September Sapphires

Good luck tomorrow sweety! Hope it goes well.

Baby is kicking me so badly tonight - it's making me jump!

Sweety- just wrote to you on other board. Congrats on your baby boy!!! I think that is wonderful you will have a boy and a girl.. like Mack! :) Amazing photos.

Mack- sorry you got bronchitis..ugh. Good you can work from home while ds is in daycare. You need lots and lots of rest this weekend. I think trying to nap every afternoon is great idea. I'm going to try also, as every single morning for the past 3 weeks I wake up at 4am as well and can never get back to sleep. Rest up and feel better soon. Has the heat been bad in Midwest?

Caz- sorry you guys were all sick too. Hope the tummy bug is long gone and so cool you have been feeling so many kicks. Me too the other night.. it was unreal!

Inviv- how are you doing? Hope all is very well.

Uni- so amazing your hubby found the furniture 50% off..that is huge savings. Must feel great to have nursery finished. Enjoy!
I totally understand why you like to count kicks so much.
The other night baby was moving around like crazy..like rolls and stuff. I couldn't believe it! Then yesterday I didnt feel movement from the morning until about 5pm, so I started to worry. Then in the evening felt movement again and was so relieved and now today he/she is v. active! So I guess like said here, it is their position sometimes? And I also read that some days babies are like us and just want lazy days and some days more active.
But yes, i do think that is a great sign you feel baby so often.

My next appt is next Wed. for gd test and a scan.
Excited for a beautiful weather weekend here- going strawberry picking and fresh ice cream! The nausea seems a bit better now, but yea I guess some of us just unlucky to have it return a bit, though dr. assures me our nausea will not be any where as bad as it was!

Thanks all. Scan went well and baby was measuring little bigger than normal but, doc said not to worry he is still in limits. He was measuring 1067gms at 25.5 weeks.

Uni, your lo surely knows how to scare momma out. But, glad she swung into action right away.

Hopie, glad to hear from you. Good luck for appointment. I have my screening next Monday. fx both our appointments go well. Howz is your mother now? And hopr your nausea doesn't get very bad as doc said.
About raising boy and girl. I am kinda not sure how I am going to handle a boy. It's kind of alien feeling for me. But, I am happy that dh gets to share father son bond along with father daughter bond.

Yeah, she sure is good at giving me a fright lol I think she's starting to settle into a new routine of being quite in the morning and by night time really active. If that's the case, then I think once I adjust in a few days it won't seem so scary every time.

I'm glad to hear your boy's measuring in the range of normal. Your big healthy boy <3 That's sweet of you to think about your DH ahead of yourself but I understand the mother/son bond is enjoyable too :flow:

Hopie your weekend sounds lovely! Mmmm strawberry picking lovely :)

Uni - baby sounds like they are getting into a little routine. LO is def more active in the evenings for me too - it's 10 pm nearly here now and when I'm actually sitting down and resting it moves loads.

Sweety glad the baby is measuring well. All fab news!

I've done loads of washing of baby clothes today and tomorrow will do some more on sorting some toys out and putting them into cupboards in the nursery. Just trying to get organised! My mind can never rest until jobs are done and I just look in the nursery and its full of dusty boxes from the loft, I hate it!

Oh is it? If that's the case then I hope you get used to her routine and have a relaxed time instead of scare. It's actually difficult not to get scared. I was worrying because, baby didn't move in evening today but, as soon as I went to bed. There he was kicking me like football. lol.

caz, it's wonderful you are already getting so much done. I am trying to find some gender neutral old clothes of dd so, I can use it. Still long way to go.

Passed my gd test. Woot! Hope everyone had a good fathers day.

Mack- that is wonderful news!! Hope you guys had a great Father's day.

Sweety- I was told baby measuring big as well, which surprised me as was not even showing a few weeks ago! So great baby is measuring great with you and I've had friends who said they have no idea what exactly they would do with boys..they were so set with having girls and all of those friends went on to have 2 or 3 boys and all say that being a mother to a son is absolutely amazing..they couldn't even imagine having daughters now!
My mom is doing quite better, thanks so much for asking. Able to stop the iv antibiotics after many months and we go to doctor today hoping infection is all gone and she was able to walk 2 miles, which is amazing!

I know what you mean about not feeling baby a couple hours and then lying down at night and baby starts kicking like a football!

I can't stop waking up at 4am. Almost 2 months now. Baby starts rolling around at that time and I guess I just can't sleep more than 6 hours in this pregnancy!

Caz- great you are sorting through clothes, etc. I haven't started a thing yet and think probably at 8th month it will hit me and I'll start buying, etc. I wish I knew people with old baby stuff!

Uni- yes, sounds like baby is settling into a new routine. :) hope the insulin is going well. So glad it is perfect weather in northeast so we can keep on walking outside!

Inviv- sure hope you are doing well and feeling good. You're in our thoughts.

30 weeks tomorrow. Yay! :)

Mack, yay for Passing GD test.

Hopie, thanks alot for reassurance. That ismuch needed arthe moment. I started shopping so, hopefully it will cheer me up.
I am so glad to know your mom is doing good. Now you can relax and enjoy&#12288;your pregnancy. Fx everything&#12288;stays this way.
Hope all the big baby thing is just a guess work and we end up having average babies. But, boy am I being kicked? it's not a word. I am literally manhandled from inside I should say. I am short so that doesn't help either I am sure baby is all squished in there. Yay for 30 weeks.

YAY mack :) I'm very glad to hear you passed!

I ended up going over to the hospital last night, after baby was too quiet for too long. She was active all day, but by evening she only kicked 5 times in two hours during a time when normally she's pretty active. So I drank a big glass of cold water and still nothing. So, I listened to see if I could hear her kicking with the doppler, and still nothing. By then I was getting really worried, it had been about four hours so I called the after hours number for my OB and they sent me over to the emergency room. On the way there, she started to kick but not very strongly at all. Not strong enough to really be reassuring at that point. Plus, I was really close to the hospital by then and really needed to pee :dohh: The hospital was the closest bathroom so I went on in. They said I'd made the right call and were glad to see me, even though it turned out after monitoring that she was perfectly fine. She'd just gotten herself into a weird position. Right before I was about to be discharged she switched positions and I could feel her kicking up a storm. Cheeky girl!

I have the feeling I'll be making a few more trips like that over the next couple months. It was worth it for the reassurance. I wish she'd turn all the way around though so her hands and face were by my placenta, instead of her little feet.

Oh no Uni. That must be really hard. But, so so glad everything is fine. I really pray you don't have to make so many trips and she is always kicking you. And I agree you did a good job going immediately to hospital.

Thank you sweety! Tonight she is being very agreeable and kicking nonstop. I like it a lot better this way!

Uni- so glad all is ok.. I just wrote you on other board. Glad they were wonderful at hospital too. Definitely just go whenever concerned. I remember that day I didn't feel anything for 6 hours until night. I guess it is the position they go into sometimes.

Caz- you are making me get motivated. I have done nothing for baby yet!

Sweety- thanks so much.. I pray both my parents stay well and can meet my baby and baby can grow to know them..that is my biggest wish. I never had grandparents and know I am older but hope baby can have grandparents for a while.
Yes, I remember one friend told her doctor -- 'a boy?? are you sure?? I have no idea what to do with a boy?!' Now she has 2 and said she couldn't imagine anything else. And so sweet you think of that with your hubby. I bet he is over the moon. I think having one of each is just wonderful...and they fight less!

Manhandled...lol. Baby sure is active. I read the movements we should feel a bit less as the weeks go on since there is less room in there for them? I was laughing on the train yesterday as baby was going crazy with movement...I am still getting used to this!

Mack- how is your FIL doing? Sounds like he is getting good care and I sure hope he is much better soon.

Scan tomorrow and the dreaded orange drink gd test... Wake me up when it's over?!

I read the movements we should feel a bit less as the weeks go on since there is less room in there for them?

I just wanted to clarify, no! You should never feel less movement. I heard this erroneous info last time, and it's part of the reason for my loss because I thought it was ok that there was decreased movement and didn't rush over to the ER, thinking things were fine since I could feel her just a little even though not as much as usual, thinking I'd just wait till morning to see how she was doing :cry: I've been sure to get real clarity on this now, and what I understand is that the movements might not feel as sharp (less manhandled, maybe?) but there should be just as many of them and they should still feel consistent. If it feels like a decrease in movement, go right away :hugs: Or, and this is one I'm still having trouble wrapping my head around, if it suddenly feels like a huge increase in movement, that can also be a warning sign.

Sorry if I'm coming off as extreme. I just don't know why some sources tell women there will be less movement. It's a very dangerous idea. Hopie, hopefully you will never even need to know this <3 but I wanted to make sure you had the truth just in case :hugs:

Speaking of movement, she sure was active last night, even waking me up several times! :thumbup: She's getting into this laying diagonally pattern, I wonder if she's getting ready to turn?

Hopie, you'll have to let us know what you think of the orange drink. I've heard the clear one is actually the worst flavor, so hopefully orange won't be so bad. FX you pass with flying colors!

Hi girls,

Uni I agree - I thought that they might have less room but they move as much as before. I really hope you don't have to rush to Er again but they said the same to me when I went with my son - if you're worried, Go! They prefer people to check in rather than wait and something happen. I worry if I feel less movement, I always do but thankfully it's been ok so far.

Hopie - hope the scan goes alright. I'm not that organised, just trying to get ahead!

Had a rubbish day today. My son - nearly five - was really grumpy and didn't want to eat his dinner, wouldn't do anything I asked him to. He can be so strongly motivated now it's tough. So he barely ate a thing :( We moved on and had a nice remainder of the evening but he really tests me. I think he was tired but sometimes he is so head strong and when I'm tired it's tougher x

Uni- wow- I had no idea. That is the problem with books/reading on-line.. I obviously didn't get the info right. Thank you for clarifying it for me. I can totally see how anyone would think a little less movement as you did was fine. And then too much movement is also a warning sign? I wish my doctor would explain that. The past 24 hours baby has been moving like crazy..i mean it is unreal. Good thing I have a scan today.
This is tricky. I guess I just pay good attention and keep the faith all will be okay. Thank you again for clarifying. I wish my doctor explained these things as well as you do!

Caz- thanks..can't wait til appt. is over. I hope ds acts a little better for you today!

Still feel sick so have no idea how am drinking that nasty drink at 2:00. I think I need back on the pizza/bread diet! All the fruit and protein I've tried to eat is not digesting.

Inviv- thinking of you and hope you and babies are well.

Thanks again, all!

Hopie, although I don't like how I came by the information, I am glad I can share it with you now <3 Ideally, kick counts lead to lots of feelings of reassurance, so please don't be too alarmed.

To be honest, I'm confused by the "too much movement" part of it too. I don't think you probably have anything to worry about with the movements you describe. Baby is supposed to be active pretty regularly and as they get bigger it's easier to feel every little wiggle. Again, it's all about what is normal for your baby. If your baby generally gives 10 kicks in five minutes that wouldn't be anything to be alarmed about. If baby suddenly started giving (arbitrary example) 50 kicks in five minutes, it would probably be good to go get checked out.

Reduced movements is one everyone is told to watch for, but it's still hard to get a good explanation of what that means. There's not much out there yet on increased movements, except on some of the full term loss support threads and one British kick count nonprofit organization I found. This website was very helpful in explaining it: https://www.kickscount.org.uk/mums/your-babys-movements/what-is-increased-fetal-movement/

As for me, I think baby has turned head down now because yesterday all the kicks were down below and now I'm feeling it all at the top. Or, she's got her hands above her head punching me lol

Uni this is so useful thank you. I especially like on the link where you can see kicks by what week you are.

Exciting that baby might have turned. Head down is good!!! I def feel kicks up in my chest and my midwife said that baby is head down. I also do feel little kicks further down but I guess that's wriggle their hands!!!!

Hopie - was your test today? How did it go?

My DS was in such a better mood today yay! We had a lovely afternoon after school - he ate well, read his book for homework and was a little star. I think he overslept yesterday, I had to wake him at 0730 am, so tonight he didn't fall asleep until 9. Expecting another tired day tomorrow!

X

Uni I'm so sorry but thanks for letting us know. I think with increased I think you just have to be in tune with your baby. AB seems to have 1 or 2 very active days where I'm like lordy girl, then she'll have a quiet day. I still feel the flutters but less manhandling. So glad I have the doppler for both times, but I'm getting used to it now. Today is the 3rd, quiet day, so I'll be checking in with the doppler later this eve. ;)

And yes, if any doubt any of us should call or go in. I called about a lot of things with Finn since I was so terrified I got pregnant with him so close to after my miscarriage. It seems practitioners are happy to give good news and would rather that than if we waited and it could have been different. I never once felt like a bother (well I thought I was) but they'd always reassure me and I felt totally better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->