Spring Babies

Emma - love the picture - you look so pretty! None of my business but sounds like you'd be so much better off without him! He sounds so childish! I was with someone like that until I met DH and realised I had to get out of that relationship quickly and grab DH before someone else did! Hopefully it helps when you write stuff down on here? That's what I find anyway!

Tee - love the new bump pic, it's so cute!

Sun - I was trying to wake her up all day and yesterday evening and then I used the doppler and the batteries had run out and then just as I was dropping off to sleep she wakes up and does the hardest kicks ever for like 30 minutes and then I was awake at 5am this morning while she was doing her exercise routine! She must love it when I lay down rather than sit?!

22 weeks today! Love Thursdays when the week changes up!

DH's mother is being mental. We have two bedrooms in our house and obviously one is the nursery now (combined with DH's office because it's a big room) and she is saying that we need to buy a double bed for her and DH's Dad for when they come down. We've all explained to her that we cannot fit one in and also it's a waste of money when we're trying so hard to save money at the moment! She said that it's not right etc and is apparently having counselling from all the stress in her life at the moment (which apparently is largely us) and is on medication for panic attacks - she's literally got nothing in her life to be stressed about and is mental. We're going to visit them next week and i'm dreading it because I know there's going to be a huge argument between all of them, maybe i'll just sit in the corner with some popcorn rubbing my tummy........

Well, my little girl is wide awake and has decided to tap dance on my cervix!

Hi ladies,

Sorry to hear that your loved ones are not being so loving and causing stress... Just keep doing what you believe is right as you are so strong and will make the best choice for your baby and you.

AFM (and tee!) Happy 17 weeks!!!! I kinda can't believe we've made it this far!!
So I did something that I might end up really regretting... Backing up my current boss got fired from my institution so our research is basically shutting down on Thursday when he moves to a new university. I did NOT want to relocate my life as I am only eligible to work in this position for about six more months anyway on my fellowship. So long story short (and a very stressful fall season of uncertainty) I have found a way to keep doing research here while not getting paid but doing some other jobs at the university that will pay me enough to keep my health insurance. I'm really proud of me for fighting so hard for me and baby and my husband. ANYWAY no one at work knows I am pregnant as they are leaving soon and I don't want my boss to stop paying attention to my project that I would like to finish ASAP. Sadly I will get no maternity leave and will be just unemployed the month after I give birth. Hopefully my husband will find a job that has health insurance at that point. We both have PhDs for chrissake!!! Everyone gets hit with economy.

S what do I do, I go on the news. No name posted, but my face is all over it. There has been a lot of press about IVF clinics putting so many embryos back in either because the woman insists on it or the doctor does, and sometimes this is not the best course of action. I won't go into it more than that because I want to respect every woman on here who chooses the best course of action for herself. But I felt really strongly in putting back in one embryo based on the research and current SART recommendations. So cross your fingers everyone that no one at work watches the news. Sadly... I am pretty sure they don't :)

The whole TV thing was a riot. It was fun to see my old clinic and fertility doc, and he really appreciated that I was willing to be a part of the piece. I feel strongly in clinical and scientific education of the general public, as they are who fund most of the research. Also, the stigma surrounding IVF is real and palpable... I don't know how much you have shared with family and friends Tee, but I have been very quiet based on what I hear day to day from them. I don't want that judgement to be passed on to my innocent baby and child!

Sorry for the long rant... Think of me this week as I wrap up this crazy stupid stressful research position and wish me luck starting three new random jobs next year!

Hey qwerty! Awesome that you were on TV! I'm probably being stupid here (and I should know given that I was born from IVF), but what are the details of the new decision?

sounds like you've got a lot of work stresses going on which is the last thing you need?! How have you kept the baby a secret? Are you not showing yet?

23 weeks today here, can't believe next week is my v-day and also i'll be 6 months pregnant?! How has that come around so quickly?

Hope everyone is ok? x x

23 weeks today here, can't believe next week is my v-day and also i'll be 6 months pregnant?! How has that come around so quickly?

Hope everyone is ok? x x

How is it that I didn't realise I am six months pregnant until I read your post? :blush::haha:

All good here today - a little back pain & a little nausea (although I think that's being caused by pain) but really bad folliculitis. :coffee:

Es una niñaaaaa! It's a girl! I'm so pleased, I wanted a girl and all her measurements are good, so while they can't be 100% she doesn't have Down's, they said everything looks perfect. :)

Es una niñaaaaa! It's a girl! I'm so pleased, I wanted a girl and all her measurements are good, so while they can't be 100% she doesn't have Down's, they said everything looks perfect. :)

Oh Emma I am so excited for you!!!! Congrats!!!!! <3

Thanks, Tee, I'm over the moon. She's so pretty and it looks like she has a guardian angel singing to her in this scan pic, doesn't it?

Attachments

• baby20wks.JPG
    baby20wks.JPG
    13.2 KB · Views: 1
Eeeee congrats Emma! You are so right about the angel face in there!

And Karry and Lilly woo hoo on being six months! That is so fantastic and I am so happy for you ladies :) Lilly so cool you were an IVF baby. Story was about guidelines recommending putting back only one embryo except in some cases (age, multiple trials failing). Yes I am definitely keeping things a secret at work and I am not really showing still so as long as I can make it through today I won't really be seeing boss in person too much. And he will only be a small percent my boss. Looking forward to getting home today, I'll tell you that much.

How are you ladies feeling? I'm trying so hard to get back into workout routine but being super careful this time so I don't get hurt. Get to find out sex and anatomy on Monday!!!!

Oh she looks so beautiful Emma - congrats on the girl! It's lovely knowing isn't it?! I'm so impatient so couldn't wait to find out!

Love the new bump pic Tee!

Little Lily has been kicking since 5am and has been spurred on by my team Christmas lunch, must be all the turkey I ate!

Going up to visit my in-laws this weekend............. can't wait!:nope:

Eeeee congrats Emma! You are so right about the angel face in there!

And Karry and Lilly woo hoo on being six months! That is so fantastic and I am so happy for you ladies :) Lilly so cool you were an IVF baby. Story was about guidelines recommending putting back only one embryo except in some cases (age, multiple trials failing). Yes I am definitely keeping things a secret at work and I am not really showing still so as long as I can make it through today I won't really be seeing boss in person too much. And he will only be a small percent my boss. Looking forward to getting home today, I'll tell you that much.

How are you ladies feeling? I'm trying so hard to get back into workout routine but being super careful this time so I don't get hurt. Get to find out sex and anatomy on Monday!!!!

I think we posted at the same time lol!

Anatomy scan - that's come around really quickly! Tee's must also be soon??

I used to exercise A LOT pre-pregnancy but now i can't be bothered to do any other than swimming and yoga. I got too scared to run in my first tri for some reason so stopped and now I probably shouldn't pick it up again!

I'm soooooooooo tired today, got my niece tonight and she's a terror (nearly 2yo) so that'll be fun....... at least it's not the whole night!

Qwerty - Anatomy scan on Monday? I am soooo jealous! I would have had mine next week, but because I have to call in for possible jury duty, I pushed it back another month just in case I needed to reschedule. I can't wait to hear about your scan!!!! I am so excited for you. You sure have been through a lot in the beginning and I'm always praying/sending thoughts your way. Truly a blessing! <3

Lilly - I didn't know you were an IVF baby! That is so neat!

AFM - My Anatomy scan is on December 23rd. I swear it feels like it's years away! It's like waiting for Christmas, seriously! hahah

I was on the phone with my mother last night (things are finally better with the fam, but I'm keeping my distance) and I was telling her that I still get freaked out because I don't feel pregnant at all. She said that's a good thing because it means that everything is going the way it should. I suppose she is right. But, I used the doppler again anyways. That thing helps ease my crazed brain.

I was listening to the baby's heartbeat last night and it's amazing how much higher I have to position the doppler now that I am further along. Oncew I found the heartbeat I could hear him/her going back and forth in front of the doppler. It was the coolest thing to tell that he/she was moving around. I started talking to him/her and I could have sworn I heard some taps, which sounded like some movement. I really wish I could feel all of that. I still think I feel some rolling and flutters, but like I said before I don't have anything to compare it to so I am not 100% sure. I would like to think it's the baby moving around <3

Tee - I don't know why but your pregnancy seems to be going so much faster than mine lol - I feel like you're going to catch up with me any day! Everytime i see your ticker I think "OMG she turns another week tomorrow, how is that happened already?!" :happydance:

Karry - how's your sickness? Has it got any better?

Emma - how is your OH being? Looking after you I hope?!

QWERTY - well, is it a boy or a girl???!!!! You're finding out today right??

MY LO has had hiccups today and has been giving me some serious cervix kicks. I can't believe how active she is. When they said I had an anterior placenta I thought I wouldn't feel anything but I guess because it's high right I can feel so much more!

Other than still whining about not getting enough sex - which I don't think will ever change unless I castrate him lol - he's being good as gold. Little chub is kicking away, OH and I felt her from the outside last night, which was nice; it made it feel more real for both of us - dum de dum across my belly hehe. I can't wait 'til May.

We've decided to call her Maia; we might change our minds but it seems to have stuck and it sounds the same in Spanish, which was important for us. Plus, it's not likely to be shortened. She's so cute.

How are you feeling? How's the bump? And family? How are all the mummies doing? :)

Love the name Lily, lilly, my friend's calling her little girl that; she's due Christmas Eve. I like Eve too, haha.

Attachments

• maia2.JPG
    maia2.JPG
    10.9 KB · Views: 1
What a beautiful name! How do you pronounce it?

Thank you - it's something my Mother used to call me when I was young and i've always loved it (hence it being my name on here - real name is Laura!).

So sweet you felt her from the outside! It's so amazing when you start seeing the kicks. Just little movements on your clothes (which I guess are going to get a lot bigger for us over the next few months!) reduce me to tears! I was blubbing at work this morning when i could see my dress moving ever so slightly!

Eve is lovely - I really like Ava too but it's DH's turn to name the next as I picked Lily (if we're lucky enough to have a 2nd LO!)

x

Lilly, the sickness has finally eased off - thanks for asking! I hope I haven't jinxed myself now! :haha: How are you doing?

Emma - I love the name you've picked!! <3

Thanks, it makes this parenting thing feel more real now she has a name and a face :) We're pronouncing it My-ah, usual spelling is Maya, which we may still use, but here in Spain it might get pronounced differently. Plus, looking up the meanings of the name, I like the ones with the spelling Maia, so we'll most likely go with that spelling.

I love the names Ava and Evie (my great-grandmother was Evelyn), but my OH's ex mother in law is called Eve and so he doesn't want anything similar :lol: I do like how Lily's lying in your profile pic hehe she's all stretched out like she's chilling out.

What brand doppler do you have, Tee? I think I'd like to get one now; held off at the beginning 'cause I knew I'd freak myself out if I couldn't hear a heartbeat due to having it in the wrong place haha but she's definitely big enough to get the position right now.

I think my womb is growing again, does anyone else get those lightning bolt sensations at either side? Mine started again a few days ago, and at the back where my kidneys are too, this time. I think the last time I felt this (around 16wks) it only lasted a few days, thankfully.

I don't know if it's the gift of distance, but I'm not yet panicking about birth. I'm all, yeah I can't wait, it's going to be lovely...I'm sure I'll think otherwise when the first contractions kick in :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->