :shrug: I tried transferring the money online but they now have PINsentry and I hadn't set up telephone banking :cry: The man wants us to transfer the money to his account and pick the car up on Saturday, I don't know if it's my hormones or what but I'm terrified of transferring £4800 into a man's account I've only met once! H2B and his brother said it will be fine though :wacko: I'm going to ring the bank today and speak to my personal advisor and see what he suggests. I might end up asking for it in cash and paying cash when we arrive on Saturday but that's if I can sweet talk the bank coz it normally takes 2-3 Days to order that kind of money :(

There are definitely many challenges that come along with having a child. Especially with all the sleepless nights in the beginning, and are they eating enough? pooping enough? etc. But there are so many joys too. Like I found myself falling in love with my husband all over again, seeing him become a Daddy. :blush:
And I am not wild about surprises either... but towards the end, you have to be prepared for ANYTHING! ;) My water never broke until I was already in full-blown labour... and apparently that's the case for most women, so I don't think you have to worry. :)

aww :cry: yeah and i'm a worrier so i'll think there's something wrong the minute they cry.. :rofl: really? i always thought your plug went, then waters then contractions? :haha:
Thanks BB! i'm sure it does! :hugs: going out to breakfast in about 2 hours so i'll update you when I can.
Agiboma, I'll have to agree with BB.. all the men i've known to hit anybody for that matter just kept doing it until they were stopped. It turns into a habit, some kind of 'coping mechanism' and they see that it's Ok to do it if you come back each time. Just be careful hon and remember, if he does it again, you and LO are out of there. xxxx

morning BB and thanks hun. Cant believe i can start counting down the weks now.

Me..... personally...... wouldnt be transfering any money into his account until you actually pick the car up. I work for the police as and investigator and seen all too many times how these thins go wrong. i would pay in cash and be safe doing it that way. honestly i know it takes a few more days but you dont want to loose the money and the car. hope your financial advisor can offer yousome better advie chick. xxxx

Morning/afternoon ladies!!!

Em - you're too funny! :laugh2:... labour can start in a variety of ways. I lost my mucus plug, but I lost it a few weeks before I even delivered (some women lose it several times, and it just keeps regenerating itself). And my contractions came out of NOWHERE. I was actually driving when I felt the first two. And once they started, they were pretty intense right off the bat (where as many women find they start slow and bearable, and gradually get worse - mine were 5 minutes apart right away). And my water didn't break until a nurse was doing a vaginal exam to see how I was dilated, and then POP! :haha: So you never really know! ;)
Keep us posted on how your breakfast with FOB goes today! xx

Agiboma... I agree. If your OH actually hit you, DON'T go back to him. :( I know it's hard but once he hits you, it WILL happen again. Unless he actually seeks professional help for his anger, it won't stop. Please do what's best for you and your baby. You don't want your child growing up around violence.

BB - I agree with Laura, I wouldn't pay for the car either until you pick it up. A down payment is fine but don't pay the full amount until you're actually taking the car.
Oh and guess what? 17 days until our scan!!!! :happydance:

It is SO hot here lately, and apparently supposed to get even hotter next week (30+ celsius) - I am LOVING it! I'm going with my mom and daughter to the carnival that's in town tonight... I can't wait! :D

Well I couldn't get hold of the man in the bank so went in and decided to order the cash, they wanted me to take it today but I declined because I'm pregnant and wouldn't risk fighting off a mugger so H2B and I will park outside the bank tomorrow and pick it up!

I know MummyKC 17 Days! :mrgreen:

It's so hot here, I can't find anything comfy to wear! I have a funny rash on my legs and they are so white so I can't really wear a dress so I'm in leggings and long T-Shirts and I'm roasting!!

BB - that sounds like a good plan. I took out only $4000 cash once to pay for furniture and the bank was right across the street from the furniture store, but I still felt SO nervous the entire time! Like what IF someone knew I had that much money on me? And decided to mug me? So again, good plan, just in case! :thumbup:

Yuck - you're wearing long-sleeved t-shirts? You poor thing! My skin is pretty white too but its gradually getting a little darker, as I spend more time outside. I love the sun and heat though - I just wish I could lounge around outside in my bikini to get some REAL sun... but now that we live in the city, we have neighbours close by... and I wouldn't want them staring at my already-huge bump! :wacko: So if I want privacy, I have to go visit my in-laws as they live in the country, and they are over an hour away. :(

No silly long length short sleeved T-Shirts! Don't want to show my crotch to the world! :rofl:

so breakfast turned into lunch :rofl: i remembered why it was that i loved him so much.. and i think that i'm going to give it another go :blush:
so what have i missed here ladies? xxx

Hi Em! Yay, Im glad to hear everything went well! :hugs:
Does he seem happy with everything? Is he excited now?

Haven't missed much really... it's been a slow day so far! :laugh2:

he seems to be, though he's still nervous - then again so am i! :rofl: it's just been such a crazy last couple of days! godd knows how it's going to be when baby gets here.. and aww, how're you? xx

Well it is nerve wrecking just as much as it's exciting! This is my second and I'm still scared! I have NO clue how to manage a toddler and a newborn! The first time around, you can focus on your baby 24/7... but now I have another little munchkin running around... it's going to be a challenge that's for sure! lol
Sorry to pry... but what happened with his other "girlfriend"? Or did that end a while ago?

I'm good today. It's FRIDAY so I'm happy! :D And this is a long weekend (I'm not sure if it is there too?)... so I have Monday off work as well! And we're supposed to have nice weather all weekend too... so I can't wait for this workday to end! lol Only 4 hours left! :happydance:

Any big plans for the weekend?

Well it is nerve wrecking just as much as it's exciting! This is my second and I'm still scared! I have NO clue how to manage a toddler and a newborn! The first time around, you can focus on your baby 24/7... but now I have another little munchkin running around... it's going to be a challenge that's for sure! lol
Sorry to pry... but what happened with his other "girlfriend"? Or did that end a while ago?

I'm good today. It's FRIDAY so I'm happy! :D And this is a long weekend (I'm not sure if it is there too?)... so I have Monday off work as well! And we're supposed to have nice weather all weekend too... so I can't wait for this workday to end! lol Only 4 hours left! :happydance:

Any big plans for the weekend?

I'm petrified but i guess i'll just have to get on with it. aww :hugs: it's going to be fine! apparently, going from one child to two is an adjusment, from 2 to 3 is no difference and from 3 to 4 is huge?
oh woops, sorry i forgot to mention! :haha: apparently, she wasn't his gf just a friend.
Fridays are great! i don't think it is, but i'm on exam leave anyway so it doesn't make a difference to me. 4 hours? ew. what do you work as?
umm not much i don't think. Luke's going to take me to lunch on Sunday if he's not too busy but apart from that nothing. :haha: i'm a sad teenager xx

Yeah I have heard that too... going from 1 to 2 children is hard... but after that, it gets easier? But this is my last anyway so I will never know! lol
And thats good then! That she was just a friend! :)
Yeah... I work 9-5 and it's only 1pm here. :( So I have a while yet. This day is dragging by... I think because I want it over with so badly!
I work in a medical/business office. I know it sounds weird to say its both, but we're basically a business that performs medical tests, but not through provincial health. We do occupational testing for companies who want to get their employees tested prior to going to work... if that makes sense? Im a supervisor of about 5 people.
And lunch should be nice! Im having a pretty relaxing weekend. Carnival tonight... lunch with my best friend tomorrow (who is also preggers)... then Sunday going out for breakfast with my mom for my Birthday. Otherwise, Im going to be relaxing most of the time.... I can't wait! :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->