Spring Babies

Oh qwerty I'm assuming with your registry comment that you're having a shower! That is fab for saving loads of cash lol! :thumbup: We don't really do showers here, and if we do it's more of just small things like some clothes or little gift items.

I agree about buying as much as you can used, since babies don't actually wear out anything. I gave our crib to my sister which is basically like new - looks like I just took it out of the box and it was used for almost 2 years! :thumbup: I like to get big ticket items like that used then spend a little extra on things like fluffy bum diapers and cozy wool clothes. And maybe carriers. I have a small addiction lol :blush:

Morning ladies!

Lilly, your nursery is sounding amazing! How soothing with all the white! I know what you mean about saving money after the baby is here! It's like we all just worried about getting pregnant and now that we are doing well it's time to worry about everything else. LOL

Qwerty, the hubby and I are thinking about shopping Thanksgiving night to get a great deal on a stroller. I'm really nervous becasue I don't do well with crowds. But it'll be nice to have that one thing checked off the list.

The hubby and I talked this weekend and we both decided that we are going to start to make some headway on the nursery in Jan. after we are done with all the holidays. I think that will be a huge stress reliever on me. Although it's going to be so hard to not want to start as soon as we find out the sex. Speaking of, my husband's side of the family is ALL boys expcept one little girl. She told us this weekend that she really hopes we have a girl so that she isn't the only one. Awwww it broke my heart!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend. OH BTW, I think, THINK I felt some movement the other night, and of course I cried because I think it was the baby. I guess I will know for sure in a month or so!

Yeah we have found tons of stuff on craigslist used - you're right that baby stuff never gets worn out! DH agrees with you lilly to get stroller new - i am coming around to the idea. I *think* we'll have a shower... a friend of mine offered to host one but our families live so far away so they wouldn't be coming to it. So it will be a small affair with some friends and maybe some work people (although my lab is moving to another city in a few weeks without me - i'll be staying on at present location until the summer - but they will all be gone)

TEE I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU FELT BABY!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! this also keeps happening to me - after i eat something ridiculous or at night sometimes when i'm shifting around but i always convince myself it's gas.

Yeah we have found tons of stuff on craigslist used - you're right that baby stuff never gets worn out! DH agrees with you lilly to get stroller new - i am coming around to the idea. I *think* we'll have a shower... a friend of mine offered to host one but our families live so far away so they wouldn't be coming to it. So it will be a small affair with some friends and maybe some work people (although my lab is moving to another city in a few weeks without me - i'll be staying on at present location until the summer - but they will all be gone)

TEE I CAN"T BELIEVE YOU FELT BABY!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! this also keeps happening to me - after i eat something ridiculous or at night sometimes when i'm shifting around but i always convince myself it's gas.

I swear I think it might be gas too. I only think that because I don't want to be that person that thinks I know what I'm talking about. HAHAHAH but there's a little part of me that might think that was the baby. I really hope it was. It was a different enough feeling to make me stop my game of candy crush and freak out cry. HAHAHAH

Tee - that's so cool! I can only describe it as an uncontrolled muscle twitch. That's what it felt like at first. Now my whole tummy tenses and then I feel a kick! Apparently it's the LO rolling around and then kicking - love it!

I know - the worries literally never stop for us.... TTC, pregnancy, money and then the baby lol!

TeeinAZ - I felt #2 starting at around 14 weeks (a little earlier). It could absolutely have been LO!!! :thumbup:
This time I have another anterior placenta so I barely feel this kiddo at 20 weeks - grrrr.

Lilly - it did feel like a little tensing, that's why it's so hard to tell if it's the gas or the baby. LOL

Sun - I really hope it was the baby. It's the best feeling in the world!

I know it's so friggin hard to tell at first - every bit of gas at first I was like "oh my god it's the baby" at DH. He still hasn't felt a kick :nope:

I know it's so friggin hard to tell at first - every bit of gas at first I was like "oh my god it's the baby" at DH. He still hasn't felt a kick :nope:

It might take a while depending. My first pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and I felt the very first movements at 24w - OH felt them from the outside around the same time. Last pregnancy he could feel LO at just before 17w! This time I just barely started feeling tiny taps (I have another AP) so I don't think OH will be able to feel anything for a few weeks yet. Sigh! Darn APs!

It might take a while depending. My first pregnancy I had an anterior placenta and I felt the very first movements at 24w - OH felt them from the outside around the same time. Last pregnancy he could feel LO at just before 17w! This time I just barely started feeling tiny taps (I have another AP) so I don't think OH will be able to feel anything for a few weeks yet. Sigh! Darn APs!

Yeah - I am really looking forward to the undeniable feeling of the baby moving so I can compare and know for sure.

How is everyone doing this week so far?

I woke up on Saturday with a sore throat, a stuffy nose and a massive headache. I swear I was sick, but Sunday I felt 100% normal. I did read my PG book and it seems it's yet another lovely symptom of being pregnant, your glands swell. I feel it coming and going every other day. GAH! I thought the second trimester was supposed to be easy sailing? HAHAH

I hit 14 weeks today and I can't believe that in 6 more weeks I will alredy be halfway through the pregnancy. WOW!

Yay - 14 weeks!

Feeling really moody today. 99% about DH's Mother. She just gets my back up all the time. I walk on egg shells around that woman and worry that she'll be annoyed at something i've said (which she always is) but she can say whatever she likes to me? Like telling me that breastfeeding will hurt me too much and it will take vital nutrients from me and give it to the baby (erm, why else would i be doing it?!), that my plan to go pain relief free in labor is just unrealistic and I'll definitely need them, that Lily isn't a very nice name for a girl (my actual name is Laura but I love the name Lilly and it's what my Mother called me for years) etc etc. Why don't people keeps their noses out? I am fully aware that labor is going to hurt me thank you so why reinforce it?

She always makes a massive drama out of everything, like our wedding (she wanted chair covers and I didn't and she said that was the only thing she wanted to pay for), that I put caster sugar in her tea instead of granulated sugar (it's the same f**king thing woman!), that DH didn't sign his own name on a birthday card, that we live in the South and she lives in the North. Arggghhhh I just cannot stand her! She clearly doesn't like me (but is in LOVE with her other daughter-in-law) and tries to make our lives a total misery. But god forbid we say anything back like she says to us!

Argh, rant over! :growlmad:

Yay - 14 weeks!

Feeling really moody today. 99% about DH's Mother. She just gets my back up all the time. I walk on egg shells around that woman and worry that she'll be annoyed at something i've said (which she always is) but she can say whatever she likes to me? Like telling me that breastfeeding will hurt me too much and it will take vital nutrients from me and give it to the baby (erm, why else would i be doing it?!), that my plan to go pain relief free in labor is just unrealistic and I'll definitely need them, that Lily isn't a very nice name for a girl (my actual name is Laura but I love the name Lilly and it's what my Mother called me for years) etc etc. Why don't people keeps their noses out? I am fully aware that labor is going to hurt me thank you so why reinforce it?

She always makes a massive drama out of everything, like our wedding (she wanted chair covers and I didn't and she said that was the only thing she wanted to pay for), that I put caster sugar in her tea instead of granulated sugar (it's the same f**king thing woman!), that DH didn't sign his own name on a birthday card, that we live in the South and she lives in the North. Arggghhhh I just cannot stand her! She clearly doesn't like me (but is in LOVE with her other daughter-in-law) and tries to make our lives a total misery. But god forbid we say anything back like she says to us!

Argh, rant over! :growlmad:

I feel ya sister. Why is it that this exciting time in your life that family is the one that constantly gets on our nerves. I haven't talked to my mom or my sister in a week. They just don't get it and continue to stress me out so I said I'm done for now. I am not going to be around the negative BS and I will not stress out my baby. GRRRRR! I have become completely bitchy, yes, but I am hormonal. I mean shoot, my sister has three kids, she should get it!

I really hate when people have an opinion on everything! Like I was feeling under the weather the other day and someone said, oh it's probably the dairy. I haven't had any dairy. I mean not a lot. Plus I know it's just the hormones, ya know? Stuffed up, headache all the normal. I just wanted to vent, I don't need a know it all to think they know what's going on!

Ok see? HAHAH I am so bitchy lately. I totally get where you are coming from! <3 I am so thankful for this site and all you girls. I'd really lose it if I didn't have all of you!

Oh I almost forgot. BUMP SHOT!

YAY I finally feel pregnant and not fat!

Attachments

• 14 weeks.jpg
    14 weeks.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 3
Such a neat bump! Definitely can tell you're pregnant!

I know! I was looking at the menu at work the other day and someone came up behind me and said "you can't have most of that", I was like "erm, why not?" and they said "you can't have diary when you're pregnant". I told them that you can indeed have dairy when you're pregnant, it's just unpasturised dairy. She then walked off and said loudly "you're moody today". I just stood there, amazed that she'd just been like that!

Only 5 more days until we see LO! I'm so petrified we'll get there and something's wrong. I've been jiggling my belly around trying to get them to wake up. Might use the doppler tonight actually..... am totally in love with that thing!

Don't blame you for not speaking to your Mother and Sister. Mine don't tell me anything anymore as they seem to think everything will stress me out, sweet I know but I do still want to know things lol!

I love it on here too, i've never come across a mean person or comment, everyone is just so understanding! :hugs:

Such a neat bump! Definitely can tell you're pregnant!

I know! I was looking at the menu at work the other day and someone came up behind me and said "you can't have most of that", I was like "erm, why not?" and they said "you can't have diary when you're pregnant". I told them that you can indeed have dairy when you're pregnant, it's just unpasturised dairy. She then walked off and said loudly "you're moody today". I just stood there, amazed that she'd just been like that!

Only 5 more days until we see LO! I'm so petrified we'll get there and something's wrong. I've been jiggling my belly around trying to get them to wake up. Might use the doppler tonight actually..... am totally in love with that thing!

Don't blame you for not speaking to your Mother and Sister. Mine don't tell me anything anymore as they seem to think everything will stress me out, sweet I know but I do still want to know things lol!

I love it on here too, i've never come across a mean person or comment, everyone is just so understanding! :hugs:

OMG I hate that. My family keeps a lot from me too, it actually pisses me off more than anything. I am a grown ass woman, I can handle it.

OMG and stop people, telling us what we can and cannot eat!!! I know we aren't supposed to have lunch meat or hot dogs, but you know what? I went to NASCAR and I had a damn hot dog! (I am cursing a lot, sorry)

5 more days woo hoooo!!! I am sending you lots of love and thoughts and I can't wait to hear about the appointment!!! <3

I read that right now my LO can feel me pushing on him/her so I've been doing that a lot lately. I can't wait to finally feel him/her really move. OH and my hubby ordered us a doppler too! I can't wait to get it! I have a feeling I will be taking it everywhere with me! HAHAH

Lilly so excited for your scan coming up!!! woo hoo!!! and lilly is such a beautiful name. i love lillian too.

Tee what a fantastic color on you! you look amazing.

so sorry about all the rude people around you guys! I must be doing a good job of hiding things still as I haven't gotten much of this yet. We'll see...

AFM had mini ordeal today. woke up a ton last night with pain above my belly button that was pretty intense. I've had a ruptured cyst before and kind of felt like that but all the way up all like the top of my pretend six-pack area. it was still hurting today so my husband convinced me to call the dr. and they were nice and examined me and heard HB and seems like everything is fine. I felt lame but glad I went in and nice to know they will check on me if i have rando things going on. hope it goes away because it hurts a lot to pee and breathe too deep but at the same time it's so far away from baby that i have to just chill out.

Lilly so excited for your scan coming up!!! woo hoo!!! and lilly is such a beautiful name. i love lillian too.

Tee what a fantastic color on you! you look amazing.

so sorry about all the rude people around you guys! I must be doing a good job of hiding things still as I haven't gotten much of this yet. We'll see...

AFM had mini ordeal today. woke up a ton last night with pain above my belly button that was pretty intense. I've had a ruptured cyst before and kind of felt like that but all the way up all like the top of my pretend six-pack area. it was still hurting today so my husband convinced me to call the dr. and they were nice and examined me and heard HB and seems like everything is fine. I felt lame but glad I went in and nice to know they will check on me if i have rando things going on. hope it goes away because it hurts a lot to pee and breathe too deep but at the same time it's so far away from baby that i have to just chill out.

Qwerty - I am so sorry you had a scare! I am so glad you got in and everything is OK. Did they say what it could be?

The guessed maybe just a pulled muscle? It's weird just in one spot. Does feel peripheral if that makes any sense... Like not my liver or something. It's just annoying and i will try to take it easy next few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->