Rainbow Makers - WTTAL, NTNPAL, TTCAL & PAL friends

Hannah, it goes back to the moment he was born! She's always been like it. And the problem was I was a single parent, training at uni to be a psychiatric nurse and needed them for childcare!

If I used to disagree with something she was doing she used to say 'if you don't like what I do then stop being a nurse'. Well obviously I couldn't do that!

Daniels dad wasn't very nice, he was the result of abusive relationship, his dad was determined to try and trap me (very determined). I did leave him when I was four months pregnant, I saw sense and realised I couldn't bring a baby into this sort of relationship. I made a promise to Daniel before he was bonr that he would never live in an abusive household! Well I think my little boys deserve the same promise, and I think just because the abuse (violence) comes from their brother doesn't mean they should put up with it, although most of my family disagree!

As for my mother, each time he did something wrong, she would throw back at me 'if you hadn't been so quick to open your legs we wouldn't be in this mess!'

Thanks everyone I've totally hijacked tonight! Sorry

SJ I'm sorry you sit their rocking and crying too!

No you have not and I am so glad you talked to us :hugs:

Hannah, it goes back to the moment he was born! She's always been like it. And the problem was I was a single parent, training at uni to be a psychiatric nurse and needed them for childcare!

If I used to disagree with something she was doing she used to say 'if you don't like what I do then stop being a nurse'. Well obviously I couldn't do that!

Daniels dad wasn't very nice, he was the result of abusive relationship, his dad was determined to try and trap me (very determined). I did leave him when I was four months pregnant, I saw sense and realised I couldn't bring a baby into this sort of relationship. I made a promise to Daniel before he was bonr that he would never live in an abusive household! Well I think my little boys deserve the same promise, and I think just because the abuse (violence) comes from their brother doesn't mean they should put up with it, although most of my family disagree!

As for my mother, each time he did something wrong, she would throw back at me 'if you hadn't been so quick to open your legs we wouldn't be in this mess!'

what meanies the lot of them... you Rob and your boys are better off without IMO :flower:

and no worries about hijacking... thats what this thread is for aint it :thumbup:

Thought seen as I'd hijacked all night you may as well read what happened with my mum when I had Archie, ignore the grammer etc, I wrote it when I was really upset, Rob told me to write it all down as a way of offloading.

Also remember this woman hasn't wanted me to have any children, supposedly I'm not maternal like her and also any children I had would mean Daniel got less attention!!!

Thursday 27th January 2011.

Phoned my mum as soon as I left midwife to say they couldn’t find a heartbeat or any placental sounds, I explained it wasn’t looking good, although the midwife did say as I have a uterus which lays backwards rather than forwards that might not be helping. She did say though that she didn’t want me to have any false hope. Things weren’t looking good. When I told my mum she said “Well I hope you won’t be stupid enough to put yourself through this again. She then started crying and said “I’m not crying for the baby I never wanted you to have it. I’m crying for you and what you keep putting yourself through”.

I phoned her again that night when the hospital confirmed that our baby had died. Again her first words were “I hope you’re not gonna put yourself through this again”. I asked her what she was doing the following day, she said “I’ve told you I’m going to Janet’s (my half sister, her step-daughter), why?” I explained that I wasn’t sure what I was going to do with the boys. She said “Well I can’t cancel, they’ll have bought food in for me coming”.

Friday 28th January, 2011

Mum phoned before she went. By this time I’d spoken to a friend who works on labour ward and she’d explained what would happen. I explained that I’d have to deliver the baby as it was now too big to have surgery. I explained that it would be about 5 inches long, she said “Well that’s not big”. Plus I got the usual you’re stupid if you do this again, and you’re too old. Not really appropriate when all I care about is my poor baby. I also told her that I could still feel him moving (I felt him moving right up to the day I had him, I was told this was normal as he was floating around in water) she never said anything, it was so painful, he was moving that usually means your baby is ok, but I knew mine wasn’t. The midwife even heard him moving on the Doppler on the Thursday when he’d already gone, she did warn me this could happen, I felt him at the same time as she heard him.

Sunday 30th January, 2011

My mum had phoned from my half sister at 1pm(ish), I don’t know how on earth she thought I’d be home as I’d told her I was going to have to be induced. When we did get home (about 7pm) I sent a text message to my step-sisters home phone saying we were at home.

Mum phones back. She wanted to know if the tablet on Friday had worked, I explained that it wasn’t meant to get me into labour but was meant to stop my body producing progesterone. I then go on to say what happened (relatively quick labour, troublesome and stuck placenta that meant I nearly ended up in theatre etc.) At some point during this I must have referred to Archie as ‘he’, she said “Oh it was another lad then”. I explained that it certainly looked that way but at 16/17 weeks nobody could tell for certain. I was then a bit upset and said “Oh mum, he’s beautiful” and she replied “Well you said it’d look like an alien”. What I’d actually said on the Friday when trying to get over to her how much this baby meant to us all was that George wanted us to take photos of the baby but I wasn’t sure as they can sometimes be a little alien looking at this stage (I think it was my way of protecting myself as I was scarred that I’d be frightened by how he looked). Whatever I’d said before surely when I say that my poor baby that I’ve just given birth to is beautiful you don’t say “you said it’d look like an alien”. He didn’t look like an alien he was truly beautiful, he had everything ears, nose, mouth, hands, fingers, toes even gorgeous knobbly knees. I did tell her this before I even said he was beautiful and before she said “You said it’d look like an alien”.

She then went on to ask if Rob’s parents had managed to get a flight back from Spain, I said no and she replied “Well there’s nothing they could have done”. I pointed out that they were trying to get back to look after the boys as there was no one to look after them. I said luckily Val and Walt (our neighbours) had stepped in. I explained that the hospital had said it could take up to two days for the induction to work and that Val had said not to worry they’d look after the boys as long as was needed. My mum said “That was kind of them”. By this point I was hurt and angry and replied “Yes it was, I’m going now bye”.

Tuesday 1st February, 2011

Terrible day, went shopping with Rob (which was nice) we were looking for a photo frame for Archie’s picture but couldn’t find one. My breasts were getting increasingly sore. When I got home I realised I was producing milk, it absolutely devastated me. I loved feeding my boys, and it’s the one thing that when we decided after George not to have anymore children I truly grieved for. I couldn’t believe I would never feed another child. So here I was crying my eyes out knowing that this milk should be for Archie, a baby I’d never be able to feed. I was also feeling hurt by my mums comments, my baby had died and my own mother couldn’t support me or even try to say the right thing.

Just stopped crying when the phone rings and its my mother. -:

Mum “Hiya, I’m home” in the most cheerful voice you’ve ever heard!

Me “Oh ok” Rob says I said it quietly, but not with any tone, just sounded sad.

Mum “What’s wrong with you?”

Me “Well you didn’t expect me to be cheerful did you?

Mum “Well if you’re going to be like that, I’m going” I can tell she’s going to put the phone down.

Me “I don’t believe you”

Mum (in quite an angry tone) “And I don’t believe you”

Me “Do you know that even after everything I’ve been through these past few days it you that’s hurt me the most”

Mum “I’m going, if you’re going to be like that don’t bother phoning me”

And then she slammed the phone down.

All of the comments she made from the Thursday to the Tuesday were said with attitude and without any compassion at all.

This is her grandson, she doesn’t even know his name is Archie. My beautiful son’s grandma can’t even acknowledge him, it hurts so much. Plus doesn’t everyone when they’re hurt and in pain want their mum. Thank God I have the most amazing, wonderful and loving husband, my lovely boys and my fantastic friends.

If you've managed to read this far

Ok I am seriously gonna have to go! I have an exam in 9 days which my be a deciding factor on whether I lose my job so I need to study...

Anyone know anything about pension funding option?

Will nip in for an hour or so later to read all the spam

love you all xxx

Your mum is a bitch pure and simple

Nah not 110 tonight, maybe tomorrow

aww Sass that is so sad :cry:

U know what she is so not worth it.

When Harri was born we txt close family and friends to anounce his birth (as you would with a live baby) as they knew what was happening. And I had a respnse from everyone but my mum... they are shit arnt they

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->