Soy Isoflavones! Natures Clomid!

Hey Ladies! I wanted to jump in and join the Soy train. I've worked very hard to control my cycles and shorten them holistically. This cycle, I drank Red Clover infusions on days 5-9 (Red Clover is a natural estrogen, like Soy) and I ovulated about a week earlier. I'm loving it! I bought a container of Soy Isoflavones from our Holistic Pharmacy out here, because the Red Clover always seems to be sold out and I'm tired of having to order. So next cycle (unless this one results in a BFP) will be my first Soy Iso cycle! =) We've been TTC for 4 years now... it'd be nice if this was what I needed!

I'm keen to try to but when I checked with my FS he said it's meant for menopausal women and he's never heard that it can be used to aid ovulation?!?!?! Any thoughts?

Hey Ladies! I wanted to jump in and join the Soy train. I've worked very hard to control my cycles and shorten them holistically. This cycle, I drank Red Clover infusions on days 5-9 (Red Clover is a natural estrogen, like Soy) and I ovulated about a week earlier. I'm loving it! I bought a container of Soy Isoflavones from our Holistic Pharmacy out here, because the Red Clover always seems to be sold out and I'm tired of having to order. So next cycle (unless this one results in a BFP) will be my first Soy Iso cycle! =) We've been TTC for 4 years now... it'd be nice if this was what I needed!

Welcome aboard :hugs: hope soy works for you...better still that you don't need it :winkwink:

I'm keen to try to but when I checked with my FS he said it's meant for menopausal women and he's never heard that it can be used to aid ovulation?!?!?! Any thoughts?

Hi, personally I wouldn't mention it to a FS because anything they don't prescribe they won't agree with. Yes it is meant for menopausal women and it helps them through it by giving their body the extra hormones it doesn't have anymore that encourage ovulation, therefore if you ARE ovulating it gives you stronger follicles and better eggs ie boosts what you already have.
With anything like this if you are unsure or have regular cycles etc etc I wouldn't take it. Many women take it as a last resort because like me are 40+ and need all the help they can get or have been TTC for a long time and are willing to give something else a go. Also it is a natural remedy which is why you can buy it over the counter unlike for example clomid :winkwink:

Well last dose of soy tonight! I'm getting some ovary twinges so I have a feeling I will ov a bit earlier this month which would be cool.
I am also having lots of dizzy spells but I'm not sure if soy is causing them or B-vits 100. If I was in the TWW I would be getting v. excited but as I am definately not pregnant they are a bit of nuisance. xxx

Hi, personally I wouldn't mention it to a FS because anything they don't prescribe they won't agree with. Yes it is meant for menopausal women and it helps them through it by giving their body the extra hormones it doesn't have anymore that encourage ovulation, therefore if you ARE ovulating it gives you stronger follicles and better eggs ie boosts what you already have.
With anything like this if you are unsure or have regular cycles etc etc I wouldn't take it. Many women take it as a last resort because like me are 40+ and need all the help they can get or have been TTC for a long time and are willing to give something else a go. Also it is a natural remedy which is why you can buy it over the counter unlike for example clomid :winkwink:

I've tried for > 2 years and am going to be 34 this year. Have highly irregular cycles and don't ovulate every month. I've had 3 failed cycles of clomid and decided to take a rest. Am also undergoing acupuncture treatment. Also just started growth hormones injections - https://www.babyandbump.com/problem...-human-growth-hormones-saizen-injections.html

Sounds like I'm trying everything yeah? Hope I won't be overdoing it. I'm really hoping the growth hormones and acupuncture will work. Else I think next time I'll try the soy...

Hey ladies! Been awhile since i posted been havng issues with my computer. I am typing this from my ipod touch heh... Anyway. Soy sure did something interesting for me. Shortened my cycle to 22 days, had cramping the whole time and had a five day period of clear discharge with itty bitty brown stringy bits in it. Gah my body does something different every month. Before starting ttc i had perfect 26 or 28 day ycles with 5 or 6 days og normal af flOw. This shit is so obnoxious!(pardon my french.) First gyno exam since we started ttc will be a week from today. Nervous to hear what he says when i tell him we're starting our 12th cycle....

Deker- that is SO frustrating WTH I hope that your doc really takes the time to listen to you and find the perfect path forward for you--- HUGS I was annovulatory and got pg with IVF so I know how frustrating it is when your body doesn't do what it's supposed to and Im STILL dealing with it. ARGH hang in there and keep us posted.

Happy Shopper- yeah for ovary twinges hope you gear up to O soon

Glowstar- how are you doing durring your 2ww. How are your temps? hopefuly high high high!

Me- got a big of ewcm. not much and not that stretchy but looks like it's moving in that directions so we'll see what tomorrow brings. Im thinking about doing an opk today just to make sure I don't miss an early surge but I don't think i'll get my + for a few days.....

Well ive not had much ewcm this cycle watery but nothing much on the stretchy side :shrug: used Preseed once so hope that helped. Think i ov'ed today cos my opk this evening was quite faint... fx i'll be 1dpo tomorrow but wont know for 3 days when FF puts crosshairs in x

Well ive not had much ewcm this cycle watery but nothing much on the stretchy side :shrug: used Preseed once so hope that helped. Think i ov'ed today cos my opk this evening was quite faint... fx i'll be 1dpo tomorrow but wont know for 3 days when FF puts crosshairs in x

I didn't really have any either :shrug: maybe we are old and shrivelled and so is our EWCM :rofl:

Erica...test,test,test!!! if you have IC's one a day isn't going to harm...don't miss that surge and egg :hugs:

Deker...sorry you having such problems.....hopefully doc's will sort you out :winkwink:

I think AF might show in a few days....just got 'that AF feeling', it's a bit like 'that Friday feeling' but much crapper :haha: I am not testing anymore it's too disappointing and ultimately what will be will be....right :coffee:
At least if I make it a few more days I'll know I have a decent LP...which is kind of a disguised bonus in a weird roundabout way :wacko:

At this rate my LP going to be 16 days again like last month :dohh: Glowstar last time i was on soy i had loads of ewcm plus spotting, but different this time :wacko:

Oh well like you what will be will be :hugs: hang in there tho symptoms of af coming mimic bfps :winkwink::dust::dust::dust:

At this rate my LP going to be 16 days again like last month :dohh: Glowstar last time i was on soy i had loads of ewcm plus spotting, but different this time :wacko:

Oh well like you what will be will be :hugs: hang in there tho symptoms of af coming mimic bfps :winkwink::dust::dust::dust:

Scoff ye not Poppy....people would stab you in the back for a 16 day LP :haha:

Thanks for the babydust :kiss:

Oh no i just want my 28 day cycle back n ov on cd14/15 i cant be doing with this 26 day thing n ovulating this early its stressful im not use to it :haha:

Has anyone else with more regular cycles considered taking soy for fewer days? Do you all find that it is all or nothing? Like I said, I did only 2 days and then realized I shouldn't mess with my decent cycle--and, it worked (could be or could not be related).

Maybe for those ladies with more regular cycles the shortened dose would be better? Just a thought!!

By the way, I did read through this WHOLE thing last month-now THAT took a lot of time!

Has anyone else with more regular cycles considered taking soy for fewer days? Do you all find that it is all or nothing? Like I said, I did only 2 days and then realized I shouldn't mess with my decent cycle--and, it worked (could be or could not be related).

Maybe for those ladies with more regular cycles the shortened dose would be better? Just a thought!!

By the way, I did read through this WHOLE thing last month-now THAT took a lot of time!

I might try that next time....hey whatever works right :winkwink:

Well my temps have gone sky high this morning :shrug: woke up with a stuffy nose though...only one nostril...weird, so not sure if I am coming down with something :wacko: couldn't come at a worse time to give you false hope with the temps...12dpo...although TCOYF has me as 11dpo. Got pretty bad AF type backache today so will prob be the witch knocking at my door.

Glowstar - your temps look great this morning. FX the witch turns around and goes back to where she came.
Bassdesire - you may be right about the dosage. I have a regular cycle but a short LP (or used to be before I used soy) and spotting at around 6DPO. Last month my ovulation was 7 days late and this month its looks like I may ovulate a lot earlier than my normal cycle. I would love a happy medium and ovulate on day 14 on a 28 day cycle. If I don't get a BFP this cycle, I think I'll try your suggestion. BTW Well done on reading the whole thread; that's determination. I got to 180 before skipping to the end.
I had a lovely dream I was pregnant last night, probably due to watching 'one born every minute'. Hope its a premonition xxx

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing :winkwink:

Well i must be in the two week wait by now but already getting cramps!! :shrug:

I have just started temping and not too sure at all. Early in the month, it was 36.26 most days then it went up to 36.88 one day (assume ov) then back down to 36.56 and now back up to 36.76 :wacko:. I really don't have a clue what all this means but I'm sure oh home too late to catch the egg :dohh:

Well at least it will give me a basis to work from next cycle!

Poppy, looks like you managed good timing with oh and ov :happydance:

Glow, have you tested recently, must be getting close to that time x

Can you not put a ticker in your signature sweetie then we'll able to look at your chart and help you xx

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing :winkwink:

Well i must be in the two week wait by now but already getting cramps!! :shrug:

I have just started temping and not too sure at all. Early in the month, it was 36.26 most days then it went up to 36.88 one day (assume ov) then back down to 36.56 and now back up to 36.76 :wacko:. I really don't have a clue what all this means but I'm sure oh home too late to catch the egg :dohh:

Well at least it will give me a basis to work from next cycle!

Poppy, looks like you managed good timing with oh and ov :happydance:

Glow, have you tested recently, must be getting close to that time x

Was gonna say same as Poppy. Have you signed up for FF? then we can see your chart. FF usually tells you when you've ov'd but not until after the event but does give you an indication of how many DPO's you are.

Haven't tested today, tempted to POAS when I get home though :blush: kind of getting AF cramps now too....so who knows :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->