September Sapphires

Caz, sorry about swelling. Nothing on swelling front here so far touchwood. And sorry work got extended too. I remember being impatient for ml when I was working whike pregnant.

Hopie, keep hydrated as much as you can. I know bathroom runs are exhausting but important too. Attending wedding in summer? wow, it's hard to keep on makeup is my first worry and ofcourse the unbearable hear is terrifying. Fx wedding is indoors and you get to enjoy.

Uni and mack, are you ladies alright?

Hi ladies! Doing well just busy and tired after vacay! :) Glad everyone is doing good.

Hi Mack!

Thanks Sweety. Just frustrating as it was all lined up and planned and now it's fallen through. So I'm still working when is exhausted, swollen and tired and my son is now off school so it's another pressure I don't need :(

Hi ladies :wave: my mom was in town for a visit, and because of her I fell super behind on work so still trying to catch that all up. But otherwise everything is good here. Even though I wasn't able to get on, I've been thinking about you all a lot, and am glad to read everyone is doing ok :hugs:

Mack and Uni, we missed you. Glad to hear from you and also glad to hear you both are doing well. Mack, take your time it's ok to be resting when tired. Uni, I hope you had a gala time with your Mom. I am calling my parents to help me after delivery and can't wait to meet them soon.

Caz, I really hope works is over for you soon. It sucks to be stuck in work when you only want is to rest.

Afm, I passed the GTT but, haemoglobin and other stuff in blood is quite low so they put me on medicine. I actually predicted it because, I have been having weakness and problem to breathe along with stars in my eyes.
Baby was right on spot and already 2 kg. My weight is main so, doc was happy. Fx it stays that way.

Sweety, glad to hear you don't have GD but sorry to hear about the other results. I'm glad at least now you have an explanation for how you were feeling and that it's treatable :hugs:

Glad to see the great updates!

Caz-- how is the swelling now?

Sweety- sorry about the iron but rest assured the pills will get your levels up and eating iron right food. Not sure if they sell the supplement Floradix there, but that is great to improve levels.

Mack- glad you are back and hope you get some good rest in this week now. When is your cardio. appt?

So Inviv wrote on the September board and she and the babies are great! :)

Uni- hope you had a wonderful time with your mom.

I've had some past 24 hours. Had a surprise baby shower thrown for me on Sunday! It was amazing. I never thought I'd have a shower. On cloud nine and then yesterday's bio-physical profile did not go well and doctor was concerned, so sent me right to hospital for non-stress test. (I wrote more about the concern on the September board). Baby's heart looked great on test and had to go back today for new ultrasound. Everything was found to be perfectly fine today!! They saw the breathing practice and also the tech yesterday was wrong about the slow growth. Today measured 4 pounds 11 ounces and dr. is no longer concerned.

SO relieved and happy. Lesson learned (the idiots at office never told me this and if they did, the scare could have been prevented!). Always eat before an ultrasound. And hour before and then 20-30 mins before..it gets baby to move. I did not eat yesterday since I was sick and baby was asleep. Today I had ice cream right before and baby was moving like crazy. They saw everything needed in the first 2 minutes!

Rather frustrating with doctor's offices sometimes, isn't it?
But so relieved and happy now and happy everyone is doing great-- looking forward to more updates. :)) Take good care in this heat -- dr. told me rest a lot, always with feet up!

Hopie I'm so glad you got a surprise shower :) And especially glad that the scan turned out to be alright. Sorry to hear they gave you a scare.

I can honestly hardly believe how hot it is. I just want it to rain so this heatwave will break.

Thank you Ladies. I am feeling much better and think I have started nesting already.

Hopie, how nice to have a surprise baby shower. And I am happy you enjoyed it. I am sorry you have to go through panic stage for baby's heartbeat But, in the end results were good that is more than anything you can wish for. Sometimes these people are little careless and don't put much efforts to check what they are saying. And I will definitely keep that in mind ti eat before going for scan. Anyways, so happy everything turned out good.

Afm, i am very very uncomfortable from two days. Baby seems to come and go in odd position and seems like he is sitting on my pelvis all the time. I had to do some excersize to get him move.Sometime I feel they might be contractions? But, have no idea how do they feel like?

Sweety, to me, BH contractions feel like part of my stomach gets suddenly really hard. If you can feel baby at the pelvis a lot, might have turned head down :) Where are you getting kicks, high or low?

I'm starting to get nervous ladies, as 35 weeks approaches. I might need some hand holding coming up soon. I'm increasingly concerned about things I know I shouldn't let bother me, like how she dropped to 39th percentile for size. I'm worried it means her lungs won't be ready by the time they want to do the induction :'( I know I shouldn't fret over it, but I feel really triggered about it today, after my OB confirmed the drop in size is something we will have to keep an eye on. But mostly it's just my own unreasonable fears spinning out of control because I can't help but worry as the time of my previous loss approaches. Eek

At least she's being nice and active, wiggling around so much today. Feeling her really calms me down.

And on another positive note, it finally rained here YAY so it wasn't nearly so hot today.

He is headdown Uni. I feel kicks higher-up. But, this thing going on is little confusing. Oh well they say I will just know it when it's time.

Uni, I totally understand what you must be going through. But, don't let fears overtake you. Keeping positive attitude will help you alot. It's easier said than done but, keep faith. I am glad they are checking you frequently and hope by the time induction approaches she would be stronger.
Hugs to you.

Uni hang in there, and we are here for all the hand holding you need. I went from 49% to like 80% in a few weeks, so I'm worried about that. I know I passed the GD test, but I also have high fluid so it really makes ya wonder. I'm glad that she is being active and they are keeping a close eye on you. They are doing the same for me. Just remind yourself it's to catch things *before* you have any *possible* issues that will probably never happen anyway, not because there *are* issues. Reminding myself to think that helps me out.

Glad you got some rain. And sweetie I have been so uncomfortable as well. I think I've been having some BH but also don't know what they feel like. lol. And swelling now that the heat has kicked in. This week was nice but last week was heat wave. It really wipes me out.

Hopie how fun you had your shower. How are you feeling as you get closer?

AFM, tired and big. The baby is big and I'm carrying high fluid. Not super high but enough that I'm getting scans weekly now. I am large and uncomfortable. Going to try to get ABs clothes organized this weekend. I really have a lot left to put away in her room!

Oh, had an echo this week. My follow up isn't til Aug-18 and they said they'd call if there was anything they were concerned about before then. No call, so no news is good news I'm assuming.

Stay cool and rest and have a great Friday everyone!

Oh mack, that must be really uncomfortable. And I am moaning for few pains. Does extra fluid equals early birth? sorry I don't have any idea.
BH I can definitely differentiate but, this feels like something is trying to come out of cervix. Scary huh. But, I am sure it's just baby's head hitting hard on cervix.
We are having episodes of heatwave and rain mixed so weather is kinda ok. But, still absolutely impossible to go out for something with dd.
Hope everyone have nice weekend.

Mack and Sweety :hugs: thank you

I'm feeling better today. Still nervous but in a manageable way. I have an OB appointment and a NST on Tuesday so I'm just trying to remind myself it isn't that far away and I'll have a better understanding of what my OB thinks about things.

One funny thing is that one of the ultrasound techs looks just like Daenerys Targaryen. It's like having the mother of dragons doing my scan :haha:

Haha Uni! That is funny. So glad you feel better today. So normal to be nervous and I can't imagine how difficult it is. But trust they are doing everything each week to monitor baby and all will be fine. I am praying for you and really believe all will go perfectly smoothly. Just talk to whoever you can or come on here when you feel nervous. The non-stress tests will also help comfort you, I think. I actually was very relaxed in the hospital during mine..the nurses were so nice and it is great leaving there with good news on the baby's heart. :) Just take things day by day, hour by hour when you need to and trust all will be fine.

Mack- yes, no news is definitely good news! Sorry about the swelling and being uncomfortable. My fluid is a bit low still. I know my dr. said both high fluid and low fluid needs to be watched carefully. Hence, the weekly scans for us both.
Thanks- the surprise shower was amazing!! I am feeling comfortable so far, with 6 weeks left. Belly a bit bigger finally. Just sick of feeling sick, though no way near as bad as before!

Oh Uni- and others-- on growth. I was told baby went from 39th to 19th percentile. This ended up being totally wrong. Weight was 4 lb 11 oz, not 4lb 1 oz as other tech said. My dr. said we have to take these measurement readings with a grain of salt as they can be off by a big amount. I'm sure your baby girl is growing just fine, so try not to worry.

Sweety- thank you! So relieved and now just want to feel happy and relaxed again and enjoy the memories of my shower. :)
Good exercise got baby to move. Hopefully you can continue to do that and he will switch positions, making you more comfortable. I have no idea what BH's feel like either. Have no idea either why I haven't had any pain yet. Well, now I just jinxed myself!

Caz- hope you're feeling good? Enjoy your weekend ladies!

Sweety, I don't know if this will help you, but I just remembered the other night I couldn't sleep because baby was pressing on me oddly. So, on a hunch I got up and did the yoga pose cat/cow and she totally shifted about. Might be something to look into. If nothing else, at least it is a very nice pregnancy safe stretch.

Hopie I remember you saying that before, about the measurements possibly being wrong. I'll have to try to keep that in mind. I've added it to the list of things to ask my OB about. Thank you :hugs:

Uni - we are all here to hold your hand (albeit virtually!). I completely understand that you're nervous Hun - but hang on in there, and we are always here to listen xxxx

Sweety - I hope you're managing to get out with DD. Our babba is head down now - right position so all good!

Hopie - sorry you're on weekly tests. I hope they are ok for you.

Mack - sorry you're feeling big. I can't imagine getting bigger but I know with five weeks to go - so another 5lbs on I'd expect!!!!

We are on the home straight though ladies!!!

AFM - Ajay is on holiday from school now so we have had our first week together. It's been lovely - park trips, lots of Lego building, quality time together which is lovely. I'm getting breathless a lot more than I was and still sore on my hips. But generally I'm doing alright I think! Really ready though for baby now though. Obviously once he/she is ready but I am ready!

Can't remember if I posted after we saw the consultant. I've decided to try for a VBAC and give it a go rather than a planned section. I'm nervous abut the pain though!

Uni, thanks I will definitely look for Cat/cow pose. I am feeling better though. But, when baby moves in odd position I am uncomfortable.

Caz, glad you decided on Vbac. I wish I could do it but, glad that I don't have to go through labor pain.
Wishing you all the best. Spending quality time with toddler is main thing on my last too.

Caz, I'm glad for you that the consultant thought the VBAC was a possibility. Don't be afraid of the pain - it's bad but it's bearable. You got this!

In my previous labor, I found that counter pressure on the hips was really helpful, as was a heating pad. Between those two it made all the difference.

Sweety, I'm glad I made that suggestion to you about the cat/cow pose because I'm super uncomfortable tonight and totally forgot about how helpful it could be till I read your post lol Next time you're uncomfortable, I hope it helps you too

Sorry to have been MIA, everybody. It was a combination of being really tired (insomnia is back) and being too much in my own head.

Docs have diagnosed that I have a hole in my heart -- never discovered before, but explains some health issues I've had on and off for a decade. It can't be investigated properly until the babies are born, but it is concerning.

I had the dreaded GD diagnosis. I'm still diet controlled, but I can't eat any bread/rice or much fruit because they make my bloods spike (watermelon, I found out the hard way, is completely out!). I'm living on salad/eggs/soup and I'm starving all the time. I'm feeling plenty of movement with Baby A, but Baby B has an anterior placenta and scares the life out of me pretty much every day.

Baby A is dropping centiles, from 61st to 44th, and Baby B is rising, up to over 95th. They both now have polyhydramnios, which is another worry. I can't wait to have both of them safely out of there and here in my arms where I can keep a better eye on things.

Sorry for coming on just to whine! I can see the finish line in sight for all of us, and I'm shuttling between feeling very excited and terrified that something might go wrong.

Uni, hang in there! We'll get through this part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->