**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Yeh it feels like a dream to me too Phillippa!

I'm roasting and have a stinking headache thanks to the decorators at work! :growlmad:

Anyway... morning/afternoon ladies!!! :hi:

How is everyone today?

Im excited, Im going to see the new Eclipse movie tonight! :D I can't wait!
And tomorrow is a holiday here (Canada Day) so I will be at home relaxing! It's supposed to be nice weather so thinking of taking Kyree to the beach. :)

I'm 23 weeks tomorrow! Sounds far behind compared to some of you ladies, but exciting none-the-less! That's only one week until viability! FINALLY! :yipee:

I'm in Canada too...Happy Canada Day (tomorrow)!!!
I just want to quickly complain about my heartburn today...it's brutal :wacko:
If it's true that heartburn means you'll have a hairy baby, then my baby must be the hairiest baby in the world!! :haha:

it's so weird
i honestly didn't expect to have a baby this young
but i'm not calling her an accident or a mistake
she's some kind of miracle, i'll tell you :blush:
xxx

Phillippa - true, I can't be THAT far behind if I'm still having an October baby! Just being due at the end of the month makes me one of the last ones! :haha: Oh well... I don't mind! ;)

Em - I agree, NO babies are mistakes. I like to call them unexpected blessings. :)

Happy Canada Day to you peanut! Sorry about the hearburn. :wacko: Mine hasn't kicked in... YET!

i've only had slight heartburn, knock-on-wood
she's definitely a blessing :hugs:
despite what some people might say
xx

People keep asking us if ours is a mistake because our wedding is in 7 weeks!

Our reply is no, we are adults, we both knew what we where doing, no contraception for 14 months what do you expect? :lol:

I was desperate for a baby and from about October last year H2B had come round to the idea but we where waiting until after the wedding but still weren't using any contraception just the pull out method. I think in a way we both got clumsy because we wanted a baby so much and without actually admitting it I think we wanted it to happen sooner.

We've spoken about it and we are so happy i've become pregnant now, no charting cycles and crying at AF each month

Yeah it's really irritating when people stick their nose into your business.
Kyree was planned, and she wasn't. We weren't trying or anything, just not avoiding it either. And after only two months, I was pregnant.

Luckily noone has ever mentioned either of my babies being "mistakes" otherwise I would have knocked them out I think! :haha:

Unplanned babies happen ALL the time, and many of them have wonderful parents. I think it's nicer, in a way, to have an unplanned pregnancy as oppose to "trying" and counting your cycle, going by ovulation, take your temps, etc. How boring!

At the end of the day, a baby is the most wonderful thing you can do with your life in my opinion. Becoming a Mommy is the best decision I ever made, and it's made me a much better person. :D My entire life revolves around my children and I wouldn't have it any other way.
:hugs:

i think people assume simply because i'm young that baba was a mistake
but i wouldn't have it any other way
sure i would have liked to wait a couple of years, but now she's here
there's no going back and i can't imagine not having her
xxx

Exactly! Sometimes it happens sooner than you originally planned... and sometimes for some people, it even happens when you thought it NEVER would. ;)

But the important thing is you accept your situation and love them with everything you have, regardless of your circumstance or age. :shrug: That's what makes good parents! :D

Exactly! Some people make GREAT parents at 17-18... and some people make HORRIBLE parents at 30+ years old.
It's all about the person and how dedicated they are, and whether they have a big enough heart to love a child as much as they need to be loved. Age doesn't matter at all.
Sure, if you're older you might be more prepared financially, etc... which is nice... but it's not the most important thing. :hugs:

i'm just worried i won't know what i'm doing!!
but i guess i'll just have to learn
xx

I was terrified I couldn't have kids, I had convinced myself of it.
I was even under gynae review having scans etc checking that everything was ok before I got pregnant!

I had no idea what I was doing at first. Sure, I had read books, etc but I didn't have much hands-on experience with babies.
But you learn quickly, because you have to! ;)

BB - I worried about that too, with no reason to worry either. My mom had a hard time concieving so I was worried I would too.

But my one friend had unprotected sex with her boyfriend for over 7 years! And never got pregnant. Then, one day, she was late for her period and took a test and it was positive! She now has a 21 month old little girl.
So it's crazy how things can just happen sometimes! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->