**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

their are nipple creams you can use to moisturize the nipples to prevent dryness and cracking

Agiboma thanks hun i just used some vaseline on them and made them better in no time :)

Yay im so glad its friday. I am really looking forward to next tue afternoon as i will have done all of my 7 exams. They are really starting to drag had one today and last is tue morning. And today's was not easy with my back hurting, and Chloe got hiccups half way though :lol: and thats all i could feel and concentrate on.

Morning ladies and Happy Friday! :hi:

How is everyone today?

Alora is kicking and wiggling and stretching like crazy today! I love it! Movements are just getting better and better! :cloud9:

Phillippa - wow, 7 exams. :wacko: You poor girl! I bet you'll feel relieved after next Tuesday! :haha:

Yes very reliaved and the other day OH came round to the idea of a home birth. But now im having problem with differing midwife oppinions :wacko: and so not sure which to listen to

Due 1 is this youre first ? i was really looking into a homebirth but everyone seemed so against it i put it to the back of my mind and ive never really thought about it since i say as long as you feel comftarble with it then go for it ive heard SO many positive storys :)

Yes 1st other than a miscarriage. yes i have also heard so many positive stories.
People go if this birth goes well have your 2nd at home. But then you got to think about precticalities of the other child and all things like that. And i beleive the fact it would be my 1st and be at home makes it even more special.
https://www.babyandbump.com/home-na...hopefull-but-diffrent-oppinions-midwifes.html this is the dilemma i am having.
Did you ever speak to OH or MW about having homebirth?

Do you think you will put any more concideration into the homebirth, or do you think you are going to leave it?

oops posted by accident lol same here hun this is my first but i had a miscarriage a few years ago my midwife was really supportive (ive only ever seen one throughout my pregnancy) it was my OH and my parents that were so against the idea :shrug: i think as long as you are sensible about things and are willing to go to the hospital if any problems arise then theres no reason you shouldnt as youre spotting was due to needing the anti d injection

I just think it would be lovely to have lil one in youre own home i dont know about you but im petrified about going to hospital as ive heard so many horror storys about pushy midwifes and doctors

x

Yes exactly. I feel like i will be much more free at home. Can be in whichever room i feel most comfy, and move around as much or as little as i like. Own food and own home comforts. I dont want much pain relief anyway only gas and air im hoping with homebirth would all.
If baby was to early i would go in or too late i would go in, or if MW didnt arrive. or if baby showed any signs of distress, i would be the 1st one asking to go, but if everything was fine i would love it.

I dont know if i will reconsider as my OH is so against it but i deffinatley agree with you there about being more free in youre own home even just being able to jump in the bath if you want to for 5 mins :) lol

maybe you could get another opinion from youre doctor or another midwife ?

x

Yes might do that, with having one yes and one no its hard to know which is right. But i suppose if i got another pretending i hadnt had any feedback on it i would get a unbiased answer.
Yes my OH was against it i dont know what made him come round really, i was so happy. Some1 has just told me on my post you have to be pushy with the midwives to get your own way

I was seriously considering a home birth this time, but I will be having this baby in the hospital again.
People I know who have had home births, LOVED them.
But for me, my labour/delivery with Kyree was relatively straight forward and healthy, but she ended up getting stuck in the birth canal and they eventually used the vacuum/ventouse to pull her out.
Had I been at home, it could have been dangerous. So I'm not brave enough to do it at home.
There are MANY benefits, such as the comfort of being in your own environment, etc.
But for ME, I could never forgive myself if something went wrong. At least at the hospital they have the proper medical care to handle anything that may occur.

If you live close to the hospital, that would be more reassuring in CASE something does go wrong so you can get there quickly... but even so, if you happened to have placental abruption or hemorrhage, time is crucial.
I guess I'm just a worry wort! :haha: I feel safer at the hospital. :shrug:

Yes im a car i could get to the hospital within about 10/15 mins. ambulance station is 1min away from my house so if there way real emergancy then there is that avaliable.
I will be a bit aprehensive about it but i think i would actually be move worried in hospital/less relaxed which could mean i could end up being worse there if im less relaxed.

The main reason for swaying me apart from OH is the pain relief obdviously because i have never experienced labour before i dont know what the pain feels like so wouldnt like to say if i could manage on gas and air alone or not im such a wimp when it comes to pain but at the moment im SO excited about the whole thing :happydance: x

Yes i know what you mean, i only want gas and air, and maybe pethadine (spelling) dont want a epi. So in a way homebirth i perfect for this.

heya girlies

jus thought i would join into the october bumpkins.
i am due on the 25th, which i can see has alot of other yummy mummy's-to-be.
hope that eveyone is okay.. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"