"Single Digit Ladies" (or negative digit ladies...) Part 2!

It was mainly to check amniotic fluid levels. I have had loads of scans this time around. (12, 14, 20, 32, 36, 38 & 39 and one next week!) She definitely has her daddys fat nose haha!

Think im losing little bits of my plug... just wiped and somthing flew off the toilet paper and landed on the floor!! (Sorry, way tmi!!)

AK, do you have any more sweeps to come?

Oooh that's a good sign!

Yeah I've got one booked for Monday.. hoping that'll be a bit more successful or at least that I'll have progressed a little bit. I've decided to just not get my hopes up too much this time though. Figure if I resign myself to induction (which is a week on Sat) I won't be disappointed!

Ahh, so sweet MrsMurphy2Be! That is an awesome picture for so late on!

Just finished getting everything ready for my induction tomorrow, fingers crossed the hospital have a bed for me, I don't think I can wait even 1 more day at home. I never thought I would actually go a whole 12 days overdue!

Another checking in for the 14th october! DS will be my second (my DD is 2). No twinges so far and all in all I'm feeling good, although tired (not as tired as in a week or two though!). My labour last time had no warning about it and was very short, so i'm not reading too much into having no signs, although DD was 8 days late and I feel like I'm heading that way. Planned bome birth for me this time hopefully :) best wishes to all you ladies!

Lemonade, how exciting!! Look forward to an update :D Both my girls were 12 days over, but well worth the wait. I hipe things go nice and smoothly for you :flower:

AK, I was never able to get a sweep either with both my girls and it is so frustrating! How can people get them at like 37 weeks yet when you are overdue you still cant!? Lol. Hopefully you go on your own before Monday! I habe sort of resigned myself to the fact I wont be able to get one on wednesday because I can't see her engaging, like ever!

Suprrfrizbee, good luck with the HB! I had considered one, but decided id like a nights peace (if you can call it that!) In the hospital. At least you give us all hope that things can happen from what seems like nothing!

Does baby have to be engaged to do a membrane sweep? I had spontaneous labor at 38 weeks with my son, so I never got this far. I was kinda hoping the dr might suggest a sweep at my appt tomorrow, but I don't think she's engaged yet.

I habe sort of resigned myself to the fact I wont be able to get one on wednesday because I can't see her engaging, like ever!

Well that's why I was so surprised she couldn't do it, 'cause baby's been engaged for ages! Don't understand how she can be pretty much fully engaged (she didn't give me an exact figure, just said "really far down" and 2 weeks before she was 3/5) and I can be getting so much pressure down there and yet my cervix is too high for a sweep!

Does baby have to be engaged to do a membrane sweep? I had spontaneous labor at 38 weeks with my son, so I never got this far. I was kinda hoping the dr might suggest a sweep at my appt tomorrow, but I don't think she's engaged yet.

Im pretty sure they need to be engaged but I dont think they have to be fully engaged. It maybe depends on where you are but with my dd1, she wasnt engaged at all so mw didnt even attempt. Dd2 was 1/5 engaged and the mw had a go but coucouldnt do it lol.

Im pretty sure they need to be engaged but I dont think they have to be fully engaged. It maybe depends on where you are but with my dd1, she wasnt engaged at all so mw didnt even attempt. Dd2 was 1/5 engaged and the mw had a go but coucouldnt do it lol.

At my appt last week I was dilated 1-2 and 50 percent effaced but she said baby was still high. I do feel like she has gotten lower, but not sure how much.

Its impossible to tell really! I can still feel my little lady right under my ribs half of the time yet i get random periods where it feels like she is very low, but they never last very long! Hopefully your LO is low enough for them to give you a good (successful!) Sweep :)

What a gorgeous scan picture!

I've had 4 ultrasounds now, and none have come out all that great!

Good luck to the people getting induced!

I'm actually feeling better and better... What a bummer lol. I'll probably go over due...

With my first I gave birth a day early... But that was from having two sweeps.

My second was an induction a day early.. So no idea how it would have gone naturally.

Which also scares me, because my most natural labor took 22 hours of extremely intense, painful contractions.... I don't think I could go that long this time. Last time I had 3 best friends and my mom there for support. This time I will be going Solo. :/

Its impossible to tell really! I can still feel my little lady right under my ribs half of the time yet i get random periods where it feels like she is very low, but they never last very long! Hopefully your LO is low enough for them to give you a good (successful!) Sweep :)

I feel like my bump is hanging down near my knees most of the time!!

Anyone else getting mild period type cramping? Nothing too serious and not the type that comes and goes... It's just a constant period type cramp...?

I have had period type cramping for the last couple of weeks AK... Not sure what it is but I am still here! 😉lots of back pain and weird tightenings last night and this morning. Tightenings that kind of take my breath away but don't hurt, kind of weird. Going to take the dogs and son for a walk and see if I can get things moving.

Yeah I've been getting them more or less constantly for a few weeks now! And back ache.. and the irregular tightenings. Gets my hopes up every time! :dohh:

I'm getting the same period type feelings for the last week or so. I'm hoping that things are getting ready. Back/hip pains also. Nothing that HURTS, just irritating. I feel like he's way down low. Waiting for a sign... any day now.

I'm pretty sure the period pains are something to do with the cervix effacing/dilating. I think I read it somewhere....or maybe just wishful thinking! Either way it's just your body gearing up for the big day, that's how my midwife worded it :thumbup:

So I'm freaking out a little...had ultrasound and nst today after my Dr's appt. Still barely dilated to 2, she looks good and is moving alot even tho she is completely out of room. In all the measurements she's measuring more than 40 weeks, her abdomen was off the charts. Estimated weight at this point is 9lbs 9oz! I keep telling myself this is usually off, but it's freaking me out nonetheless. My son was 7lb 13oz when he was born at 38 weeks. I'm scheduled to be induced Sunday night...praying she's not that big!

Try not to worry! Easier said than done. :/

But I'm guessing your LO will make an appearance before your induction if she really is that big. People push out 9 lb babies often. You can do it!!

And ultrasounds tend to estimate bigger than baby really is. It's been the case Everytime for me.

Just an update:
I passed on the sweep because my fiancé got a lot of time off for my induction. He will be there for my hospital stay now! I was afraid of being without him there, but now I don't have to worry about being all alone :) I am at a 3 now and very thinned out(about 80%), so my OB is very optimistic about the induction being a success. Hoping to avoid a C-section! I think I can do it, I am not very scared of labor, so I hope that my positivity helps me on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->