**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

i have found that to.,We have been buying unisex things and there arent many nice items clothes wise. And what i have seen are very expensive.
i just want to find out as well so i can bond more instead of calling him/her, he/she and not being able to make up my mind what i think bean is. lol.

xxx

I was very shocked as we had only been going out since the Feb of the same year. And i hadnt even turned 17. We wont have even been together 2 years when we get married but in a way as we say if we know its what we want why wait. Some people have been funny as there is a big age gap between us, i turn 18 in june and he turns 26 in August but it doesnt bother us, as its our love we care about and our family havent got a problem with it. its just some stupid idiots that do.

I was shocked that OH got ring size right, did it shock you too?

I agree! DH and I were only together 1.5 years when we got married. We were barely even dating a year when he proposed... but like I said, I had known him off and on for 7 years... but I didn't know him that well.
But when you know, you KNOW! Hubby and I have been married for almost 3 years now and I honestly couldn't ask for a better husband. We are as perfect as two people can possibly be for eachother! So don't worry about what other people say. While you guys are 8 years apart, hubby and I are 4 years apart... and age really DOESN'T matter one bit when you're with the right person! :)

On another note... just got back from my midwife! :) Heartbeat was around 147 bpm and I'm measuring perfectly! It was so nice to hear baby's heartbeat again! :happydance:

Thanks i know what you mean, we just know we are meant to be together, it feels so diffrent than with everyone else and i just feel diffrent all the time, its hard to explain though. Glad your appointment went well :)

I think me and OH have decided to find out if we can and just not tell family or friends ect (but of course i will tell you lot :) ) Thats if LO's legs aint crossed again, as we also stuggle to find sleep suits or vests that aint white or that are not expansive, all the non expensive ones are blue or pink, and i cant find any new born stuff that isnt blue or pink in vests and sleep suits unless its in the sets.
Can't beleive my scan is tomorrow so excited :happydance: just hope baby co-oparates and is in better position to get rest of measurements and also is being good on the legs front. I am really feeling its going to be a girl, even more so with the pics from the last 20 week scan. I aint bothered etheir way though and neither is OH.

Congrats to everyone who has found out they are on team :blue:

congratulations to all those who've had scans - I love having scans but don't get any more now :( !!!!

congratulations to all those who've had scans - I love having scans but don't get any more now :( !!!!

I shouldnt get another one but i do only becuase my baby would get into a good position for some of the measurements i think baby did it on purpose so we could get an extra scan :haha:

AWW all of youre proposal storys are really sweet :)

Congratulations on all of youre blue bumps :happydance:

BB - youre dress is gorgeous hun !

9 days until my scan WOOOHOOOO !!

xx

15 days until my next scan! cant wait, i'm going away on sunday for a week, so hopefully time will pass quickly!

Any girls on :blue: getting peeved with how little selection of clothing there is for boys!?

The girls sections are huge compared to the boys!:growlmad:

girls i need your help well advice really.

You know the statutory maternity pay that you get which is what £124.88 a week or something, is that after tax and nation insurance has been taken or before.

xxx

Any girls on :blue: getting peeved with how little selection of clothing there is for boys!?

The girls sections are huge compared to the boys!:growlmad:

You can add me to the Peeved list! It seems there is 10 times the amount available for girls. I have looked EVERYWHERE! And alot of the boy things I have found I would never put on my son, they look dorky.........lol

Asda and tesco have a good selection of boys clothes, given they have more girl, but they do alot of nice boy stuff too.
Its even harder if you have to get unisex stuff like i do atm. Really hope i find out tomorrow

Morning/afternoon ladies!

Congrats to all you ladies on your scans... there definitely seems be lots of :blue: bumps popping out!

BB - I KNOW, only 12 days until our scan! We're getting there!
And I'm not shopping for boy clothes (yet) but I have noticed there is much more selection for girls than boys... probably because I have a little girl and always have lots to choose from... but the stores I've been to have rows of girls clothing... and only a small section for boys. I have no idea why... but hopefully once I find out, if this is a boy... I will be able to find SOMETHING! :wacko:

Phillippa... that's so exciting that you guys are going to try to find out! Hopefully bubs cooperates this time. I agree though - I've been looking at unisex clothes just so I could maybe buy SOMETHING to tide me over until I find out... and there wasn't hardly anything. And everything I could find, was really pricey! Even here in Canada. :( So I don't blame you! Good luck tomorrow! :hugs:

Well, it's another HOT day here today! About 30 degrees... but feels like 35. My poor daughter spent all evening last night in her diaper and she was STILL sweating, because she's so busy all the time! At least here in the office we have air conditioning! :haha:

Morning/afternoon ladies!

Congrats to all you ladies on your scans... there definitely seems be lots of :blue: bumps popping out!

BB - I KNOW, only 12 days until our scan! We're getting there!
And I'm not shopping for boy clothes (yet) but I have noticed there is much more selection for girls than boys... probably because I have a little girl and always have lots to choose from... but the stores I've been to have rows of girls clothing... and only a small section for boys. I have no idea why... but hopefully once I find out, if this is a boy... I will be able to find SOMETHING! :wacko:

Phillippa... that's so exciting that you guys are going to try to find out! Hopefully bubs cooperates this time. I agree though - I've been looking at unisex clothes just so I could maybe buy SOMETHING to tide me over until I find out... and there wasn't hardly anything. And everything I could find, was really pricey! Even here in Canada. :( So I don't blame you! Good luck tomorrow! :hugs:

Well, it's another HOT day here today! About 30 degrees... but feels like 35. My poor daughter spent all evening last night in her diaper and she was STILL sweating, because she's so busy all the time! At least here in the office we have air conditioning! :haha:

Yes exactly i know what you mean, everything that is cheap in unisex is plain white with nothing on it at all, it doesnt look nice at all, i dont want my baby in constantly white. We think keeping it from family will make it stay special also :) will everybody please cross their fingers that baby decided to cooporate. I love how on the front it says :pink: lol as ive actually started saying she also, I would be quite shocked if baby did and there was boy bits however im almost certian its a girl, i think i would end up on the floor with shock if it was a boy, and having to refain for buying girly bits :haha: I love how on the front it says :pink: lol as ive actually started saying she also,

Aww 12 days til your scan is no time at all it will fly by :)

I have found that also that there isn't much choice for baby boys clothes :( sooo many for girls though! Will just need to keep looking lol!!! :)

Phillippa... I know what you mean, I keep referring to my baby as "he"... so if it is a girl I will feel bad for masculating her! :haha:
But yeah, it's more fun being able to buy pink or blue... rather than white. And I find there are better deals on pink/blue clothing.

Yes especially in the sales they dont reduce the unisex stuff but they do the boy or girly stuff. Just hope baby wants to open its legs and let us know. If it doesnt at least we have a polite baby :haha:

Laura I'm not 100% but I think it's after tax!

Well today I kept getting a pain low down on my right hand side so tried ringing my midwife but no answer so rang the doctors and asked if they could make me appointment because I couldn't get hold of my midwife, they said no and where really rude and gave me the number for the community midwifes. I rang them and they where useless, said I needed to keep trying my midwife. Luckily rang her again and she answered and she told me just as I thought, I needed to see a doctor.

I rang the doctors back and they where rude again, I explained my midwife said I HAD to be seen and they made me an appointment, work where really good and let me leave early. I went into the doctors and he tested my urine which had protein in it and pointed to a urine infection so I have been put on antibiotics! He was so nice bless him. As I was leaving he said "Any worrys AT ALL, come back, and drink lots of water!" Finally someone nice! :)

could i be added please :)

Im due 11th of october and i find out if im having a girl or boy next week, but think it'll be a girl :D xx

Aww glad its nothing serious and easy to sort out and you finally got someone nice :)
At least you got seen nice and quick i would have to wait at least a day to see my doctors lol.

Phillippa... I will keep my fingers crossed for you, that you can find out tomorrow! Make sure you drink something sugary about 1/2 hour before you go to your appointment, to try to get baby moving! It'll be nice keeping it your and OH's little secret though. I won't be able to contain it myself... but we kept our daughters name a secret until she was born, and we plan to do the same this time. We don't want anyone's opinions about names until it's on their birth certificate! :haha:

BB - that really sucks that everyone was rude to you! I would have flipped out! But I'm glad you finally saw a nice doctor and that it wasn't anything serious! I had a UTI with my daughter too... they aren't fun but pretty manageable at least, and antibiotics will clear it right up! :)

And welcome Mantha! :hi:

What names have :blue: girls come up with? We want something different but can't think of anything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->