**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

ooo, thought I would share with you ladies. One of our chickens just hatched out two cute little chicks! They are all hanging out with our horses, its adorable!

hahaha nothing worthwhile is ever easy. ;) Just remember that!
xx

Silver_Penny - that is too cute!!!! :cloud9:

We've got a right little farm going on here. We have horses, chickens, ducks, goats, cats, dogs, and a turkey.

Aww how sweet! My hubby and I always wanted a little hobby farm. But now we have no time, nor the property to have one. :( Some day we might though! :D

omgg that is so cool!
:rofl:
i want a dog, but that's too much responsibility especially with a newborn
xxx

It is a lot of fun, except when you have to do the dirty work. We often eat a lot of what we produce, so it is kinda sad when that happens, but so exciting when we get new little animals. It is good, though, cause we know what we are consuming, no hormones, and we know that the animals are butchered without cruelty.

The animals are a lot of responsibility, but they have so many rewards. Our dogs get on so well with my LO, as do the horses. My LO loves to be around all of the animals. Plus, he will grow up knowing where his food comes from!

A very sad wk this wk as the soilder killed in afghan on sunday was from llanelli my town and was the husband of some1 i knew!!!
Rip jaime kirkpatrick what a hero! X

A very sad wk this wk as the soilder killed in afghan on sunday was from llanelli my town and was the husband of some1 i knew!!!
Rip jaime kirkpatrick what a hero! X

My heart goes out to all who knew him. A real hero. RIP xxxxxx

It is a lot of fun, except when you have to do the dirty work. We often eat a lot of what we produce, so it is kinda sad when that happens, but so exciting when we get new little animals. It is good, though, cause we know what we are consuming, no hormones, and we know that the animals are butchered without cruelty.

The animals are a lot of responsibility, but they have so many rewards. Our dogs get on so well with my LO, as do the horses. My LO loves to be around all of the animals. Plus, he will grow up knowing where his food comes from!

Thats awesome, something I aspire to do 100%. Right now all my beef comes from my friends farm, as well, her son got a Bison this year so now my freezer is topped up with that. Chicken hasn't been easy so far but someone is starting up, in the meantime I buy the 'free from' from Superstore (Free from antibiotics, hormones, etc)
We only have 3 acres but plan to get 100-160 at some point soonish, then I can do more of my own. :) We are eating out of the greenhouse too. :thumbup:

Gonna post a pic tomorrow of my current project, a baby blanket! I haven't knit since I was a kid, but I dove into it and and pretty pleased with how its going!

Morning Girls!!

Em I'm the same as you, scared of doing things wrong even more so with having a boy. I have cared for little girls before but never boys! :shock:

I once put my nephews nappie on, my sister rang me a few hours later laughing, I'd left his willy pointing upwards and he had pee'd straight out of his nappie! :rofl:
I didn't know you where supposed to point baby boy's willys downwards :blush:

Eeeeek girls we get married NEXT month!!!! :yipee: :wohoo: :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"