Rainbow Makers - WTTAL, NTNPAL, TTCAL & PAL friends

I think you're right Kayleigh, we all have to own our own actions!

We didn't particularly clash TBH. He was just uncontrollable. Our other house was open plan and when the boys were little when I was breast feeding them, he used to stand on the stairs shouting and spitting at me because I wouldn't and couldn't respond!

Anyway get on with it girl!

The thing is Tasha Rob's mum (like your mum) has suffered losses. She lost two babies, they both lived for a short time and were baptised, they were before Rob, you'd think they'd get it wouldn't you?

Do you need counselling because of the trauma your new parents have caused?

Gonna have to go to bed soon, Rob is resorting to films from 1931 on the TV!

2000 posts :wohoo:

Thanks girls for tonight, I feel so much better, it was all starting to prey on my mind! Sorry for hijacking!

And on that note I'm saying night night!

xxx

You would Sarah, but it was so different back then in that they were just told to get on with it and so the expect the same of us. Actually it isn't so different society still wants us just to get on with it, and quietly

Yes I do Sarah, gp's for me monday to explain my new step dad is obsessed with sex and its traumatising me lol.

Night hun x

I've just caught up on the past few hours of posts.

Sassy - Just wanted to say I'm so sorry for the angst that Daniels behaviour has caused you. I wont judge you at all (none of us will). I really do understand you not being able to have anything to do with him anymore. I understand that you can still love him, but hate his behaviour. He is an adult now and able to make his own decisions and deal with the consequences of those decisions.
I dont know how I would cope with the news that you are going to become a grandmother. I would be devastated if I were in your situation. A couple of months after I lost Kyle, my sister got pregnant. I cried and sobbed for hours and hours after I found out.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

I've not read much since my painkillers make me drowsy and i can hardly see the screen, not been around today because my ear is sooo bloody sore i can't concentrait but i'll catch up properly tomorrow (why do i get the feeling it will take a while lol)

Sass, i read a few of your posts, forgive me if its already been said 20 times but i think your a very brave lady. I can't imagine how awful it must be to have your younger boys so frightened of their big brother, such a heartbreaking situation as you obviously love all of your children, it can't be easy not to have your eldest around but i totally admire your strength in not allowing the younger ones to grow up like that.
I don't think anyone should be allowed to judge any situation they haven't been in, we can all sit here and say' i'd do this and that, not this and that' but how do we know what we'd do unless we were faced with it?
I think your brave and your doing the best you can, thats all anyone can do. Again forgive me if you've already heard it all, i admit i haven't read everything (it is 3am though lol)

I read a bit about mums, mines been great so i won't complain. We don't get along very well, never really have but she was a fantastic support to me when Evan was born, she spent the 7days by my side in the hospital, allowed me to scream and shout at her and backed off when i cried my heart out (i don't do hugs, i don't want to be looked after i want to be left alone). I couldn't have got through without her and shes been a brilliant support helping with abbie since, she can be kinda difficult. We still don't really get along and fight a lot but i know shes there for me if i need her.
I'm sorry that some mums are not like that x

I can't remember what else i've read, thats the million painkillers i've had lol will re-read and catch up tomorrow! x x

morning all, hope everone has had a nice sleep, and you a nice day Melly :)

So Ieuan is not home yet :shock: I recieved a txt off him about half an hour ago saying he is at Anthonys house (the groom to be) as his Brother has been a prick! long sotry, havent been to bed yet, will explain when he gets home

I knew it would all end in tears, it always does when those boys get together!! Oh well I am in for an interesting day with a 19month old who has hardly seen her daddy all week and a tired daddy!!!

Melly I am sorry your mum was like that :hugs:

Kelly I am glad your mum has been supportive. Also did they send your placenta off for testing?

Eeek Hannah, hope Ieuan has made it home

ok so still no sign of Ieuan... how do i play this one girls... one poxy text at 7.30 this morning and nothing since!!!

I have tried rining him twice and it is just ringing to answerphone :growlmad:

I know what has happened, he has falled asleep I expect!!! But it is still no excuse.

I think I am going to wait for the load of washing to finish, hang it out then take Els down to the river, as it is a nice day... he will then wonder where the hell we have gone, if he finally decides he is going to come home that it Haha

Sorry just realised I've made a mammoth post again, please don't feel you have to read, I think it just helps to offload it all, I think for all I thought I'd dealt with it all there's so much going on its all coming back! Sorry!

Thanks again everyone, its so nice to not be judged negatively!

Its certainly not a decision we made lightly. Daniel had be warned about his violent behaviour on more than one occassion. Finally it all came to a head one night when he came home drunk and started trying to fight with Rob in the front garden (I'm sure you've all gathered Rob isn't like that) Rob wouldn't fight back, ended up waking the boys up and half the neighbours (nice quiet neighbourhood on outskirts of Sheffield). The next day we warned him one more violent incident and he would have to move out. A week or two later he was meant to be staying at my mums, he never turned up and she was so worried. When he finally turned up I had a go at him for worrying my mother, this time he tried to hit Rob, when Rob wouldn't retaliate, he started throwing more punches at him shouting 'come on hit me, I want to get you sacked'. I tried to calm him down and he had me pinned up against the wall with his arm ready to punch me, I must admit I got angry and said 'go on then cos I'll be the last person you hit!' The boys witnessed this Harry was just sat in the conservatory crying! George who was just 5 was stomping round saying Daniels made Easter a bad easter!

He was due to go in the Navy a month later so we said he could stay till he went in the Navy but couldn't come back home to live (he had already been warned that we wouldn't put up with anymore violence)! Anyway the Navy only kept him for a few weeks. When the boys heard he was being sent back, George started wetting the bed and Harry wouldn't come out of his room. When I told my sister all this her words were 'what you moaning about he didn't hit you and the boys are just being manipulative as they don't want to share you with him anymore!' He went to live with my mum (he was 17) until we paid for him to go and volunteer in Poland, which was what he wanted to do, they only put up with him for a few weeks before they sent him back because they couldn't cope with him.

My mum now tells everyone and him, that he had to come out of the Navy because he had hayfever and that I made him go to Poland which is why it didn't work out!!! I think she's told Daniel this that much he actually believes it.

He came back from Poland just before Christmas, one of the teachers I used to work with (Harry's teacher) overheard a conversation I was having with Daniel on my mobile whilst I was at work, he was asking me to transfer some money to his account for the taxi back to the airport. Harry's teacher (and also good friend) said I hope you don't think I'm sticking my nose in, but you're not having Daniel back home are you? when I said no she said that she was glad as she saw the effect he had on Harry and how different he had been since he no longer lived with us. He appeared much happier and wasn't as quiet and reserved! Of course according to my family I'm making all this up!

We still carried on seeing him, paying for him etc until he threatened my mum with a knife and called me a f*****g slag (mentioned that in earlier posts). Even when he lived with my mum he would turn up on our doorstep drunk causing trouble. I must admit it was a relief when we moved here!

Kelly I'm so pleased your mum has been supportive, I think when you're in times of crisis and upset you really want your mum, its lovely you have yours :hugs:

Hannah, hope your husband appears soon, hopefully he'll not be too worse for wear and will be able to help you with Elsie.

Tasha, how are you this morning?

No sign of Kayleigh, Jo or SJ this morning?

AFM the alarm went off for us to get up and go to church, so I turned it off, not such a good Catholic girl this morning. We're going to go shopping for some new things for Archie's garden, I think Rob and myself will go and spend some time with him tomorrow, giving him a wash and sorting his new things out! Did you all see the pictures on FB of what the bunnies had done to his flowers lol!

Hope you all have a good day xxxxx

you offload all you like lovely, we are always here to listen :hugs:

It sounds like he is just craving attention, and your mum is maike the situation a whole lot worse making excuses for him all of the time. But she and him prop do belive that they are true!!

Lets hope having this baby finally makes him grow up and become resposible for hus actions xxx :hugs:

I think you're probably right he was craving attention, but it didn't matter what you did, he just carried on the same, I look back and think I don't think he really new what he wanted and what kind of attention.

I don't know if you read the part where he'd seen a psychologist? But basically I think he wanted my mum! She'd always flooded him with so much attention that who wouldn't want it. If, for example, when he was little and she was looking after him, she had friends visiting, she would stop a room full of adults talking so they could listen to Daniel, she always allowed him to interrupt, which I don't know about you I won't let my kids do!

Has you OH turned up yet? I hope he doesn't spoil you day xxx

Vent and offload all you need to Sassy!

Did/does Daniel have a drug problem. Do you think alcohol became a problem for him, or was that occasional drunkeness?

I don't know about the drugs Melly, as for the alcohol the problem he had with it was he couldn't handle it rather than drinking too frequently. Although I forgot to say even though on one of the stories I told he was drunk, he often wasn't, the one where he had me pinned up against the wall wasn't alcohol related.

He was hard work from being young, interestingly I have a friend who had very similar problems with her mother and daughter, and her daughter has caused lots of problems. Also her younger daughter who she didn't let her mother get over involved with is a lovely girl! Makes you think doesn't it?

The person I feel sorry for as well in all this is Rob, Daniel was 6 when we met, Rob has always tried his best and has constantly had it thrown in his face!

Thanks everyone for letting me offload!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->