**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

haha well the BIG DAY will be here before you know it, trust me!!! ;)

I really want to do all natural but they seem very against it at the hospital...why? or do you not know. lol

Really??? That's odd. My hospital tries to push all women into going natural, and only offer drugs/epi's if you ask for them.

But I live in Canada and all hospitals have different policies, along with different doctors, etc.
And this time I have a midwife instead of an OB/GYN who also pushes more for natural deliveries. :D
In the end, it's YOUR decision and they cannot make you take anything you don't want to take. Obviously if bubs is in danger, you would do what is necessary... but if everything is fine - there's no reason to take anything if you don't want to. Just make sure you stand your ground if that's what you really want.
I LOVED having an all-natural delivery. It was amazing. :cloud9:

wow mommykc you are so brave i have the lowest tolerance for pain so i am definetly going the epidural way

i just want gas and air but my friend had her baby after 5 days of labour so might result in having epi's in that case!

Morning ladies! :flow:
Hope we are all well today??

On the subject of pain relief - I've been instructed by hubby that I've got to ask for gas and air - even if I don't want it........ Just so that he can have some(!) Seriously, with my last DD I had a couple of puffs of it when she was crowning, but apart from that I had nothing, and while I was in the shower afterwards, he was sat there puffing on the gas and air!:rofl:
I'm going to try not to use anything this time round, but as my babies have been getting bigger, I think I'm looking at a 10lb+ baby this time:shock:!!

Anyway - hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I think the weather is going to be hot hot hot, so I'm spending most of the weekend in the pool with the girls! :thumbup: xxxxxxxx

subaru555 the dress looks lovely gonna have a nosey at your journal in a min :lol: i get married in exactly 4 weeks :D OMG how close :D

I am also very much looking forward to the 3rd tri only 1week 4 days for me :D

Newmommy i would have though they would have supported you if you wanted everything very natural?

I'm hoping to go natural too girls but who know's!?

Subaru your day looked amazing, well hidden bump too! :lol:

Hi ladies!

Hope you all had a nice day today!

Going_Crazy - thats hilarious about your hubby puffing on the gas! :haha: Silly men. And a 10+lb baby? Wow! Kyree was 7.11 so I'm guessing this one will be around the same, maybe 8lbs max. Nothing I don't think I can't handle! ;) I just like being alert and being able to feel what my body is doing.

But the important thing is that everyone does what's right for them and what they can personally handle. Everyone is different and going into delivery, one thing I've learned... you HAVE to be prepared for anything! You can have birth plans, but you have to plan for the unexpected. Anything from a quick and easy labour, to complications and c-sections.

the first doctor I went to basically flat out told me I "need" an epidural. my midwife is much much more supportive! I guess maybe it's just that guy. lol

well you certainly have a choice and should not be pressured to have an epi if you dont want one. me personally i will opt for the drugs, i dont tolerate pain well

Hey girls

Just popping by, I have been thinking about pain relief and will do gas and air. I dont want an epidural, there can be side effects and I want to get out of hospital as quick as possible. I may have a shot of pethidine, I will see how I go, I had those two with my other children.

I find that nearly every American birthing program always shows the woman having an epidural, I dont understand why there is so much encouragement for the ladies to have one, its only necessary in my opinion as a last resort or if you have a low pain threshold.

I am nearly 3rd tri now, only a few more days to go, yay, in double figures too!!! I have already been floating about over there reading all the birth stories.

Boy is it hot today, not loving the swollen ankles!!

Oh well better go..........COME ON ENGLAND!!!! XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

13 days until my 3D ultrasound and I can find out the baby's gender! I'm so excited! This will be a long two weeks!
Last night I had a great time at my cousin's baby shower! It was odd having people touch my belly, but it didn't bother me - just hard to believe I'm far enough along that people are doing that now! I made the cake for her.. a lovely buttermilk cake recipe! Here's a pic:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/juless231/IMG_5637.jpg

That cake is amazing... you did a great job on it!:thumbup: Makes me hungry for cake, now :(

Hi Ladies hope we are all ok.

Been watching the football today and its soooo hot to be rewarded with such a disappointing performance :(

With regards to pain relief, I have an extreme phobia of being sick so def dont want anything that could assist in causing this such as pethedine or gas and air if I can help it as it seems they can sometimes cause it, god im so soft haha but I cant help it, so lucky I didnt have morning sickness.
Im hoping I can let my body take over but stay in control and do it all naturally in the birthing pool.

How are we all x

hi all i didnt update her and notised on the first post i have no storks next to my name :( lol im on team :blue: YAY!! :d:d:d:d:

the cake is gorgeous, thank goodness i was eating marble cake and drinking warm milk as i read this post :rofl:

morning all.

Havent been on in a few days as i have been visiting family. Went up north to see my mom for her birthday. She had a 12 foot pool of my dad :haha: So we had a BBQ and pool party on Saturday and it was fab. had such a great time and a lovely tan to boot. :thumbup:
My little man is kicking and punching away in there now. He does not stop and i cant believe the 2nd tri is nearly over for me. Only little over a week to go.

How are all my october lovely ladies doing? Have i missed any gossip:

xxx

the thread has been dead over the weekend
so as far as i know hon you've not missed anything
glad you had fun at your bbq!!
i would really like a tan right now, but I never seem to be in the sun long enough, because i get so hot so quickly

100 days to go Phillippa! :happydance:

hope all you ladies and bumpys are doing well
and have a nice day
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly