September Sapphires

Oh girls I'm mega hormonal tonight too. Had a little cry with my Hubbie (me not him!). Petrified of the labour, scared whether baby will be ok, worried about how I will cope with baby when it arrives, will our five year old be jealous/upset etc etc. All irrational probably but just feel it's so close now I'm scared.

Early night for me now and I'm sure tomorrow will be a new and better day x

Aww Caz all those things make sense to worry about, but all of them will probably work out ok :hugs: I hope you feel better in the morning. It can all get very overwhelming sometimes but you are very strong :flow:

I can do it. I don't have much time either and not very organized but can manage in night i guess.

Those who are interested please pm me. My fb id is "Nita Donde Nandrajog". I have Saving the earth profile pic.

Caz, so Sorry you are going through bad day. But, everything will be ok hun.

That's a really cute profile pic you have sweety!

Thanks for setting this up for us :)

Sweety I've messaged you too.

Feeling a bit better today. Husband is at home before going back to work tomorrow :( after his week off. So going to try and rest this morning before we have a party with family friends tomorrow in London x

Uni, thanks. My belly is not visible in that pic and hence gathered the strength to put it up. We haven't announced anything on fb yet. Near and dear ones knows.

Caz, Added you already dear. Hope You get your full rest and have a good party.

yeah, we haven't announced on fb either. It felt too uncomfortable. Thanks for making it a secret group <3

Caz, I'm glad you're feeling a little better :hugs:

Hi ladies. I'm a bit bummed after my appt Fri so haven't typed a whole lot. Noticed when I was getting ready for my doc appt that my belly looked huge and some stretch marks had shown up all over it. 3 and 2 weeks back, my fluid was 21 and 22, which over 20 is high, then last week it had gone down to 18 so I was so happy. Friday it was 28!!! Doc told me to cut back on sweets and carbs even though I passed the GD test, which I don't eat much of anyway due to heartburn so I'll see if I can do a bit better. They are making me do a sugar test again Wednesday, and I'm just huge and miserable. I have the scan and all that again Weds so hopefully I'm not higher again. I was going to try to work from home all the way up to 9/2 but have been sleeping so poorly due to belly size, pain, and the bathroom breaks that I'm a complete mess. I'm going to ask that my last day be next week. Maybe Friday. Totally bummed about that as we're supposed to only get 12 weeks, so that means I have to go back to work 10 weeks after baby. I'm going to try really hard to get 14-15 weeks approved.

Sorry for the pity party. The discomfort and lack of sleep and disappoint/fear about my high fluid is getting to me. Also, they said there was slight inflammation in baby's kidneys, just a tiny bit, but they aren't concerned because they've never seen that in past scans and sometimes it looks like that if its just before she has to wee. Hoping that's all it was, and going to be really anxious for my appt in a few days.

Awww Mack :hugs: I'm sorry to hear you've been having to deal with all that. I was wondering what you were up to as we hadn't heard from you lately but I was hoping everything was ok. I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling down and worried. I'm glad you checked in so we can offer moral support :flower:

Being on carb restrictions sucks! I hate when they act like we must pig out all the time and give advice to avoid sweets when we're already avoiding them. So unhelpful! Also, how awful that they're making you drink the awful glucose drink again. yuck! It seems like if they're worried about high carb they shouldn't make you drink a lot of carbs? Can they just check fasting and A1c? Or, maybe a couple after meal numbers?

Hopefully work will be cool and let you take the two extra weeks. I'll keep fx for you!

Also, I bet the thing with her kidneys really was just that she was about to pee. But still, how stressful! When do they get you back again for another look?

Sweety I sent you a message.

Thank you Uni. You're always so sweet and understanding. And yes it is annoying when they ask about food. My answer to what I'm eating is not much. I eat too little I have heartburn and I eat too much I feel sick. I'm mostly having snacks and with a toddler in the house I try not to have too much processed or junk food around anyway so I couldn't binge out on sugar if I wanted to. Oh well. I think I'll cut back on fruit and add protein. I'm sure I am way too low on protein anyway. Eggs and meat just haven't been that appealing.

I think if I take off work and get sleep it will do wonders for my mood. I wake up at 4am and can't get back to sleep, so I'll log on a bit to work on stuff that came in overnight, then I'll get my son ready and it takes everything I have to stay awake and work again around 9am. And I have to be online and avail from then until a bit after lunch since I work tickets for customers. That's when most of my work volume comes in, so I'm trying to keep up when I've had 3-4 hours sleep. I can't anymore, and I'm afraid I'll make mistakes and make something worse. :haha: I think I can taper off and call it quits by Friday, then next week I don't have to stay awake and can nap in the mornings after they leave. I'm going to dream about this all week!!

Scan again is Wednesday. I hope fluid doesn't go up again. 28 isn't terrible, just worried if it goes up that fast again I'll have her early.

Nothing is easy when you haven't gotten enough sleep. I am glad to hear you'll be able to take off from work soon. Catching up on your rest is sure to make a huge difference both emotionally and physically.

Obviously we want that baby to stay put till 37 weeks if possible but you're so close now, I'm sure no matter what everything will be ok :hugs:

Sweety, I was just thinking - Invivo is probably so busy at the moment, do you think you should message her directly about our group so that she'll see it when she finally has the chance to log back on again? I know if it were me, I wouldn't be keeping up with the threads, but she'd for sure see a private message eventually.

I would message her myself but I feel weird giving out your info in a private message :blush: But, I'm pretty sure we haven't seen her since we had the idea?

Hi ladies,

Mack - your tiredness must be tough. I was up from 330-5 today and I feel tired today :( our bodies are preparing us for newborns!!!!

I woke at 330 ish and am sure I had a few contractions - started timing them as I thought this was it but by 430 they stopped and that was it! With my son it started and then he was born (well 36 hours later) so it was strange. What a monkey this baby is already!

Uni, I will definitely pm her. Even for me It's difficult to keep up with threads. Thanks for suggestion.

I'm only in 1 thread and it's difficult. :haha:

thank you for adding me sweety.

When do you ladies have your next appts? Mine is Weds and my only goal in life is to have my hosp bag and baby's clean clothes put away before then. Not that I think anything will happen other than monitoring me, but I need to get on the ball!

My next appointment is on Saturday mack. But, since we have holidays here we might go early instead if hospital is open.
Mack no problem. It's good to have everyone there.

And yeah, you reminded me of packing my hospital bag too. Gotta get it sorted out soon.

My next apt is Monday with the midwife. Pretty standard stuff, blood pressure, heartbeat etc. I don't see the consultant until 40+4 (something like 9th September) for a sweep so until then it's just me and seeing through midwife fortnightly!

Glad everyone is doing well.

Mack- the appts. can be a real pain in the a---. Sorry to be negative but a lot of times they cause concern/worry over nothing really. At same time it is good we have them often to pick up on any problems. It sounds like baby's kidneys are fine, I think and I hope your fluid isn't too high on Wed. If it is, they are on top of it and maybe baby will just be born a couple weeks early. I read fluid can fluctuate a heck of a lot and yea, a pain they were mentioning eating the carbs/sweets. I hear you on not being able to eat all that much. I have a good feeling for your next appt. As for the sleep, I am right with you. Can't sleep more than 2 hours at a time and up at 4am every morning for so long now. Hope you get that time off from work v. soon and you can rest more. Lack of sleep is terrible when you have to function at work too! Glad you came on here to discuss.. It is so hard getting certain information at an appt. and then having to wait until the next one for more answers.

Caz- any more contractions?

Uni- you gave all of us such a helpful lesson on movement on the other board. THANK YOU!
I totally hear you on why your dh is like that. It is understandable but know it must be hard.
Mine was in denial about the baby for many months because of the losses. Neither one of us really let ourselves believe this was really going to happen. It's a self-protective mechanism. Just think of the relief and pure bliss you guys will share together once baby is here.

Thanks for setting up fb group. Sweety- I will get on there soon and get myself in. Will be great to all stay in touch, get back into shape together, etc. :) I'm not on fb often..hope I can figure it out!

My scan is tomorrow and dreadful strep test. Baby has been moving around like crazy. My fluid better not have gone any lower or else it will be bad. Drinking more water with all this heat, which makes me feel sicker but have to do it. Baby's size worries me a bit and sure hope has not dropped from 19th percentile.
Fingers crossed. Hoping and praying happy updates for us all this week~

Thank you Hopie. I think I have said the same to you at times. My belly feels huge and hurts today, so not thinking it's gone down yet. It causes so much ligament pain from my belly button to the top of my pelvic bone which the stretches don't really help. Some my OB told me not to try, and also to keep my knees together as I change sides in bed or get in and out of bed. Umm I need to throw a leg over to get turned lol. I guess I will need to take a crow bar and stepladder to bed since I can barely tiptoe into it. (short girl probs)

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Sorry it still makes you sick but glad you are getting more fluid in. I am hoping with my next scan I get the normal girl that has done 90% of my scans. She did all my fluid measurements except the 28/highest. Hoping that one lady was just off, although I know from how I am feeling it's high. 18 to 28 in one week just seems extreme.

Also, who's carolyn in the group? I don't have the faculties to figure this out. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->