Sperm Meets Egg Plan Chart/Stats *New 2011*

hey glowstar and sheryl b and everyone else just thought i let you know i got my hands on my oh credit card (with his permission of course) and got some internet cheapies got 30 ovulation strips and a bbt thermometer for 18euro including postage and i got 15 10mIu pregnancy tests for 6euro and conceive plus for 16euro so im delighted as i was gonna spend 60euro on 14 ovulation clearblue digi's so i am gonna start cd8 and do 2 ovulation tests a day!are the ic tests good?? the pregnancy tests and the ov tests?? and are they reliable?? i am curious of why they are so cheap!

It's because they cost less to make I think. I have only used IC OPKs because they are riduculously expensive to use for more than 1 month. Even at that they are expensive. Maybe you could use OPKs for 2 months to pinpoint your O date and then you won't need them anymore. I know that some people O on different days depending on whether the eggie comes from the left or right.

ICs are a little harder to interpret but the cost-benefit of spending less is better than the little bit of learning you do of interpreting them. IC PGS are more sensitive than most $$ PG tests.

hey glowstar and sheryl b and everyone else just thought i let you know i got my hands on my oh credit card (with his permission of course) and got some internet cheapies got 30 ovulation strips and a bbt thermometer for 18euro including postage and i got 15 10mIu pregnancy tests for 6euro and conceive plus for 16euro so im delighted as i was gonna spend 60euro on 14 ovulation clearblue digi's so i am gonna start cd8 and do 2 ovulation tests a day!are the ic tests good?? the pregnancy tests and the ov tests?? and are they reliable?? i am curious of why they are so cheap!

YAY!!!! no more hiding from yourself.!!! You are fully stocked!!!!

Yeah, I'd have to say they are reliable...I've used IC'S for a while, LH and HPT's and they've always given me complete accuracy...I'm not sure why they are soo cheap..probably b/c they don't have to be soooo stinking expensive...$30 or whatever digi's are is completely ridiculous..
Fx'd that this is your month and ALL all of TEAM SMEP's month
Now wouldn't THAT be something!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happydance:

Yeah, I'd have to say they are reliable...I've used IC'S for a while, LH and HPT's and they've always given me complete accuracy...I'm not sure why they are soo cheap..probably b/c they don't have to be soooo stinking expensive...$30 or whatever digi's are is completely ridiculous..

awh thanx soooooo much u too, i was thinking maybe there so cheap cos there only strip's and we all know we pay for a brand names (ie. clearblue) there prob just as reliable! im wishing everyone loads of baby dust! im just waiting to get my delivery i should defo have it by cd 10 if i get it by cd 8 that would be great i could start then! i have heard not to do opk's in the morning as there is no lh surge would anyone recommened what times to do them at im gonna do 2 a day??? and i wake up at different times of the morning will this afect temping?? and should i orally or vajaja temp?? sorry bout all the questions im useless!

It's because they cost less to make I think. I have only used IC OPKs because they are riduculously expensive to use for more than 1 month. Even at that they are expensive. Maybe you could use OPKs for 2 months to pinpoint your O date and then you won't need them anymore. I know that some people O on different days depending on whether the eggie comes from the left or right.

ICs are a little harder to interpret but the cost-benefit of spending less is better than the little bit of learning you do of interpreting them. IC PGS are more sensitive than most $$ PG tests.

brill thanx yeah i got the 10mIu pg tests so thats better then most pg tests! they have a section on here with pic's for positive and neg opk's so if i get stuck i will have a look, if i am doing them everyday i should see a rise day by day ect...
thanx for all ur help sending you loads of babydust! :hugs:

Temping orally should be fine if you don't sleep with your mouth open. You really should try to temp at the same time. What I do is temp at 7am every morning, record my temp and go back to sleep. DH's alarm goes off at 7 Mon-Fri and I set my own to go off on weekends at 7. I fall right back assleep after I enter it on the mobile FF Site.

Temping orally should be fine if you don't sleep with your mouth open. You really should try to temp at the same time. What I do is temp at 7am every morning, record my temp and go back to sleep. DH's alarm goes off at 7 Mon-Fri and I set my own to go off on weekends at 7. I fall right back assleep after I enter it on the mobile FF Site.

yeah that's a good idea thanx :)

Yeah, I'd have to say they are reliable...I've used IC'S for a while, LH and HPT's and they've always given me complete accuracy...I'm not sure why
expensive...$30 or whatever digi's are is completely ridiculous..

awh thanx soooooo much u too, i was thinking maybe there so cheap cos there only strip's and we all know we pay for a brand names (ie. clearblue) there prob just as reliable! im wishing everyone loads of baby dust! im just waiting to get my delivery i should defo have it by cd 10 if i get it by cd 8 that would be great i could start then! i have heard not to do opk's in the morning as there is no lh surge would anyone recommened what times to do them at im gonna do 2 a day??? and i wake up at different times of the morning will this afect temping?? and should i orally or vajaja temp?? sorry bout all the questions im useless!

you are soo not useless..don't say that..I ask a zillion q's and that's what we are supposed to do ~ that's what we are all here for!!!!

When I test LH I did 2/day~but THIS cycle I'll do three starting when they start to darken up...reason is ~ last cycle I was doing 2/day one at like 2pm and one somewhere b/w 6p and 8p...but on the day i DID O, FOR SOME reason I tested early at 10:30 am and it was + and by the time I tested at 2 it was - so if I had NOT tested that 1st time @10:30 I TOTALLY would have missed it...so I recommend 3/day as they get darker and I've read lots, like 1pm, 2pm is a good time to start...
I agree w/ SHerly...waking up at diff times will be hard to read after a few cycle, definitely set your alarm and get up and temp everyday..I HATE waking up early, but I set my alarm for 6am and take my temp, roll over and go back to sleep till like 9:30 or whenever...You'll be glad after several cycles to have kept it at the same time...erratic temps would just make a girl insane:wacko:
I started out temping orally, then I got CRAZY about it and would "double check" it I like to call it :winkwink: and it would always be different...which I read DOES/CAN happen..but for ME, it was making me a crazy lady:wacko:
so I started vaginally..and like it AND trust it a WHOLE lot more..I can't know if I sleep w// my mouth open..I"M ASLEEP...so I just trust it better down there:blush:some ppl wonder if I feel funny b/c DH is right there..but #1 he doesn't even know he exists at that hour and #2 you don't have to do too much to get it in there....it's simple...and that's MY recommendation..just have to do what works best for YOU!:hugs:

Can you add me to the SMEP group? I will be testing on Feb 25. Thanks! Good luck girls! I just had a +OPK really early this morning. We have been following the plan exactly. FX!!!

Awesome!! We live in San Antonio. We moved to Texas in June 2010 and we love it so far. We are currently buying a house and have 4 bedrooms to fill. Fx for a BFP this month to get us started. ;-)

Neat! We are less than 3 hours apart! You are the closest person I have met here!

We have a vacation planned in July for South Padre Island!! ;-)

DH has it would take as long for us to get to SPI as it would to get to SA b/c of having to drive around the beach.

He says it depends on if some bridge is open.

Interesting. We have never been to CC or SPI. We will see how it goes. I am excited for the trip. I love to explore our new state.

Maybe we should be FB friends or im friends so everyone doesn't have to read our conversations tomorrow. =-)

well CD 10 and the meet my POAS adiction i pee'd on an opk ha ha!! theres a line there not like it'll mean anything im sure!! i know it can pick up pregnancy but id of thought CD10 was too early and i wouldnt of thought it was dark enough. at least i got to pee on something though lol! why does it have to go sooooooooo slow in the 2nd week! xx

Hi Sweetdot! think we have come across each other before :hugs: well looks like I did get my +OPK and O the same day CD10.....so glad I started smeping on CD6 otherwise would have completely missed it. CD12 and had two consecutive days of temp rises today the highest it's been all cycle so hopefully tomorrow FF will detect ovulation. Although, TCOYF has Ov day as CD11 :shrug:

I can see what it says 11. Because it wasn't higher than the previous 6 days. I would definatly say one of those days is right. I like 10 for it but just in case 11 would be the backup. Can't wait to see what FF says. I changed my method to fertility awareness because I didn't like Advanced.

Well FF has me Ovulating on CD10. TCOYF CD11 but to be honest like you Sheryl I am pretty sure it was CD10 which makes me 3DO already!! Would have liked to have had a BD in on CD9 but sooooooooo wasn't expecting to Ov that early or +OPK and O same day!! so it just shows you. My first cycle of temping and although I am still learning I can see a clear shift and if nothing comes from this cycle I have learned something and at least know I am ovulating :winkwink:

SweetDot!!! happy SMEP'ing :hugs::hugs:

Awesome!! We live in San Antonio. We moved to Texas in June 2010 and we love it so far. We are currently buying a house and have 4 bedrooms to fill. Fx for a BFP this month to get us started. ;-)

I spent 3 months in Texas in 2009. I lived in Austin, just off Mopac. Visited San Antonio and quite a few surrounding areas. Lovely part of the USA :thumbup:
I miss drive-thru Starbucks as we don't have any here :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->