Spring Babies

Hey

My first bit of advice is not to google, if you do it'll probably tell you that it's amniotic fluid, but if it were, there'd be lots of it.

I had this from around 12 weeks and it's normal, it's discharge but probably different from what you've seen before as your body is totally different now.

Obviously get checked out with your Dr ASAP if you're worried about it but i'm sure it's totally fine!

I'm sorry my advice is probably rubbish and not making you feel better but I mainly wanted you not to be upset :hugs:

Let us know how you get on with the Dr!

x x

Hey

My first bit of advice is not to google, if you do it'll probably tell you that it's amniotic fluid, but if it were, there'd be lots of it.

I had this from around 12 weeks and it's normal, it's discharge but probably different from what you've seen before as your body is totally different now.

Obviously get checked out with your Dr ASAP if you're worried about it but i'm sure it's totally fine!

I'm sorry my advice is probably rubbish and not making you feel better but I mainly wanted you not to be upset :hugs:

Let us know how you get on with the Dr!

x x

I did google, I shouldn't have but what I read in my "What to Expect When You're Expecting" said that it could be a misscarriage, I thought I had to look more into it. Waiting for my doc to call me back is torture right now.

Thank you so much for commenting. I am a wreck right now but I am trying not to freak out. It wasn't A LOT and it stopped. But it was the weirdest feeling.

Oh Tee I'm so sorry this must be so scary.

Are you in pain?

Morning ladies! So I am 12 weeks today. But I am kind of freakin out. This morning after I got out of the shower I felt a little trickle down my leg. I thought, wow I really need to start some keegle excercises. Then it happened again, so I went to the bathroom. When I sat down a gush came out, it was not urine. Then I finally went pee. (sorry for the TMI).

I know I shouldn't be googling, but I am so afraid I may miscarry. It was a clear fluid, no cramping, no odor, no color. Has anyone else had this? I am freakin out!?

PS I did call my doc and I am waiting for a call back.

I've read, and noticed, there's an increase in fluids down there, so unless you have any other symptoms, I wouldn't worry; it's probably just discharge.

Or you did wee yourself :p

Hi Qwerty - I don't have any pain, so I'm holding on to that. I haven't had any other inccidents, so I think I may be ok. But now that my doc wants me in for a U/S, I'm a little frightened, but I know it's just precaution.

Emma - I thought I peed myself too but I could tell it wasn't coming from the right spot. The upside is that I finally get to see my little nugget, but I hate the worry.

Thanks you for all the responses. I am a wreck right now. I just worry.

Every single thing makes us worry, especially us first-timers. It's hard being pregnant! :)

Did you have your u/s Tee?? Honestly, it's only now that I have stopped worrying daily that something will go wrong. In the early days I was convinced that something would go wrong and when I had the same as you, I thought something had happened but now I get discharge literally all the time (sorry, tmi) and it's just the increase in hormones.

Thinking of you though, hope it all goes well (but we know it will!)

xx :hugs:

Did you have your u/s Tee?? Honestly, it's only now that I have stopped worrying daily that something will go wrong. In the early days I was convinced that something would go wrong and when I had the same as you, I thought something had happened but now I get discharge literally all the time (sorry, tmi) and it's just the increase in hormones.

I'm waiting to stop worrying :lol: Now I'm 15wks and most of my first trimester symptoms have died down, I'm worrying baby's okay between now and my 20wks scan.

Hi Qwerty - I don't have any pain, so I'm holding on to that. I haven't had any other inccidents, so I think I may be ok. But now that my doc wants me in for a U/S, I'm a little frightened, but I know it's just precaution.

Emma - I thought I peed myself too but I could tell it wasn't coming from the right spot. The upside is that I finally get to see my little nugget, but I hate the worry.

Thanks you for all the responses. I am a wreck right now. I just worry.

Hey Tee - hope you're doing ok. Glad that doctor wants to see you because then you can know sooner that everything is OK. I wouldn't interpret it that doc thinks something is wrong, they are so used to us freaking - so I'm sure it's just to put your mind at ease. Are they trying to get you in for the NT scan at the same time or just a normal ultrasound? I feel like they could do both as long as someone knew how to measure correctly was there.

Thinking lots of you...

I'm waiting to stop worrying :lol: Now I'm 15wks and most of my first trimester symptoms have died down, I'm worrying baby's okay between now and my 20wks scan.

It's wonderful when the symptoms go! It was genuinly the hardest time of my life - sick every day and felt like i was dying!

I don't think we will ever stop worrying, we'll worry all through the pregnancy, all through the labor and will never stop worrying about them when they're born! Or maybe i'm just a freaky worrier lol!

Morning ladies! I finally got in to the Imaging Lab yesterday afternoon. Of course the techs can't tell you a whole lot and the doc still needs to call me with the full report.

But the tech did tell me that the baby's hearbeat and everything else looks great!

My little nugget is no longer a nugget. It's like a sour patch kid/alien now. HAHAH

He/She was moving around like crazy. It was the most amazing thing to see. I wish I could feel all that moving around. It was so incredible. It really put my mind at ease. I was praying so hard just to see the baby's heartbeat, I was not expecting to see a little person! So amazing!

The tech let me watch the baby for a while and took some amazing pictures for me to take home. Here's my little human. HAHAH <3

Thank you all for your thoughts and helping me get through yesterday, I was a complete wreck. I love you ladies!!!!!

Attachments

• 12 weeks baby's face.jpg
    12 weeks baby's face.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 12 weeks baby's side view Spine.jpg
    12 weeks baby's side view Spine.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 12 weeks baby's side view.jpg
    12 weeks baby's side view.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 2
Ah how cute are those pictures?! You can see his/her brain so clearly!

It's weird isn't it that you can see them wriggling about but not actually feel it.

So glad that everything is ok and that you're feeling better, not good for you or the sour patch kid for you to stress (though it's totally unavoidable in pregnancy:haha:).

Can't wait to see the next ones at 20 weeks (or earlier if you get scanned earlier in NZ).

2 weeks until we see our LO next and find out whether it's a boy or girl!

It's such a fabulous time being pregnant (other than when we're scared!)
x x

Morning ladies! I finally got in to the Imaging Lab yesterday afternoon. Of course the techs can't tell you a whole lot and the doc still needs to call me with the full report.

But the tech did tell me that the baby's hearbeat and everything else looks great!

My little nugget is no longer a nugget. It's like a sour patch kid/alien now. HAHAH

He/She was moving around like crazy. It was the most amazing thing to see. I wish I could feel all that moving around. It was so incredible. It really put my mind at ease. I was praying so hard just to see the baby's heartbeat, I was not expecting to see a little person! So amazing!

The tech let me watch the baby for a while and took some amazing pictures for me to take home. Here's my little human. HAHAH <3

Thank you all for your thoughts and helping me get through yesterday, I was a complete wreck. I love you ladies!!!!!

Oh Tee - I'm so happy for you. Glad they got you in ASAP and so happy that everything is ok.

I had my NT scan yesterday... you're right about how much they move around and yes I wish I could feel it! Everything looks good, bloodwork got messed up so I had to give it again and wait until next week for results but I'm not really worried about it as thickness was totally average.

The most fun of all... well the whole thing... but the tech takes my husband and I to a separate room before hand because she wanted to "talk to us in private first." Apparently our clinic just bought a brand new crazy state of the art ultrasound that the sales rep was still there training the doctors and the technicians how to use it. She asked if we would be ok having a few more people in the room while she did the scan. We are HUGE DORKS especially anything sciency/imaging as we work in neuroscience... anyway so of course we were game.

The doctors were literally fighting over who got to use it after the tech did all of our measurements. it was insane - the alien/sourpatch kid thing is completely accurate! we could see every little vertebra, kidneys, brain, and they even guessed sex and were amazed at how clearly they could see everything. i'll try to post a picture but honestly they always give us the low res versions anyway so it doesn't look any different from Tee's beautiful 12 week alien :)

Lilly - Thank you, I feel so so much better about seeing the little one moving around and ok in there. I really wish I could feel it all. I read too that right now the baby doens't really sleep yet? (I think I read that) and knowing that, the baby is constantly moving. It's really more of a jerky movement. So incredible nonetheless. My next scan will be next Thursday for the NT screeening, then the big one will be at 18 weeks. That puts me at mid December and we will hopefully be finding out the sex.

Qwerty - How AMAZING and lucky! I can't wait to see the pics. Isn't it so amazing to see all the parts so clearly? I was so amazed. I know the sex being guessed is a toughy right now, but what did they guess? I was so hoping my tech would have guessed with mine too, but my little one had his/her legs curled up under him/her for the most part or was wiggling around to much to tell. I am really glad things are going so well for you!!

Thank you ladies so much for the support. I can't wait to share more pics. OH here's my 12 week bump. It's finally starting to "pop"

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2
Hi mommies - I'm due May 17th, 2014 with our second child. Our daughter was born Dec 23, 2008. Just had our NT21 scan done and pending results - i hate this waiting period. The tech thinks that our little bean is a BOY so fingers crossed.

Tee seriously so happy for you that you got to see little one. Any idea when doc will call with full results?

they think it's a girl. i started crying later at night i was so happy - didn't realize how much i wanted a little princess until they said that. still think it's a boy though...

Tee seriously so happy for you that you got to see little one. Any idea when doc will call with full results?

they think it's a girl. i started crying later at night i was so happy - didn't realize how much i wanted a little princess until they said that. still think it's a boy though...

Awww Qwerty! I am so happy for you!!! I actually JUST got the call and everything looks perfect!!! Maybe I did pee myself!! HAHAHA

Hi mommies - I'm due May 17th, 2014 with our second child. Our daughter was born Dec 23, 2008. Just had our NT21 scan done and pending results - i hate this waiting period. The tech thinks that our little bean is a BOY so fingers crossed.

YAYAY I'm glad you made it!!!!

Awww Qwerty! I am so happy for you!!! I actually JUST got the call and everything looks perfect!!! Maybe I did pee myself!! HAHAHA[/QUOTE said:
lol maybe... i dunno. we know our bodies, i'm sure it was just lots of perfect mucus. glad doc called with the all clear. so did you guys get scheduled for the NT after all? or is it now moot because you saw little one?

Awww Qwerty! I am so happy for you!!! I actually JUST got the call and everything looks perfect!!! Maybe I did pee myself!! HAHAHA[/QUOTE said:
lol maybe... i dunno. we know our bodies, i'm sure it was just lots of perfect mucus. glad doc called with the all clear. so did you guys get scheduled for the NT after all? or is it now moot because you saw little one?

We did schedule the NT screening for next Thursday. (the 14th). I think if I decided to skip it I'd just worry and wonder more. So another upside is seeing the baby again, and I will be almost 14 weeks!

Time is flying by!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"