September Sapphires

Appointment went well and GTT results will be given in two weeks.

On happy note c-section date is fixed. 10th September it is. Can't imagine baby will be here soon.

Uni, that's a one obedient lady you got there. I have to poke him in order for him to move lol. Baby has gone into breach position but, doesn't matter as c-section is already scheduled.

Glad the appt went well. That's a long time to wait on results! Fx you pass.

Sweety that must be nice to know the date! Everyone keeps asking me what day my induction will be and I wish I could tell them

Thanks mack, yeah it is. Basically, doc will discuss with us in my next visit. When is your appointment?

Uni, when do you get to decide the date? I asked my doc because, my parents are gonna come here to help me and we need to book tickets and all.

Sweety, I'm not sure I'll get to find out till it happens. After 35 weeks, they'll bring me in for monitoring every day, and if everything keeps looking good then sometime after 37 weeks, but OB wants to try to get me to 38 weeks if possible. So, ideally, sometime after sept 4th. But basically I've been told we'll just play it by ear.

Sweety how cool you have the date. 2 months today woohoo!

We see the consultant on 22nd but I'm hoping for a VBAC. I need to discuss the risks, pros/cons of VBAC as opposed to a repeat c section. I'm scared of both to be honest but want a natural birth if I can. As long as it's safe. Thanks fully my Hubbie says it's my choice and he will support whatever I decide.

Went to the horse racing yesterday as it was a family day so we took our son. It's his 5th birthday tomorrow woohoo!

Caz, happy birthday to your son!

I hope the consultant has positive things to say about the TOLAC. With all the monitoring they'll have, I'm sure they can keep it safe. FX you get the VBAC you want :hugs:

Caz, thanks. Yup the shit is getting real. lol.
Happy birthday to your lil one.And I hope you get to choose what is best for you.

Uni, that's really difficult isn't it. You are high risk? Did I miss something? I remember you got positive gtt results right?

Sweety, I'm really glad you asked, because I felt like I needed to talk about it this morning :hugs:

I am high risk due to age and GD. But, really, it's the previous unexplained loss I had last October at 35 weeks that has everyone including me very jumpy now. So, because I didn't make it to term last time they won't let me make it to term this time either, just as a precaution. It's week 36 that is going to be uber stressful for me. I know it's better to wait so she doesn't have to go into NICU but my track record is that I couldn't get past 35 +5 so.... Scary!

I actually went in last night again for reduced fetal movements, for my second time this pregnancy. I was getting some movements, but not as much as I was used to. Like, if normally she would move ten times in 20 to 30 minutes, she wasn't getting to ten in an hour. All day. I waited till her most active hour of the day, and she still wasn't that active. So in I went. As soon as they hooked her up to the HB monitor I could hear her moving even though I couldn't feel it, so that was very reassuring (I don't know why she wouldn't do that for the home doppler, but oh well). At the end, they were doing the scan, and I had a hunch, so I asked, "what way is she facing?" and the tech said "she's facing your spine." And just at that moment, she said, "Oh wait, she's rolling over - see her eye there?" And we watched her roll over. After that she got SOOOOOO active again in a way I could feel, everything right back to normal. Why couldn't she have done that while I was still at home? lol But really, obviously, I'm just glad she's ok.

But I know I'm extra jumpy, because of the loss. Especially because the way the loss happened was that when I went to bed, I could feel baby moving around a little, just not as much as I was used to. But because I could feel her I thought things were ok. When I woke up in the morning she was gone :cry: So now I always tell everyone, if things seem even a little off, it really is better to just go in.

Thank goodness this little one was ok last night. I don't mind if I have to go back ten more times, as long as it's good news every time. Although, I would kind of prefer she not scare me like that!

Ladies, I did a little online stalking of InVivo's profile, and she posted late in June on the third trimester board. She doesn't seem to be posting much lately, but as of her last update things sound good with her. I think (hope) Mack's theory is correct - she must be simply exhausted with those twins. I know I would be!

And, InVivo, if you're lurking, we love you!! :hugs: Hope all is well :flow:

Oh Uni. I am so sorry it happened with you last time. I don't know why, I remember reading you lost your dd at 18weeks. I was so wrong. And I would have been same if I was you. You did the right thing going in when feeling little off.
And I am glad she is doing ok but, really wish she doesn't scare you anymore.
Going through loss and pregnancy after that is scary, I know. I lost my baby at 6-weeks but, didn't find out till 7 weeks. I knew something was wrong because, my symptoms were gone from 100% to like 2%. And hence I decided to get checked.

Loss is something which we can't get over and it's perfectly alright to be jumpy. If someone say it is not, then they really don't know what life means.

Sorry, I went little emotional and wrote too much may be but, after my loss in August 2015 I don't think anyone is overdoing or jumpy.

Uni I didn't know your background. I'm so sorry. It's completely expected that you are jumpy this time. I'm glad you went in to get checked - they say you should do it whenever you're worried. Even if you haven't suffered a loss - reduced movement should be acted on. You're so strong sharing with us. Massive virtual hugs to you.

Sweety I agree you never get over a loss. I'm sorry too for your loss - it doesn't matter how early it is it's still horrid. And makes you so nervous for future pregnancies.

I lost two in the last 18 months, found out about both at the 13 week first scans and had no idea things were bad. This was our last go - I'd said to my husband k couldn't face another miscarriage and thankfully things so far are ok.

I really love our group here - it feels so supportive and kind. I really appreciate that.

Invivo - hope you're ok and resting up xx

Uni you go as often as you need. If being "too" nervous gets you in the office to get reassurance, it's just helping you be less stressed for the baby and better for you both. I'm sure everyone is very understanding and wants to help.

And yes, the losses are hard. I had an early loss, then a great pregnancy with Finn. I'm still terrified and can barely think about baby girl being here. I will just be glad once she is here and safe. I can't wait for all of us to be with our new little ones.

Roll on due dates! Feeling huge today - doesn't help that it was my son's 5th birthday yesterday and I literally ate for six people!!!

Hugs ladies x

Thank you all for the encouraging words. I didn't realize I'd been so closed lipped with details about my loss until I went back just now and looked at my first couple posts to this thread. But I guess as time goes on, it gets easier for me to talk about it. I don't know if it's just from pregnancy hormones, but I actually feel pretty optimistic. Or maybe it just helps that she's been kicking like a little acrobat all day <3

Obviously, I wish none of us had to experience PAL and could just have nothing but carefree pregnancies, but I couldn't ask for a more wonderful group of ladies to be part of :flow: I appreciate you all so much

On a lighter note - Caz, you can slide some of that leftover birthday cake this way ;)

Hugs to all.

Caz, some for me too. I am craving cake too but, just keeping my hands off because doctor has already warned me for sudden weight gain. Who cares! lol.

Ladies, have you bought swaddlers yet? I am thinking of buying summer brand. Any ideas are they good?
With dd we used cotton swaddle blankets and they were good but, swaddling was little time consuming. So, thinking I should buy ready ones.

Sweety, I loved the swaddlers! I had like 3 different brands and really they were all fine. Long as I was careful to stick the velcro back to itself before washing (mommy brain forgot sometimes) they all washed well and lasted long.

Having an exhausting and fun vacay in Dallas. My son is SOOOO happy here with his cousins and loves swimming. Mommy's heart is happy. I'll probably have to drug him and duct tape him to his carseat to get him in the car and head back home this weekend. :haha:

We are having Finn's bday party today with his cousins so I will be having cookie cake!! yayy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->