September Sapphires

Mack, thanks for suggestion. I will order from different brands then.
I am glad to hear finn is having agreat time with his cousins. My dd is same. She loves being around her cousins.And a cookie cake? ohh Please save some for me. When is his bday?

Finn was a chunk and an escape artist so the swaddle blankets were a huge help to me, I never got the hang of it. I know I had summer, halo and swaddle me and I don't remember which was which but they all worked.

Bday is actually next Tuesday. I'll have some cookie cake for everyone. :haha:

Seriously, are our babies here yet? It is tough to be PAL but I know how much we are going to appreciate them. I can't wait til we're all loving on our new little squishes. I'm glad to have the date scheduled but it's switched me to countdown mode and I swear it's going by slower now! :D

Uni- thanks for the update on what you found out about Inviv. That is so great to hear.
I am glad you went to get baby checked with your worry. You experienced an unimaginable loss and when I get scared, I think of all your strength and bravery and it gets me through. So you just keep going to the doctor whenever you feel you need to. You are amazing. That is great they will monitor you every day after 35 weeks. I am so glad the meds are going great for you too.
Did you get that coconut pop yet?!

Mack- so great you all are having an awesome time in Dallas. Enjoy and stay cool! And I know what you mean-- just can't wait til we all have our babies here with us.

Caz- ate for 6 people..lol. Good, you deserve it! Happy 5th birthday to your son. They say it goes fast..the years. But these weeks feel in slow motion for me.

Sweety- this is pathetic of me. I am not even sure what swaddlers really are. I have to look it! I am starting to look for a baby carrier as I plan to wear that a lot. :) I heard the Ergo is best.

Trip was okay..not great. OH was getting to me. I posted about it on the other board, so won't go into it. Someone mentioned he has a lot of anxiety now about the third tri and I know once you have losses, it causes even more anxiety. He gets mad at me for things and then apologizes and says it is b/c he is worried. So I am trying to see it from his point of view, but it's hard. I got v. sick first night of trip with heartburn and awful vomiting. Now everything I eat he seems to monitor, on if it will cause heartburn, he tells me I am walking too much. Treating me like a freaking china doll who will break! lol I know he means well but I am also glad to be home from trip and going alone to city tonight for a yoga class and to escape to the apartment alone by myself. It sounds terrible, but I just want to be alone. Maybe third tri hormones but gosh, alone time while pg feels soo nice sometimes!!

My dd did the same mack. She is use to escape and free her hands from swaddles. By the time she was 2 months she was uncomfortable in swaddles and I have to stop. That's why I am gonna try ready ones.

Hopie, I wrote to you on other board too. Yoga class seems Nice to chill out all the raging hormones. I am sure it's just hormone rush.

Afm, my section hurts. It seems someone is poking from inside with needles and itchy too. Got cream from my doc but, doesn't seems to help.

Ah Hopie so sorry your holiday wasn't brilliant. Glad you've got some time alone now!

Sweety - so sorry your section hurts. It's been a fear of mine that my scar will start to hurt soon too. What did the dr say? Just stretching of the skin do you think?

We swaddled with cellular blankets. It was a faff but we just thought we would do the same..... I've heard that there are some fab swaddle blankets though.

All well here. Worked really long hours today so am on the sofa now! I've got a yucky rash on my bump which is really annoying. I will call the midwife tomorrow to see what she says but maybe it's normal and just bad luck.

Sweety- thanks! I'm trying to focus no on all the good that my OH is. It helps. :)

Mack- enjoy the rest of your Texas vacation! Hope it's not too hot. 95 here today and don't want to leave a/c.

Caz- sure hope the rash is much better soon.

Uni- how are you? I thought of you in Vermont- when I finally found the Badger sunscreen brand you recommended. All the stores have it up there. I love it!

Soo tired. Only 3 hours sleep. Not sure if I updated on my 32 wk appt -- baby is head down position, so that is good. A little smaller than thought - 3.5 pounds but dr. not concerned, said 39th percentile is fine. Fluid level went up tiny bit...on low end of normal but dr. said all looks fine! :)

Hope everyone is feeling good today and looking forward to the weekend!

Caz, dr said as long as it is not hurting from inside I should be fine. It's stretching which is giving problem plus the summer heat is making itchy I guess. Fx that you don't have to go through it. It's not bad but, not pretty when it starts itching in public places.
Also, hopefully you got answers for your rash? Did midwife suggest anything?

Hopie, That's lot of good news. Touchwood. I am sorry you are having sleep problems. Last pregnancy, i read alot and it made me snooze quickly if you are into reading.
Sorry, I forgot to answer few of your questions before, Swaddles are basically used for keeping baby warm and comfy because, after birth it's difficult for babies to maintain their body temperature. Plus they feel safe just like in our womb in swaddles. My dd used to startle alot when newly born and swaddle helped alot to make her feel comfy and safe.
About baby carriers, I have ergo and one more which it don't remember name. Ergo was good, just have to use the new born addon they have. I have to buy it.

Ladies, I am having lots of pain but, not like bh or contractions. It feels like my tummy is very very sore and baby seems to be in diagonal position which is giving me jard time to move. Also, the movements are very very strong. My whole body is moving as he is moving inside. Should I be worried? I am trying to make him change his position and seeif I get some relief but, shall I go in ER or wait few hours to see if changing position helps?

I've missed you all the past few days. I haven't been doing anything exciting, just stressing. I had a new work from home contract start, after a bit of a break it was hard to get back into the routine of a schedule. I get distracted so easily it's hard to be task oriented.

Mack I'm glad you and Finn enjoyed your getaway :) Happy Birthday to him!

Hopie, sorry to hear you're dealing with that. I can see where he's coming from, but I also empathize with how really irritating that must be! I'm glad you found that badger sunscreen :) isn't it wonderful? I never did get any coconut popsicles. I'm going to look for them again today, or I might just try to make my own.

Caz, sorry to hear about your rash. How yucky! Do you think it might be heat rash? Anyway, I hope it clears up soon and don't bother you for too long.

I'm excited for those velcro swaddle blankets. At our birthing class, they let us practice swaddling, and I couldn't even get a doll swaddled correctly :haha: so I know I'll never manage with an actual squirmy baby.

Here's what a space cadet I am lately - I started this post last night and came back this morning to realize I'd never actually clicked to post it :dohh:

Sweety - just seen your post. Are you ok?if you're in pain i would go to the ER (or A and E as we call it in the UK!). I had awful discomfort on Friday night - baby was moving to the point of huge discomfort, not quite painful but nearly.
But if you're worried and in pain then def go. Maybe baby is moving? x

Sweety I hope you put a call in and are feeling better. Let us know!

Thanks all for concern. I am alright now. I called doc and they said if pains continue for hour or two then I should go. But, luckily this guy decided to change his position angive me a huge relief. I didn't have to go and I am thankful for it. It was probably because, baby was diagonal and not having enough space to move.

Glad you're ok Sweety. That's a relief. What monkeys they are!

Exhausting day yesterday - had my five year olds party at home. 18 kids plus parents and family over so it was tiring. But he loved it so that's the main thing. Last week at work before the summer off with my little boy, yay!!!!

Wow, that's quiet a party. You surely must be exhausted. Good luck for last week at work.

Thanks! We are having a heat wave here in the UK (hot for us!) and my feet and fingers are so swollen :( it's horrible. Need to try and get my rings off as my hands are so yucky now and I don't want them getting properly stuck.

Sooooo tired now!

You should. I haven't weared the ring in ages. Body is swollen like hell too.

Sweety- so glad to hear all is fine and the pain went away. Sounds like baby just had to get himself into a comfie position he likes. I had to laugh when you said your husband treats you like a baby and you hate it. I guess I've resigned myself to the fact I will be treated like a baby until the real baby is here and I am making myself like it in a strange sort of way!

Caz- that sure sounds exhausting but nice job -- wonderful memory for your son and so cool you soon get the rest of the summer off from work to enjoy just with him! Hope the heat wave eases there. We are getting another one this wknd..and I have to go to a wedding, that better not be outdoors!

Mack- how are you doing? So glad you all had a wonderful vacation.

Uni- work sure sounds busy for you. Busy is good. I miss working in a way as it would keep my mind busy during this time, but then again I don't sleep much at night so not sure how I would have stuck to my old 12 hour days and survived.
Made me laugh about not swaddling the doll-- I can't do it either for the life of me.
Yea- try to make the coconut pops yourself, less sugar and would be healthier than store bought. I have to make some sort of pops as I am so nauseous again it is hard to drink water. Maybe I'll try lemon sorbet.

Looking at strollers and car seats is mind boggling!! I guess most of all we need to get the car seat v. soon. And I heard Moby baby carrier is best when they are newborns? I really wish I knew someone with baby stuff as I am not big on shopping!

Hope everyone is feeling good today. :)

Hopie, Lol enjoy this phase. Nobody will pamper you when pregnant.
Sorry, no idea about brand you are talking about. But, hopefully someone will shed some light.

Afm, having a day when I really want this baby to come out (not early but just wanted to be done with pregnancy). Probably just hormones But, wish this time goes By fast.
Appointment, is on Saturday and hopefully all good news there.

Sweety I can't wait for baby to come out either! Same as you - safely of course so not too early but I feel mentally ready now.

My ankles are so swollen it's horrible. I hate it. I called the midwife and she said to wait until I see her for a blood pressure check on Monday. Also work is a bit of a nightmare as I'm meant to finish yesterday but I've got to do a few days more. I'm just so tired and puffy and want to rest!!!! Sorry for the whinge x

I so hear you both!! 33 weeks now and sick again, though nothing like the hypermesis. I simply can't wait for baby to arrive.

Sorry about the swelling. Definitely good to get blood pressure checked. I know heat makes it worse but we have to report swelling to doctors in case of pre-e.
I'm sure I'll get it this weekend in this 100 degree heat wave we're getting. Of course I have to go to a wedding in it, and we better be inside!

I hope work ends for you very soon, Caz and hope you can rest all weekend.

Sweety- best of luck at your appt. Saturday. My scan is on Monday. I better get my fluids up a bit with this heat so my levels are okay but it is hard when sick. Uni- hope you get to rest well this weekend after such a busy work week.

Stay cool everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->