**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Hi Leo_Mummy! :hi:

Yeah I didn't use ANY pain relief with Kyree (not even gas or IV), other than hanging out in the warm shower! :lol: I won't be using anything this time either. I've always been pretty good with pain and I didn't find labour to be that bad pain-wise. :shrug:
We all have our reasons I guess, for wanting or not wanting to do it! ;) For me, it's just that fear of "what if".... well that, and my mom would disown me! She is terrified of home birth's but she's a nurse and has always been around the hospital atmosphere so she's seen what "could" go wrong - so she wouldn't be happy if I had a home birth either. :wacko:

heya girls

how is everyone doing coping with this heat?
i am dreading summer if its this hot already, cause i can just about take
the heat now, an there is only 1 fan in my whole house :cry: an it happens to be mine but everybody else gets to use it apart from me.. why dont
they go buy there own :growlmad: .. xx

Aww Kate, no pain relief, sounds brave, how big was your daughter when she was born? I wouldnt have the pain relief if i needed it, but if i did,i want to try just gas and air.

Leo-mummy, im not finding the heat to bad at the moment, i dont know why. I am still managing to walk the 2.5miles to collage and 2.5miles back when i have to. But i suffer at night instead fan always on. Sounds like you need to lock your fan in the cupboard or something so just you can use it espeically with expecting. I aint looking forward to this weekend however as its menna get to 30degress C on sunday and im out all day at some outdoor show thing with OH

hiya i'm mega hot too. Been boiling all week and prob will be this wk end. Anyone else starting to feel a little lost at the mo. Kind of feel like i'm too far on for this section and def not ready for 3rd tri.

Yes im feeling exactly like that. And even when i do reach 27 weeks i will be well ready for the 3rd tri but still think i will feel lost over there until at least 30 weeks

hahah not me, I LOVE this heat! I wouldn't trade the nice warm weather for ANYTHING! :haha:

And Kyree was 7lbs 11oz. And my labour was 11 hrs start to finish, including 3 hours of pushing. :)

due#1-2010: i have now locked it away in my room, and i have a lock on m,y door, so nobody can come in and take it.:happydance: :happydance:

yep i heard the weekend was gonna be much hotter and i am totally dreading it. :nope: :cry:
gonna make myself housebound for the weekend. the times when i want to go out is when the sun is at its hottest. but im gonna try stay in the shopping centre so that im okay, and only go in shops that have air-con or a fan, otherwise i dont fink that i will survive.. xx

Aww bless ya leo-mummy, glad you have locked it away. People may be funny with you but its your and tbh you need it the most expecting a LO. Hope the problems with it stop. Hope you dont get too hot over the weekend.

Kate i though when you said you didnt find pain to bad/ didnt use any pain releif she was gonna be smaller that that tbh. And 3 hours of pushing is that about normal as to me it sounds like a lot but i have no idea

haha yeah she was an "average" sized baby. From what I hear, the size of the baby doesn't make that big of a difference when it comes to labour. The size of the head can make it more painful to push them out (and resulting in tearing) but it really isn't that different.

And 3 hours is REALLY long to be pushing. Most women push their first babies for about an hour. But like I said before, Kyree got stuck... so I kept pushing and pushing and pushing... some hospitals may have just sent me for a c-section... but thank goodness they didnt!!! And after 3 hours, they used the vacuum and helped get her out! :) WHAT a relief!!! After 3 hours, I was completely exhausted.

Yes i didnt link it to her getting stuck. you had me worried i didnt fancy the sound of 3hrs pushing :lol:

haha no, it's rough... trust me! :haha: But again, I did it ALL natural so it's do-able.

And while it most likely won't happen to you, it's always good to be prepared for ANY situation that may occur! :thumbup:

Yes exactly, my sisters 2nd labour lasted 2 hours for the whloe thing i think she pushed for about 10mins, baby came up with blood shot eyes he was born so quick. thats what made me think 3hours was long even for 1st

Yeah it's not good for them if they are born too quickly either.
My friend's baby was born in 6 minutes (of pushing) and he had trouble breathing at first because he came out too fast and couldn't catch his breath.

Aww bless.
yes i dont mind a bit of pushing all part of the experiance. I can't beleive we are in the 2nd trimester talking about this. Cant you tell were getting closer to 3rd tri :D

haha well the BIG DAY will be here before you know it, trust me!!! ;)

Yay i really hope so im getting so excited. and i have my wedding and results day before then :D hoping time will fly :D

Hey girls, hope you are all well.

Wedding was great! Pics in journal for those who want a nosey :)

Looking forward to 3rd tri?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"