**** October Bumpkins 2010 ****

hey Kitty,

a bet your excited. have a lovely hen do as well.
Not much planned for me, im working :cry: not good! cant wait to start my matenity leave now

Roll on Maternity Leave!!

What a crap morning! :(

I had a massive argument with my boss this morning infront of a patient, she was screaming at me, I tried to explain but she wouldn't listen and scream saying stop arguing with her! WTF why should I? She was saying I hadn't done something so I told her the reason and she wouldn't listen!:growlmad:

The velopex man then came in and I asked him if it was safe for me to go near Fixer and Developer and he said no way! Well my boss had told me it was ok When I asked him about it he blew his top! Arghhh Of course I'm going to ask, my baby is more important than developing a bloody x-ray film! Anyways he has sent off for the COSHH report on them so we can be sure!

I was then looking for some notes and searched EVERYWHERE, I was looking for about half an hour and still no luck, I had been through the drawer twice and wouldn't you know, my female boss who I had argued with looked in that drawer first time and it was there

My day just gets worse!!

Sure am!
I'm training at the moment, I can do the job just need the paper to say so too :rofl:
I'm in Orthodontics so have to go to a General Practice wants a week so I can do observations and things!

Ok so at the end of my Dr's appointment he took me in the ultrasound room and asked me if I wanted to make sure "he" was still a "HE".... I told him yes (of course) and I am about to post some pics, plus we cancelled our private gender scan for this morning as we don't need to waste the money when we have our answer.... SO HAPPY today!!!

Attachments

• Ourson.jpg
    Ourson.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1
  • ItsAboy!.jpg
    ItsAboy!.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
Good morning ladies!

Thanks GoingCrazy for the banner! I LOVE IT! Very nice! :D

Laura, Im glad to hear everything worked out with OH! I knew it would! :) Sometimes we let our emotions get the best of us!

BB Im sorry to hear you are having a crappy day at work today. :( I hope it gets better.

Wantabelly... that DEFINITELY looks like a little boy to me! Congrats again! :happydance:

I'm 15 weeks today! YAY! Only 5 weeks til gender scan (who am I kidding, 5 weeks is an ETERNITY! lol) :dohh:

I know what you mean my gender scan is only 13 days away and that feels like an eternity. Im so scared about it now though :( scared baby will have stopped growing or something :(

I know what you mean my gender scan is only 13 days away and that feels like an eternity. Im so scared about it now though :( scared baby will have stopped growing or something :(

I know the feeling :( As excited as I am, Im scared too.
My last scan was done at 8 weeks (which is the "norm" over here)... and at that point, my baby was a blob! So this will be the first scan where we can actually see how the baby is doing - Im so scared he/she is going to have some sort of abnormality or something. Its terrifying. But its also important to stay positive, not only for our sake but for theirs too! :hugs:

Thankyou hope all goes well with your scan what date is it set for, im sure your LO will be just fine. I couldnt imagan my only scan being at 8 weeks and then 20. I found it bad enough being 11weeks 6days at mine as i knew i wasnt quite at the so called safe point

Thank you! Good luck to you too! Im sure everything will be fine for you too! :)
Mine is booked for June 12th (will be 20w2d)... though I'm still debating on moving it up just a few days, since I'm so impatient! :haha:

And its been hard waiting this long, but I have heard my baby's heartbeat twice (last time being this past weekend) so I know he/she is doing okay in there, which is a relief. But I am dying to SEE this baby... and make sure they're growing okay!

Yes im like that i have my own doppler so hear the heartbea when i like and becuase im 18weeks i get some movement every now and then so i know my little one is ok and must have grown im just being silly.
Yes if you would be allowed to move it forward try to you can have your anomoly scans from 18weeks cant you?
i will be exactly 20 weeks on the day of mine
Ive seen other peoples pics and get so jelous thinking i want my 20 week scan.

Well I dont have my own doppler but my friend did have one (she was renting it and just sent it back) and we used hers... and managed to hear it! Which was exciting. But now my next midwife appointment is booked May 25th so I have to wait until then before hearing the heartbeat again. But again, Im sure everything is and will be fine! :)

But I have also started feeling the odd little pop and poke, here and there... its not frequent at all but at least that is reassuring too, knowing baby is okay.

The earliest I can get my scan done is 19 weeks (minimum they want you to be at my local hospital - although I know several people who have gotten them done at 17-18 weeks and that was acceptable). But I want to make sure they can get all the necessary measurements so the earliest I would book it would be June 7th, which is still far away! So I dont know if it would be worth moving it up only 5 days. :(

it depends if you want to see baby 5days ealier i would, if i had the chance i would move mine one day forward just to be able to see baby sooner.
Aww glad you got the hear the heartbeat. I always feel baby's heartbeat sounds diffrent on my midwifes doppler but i think thats becuase they have the very good expensive ones but there is no mistake its baby sounds just like a train. I always find baby's heartbeat on same side in almost exactly the same place is this normal?

Yeah I guess you're right... its just the downside is my ultrasound is booked for a Saturday right now. If I move it up, it would be during the week and I've have to take time off work to go to it.

And its crazy how fast the midwife can find the heartbeat! She literally put the machine on my tummy and within 5 seconds, found the heartbeat. It took us at least a minute at home to find it. But again, its probably because they have much better equipment.

And I dont see why it wouldnt be normal to find the heartbeat in the same place? It just means the baby is hanging out in that spot. Both times I heard the heartbeat, it was in a similar spot. Not the EXACT same but in the same general area. So I wouldnt worry if I were you!

I just called my hubby and told him I might move my appt up lol... Im just too impatient! :haha:

Lol. if your work isnt too bothered about taking time off then do it :D just think its 5days less waiting.
yes it moves sometimes but its always on my left side and often very close to my left hip.
I know sometimes takes me 3 or 4 mins to find even though i know the rough area to look it still takes a while.
Can anyone blame you for being impatcient its you LO at the end of the day. Are you going to find out the sex?

Yeah babies tend to have their "favourite" spots. My daughter always hung out around my right hip... and as she got bigger, she liked to stick her bum into the right side of my ribs. So thats definitely normal! :D

And you're right... 5 days does make a difference when I've already been waiting 5 weeks now (since I booked the appointment)... so I just might call and see if I can move it! And I am DEFINITELY finding out the sex! Since I already have a little girl, I want to know if I need to buy all new clothes, or if I will be set with her hand-me-downs! And we also want to paint the baby's room! I cant wait!
Are you finding out?

Can i ask a quick question? Has anyone else developed lower back pain? I thought that lovely symptom would come later.

MommyKC .. I agree move it. Its less days to wait and I think time off work is a good thing ;-)

Aww i did the room magnolia, and becuase at 1st i wasnt going to find out was going to get neutral stuff, but finding out for OH so keeping to neutral room painted it over the bank holiday. But will get pink or blue items like the cot sets and other stuff like that. Im really set on finding out as was going to get baby its 1st bear from build a bear. But my OH is taking me to London for my birthday in June as an extra pressie and getting me a teddie from harrods, this is all extra on the amount he is normally allowed to spend says its a mummy to be treat. I was looking online for a bear for me and saw one for baby says my 1st bear and they have pink and blue ones so really want to be able to get one of them :)
Yes your daugther looks very cute. Have you had any feeling about the sex of this baby? is the pregnancy similar or diffrent so far to with your daughter?
Yes dont think im telling you what to do but move it :winkwink: i will have been waiting 8weeks when i get mine as found out 2 days after 12week scan

Hi ladies, haven't checked in for a day or two, I've tried to catch up a bit but there are so many pages! Hope everyone is well and welcome to the new ladies who have joined us. I am doing okay, so excited because I will be 20 weeks on Sunday and I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday. This week feels like it's dragging in though, wish I could just go to sleep and wake up when it's Tuesday xxx

Can i ask a quick question? Has anyone else developed lower back pain? I thought that lovely symptom would come later.

MommyKC .. I agree move it. Its less days to wait and I think time off work is a good thing ;-)

Very normal hun, i have had it for ages. Make sure you have good back support, and you can take parocetomol for it if you really need to, a cool hot water bottle, i mix boling hot water and cold water so i can feel heat through clothes but it isnt to hot and also warm baths help.
Also if you have any aquanatal classes near you i go to one at my local pool at that does my back wonders good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->