September Sapphires

Sweety- I sure hope your screening appt. went very well. Hope to hear from you soon. I know--- I get soo nervous while there.

Mack- you have some talent!! Beautiful work! So none of it was fun? ha. but surely worth it!

Uni- I'm reading blueberries are super low on the sugar level, so I'm going to go blueberry picking in July too! You are such a wealth of information and on the other board too with the girls dx'd with gd now. Thank you so very much. I can't wait til my 3 hr test is over Thursday. I'm starting to eat low carb/sugar now and love the squash tip..I'm going to make that this week. I'm hoping my dehydration that week from feeling so sick led to higher glucose level but who the heck knows.
How was your wknd?

Hope everyone is feeling good. i have the worst insomnia..simply cant sleep more than 3 hours a night now. No pain or anything, just don't want to sleep!

Uni and Hopie, thanks alot. Everything went welland baby was measuring perfect. His organs and all other measurement seemed good. I was so relieved after 45 minutes into that screening room.

Got the Rhogam shot also, it was and is painful but, it's for my own good so have to deal with it.
Anyone rh -ve here?

Hopie, insomnia? oh gosh. It sucks. I do have days when I have it but, next day I sleep like hell. Hope it get's better with time. Oh, I have heard my sil complain about insomnia when she was carrying a boy. Just a co-incident may be. I know you are team yellow so, just saying.

Sweety I thought I posted a good luck last night, but I must have not got it. :haha: I'm glad the appt went well. I usually do fine in the days leading up to them, but when it gets close to the actual time I get super anxious. I'm an not RH-, so I'm sorry to hear about the shot. I really hate needles and I extra hate the shots that hurt more than some of the quick jabs. Hope its not sore today.

hopie-I'm really bad about insomnia as well, and I was with my first pregnancy. And then I want to go back to bed when it's time for me to go to work. So, does the 3 hour test work the same as the 1 hour? fasting, a drink then waiting? good luck. I almost barfed with this last one. I hate how you draw blood and then they try to rush you right in to your doc or scan appt. N.O. I'm trying to keep my gross clear liquid drink down how bout I have a snack and sit here a moment. Also, blueberries are YUMMY. I'm jealous you ladies have strawberry and blueberry picking. Pretty sure we don't have that in our area but I hope to hit up the farmers market near our house this weekend.

Uni-thanks for all the tips with the kicking, etc. I hope you are doing well and baby girl is behaving. ;) I feel like I feel less from Annabel on the days I'm busier, which has been a lot this last week. But I check her heartrate with the doppler every night so that keeps me from being too anxious. Plan on taking it easy until the weekend so I think I will notice the movements and track it more. I may have to look into the kick app to keep up.

Oh my with the hospital bags. I have not even started or thought about it omg. Since I finally have the bedrooms moved around and Finn settled I better get to it. I have a lot of baby clothes to wash and put away, which I should do so I know what else I need, and then need to get my bag packed. Kinda weird being scheduled for a c-section. I will be less worried about packing things to keep me going during labor and keeping me entertained since basically the baby will be there so soon after my arrival.

Take a pillow
take some huge cheap granny panties that you dont care about if they get ruined. even after a csection you still have post baby bleeding and need the pads, etc
Take big comfy maternity bras, yoga pants, etc
a special outfit/blanket/toy to come home with
and thats all i can think of lol besides normal stuff like clothes and toothbrush. Ugh how could I forget so many details from what my stay at the hospital was like when I had finn??

Ohh, I should probably get some gifts for Finn. I will be in the hosp for 3 days and he'll be at the grands so I want to have him open cute stuff while I'm away and maybe at the hospital visiting. Not big stuff, he gets excited about a new hot wheel and little things too.

Oh, and who has showers coming up? My sprinkle was yesterday and I got lots of tiny cute pink stuff. We kept it small but it was still sweet and adorable. I want to see some shower pics ladies! I love all the baby decor. :D

Mack, don't worry hun. It happens all the time. I am not bery bad with needlws but, this particular is very achy one. Got it on left hand so not using that hand alot.
You had your baby shower? post some pics if you don't mind. I Love to see them.
About hospital bag,even I am scheduled for section but, would be hospitalized for 10days. So, have to take lot morw entertainment things with me.

On happy note. My first lot of baby clothes arrived. I am so happy with purchase and excited too. Thought boys clothes would be not so fun but, they are.

Attachments

• DSC_3467.jpg
    DSC_3467.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 4
Sweety those are super cute clothes! I'm glad to hear your appointment went well, too.

Mack, I agree it's harder notice baby when we're busy. What I would recommend to get her to kick on a schedule convenient to you is drink some super cold water, maybe some slightly sweetened cold drink, and you should be able to wake baby up and get her kicking while you are able to pay attention. Generally, as long as I feel 3 kicks in the 15 min after drinking something cold, I pretty much relax again. An app really does help, especially when I'm busy. Sometimes I think she hasn't been that active and I look back at the logs and see that she kicked just as much as normal, I just wasn't really paying attention.

Hopie, I've also heard blueberries are good for blood sugar. It's amazing to me that such sweet fruits like that can be so good for sugar levels. I've also heard a little coffee every day helps prevent diabetes too. I don't know if that one works though or I wouldn't have had a problem to begin with :haha:

Thanks Uni. I am dreading the GTT now which is two wewks away. Hope I pass with flying colors.

Sweety- soo happy to hear!!! :)))) Wow- they keep new moms in the hospital a long time after birth there?

Mack- so great you had your sprinkle! Sorry you've dealt with the insomnia as well. It is so bad. 3 hours a night sleep.
Yea, I think I will throw up after this next drink as it is sweeter than the 1 hour test. They test fasting, and then again each hour for 3 hours. I am sure I will flunk at least 2 of the hours.
I meant to ask how your FIL is doing? I hope better. Sounds as if he has v. good care. That made the world of difference for my mom.

Found out my level was 177 for the 1 hour. Cut off is 140, so I'm not hopeful. My mom told me she had gd with me, and it is common and not to worry, and sometimes gd babies come early!

Uni- how are you? Yeah, weird some fruits are so low in sugar and some so high. I ate watermelon like crazy the week of the gd test and it is so high in sugar. I sure will miss it and ice cream this summer!
I read coffee helps too..and also cinnamon! I lost my taste for tea and coffee my 5th wk of pregnancy and they still havent returned.

Hope everyone is having a great day. and Inviv-- if you are out there..we're all thinking of you! x

Oh no Hopie, hope you don't have GD. When are you going for 3 hour test?
Yes, they keep for 10 days for section and 6 days for normal delivery. I am worried about my dd but, also looking forward to all the rest before the life becomes chaos after having two kids. I have heard they take very very good care here in Japan and don't let the mom worry too much about kid for the days in hospital.

Having rainy days here alot of them. Can't go out and dd is bored at home. Having difficult time choosing what to fo. Any ideas?

Hopie they are still ruling out things with my FIL, but his heart and lungs are good. It might be something auto immune, which is usually less serious but harder to figure out. He feels better on prednisone so I hope they leave him on it. When you're in your 70s you worry a little less about long term side effects. And I know nothing about blood sugar numbers or how they might fluctuate, but I hope cutting out watermelon and other stuff does the trick for you.

Sweety, wow 10 days. I was in for 5 days last time bc I did labor awhile before my C section, but I had him at 10 pm Friday and I went home Sunday. Long as you're up walking and have your movements you're good to go. I'm sure it will be hard to be away from DD that long. And cute boy clothes. Is that a bunny on the back of the jammies?

Hi inviv caz and uni! Hope everything is going well.

Arm, just tired and think I need to wear my belly belt a bit more. Some lower round ligament pain today. Follow up with my ob thurs. She did a two week appt since I was so sick and crummy last time.

Hopie, I think it's a good thing to cut out those sweets before your next test, but I just want to let you know that you'll be able to have them again afterwards no matter what. Nothing is off limits, it's more just about portion control. Challenging while pregnant but not impossible.

I've been really craving watermelon recently. I might have to get one of those very small personal watermelons and go to town on it. Another thing I love recently is I figured out my masticating juicer doubles as a sorbet maker. Frozen fruit I've made look like ice cream is my new favorite thing.

Mack, I just saw where you said you had your sprinkle :) how fun!

So far, third trimester for me has been ushered in with increased upper back pain (which in my hypochondria I almost convinced myself is related to gallbladder), charlie horses in my left calf every morning, and the desire to eat absolutely everything I see. But, other than that things are pretty much ok symptom-wise. I have another appointment on Friday. I think they're checking my iron levels and going to do a growth scan. I have a good feeling both will be ok. So I say now. I'm sure by Thursday I'll be freaking out lol

Oh Uni, I forgot to tell you after your suggestion I went right out and got a peach green tea lemonade over crushed ice from a local stand here before I ran some errands. OMG it was so good. No idea if it helped me count kicks since I was running errands buuuttt it totally hit the spot on a 93 degree humid hot day. :haha: And I hear ya on the appts. I'm not nervous until the 24 hour mark. I am a little nervous about tomorrow. My heart rate has still stayed in the low 100s. It will be 80 or so when I first wake up, so I think they'll refer me to a cardiologist. I do have a heart murmur, which I had in the last tri with Finn as well, and that's normal and can be causing the high HR. I don't feel any distress or extra fatigue, other than pregnancy, so hopefully I don't hear the dreaded bedrest words. I'm glad you've been feeling so good other than the backpain and cramps. Both dreadful. I've been having lower belly RLP, so I have my band on today. I was wearing it for support when I was being active, but I think I need it a little more often now.

Sweetie-here's the sprinkle party. I need to add photos of some of the cute girly gifts. As more people arrived I totally forgot to take pictures and have nothing of the games and gifts. Ooops.

https://www.facebook.com/learjess/media_set?set=a.10209899914519021.1073741846.1368587884&type=3

How are invivo and Caz?

Uni- you always have the best tips for us. Thank you! That makes me feel much better.
I bought an ice cream maker the other week. I was eating ice cream like crazy and tons of watermelon the week of the test and maybe that was another reason blood sugar was still high. I wish I could have lots of watermelon still since it hydrates but I read it is high in sugar. What do you think? Have you made a blueberry sorbet yet? I have to research low sugar fruits.
I'm sure all will be great at your next appt! Oh, I hear you on the nerves.

Mack- looks like it was a lovely sprinkle and I love the cake for baby! Your son is sooo adorable!

Insomnia is so bad..3 hrs. a night still. Don't know what I would do if I were still working. No pains yet, but sure I just jinxed myself. Working on 10 glasses of water a day so my fluid level goes up at appt next week. Really want to take a short babymoon next weekend after appt!
Good you have a healthy appetite, Uni. Mine is pretty much non-existent once again but I do make myself eat.

Hope everyone is well!

Hopie it is hard with insomnia. I took yesterday off work and slept til 1pm!! I think I may need to do that to catch up once a week.

And thank you, Finn was cracking me up at the party. I was afraid he was going to be mad when he asked what I was doing as I was hiding all his toys that morning. I told him I was getting ready to have a party and he started jumping up and down, yelling party. Then he was right in the middle of everyone the whole time hanging out and being social like he was part of all the convos. Cutest thing ever.

HOW do you have time and room for more kids. Ugh. He is so my baby, I can't imagine having another baby. I wonder how that will all work out sometimes.

Mack, You are so beautiful. And all the pics are amazing. I loved the cake too. Looks like it was fun party afterall. Thanks for sharing pics. I totally get the pain thing. it's very painful for me too. I tried to use belts but, my c-section scar gets irritated if I use belts.

Uni, hopie and mack, you all are making me hungry with all the food talks. I am controlling my weight and all this talk isn't helping. Lol.

How much everyone gained here so far? I gained alot at start but, I am able to manage it to below 65kg for 2months. My doc is very strict about weight and thanks to summer I Can't eat much and hence not much weight gain.

Uni, I am carving watermelon too. Looks like it's because of summer?

Hopie, wish I could be of help but, other than warm milk of glass and a nice book I don't have any idea How to cope with insomnia. Oh yes, and not using your gadgets mobile/tabs etc an hour before you sleep might help too.

Sweety I tend to get as big as a house and prego EVERYWHERE. I don't really watch my weight gain. I honestly don't eat that much more, maybe even less than I do normally because I get heartburn if I feel full. I think I've gained about 25-30lbs, but I had baby weight leftover from Finn so I started out ahead. :haha: I'm still active and walk a lot, so I pay more attn to that than actual weight. My OB has never said a word about weight gain, it was a lot more with Finn, maybe almost 60lbs, so I'm very glad. :D

Ohh, I see. I have gained 24lbs to be exact but, since my bmi was std doctor is kinda always pointing about weight. Wish I had doc like you.

Mack, peach green tea lemonade sounds delightful! Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. You look amazing! And Finn is sooooo cute. And that cake - fantastic!

Hopie, watermelon is not the enemy lol although if you were carb loading before your test, that will drive your numbers up. I haven't done a blueberry sorbet yet, but I have a lot of blueberries in the fridge I need to move to the freezer. I never did make it to the pick-your-own place. I might do it today if I manage to gather up my motivation.

Basically, on fruit, the more fiber a fruit has the less it will impact blood sugar. Berries are considered almost blood sugar neutral according to the info my doctor provided. So, watermelon doesn't have that much fiber in it compared to some fruits, but it still has a relatively small glycemic load by volume (maybe because it's mostly water? idk). This link explained it pretty good: https://www.sharecare.com/health/diabetes/watermelon-fruit-people-with-diabetes Except they make it sound like no one would ever eat a whole 5 cups of watermelon in one sitting. Whoever wrote this has clearly never been pregnant! lol

Sweety, sorry to hear we're causing temptation. But, I will try to only offer "healthy" food suggestions LOL :muaha: I was told to only gain ten lbs this pregnancy! I basically laughed in her face :haha: Well, I did so well with it by the end of second trimester they started reminding me I was supposed to gain some weight :dohh: I have started to go up finally, I think it's because it's too hot to go outside and do anything so I just sit around all day eating frozen fruit and thinking about carbs lol

I do think it was easier for me than it would be for most in the first and second trimester though because I already had all the baby weight from being so pregnant just the month before this pregnancy started, so my body didn't kick it into overdrive on additional weight gain until I got back to third trimester. But now, if I just gain 1 lb a week from here on out, I'm pretty much on track to meet the recommendation. No one is more surprised about that than me lol I did go up 1.5 lbs overnight the other day, so it still remains to be seen if I'll meet my goal or not :shrug:

I am totally getting a watermelon today! haha

That's good you are on track with the weight. I put on weight pretty easily, but I lose it fairly easy so I'm glad my ob doesn't stress me about it. I hope I don't gain much more though, it's deffo not great on my already sensitive back.

I take magnesium before bed and it really helps my leg cramps. Might be worth asking your doc about. And strawberries have a lot of potassium which also helps.

I am so jealous with you(good way). I did loose all the extra weight (had a mc in August) but, I gain pretty easily too. It took me almoat year and half togo back to 110lbs but,boy was I glad.

Do any of you ladies feel Hubgry But, don't feel like eating at all? I am now a days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->