October Hopes - Testing thread. 128 Testers! 25 BFPs!!!

Ugh guys I'm so freaked out. I was off celebrating all weekend, then thought I'd POAS this morning and finish off my digi tests... and I got both a positive and a negative?? Same pee, different tests, both CB Digi, but one is the Advanced with Conception Indicator and the other is the regular +/- digi. Think they just have different sensitivities? And why isn't my HCG high enough now for both? I'm so freaked out and have myself convinced I'm going to lose this pregnancy. Anyone had this happen?

https://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab169/xGRGirlx/tests_zps6ca00edf.jpg

They definitely could have different sensitivities. I would test with a FRER. How many DPO are you?

I tested with a FRER and got a normal pink line positive. I'm 14 DPO today.

I did some internet googling and it looks like the normal digi is less sensitive than the conception indicator one, so I think you're right.

Thanks! It made me feel a bit better.

Ugh guys I'm so freaked out. I was off celebrating all weekend, then thought I'd POAS this morning and finish off my digi tests... and I got both a positive and a negative?? Same pee, different tests, both CB Digi, but one is the Advanced with Conception Indicator and the other is the regular +/- digi. Think they just have different sensitivities? And why isn't my HCG high enough now for both? I'm so freaked out and have myself convinced I'm going to lose this pregnancy. Anyone had this happen?

https://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab169/xGRGirlx/tests_zps6ca00edf.jpg

I think the ordinary digi has a sensitivity of 50 but the conception indicator one is 25. Hopefully in a couple of days both will show a lovely "pregnant" for you. xx

Thanks, I did some internet searching and I found the same thing, normal digi says 40-50, conception indicator 25. I'm 14DPO and I guess my HCG just must be low? Still worried, but thanks that makes me feel a little better.

I called the doctor and they basically told me not to worry about the - test, I took so many other tests that were positive that sometimes the pee can be too diluted, test not sensitive enough, etc. Said the earliest they can see me is at 8 weeks and call if cramping hard, red blood, etc. Does that sound normal?

I called the doctor and they basically told me not to worry about the - test, I took so many other tests that were positive that sometimes the pee can be too diluted, test not sensitive enough, etc. Said the earliest they can see me is at 8 weeks and call if cramping hard, red blood, etc. Does that sound normal?

That's basically what the girl I spoke to when setting up my first Ob appointment said as well. I'm going in today for a nerve block (that I don't know if the doctor will do now because she injects the muscles in my vagina and the nerve on the outside) and hopefully she will do the preliminary stuff. I asked why wait so long and they want to get past the danger zone of miscarriage. I asked them how I'm supposed to know what's safe and what's not safe until after it's too late.

What did they say when you asked?

She said because I drink a lot, the - could have been from pee diluted or the test wasn't as sensitive as the other ones, my HCG can be low, it's not something to worry about since the other 15 tests I took were all positive. Basically it was just a "weird thing".

And they wait until 8 weeks because if something bad were to happen prior, there's nothing they could do anyway (which was NOT comforting to hear, but honest I guess). I don't have a history of plural losses and other than my lower back pain, I have no reason to worry. She made the back pain sound normal too because it's just an ache not an "OMG I'm dying" kind of pain.

... I asked them how I'm supposed to know what's safe and what's not safe until after it's too late.

I asked that too! I was told to read "What to Expect" or go to the library and check out some books and be "cautious about internet research". But clearly, since they can't tell me anything, I had to Google it already!

Hey ladies. Im 17dpo today, cd 32 usually a 29 day cycle. Bfn yesterday but not with fmu. Usually if Dh an I bd late in my cycle it makes af show. Not this time. Hmm.

... I asked them how I'm supposed to know what's safe and what's not safe until after it's too late.

I asked that too! I was told to read "What to Expect" or go to the library and check out some books and be "cautious about internet research". But clearly, since they can't tell me anything, I had to Google it already!

I know! I just googled it because Google is more helpful than the appointment setter. An added benefit from my husbands work is a $25 gift card for food (he works at Whole Foods) diapers, wipes, prenatal vitamins, 2-3 pregnancy books and access to a midwife via phone 24/7. When we deliver we get an extra $100 gift card. I want to call but my hubby says wait. At least I could ask the midwife anything I'm wondering.

too scared to test this cycle! I can't stand to see one more BFN. I was 98.2 yesterday. today is 12dpo and im 97.9. is this too big of a dip? af due in two days....

Ladies, will you please look at my chart? According to ff and ovufriend I am 21 dpo. I tested this morning with a first response and nothing. My temps are still high, I'm just not sure what to think...

imhoping for :BFP on the 22nd please put me down for then sending :babydust xxxx

Ladies, will you please look at my chart? According to ff and ovufriend I am 21 dpo. I tested this morning with a first response and nothing. My temps are still high, I'm just not sure what to think...

And AF was due Friday, am I reading that right? It sounds like good news. BFN could just be a shy baby I guess. What did you test with?

And AF was due Friday, am I reading that right? It sounds like good news. BFN could just be a shy baby I guess. What did you test with?

Yes it was due Friday. I tested with a first response test. I think it was one you could use even before a missed period. I'm hoping its just a shy one, but it's hard to believe it's that shy lol.

I've updated the front page.. I hope I got all the BFPs in! Pleeeeease if I miss something, either PM me or give me a shout on here, usually by the time I get on my laptop it's late and I'm tired and I miss things :(

Hope you're all doing well!

AFM - I had the lightest spotting for 4 days which has now buggered off completely. getting random twinges in my uterus but trying not to symptom spot (been quite successful! planning and holding a 3 year old bday party helped massively!)

I meant to test this morning but I woke up at 5, bladder about to burst. By the time I realised what had happened I had finished peeing and it was too late!

3 more days.. if still no AF and BFNs I'll call the doctor. My body hates me.

Feeling kinda down after I went to the doctor today. They did a urine test and it came back inconclusive. The doctor said there was a faint line and asked a bunch of questions. Using my date of conception of September 26th and my known lmp of September 9th, she determined that I am only 3.5 weeks along gestational age and their tests aren't solid until at least 4 weeks.

I showed her the photos I took of the positive FRER's and she recommended I come back in a week or two for a second test for confirmation if I don't start spotting before then. My husband said that it sounded like she definitely thinks its positive, but doesn't want to get my hopes too high since I'm only 4 days late for my period.

What do I do now?

Feeling kinda down after I went to the doctor today. They did a urine test and it came back inconclusive. The doctor said there was a faint line and asked a bunch of questions. Using my date of conception of September 26th and my known lmp of September 9th, she determined that I am only 3.5 weeks along gestational age and their tests aren't solid until at least 4 weeks.

I showed her the photos I took of the positive FRER's and she recommended I come back in a week or two for a second test for confirmation if I don't start spotting before then. My husband said that it sounded like she definitely thinks its positive, but doesn't want to get my hopes too high since I'm only 4 days late for my period.

What do I do now?

I agree with your husband. Your best bet is to do your best to relax (I know that's a tall order) and go back in the recommended window for confirmation. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and try not to make yourself crazy. :hugs:

What do I do now?

I agree with your husband. Your best bet is to do your best to relax (I know that's a tall order) and go back in the recommended window for confirmation. In the meantime, take good care of yourself and try not to make yourself crazy. :hugs:

^wss Try not to worry :) The doctors here won't even see us until about 8 weeks because of this I think x

Hi Ladies:flower:

thought I was out but ....

I just tested on an ic and got a faint positive...

tested with digi and got my :bfp: 1-2 weeks

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

So I tested this morning and had a hint of a line. So I've been sat stewing all morning wanting answers. I decided to test my blood. And my test was instantly positive. Anybody know anything about this? Is it reliable?

I know I did this last cycle with the same brand and batch of test and got nada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->