**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

Hi guys! Hope you're doing well.

Has anyone had their blood tests results yet? I had a letter about the Down Syndrome test today (I got 1 in 10000 O: ), but I was a little confused because it didn't say anything about the other 2 tests they did, and I was kind of looking forward to finding out what blood type I am. :p Aren't they meant to tell me if I need rhesus D injections and stuff? Then again, I'm not even sure what the tests they were doing are.

So basically, I'm wondering what everybody's blood test letters said?

Oh well, I do have my first consultant appointment in 2 days, so maybe I'll see if I can find out then. I'm overweight and have to have consultant lead care, I'm kind of nervous!

I'm taking it easy for a few days because yesterday I felt awful...I almost fainted and had loads of dizzy spells. I'm guessing I need a little more iron! Off to eat some broccoli. :p

girls i need your advice,

Had my 16 week midwife appoitment today. All went well. Bllod tests negative :thumbup:

well i have to book a GP appointment in 8 weeks time (ill be 23 weeks)
And my next midwife appointment in 16 weeks time (ill be 31 weeks)

Does this sound right to you? 31 weeks for my next MW appointment seems really late. Plus when do i get my MATB1 form as i move counties in 14 weeks so wont be seeing my MW after then and i need it to start my maternity leave from work??? Shall i book my appointment with the MW earlier... say 12 weeks time?

xxx

preggy eggy,

I got all those results today at my MW appoitment. My downs results were 1:28500 so low risk. :happydance:

Preggy - Have you had your "16 week" MW apt yet? I got my results there and so did most ladies I've spoken to.

Laura - 31 weeks is wayyyyy too late to get your MAT1B. They can isue it anywhere from 21 weeks but wait normally until the 25 week MW apt to give them. If you're not seeing the MW until 31 weeks I'd ring the surgery/MW and aks them how best to get your MAT1B xxx

thanks Kitty,

Im waiting for a call back from them. I thought that 31 weeks wouldbe way too late. Im so confused now. My appointments havent been booked yet so if she dont hurry up and call back im contemplating just booking my appointment earlier and going at about 22 weeks. Just before my GP appointment at 23 weeks.

Doe anyone else have to see their GP as well as their MW for check ups ect. The MW today said the GP will do what she done today, BP and babies heart rate cheks ect?

xxx

I don't have to see a doctor throughout my pregnancy unless medical related.

I am seeing a midwife at the drop in clinic (even though I need to make an appointment) at 16 weeks where they listen to Bean.
I then see the midwife again at 20 weeks. I can't remember exactly when else I see her as she wrote it in my green notes and the doctors have them at the moment! I remember it was quite a lot though!

thanks hun. im still waiting on a call back from her so ill see what she says when she calls. how are you anyway chick?

xx

Laura 31 weeks is very late, I am also like you and my care will be done through my gp as long as they dont decide at my 20 week appointment that I am to be consultant led which I am thinking they might. I was just saying to my oh yesterday that there is far too long between appointments in this country! And if you want to ask a question that isn't serious enough to warrant a doctors appointment but cant wait until the next appointment then who are you supposed to talk to xxxx

Not too bad actually, just beginning to feel human again, well ish! I suppose I am at about that stage now aren't I?

Just waiting for H2B to pick me up then we are off to the Baby Event at Asda! I'm so sad, I'm well excited!!

I've seen an electronic steam steriliser for £20! It's the closer to nature one and you get 2 bottles with it! £40 in Boots!!!

I'm wanting to do breast and bottle and apparently these are the closest to breast!

Are you girls breast or bottle? I never wanted to breast feed but just recently I really want to!

How are you?

Any of you on Facebook?

i have my GP appointment at 23 weeks and then MW at 31 weks thats whats confused me. Just dnt know who i get the MATB1 off. Why cant things be easy and less complicated. lol.

How are you serenity hun?

xxx

And if you want to ask a question that isn't serious enough to warrant a doctors appointment but cant wait until the next appointment then who are you supposed to talk to xxxx

Have you not got your midwifes number? I am allowed call mine at any time :D

Hi girls,

Hope your all well.

I ordered the Tommee Tippee Microwave steriliser from Asda its down to £10 and only takes 4 mins in microwave I also ordered some nappies and wipes and the johnstones baby box. Going to wait until my gender scan before I buy anything else so i can go pink or blue daft lol.

BB - I'm definately Bottle didn't manage to breast feed my son or daughter so straight to bottle for me :).

Would you try breast again?
I never wanted to do it but I seem to have this feeling (can't explain) that is really making me want to breast feed! I am definately going to bottle aswell though as I hate the way some women are totally tied and can't do anything! Plus I want H2B to be as involved as possible!

Not too bad actually, just beginning to feel human again, well ish! I suppose I am at about that stage now aren't I?

Just waiting for H2B to pick me up then we are off to the Baby Event at Asda! I'm so sad, I'm well excited!!

I've seen an electronic steam steriliser for £20! It's the closer to nature one and you get 2 bottles with it! £40 in Boots!!!

I'm wanting to do breast and bottle and apparently these are the closest to breast!

Are you girls breast or bottle? I never wanted to breast feed but just recently I really want to!

How are you?

Any of you on Facebook?

Oh i have that steraliser to. Its great. I have the breast pump to go with it. Ill be doing the same as you, breast feeding and expressing.

I used to be on face book but came off it months ago as hadnt been on there for donkeys. lol.
Glad your feeling better chick. Im not to bad, getting bigger and plodding alond as you do. lol.

xx

Would you try breast again?
I never wanted to do it but I seem to have this feeling (can't explain) that is really making me want to breast feed! I am definately going to bottle aswell though as I hate the way some women are totally tied and can't do anything! Plus I want H2B to be as involved as possible!

I think I will try just after the birth to see if I can get baby to latch on if it works great but I'm not going to beat myself up about it if I can't manage and I'll do it on my own not with MW's standing over me. With my first I had numerous MW's grabbing at my boobs trying to get my son on then when he wouldn't they started expressing milk by hand into a syringe type thing it was horrible I was so depressed and ended up wanting to leave hosp without my son, when I finally decided to go with the bottle the comments I got were awful from the MW's and I was discharged almost immediately.

Sorry that was turning into a bit of a rant :blush:.

Glad to see everyones doing good........ I'm having a bit of a down day as I don't feel like the baby's grown any :wacko:

Trying to stay positive just having one of those days. This is my 6th child and I feel like I should be getting a bump by now....... Does anyone else have a bump yet? Here's my - 15 week no-bump pic....

Attachments

• 15 week belly pic.jpg
    15 week belly pic.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
Hi girls,

Hope your all well.

I ordered the Tommee Tippee Microwave steriliser from Asda its down to £10 and only takes 4 mins in microwave I also ordered some nappies and wipes and the johnstones baby box. Going to wait until my gender scan before I buy anything else so i can go pink or blue daft lol.

BB - I'm definately Bottle didn't manage to breast feed my son or daughter so straight to bottle for me :).

Hi,

How are you??

Just wanted to say I ordered some things from Asda too, I ordered the Avent microwave steraliser, I have got the electric steam one from when Callum was a baby but decided I wanted the microwave one this time for convenience and couldn't beleive it when I saw it on Asda website for £ 10.00 - Bargain!!! I also ordered some size 2 bubba nappies and the box of wipes and some size 5 nappies which Callum still has one on at night. Isn't it satisfying when you get some bargains???
I can't believe that we might hopefully find out boy or girl on Sunday and your's is next week isn't it?? I just hope baby participates!!!
I'm also going to change from Avent bottles to the Dr Brown bottles this time as Callum was quite colicky, so hoping to try and minimise it next time. What bottles did you use??
Karenxx

Hi Karen,

I'm ok had quite a bit of pain low down but trying not to worry, seeing the MW on Thursday so I'll see what she says. How about you is everything going well?

I love getting bargains but I just love spending money bargain or not :haha:.

I used Avent bottles before bu have bought Tommee Tippee ones this time. My son was a bit Colicy but my daughter was fine.

Can't believe you find out on Sunday how exciting you must post as soon as you get back and let us know, do you have an incling what your having? What times your appointment? Bet you don't sleep on Saturday night :haha:. Mine is Thursday next week still seems ages away.

Jo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->