**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Morning ladies!

Wow there are a bunch of you getting married! Congrats to you all!! I don't think I could have gotten married while pregnant, the style of my dress just wouldn't have fit me... plus I show(ed) REALLY early so I wouldn't have been able to fit my big-ass bump into my dress! This was my wedding... wow it feels like so long ago! (almost 3 yrs)... but yeah, my dress was tight enough (corset style) as it was, on my boobs... I can only imagine while pregnant! :haha:

https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/pnk.jpg
https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/distance.jpg

Anyway,... Phillippa... you're too funny! You were SO adamant about NOT finding out and now you're going to cave! I don't blame you though... I could NEVER wait 9 months to find out what I'm having! :rofl:

BB... less than 2 weeks now... only 13 days until our scan!!!! :happydance: I cannot WAIT!!!

On another positive note, I have been feeling LOTS of kicks this weekend! I am LOVING it!!! I've been poking at him, trying to get him to move.. and it's actually worked a few times! :D

Mommy kc you look amazing on those pics !!

I wish my OH would hurry up and propose haha so how did you all get asked ?? xx

Mommy kc you look amazing on those pics !!

I wish my OH would hurry up and propose haha so how did you all get asked ?? xx

Thanks hun! :hugs:

It's actually really funny how DH asked me. He had been acting really weird that night, like really nervous about something. I was absolutely clueless... so I thought he was hiding something from me. The way he was acting was very suspicious. So I asked him what was wrong and he said "none of your business"... well we can guess how well THAT went over!
Anyway... we ended up getting in an argument... I eventually stormed off to our bedroom to go to sleep. I was in there for about half an hour, in the dark... trying to sleep, despite how mad I was.
Well Pete came in and turned the lights on. I just gave him this dirty look... :haha:... and he got down on one knee and just asked me to marry him! I was COMPLETELY shocked and had no idea... and of course I said YES! It was about 4am when this happened too! And both of us were in our P.J.'s! :haha:
He didn't do any grand gestures but it's still a funny story to tell everyone, and it was really sweet in the end... and I wouldn't change a thing! :blush:
We were only dating about a year when he proposed (we already owned a house together)... but had known eachother off and on for about 7 years before that. Now, we've been together about 4.5 years! :)

Awww MommyKC. I love stories like that. :)

My OH proposed on 13th Feb. He was working away and normally gets to come home at weekends etc when he is on a project but there was a vital "go live" and so he was expected to be away for 2 weeks without coming back. He came home, took me to dinner and has set his room up all romantically when we got back... candles etc before getting down on one knee. Bless him. He was so nervous too... like there was anything else I could have said other than yes xx

MommyKC your pictures are amazing!
Lovely stories :)

H2B had taken me away to a hotel with hot tub in your bedroom for my 21st birthday last year, it was the middle of February and was freezing so we sat in the pub infront of the open fire and talked about our future, he said marry me and I laughed at him and we then went outside to a sheltered area with heating eating the biggest ice creams EVER. He got down on one knee and said "I'm being serious marry me", I laughed again and replied "You know I will marry you but your not being serious, prove it!" :rofl: so he rang his Dad! I then knew he was serious! He hadn't planned it, he didn't even know he was going to propose himself! The next day we went to Blackpool for the day and bought my engagement ring together :) We booked the wedding about 2 days later for August this year! :mrgreen:

I had no idea you where getting married Phillippa!!! What style of dress have you got?

We booked our wedding March 2009 and I am so glad our little boy will be sharing our day with us. I'll be 31 weeks exactly on our big day!:happydance:

Its corseted at the top, so hoping that it will have enough give in to hold my bump :)
And then the bottom is really long and flowing with a really long train :happydance: and all over espeically overf the front at the top on my belly and breast part is has loads of sequins etc on it. An its Ivory. The style but not the decoration looks similar to kate's
Yours looks lovely :)
Mine was exactly 2 months yesterday :happydance:

Yes we are so glad our LO will be sharing the day with us, and hoping that baby doesnt want to show its face that early :haha:

Kate you look so nice on your big day :)

Have you a picture of it!?

Here are some of mine! Don't laugh at my funny face! :rofl:

Attachments

• P260909_12.20.jpg
    P260909_12.20.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 11
  • P260909_12.21[01].jpg
    P260909_12.21[01].jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 10
  • P260909_12.19.jpg
    P260909_12.19.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 12
  • P260909_12.19[01].jpg
    P260909_12.19[01].jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 10
Aww BB and KittyVentura.... very sweet stories!!!! :cry:
Sounds like you are both marrying sweethearts! :D

Aww BB and KittyVentura.... very sweet stories!!!! :cry:
Sounds like you are both marrying sweethearts! :D

Don't let him hear that! :rofl:
We had been together about 2 and a half years when he proposed so it will be nearly 4 when we get married!
Time flys when your having fun! :D

Morning ladies!

Wow there are a bunch of you getting married! Congrats to you all!! I don't think I could have gotten married while pregnant, the style of my dress just wouldn't have fit me... plus I show(ed) REALLY early so I wouldn't have been able to fit my big-ass bump into my dress! This was my wedding... wow it feels like so long ago! (almost 3 yrs)... but yeah, my dress was tight enough (corset style) as it was, on my boobs... I can only imagine while pregnant! :haha:

https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/pnk.jpg
https://i801.photobucket.com/albums/yy296/sweetkate85/distance.jpg

Anyway,... Phillippa... you're too funny! You were SO adamant about NOT finding out and now you're going to cave! I don't blame you though... I could NEVER wait 9 months to find out what I'm having! :rofl:

BB... less than 2 weeks now... only 13 days until our scan!!!! :happydance: I cannot WAIT!!!

On another positive note, I have been feeling LOTS of kicks this weekend! I am LOVING it!!! I've been poking at him, trying to get him to move.. and it's actually worked a few times! :D

I may not find out at all lol, as i am really not sure what to do now :shrug: i think OH wants to know, if we do we wont be telling family so it will still be a suprise for them. I think i will decided on the day. TBH it would be easier if LO crossed its legs again :blush:

I have no pics of it at all sorry. I will see if i can get one when i try it on for size at 25 weeks. Yours is lovely BB

This is how my OH proposed
Well i dont know if mine was romantic or not, my OH got made redundant from his last Job, he found out in April last year, and had a leavers party thing for everyone being made redundant, but other people from company also were at the due to say bye to people. And infront of everyone (at least 500 people proberly more) he asked me, i had no idea at all. and he had guessed my ring size and got it perfect which was quite lucky. I was shocked but said yes straight away. I was very shocked but it was very nice, i think a few people must have known, as the lights went just on us as he asked, but most people were as shocked as i was :rofl:

ummmm I'm loving the dresses, very nice! Wow that was a big proposal Due#1 - 2010! My OH proposed whilst we were in the house alone, played our song & started dancing with me (we do that fairly often so clueless so far). He then danced us over to the windowsill, where he'd hidden the ring! Got the size right and everything!!!

ummmm I'm loving the dresses, very nice! Wow that was a big proposal Due#1 - 2010! My OH proposed whilst we were in the house alone, played our song & started dancing with me (we do that fairly often so clueless so far). He then danced us over to the windowsill, where he'd hidden the ring! Got the size right and everything!!!

I was very shocked as we had only been going out since the Feb of the same year. And i hadnt even turned 17. We wont have even been together 2 years when we get married but in a way as we say if we know its what we want why wait. Some people have been funny as there is a big age gap between us, i turn 18 in june and he turns 26 in August but it doesnt bother us, as its our love we care about and our family havent got a problem with it. its just some stupid idiots that do.

I was shocked that OH got ring size right, did it shock you too?

I had no idea as we hadn't been going out that long. We had been chatting about it but I wasn't expecting anything for at least another year or so!

You do what's right for you, I hate it when people try to tell you what you should do - how on earth do they know???? We hadn't been going out very long before he proposed but we both knew it was right, some people tried to say something but we didn't let them! you just have to stick to your guns!

When are you getting married?

24th July it was 2 months yesterday, have you actually got a wedding booked?
Yes thats what we do, we let them say it but just ignore it to be honest as we know whats best for us, why wait just to do the same in a few years time?

yeah, I have the exact same attitude as you go for it! I have managed to almost get the date sorted, just waiting on the church to call back & say it's fine as we want to get married in a church that's out of our area. They said they'd ring back today but maybe it'll be tomorrow now? It's not until April next year.

Aww so your LO will also be with you then, i bet it will be amazing :) it will shock you how quickly it goes

I was very shocked as we had only been going out since the Feb of the same year. And i hadnt even turned 17. We wont have even been together 2 years when we get married but in a way as we say if we know its what we want why wait. Some people have been funny as there is a big age gap between us, i turn 18 in june and he turns 26 in August but it doesnt bother us, as its our love we care about and our family havent got a problem with it. its just some stupid idiots that do.

I was shocked that OH got ring size right, did it shock you too?

I agree! DH and I were only together 1.5 years when we got married. We were barely even dating a year when he proposed... but like I said, I had known him off and on for 7 years... but I didn't know him that well.
But when you know, you KNOW! Hubby and I have been married for almost 3 years now and I honestly couldn't ask for a better husband. We are as perfect as two people can possibly be for eachother! So don't worry about what other people say. While you guys are 8 years apart, hubby and I are 4 years apart... and age really DOESN'T matter one bit when you're with the right person! :)

On another note... just got back from my midwife! :) Heartbeat was around 147 bpm and I'm measuring perfectly! It was so nice to hear baby's heartbeat again! :happydance:

hello haven't been on this thread in a long while!
but thought i better update :)
my due date changed from 25th to 28th and its a boy! :D
xxx

Hi veganmum2be... :hi:
We share a due date now, October 28th! :)
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->