September IUI's!

I am not sure what that means Amigone but I will be thinking about you your nemo

I am so sorry amigone. Will they do a repeat US in a couple days or weeks?

Amigone - Sorry for that news. I'm with the others, will they do a repeat scan? I've heard that the scans can be up to 10 days wrong on either end so maybe baby is just a bit small now and will catch up at another scan?

Mhankins - So sorry for your negative but glad you are ready to get going again. How many tries is this for you now? It took us 3 cycles before we got our BFP this time. Fingers crossed yours is coming soon!

AFM - My NT scan is on Thursday so we get to see little one again. I found the heartbeat on my Doppler last night (not that I'm doubting baby is there since I've been so sick)

ohhhhhh, Amigone. It absolutely breaks my heart to read that. What did the doctor say? Just try to breath and work through this day by day. I know it's so so hard to accept, but whatever is happening inside your body is out of your control. And maybe everything is going to be fine and you'll look back on this as that time Nemo gave you such a scare! But I absolutely hear and remember the things you're feeling. We're all here for you, hun. Feel free to post (or not post) whatever you need to. BIG :hugs: and I'll be thinking about you.

raelynn- This was just our first IUI..we were hopeful but we knew it would most likely take a few tries... Hoping it works within the next 2 since we have 2 vials left... Before we found out our situation I spent those 30 months hoping that month would be it..and making myself think that I was having symptoms or seeing signs.. Now knowing this time there was a real possibility I think it made it harder.. But we are ready to keep moving and try again until we get our little one :)... We would like to try in Dec but we have a trip to Florida to see family for Christmas and I don't know how that will pan out with my cycle but hopefully we can sneak it in before we leave! Being around family was a big help during this last TWW.

Raelynn - We do what we got to do for our healthy little ones. I am glad your baby was healthy,,, That's all we really want ..Right. I am terrified of needles but I will do it if it comes down to it. But I still pray and hope I am good for that test.

Amigone - OMG... I am so sorry to hear about this. I too almost had my appendix burst but my mom got me to the ER right on time I went in for emergency surgery. I pray and hope nothing is wrong with Nemo! FX and hugs!! :hugs: I feel bad for the lady in your due date group. I am sorry to hear about the size. I think as long as they are growing each time you have a scan you should be okay hun. They might have a spike in growth. My RE told me Baby B was bigger than Baby A and it was based on when they implanted. We also seen Baby B yolk before Baby A. Hang in there and don't stress yourself out. It easier said then done, believe me I know. Every time I have gone in my blood pressure has read high. I am such a worry wart the medical assistant told me.

Savasanna - Hang in there, I know the 2ww seems like forever. This is your month love!

Fossie - LOL! dont mean too but your grocery store story is too cute. My DH and I brought 2 onies before we even found out we were pregnant and clearly hoping for at least 1 baby and we would just give or donate 2nd outfit now we are praying for 1 each. lol.

Mhankins - Hang in there love before you know it you will be back in the mix. It is always very difficult to hear negative news. Lets stay hopeful and wishful that your next cycle is it. FX! Has your doctor offered a back to back IUI? Just a thought, since it helped us and my DH had 20 million after wash each time. I know they normally only do it when there is low sperm #s. Good Luck and FX!! :hugs:

AFM- We seen both sacs yolk and HBs. We did not get to hear the HB, but hoping next week we get to hear it. I did not ask about size so i am assuming they are growing fine. The RE has not said anything different. Baby A HB 107 and Baby B 110. I still hope and pray its a boy and girl. I know there are soooo many myths..

Ladies whats your thoughts on HB #s?

Want1too- My Dr said they don't see any better results with back to back IUI's... Since this was just our first I will see what the next one brings.. Then maybe mention it? I could see doing back to back because of timing.. hopefully our next IUI will be it!

Glad to hear things are looking good! So excited for you and hubby! I think it would be amazing to have twins.. nerve racking, scarey but very exciting!

Want1too- My Dr said they don't see any better results with back to back IUI's... Since this was just our first I will see what the next one brings.. Then maybe mention it? I could see doing back to back because of timing.. hopefully our next IUI will be it!

Glad to hear things are looking good! So excited for you and hubby! I think it would be amazing to have twins.. nerve racking, scarey but very exciting!

I will continue to keep you and hubby in my thoughts and prayers for your BFP next cycle. Maybe now your body got the message that your ready. It's going to happen for you. Keep positive thoughts. You have us here if you need to vent or talk. Thanks, excited but scared.

Sending you baby dust love!
:dust:

Mhankins - My doctor said the same about back to back IUIs - that the odds don't significantly change one way or the other. The one thing is that if you do back to backs, you have to use 2 vials instead of one on the same cycle. So if you're limited already, that is something to think about. We were down to our last vial if this didn't work and I was already panicking so I know how that can be.

Want1too - I know there are theories around heartbeats but I don't know if any are true. I think the heartbeat this time was high around like 140-150 or something (can't quite remember) but I don't remember what it was with my daughter to compare it to. I guess it could also depend if you have a baby that moves around a lot too. My daughter wouldn't move for my high risk scans so they always had to put me on the non-stress test monitor and she was always fine. Just didn't want to preform I guess :) I was also scared to death of needles but with doing IVF, then IUI, then insulin injections I just got used to it eventually. Still never fun though. I was a huge baby and would always use an ice pack to numb myself before sticking myself too even though the needles were tiny.

raelynn- Yeah using two vials is one reason I would rather hold off for a little with that..hoping with the 2 we have we get our baby.. We have 2 they are holding but there seems to be plenty of the donor to buy more... just don't want to unless it is to store for future sibling... but whatever it takes right? If we need to buy more we will.. FX this next one though! :)

Raelynn - How did your scan go today?

Mhankins - Totally makes sense regarding you using one vial vs. 2 vials. You will make the best decision for yourself and hubby. We are here to support you and the next cycle is YOURS ... own it and put it out there in the universe! Good Luck and FX!! :hugs:

Scan went great. Little bean was bouncing around all over the place. It was moving so much it took them forever to get the pictures they needed for the genetics testing but we got them finally and everything looks normal. I won't know full results until my next OB appointment since they have to wait for the blood test results back from the lab.

Scan went great. Little bean was bouncing around all over the place. It was moving so much it took them forever to get the pictures they needed for the genetics testing but we got them finally and everything looks normal. I won't know full results until my next OB appointment since they have to wait for the blood test results back from the lab.

Raelynn - That's great! Do you mind me asking what they do for genetics testing? Is it required or you did you have to ask for it?

It is not required but it is one of the normal genetic scans you can get. It is called the first trimester scan or the NT scan where they test for the likelihood of Downs Syndrome. They do a finger prick to get a blood sample and then measure the skin on the back of baby's neck in the ultrasound and something about the nasal bone too. I don't know the specifics of what they're looking for exactly just know that they measure and then tell you if it is normal or not. Then the blood test gives you the exact probability of the baby having Downs.

What a week. As someone who has dealt with infertility for the better part of a decade, the rollercoaster of infertility is NOTHING like the rollercoaster of pregnancy. I'm not sure I'm cut out for this. (That was not to be dismissive at all - I can see how it might come off that way, but wow, is this really really hard).

After the ultrasound on Tuesday, where the baby measured 5w0d at 7w2d (based on LMP), I had an awful radiologist come and talk to me who told me that there's a chance the baby just stopped growing, or that my dates are off. There was no heartbeat.

Weds I saw my GP. She said that the radiologist NEVER should have said that, and that I am to do betas every 2 days for 10 days.

Thursday 3pm I began to bleed. Not too heavily, but heavily enough that I freaked. I left work with the charge nurse's blessing, and got myself to the ER where they took me seriously. They drew blood, and the doctor said if I am to m/c there's nothing they can do. But he looked at my cervix and it is closed. He reassured me sometimes bleeding happens and the baby is okay. He referred me for ultrasound the next day. I was to have the ultrasound in the community and then return to the ER for interpretation.

So we went to a different clinic for ultrasound. The tech there was very nice, and she wouldn't tell us anything. My bleeding had slowed quite a bit, and for that I was grateful. The exam took about half the time my first one did, and then I waited in the room for results to be dictated, printed, and given to me to take to the hospital. The tech did have permission then to tell me that they found a heartbeat. I cried tears of joy, since I spent the several days prior preparing to grieve, but not giving up on my Nemo.

Going back to the ER, they reassessed me, and I waited about 90 minutes to see doctor. The results said that they see a single live gestation measuring 5w6d (only 3 days after Nemo's 5w0d measure), and a heartbeat of 116bpm. They also saw a small bleed, and recommended followup.

I have another ultrasound on Thursday. My bleeding is spotting, and it's not bright red anymore. My betas are going up. I'm not sure if they are doubling, but it went from 5137 to 6200ish in 24 hours. And I heard that they stop doubling after a certain point. At this point I'm done analyzing and leaving it to my doctor. So much stress.

I'm not allowed on baby forums or to Google stuff about bleeding because it sets me off. But I will check in on this thread because you ladies are amazing support, and have been here for me since before Nemo was even conceived.

Amigone- I had all kinds of emotions reading your post..from worried, sad to excited and happy. I can only imagine how you felt. I am so glad they found a heart beat and the bleeding is slowing down. When my sister was pregnant..right around where you are now.. she had a lot of bleeding and panicked and went to the emergency room. They basically told her the same thing.."there is a chance you will miss carry. There isn't anything we really can do if that is what is going to happen." They had no idea why my sister had bleeding and they ended up giving her that shot (sorry dont know what it is called) that is for when one parent has neg blood and the other has positive blood type. Any way she has a beautiful 1 year old. I hope it will be the same for you and nemo and there are no more scares and you get to enjoy being pregnant!

Just now, I fell on the ice. My stupid useless landlord was to clean out the gutters 2 years ago. I'm thankful I'm still early enough that the baby is behind my pelvic bone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->