Pregnant after a loss

Congratulations. I know it is hard. I have had three miscarriages. I have a scan booked for 8 weeks, but that feels like forever...and I keep saying "if I make it that far". I don't think that people realize just how stressful it is to be pregnant after a loss, or losses. It isn't the same. You can't just jump for joy at the sight of a positive pregnancy test. Here are some things that I am doing though
-I am recognizing that TODAY I am pregnant, so I am happy for today
-I get really stressed in the bathroom because I am worried I will see blood, but I will not allow myself to get stressed anywhere else. Only good thoughts.
-I take a pregnancy test a day for peace of mind (dollar store cheapies).

I pray that your bean is a sticky one. :hug:

Thanks JASMAK, those are really helpful tips and I am going to follow them to help keep me sane. You are totally spot on, I just can't feel the same anymore. I realise that two lines doesn't mean always mean a baby and I find it all heartbreaking. Honestly? I am distancing myself mentally from this pregnancy because I have no idea how I would cope again, and I realise I am still very much grieving for my 10 week MMC which makes me feel guilty to this baby. My brain is just like mush really! If you ever need someone to chat to, please PM me or message on here :hugs: and sticky, healthy :dust:

Katie, i know how hard it is, and i'll prob be the same the next time im pregnant, but drazic and edan sent you this gift, things will be ok. And please do not distance your self so much - you may not bond so well. I know how harsh that sounds but i DO mean it in the nicest way possible xxx

Huge congratulations. I got my bfp on boxing day after m/c at end of Oct.
I like you have distanced myself from it slightly although I am trying to stay positive and have decided to take it a day at a time.
:hug:

Congratulations Ferret, sending you loads of healthy, sticky vibes :dust: - hopefully all us pregnant after a loss girls can support each other and maybe not go completely mental! :hugs:

Finding it hard to stay sane at the mo. Already tested 4 times but have made a pact with myself not to do anymore as i'm driving myself crazy.

Not sure what to do as in the process of changing dr's and if my calculations are right I am only 4+4. Bit scared about going as with my 1st pg the day i went to the Dr's for confirmation was the same day I started bleeding (I know, I know its all in my head).
:dust:

Oh hun, just seen this post and wanted to say a big congratulations, so pleased for you and wishing you a very healthy and happy pregnancy.

I totally understand how scared you must be feeling and I wish I could take that away for you hun cause I know how it ruins the whole joy of pregnancy, I'm coming up to 20weeks and only now starting to relax a little.

I know what you mean about distancing yourself hun, I wouldn't allow myself to feel anything until I passed the 17week mark, after that I started to feel there was some hope and I am slowly coming to acknowledge the love I have for my baby, it takes time and it will come - Just take a day at a time hun x

Thanks so much las78, I am so happy for you. Seems like it has gone quickly! (always does to other people hey?!) and I hope so much I get there too.

Ferret, I am around there too. NHS test thinks I am 4 weeks but pregnology puts me at 5 weeks tomorrow which I think is nearer the truth as I OV'd really early. My life saver is going to be having tiny little milestones. The first was my doctors appointment, the second is my midwife appointment in two weeks. It helps stop you being overwhelmed looking at the bigger milestones. I can understand being afraid - my biggest fear is trying to get passed when I had my MMC at 10 weeks. Maybe your first 'milestone' could be to book your doctors appointment? :hugs:

That's a good way to deal with it I think.
Keep thinking about what I can do differently this time but to be honest I did
everything by the book last time so think I need to take some of my own advice and try and relax and go with it.

As you say first step is to get to the dr's.

Emma x

Me too darling - no drink, smoking, avoided the food types, rested...blah blah! All of them and no good - so all we can do is our very best, follow what we have done before and hope bubs does the rest. It's so easier said than done, but it's all you can do. Like I said before, if you ever want to chat PM me or message me here, and maybe we can get through it together!

Good luck making your appointment darling, keep us updated :hugs:

Congrats!!! I've had several losses myself and I can agree that Its a differneg excitement with our positive tests. Were scared and anxious and paranoid of everything! Been there, done that.. Just wanted to give you a big hug!! You can do it! ... I've only g0t 9 weeks to go... And I remmener being 7 weeks and seeing the heartbeat for the first time wondring "is everything ok!?"

I've only just seen your post and Congratulations hun!! :happydance:
I can totally empathise with your mixed feelings. I got pg 1st cycle after mc (so no af in between). My doc said to wait 2 cycles but I didn't want to waste any more time and it happened. Perhaps you will do what I did and ask for an early scan? The relief I felt when I saw our pip with a strong heartbeat was overwhelming. That happened a week ago today. You can't remove all the worry of course, but it certainly helped me. Best of luck huni and if it can happen to me (after 2 mc) it can happen for you :hugs:

Thanks so much for all the support girls, honestly - I don't know how I would be doing this right now without you all :hugs:

Drazic do you think its worth asking to make a section??
Cos its horrible going into first tri and talking about your worries cos you'v miscarried and spreading fear into the other girls xx

I don't know hun, it might be. The first tri section is pretty hard-work. Lots of upset, fear and sad news mixed with jokes and silly threads. I guess that sums up the time though. I don't think people mind if you are scared. I got so much love there when I lost Edan.

I really hope you are hun. Have you got tests lined up?

Nopee not yet. May go and buy one on monday while im off work. And if i've still got sore boobs then test xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->