Spring/Summer IUI support thread

I’m a nervous wreck. Because we both want this so bad.

beemeck: No DR. did not mentioned femara to me. I will defiantly ask if this round does not work for us.

mrs.green2015: sounds like you and I are kind of in the same boat. I do not ovulate. so I am thinking thats why it too different doses of Clomid to kick start things. Going thru all this my husband and I have learned a lot that’s for sure.

Realfemme30: good luck! hope you get your BFP!

kate26: I understand the nervous feeling! Good luck to you!

Btea- hope this works for you! We're you still getting your period and just not ovulating? I was. But it varies as to when it would come. I'm on cd 6! Tomorrow is my last day of clomid. I'm so excited!

Hi ladies...I'd like to join you all. I'm not sure when I will be doing my IUI...here's a bit of a back story....
I have 2 kiddos a ds and dd, both conceived naturally...ttc #3 and well we ran into some issues; we are now on to cycle #15, last cycle was our first cycle of 50mg Clomid cd 7-9 (only because we started late in the cycle) and a trigger shot followed by IUI the next evening. I ended up getting a bfp on 12dpiui and called my docs office. They sent me for blood work and my HCG was 10 with my progesterone at 4. They redrew the bloods 2 days later and HCG did double to 29, but since that blood draw my tests got lighter and lighter. I was on progesterone suppositories which I stopped yesterday. I'm waiting for a call from my doc for my bloods from Saturday but I just know it's a chemical pregnancy which they warned me of when they got my first set of blood work. Any way...here I am waiting for af to start my next cycle of Clomid and IUI! 😊 Sorry about my loooong intro lol.

Awe welcome LuLu15!!!! So sorry for your loss hun. That's the same way I'm about to go but I'll be taking Clomid on cd 3-7. But I too am also waiting on AF.

I will be doing an IUI in April as well. I've had 2 failed IVF's my RE think the stims are affecting egg quality and since I've gotten pregnant twice my body handles everything better internally.

My RE prefers to do injectibles so I will be doing menopur with an ovidrel trigger. I'm waiting for my period though since my ER was just Tuesday it may be up to two weeks of waiting. I hate waiting.

hi danser. I haven't seen you in awhile since that last TTC after a loss thread we were on together. I'm sorry to see you are also still TTC. had you never had an iui before? just skipped to IVF? hoping this is just what you need then. I've heard great things about the injectibles. the waiting game sucks - it's neverending. one wait ends and another begins. ugh. wishing you tons of luck too!

No IUI before, we were doing IVF for PGS to test for healthy embryos. I have consults with 2 other RE groups in 2 weeks so if the IUI fails I may go to another clinic for IVF again.
Wishing you luck too, sorry you are still at TTC. I really hope this iui works though.

hello everyone,

i would like to join!

im 34 and ttc #1. i have pcos. i do not ovd on my own. before ttc, i would ovd 1-4 times a year, but it was usually 2 times. in march i did my first cycle of clomid (prior to this AF had not come for 6 months). i had to take provera to induce AF and was on 50mg of clomid, cd 5-9 and i still did not ovd. i switched from my obgyn to an RE. the RE put me on 150mg for this cycle and the plan was to do trigger with Ovidrel and do an IUI. i thought b/c my dose was increased from 50 to 150 that i would O. well, i went in last week for an us and the follies have not grown enough to trigger/do the iui; i was deemed to be clomid resistant. rather than cancel the cycle, my RE gave me four follistem injections to take home with me. tonight will be injection 4 (i was doing 75ui each night). tomorrow i will go in for a us to see if the injections worked. if they did not, RE says we will start the injections at the beginning of the cycle next cycle and that will help so we can adjust along the way and add more injections as need be. hopefully the follies will have grown and i get my chance at IUI this cycle.

for those of you with pcos, have you had these problems with figuring out what works to get you O'ing? if you have taken injections, how many days have you had to take them and at what dose? do you experience any symptoms as the follies grow?

Hi all. I would love to join. My IUI won't be happening until late May but it would be nice to follow those doing it. A little backstory (some of you probably know as we are on other threads together)

I am 37 (38 in May) and have PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own. I have a condition called uterine hyperplasia with atypia. This is a thickening of the uterine lining and the atypia causes cell clusters to grow and gives me a 30% chance of getting uterine cancer. I spent from 2010 to 2014 on high dose progesterone to get rid of it. It worked and then I was able to go on clomid. That didn't work to get me to ovulate and in 2 cycles I gained 30 lbs. So I spent a year losing that weight and in May of 2015 I was put on Letrozole. On my 3rd cycle I got my bfp but it ended in mc. We did 3 cycles after the mc and nothing.

Now I am on a 60 day break to be put on progesterone and I will have to have another biopsy to make sure the hyperplasia is still gone.

I thought my doc's assistant mentioned the trigger and that got us looking into it. Turns out I misheard her but we decided that this was the right next step. With the hyperplasia and my age we are running out of time and this will double our chances. We won't be doing the trigger shot right away. Just the insemination.

So for the next 52 days I have to be very strict with my diet in order to lose enough weight. My BMI has to be under 45 to do the IUI and it's at 51.6. So I have 50 lbs to lose. If I don't lose it all by then we will be doing a round of letrozole with timed intercourse until I do but I am going to work my butt off to do this.

Hello Everyone
I would also like to tentatively join.

I'm 4 days away from stopping a 21 day course of BC as I had an ovarian cyst. Once AF shows, I have to have a day 2 scan & if the cyst has gone. I should be able to have my very first IUI - nothing has been confirmed but the plan is Tamoxifen & Trigger shot.

As for my background.. I'm a month away from turning 35. With no known fertility issues although I've had two losses in my early 20's

I'm also part of a same sex couple, my fiancée is 32 and for our IUIs we will be using a known donor.

Fingers crossed for everyone, looking forward to seeing some bfps in here

Welcome Ayala and best of luck to you.

Welcome NovemberRayne I too am in a same sex relationship. I'm also waiting on AF and will be doing an IUI buthe with clomid and prometrium along with blood work and ultrasounds on cd 3 and cd 12. If all looks well then I'll do a trigger shot on cd 12 and have my iui two days later. Best of luck and praying for you as well

I’m a nervous wreck. Because we both want this so bad.

beemeck: No DR. did not mentioned femara to me. I will defiantly ask if this round does not work for us.

yes it would def be worth asking about if this cycle doesn't work. how are you feeling?? keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Hi ladies...I'd like to join you all. I'm not sure when I will be doing my IUI...here's a bit of a back story....
I have 2 kiddos a ds and dd, both conceived naturally...ttc #3 and well we ran into some issues; we are now on to cycle #15, last cycle was our first cycle of 50mg Clomid cd 7-9 (only because we started late in the cycle) and a trigger shot followed by IUI the next evening. I ended up getting a bfp on 12dpiui and called my docs office. They sent me for blood work and my HCG was 10 with my progesterone at 4. They redrew the bloods 2 days later and HCG did double to 29, but since that blood draw my tests got lighter and lighter. I was on progesterone suppositories which I stopped yesterday. I'm waiting for a call from my doc for my bloods from Saturday but I just know it's a chemical pregnancy which they warned me of when they got my first set of blood work. Any way...here I am waiting for af to start my next cycle of Clomid and IUI! 😊 Sorry about my loooong intro lol.

welcome lulu! I'm sorry that you are going through this right now. :cry: I hope it means that the next IUI (especially being able to do the full dose of clomid) will ensure a super sticky bfp! sending you tons of hugs during the tough time and lots of luck for next cycle! :hugs:

I will be doing an IUI in April as well. I've had 2 failed IVF's my RE think the stims are affecting egg quality and since I've gotten pregnant twice my body handles everything better internally.

My RE prefers to do injectibles so I will be doing menopur with an ovidrel trigger. I'm waiting for my period though since my ER was just Tuesday it may be up to two weeks of waiting. I hate waiting.

No IUI before, we were doing IVF for PGS to test for healthy embryos. I have consults with 2 other RE groups in 2 weeks so if the IUI fails I may go to another clinic for IVF again.
Wishing you luck too, sorry you are still at TTC. I really hope this iui works though.

good on you for researching other clinics. I think I will check out another one if I get to the point of IVF. my friend is doing IVF at my clinic and said they get all the IVF girls on the same schedule so she's currently on birth control. seems so odd and I'm not sure it's normal but if it's not then I would like to go somewhere else. but I won't count my chicks before they hatch :blush: really hope IUI is just what you need! FX!

hello everyone,

i would like to join!

im 34 and ttc #1. i have pcos. i do not ovd on my own. before ttc, i would ovd 1-4 times a year, but it was usually 2 times. in march i did my first cycle of clomid (prior to this AF had not come for 6 months). i had to take provera to induce AF and was on 50mg of clomid, cd 5-9 and i still did not ovd. i switched from my obgyn to an RE. the RE put me on 150mg for this cycle and the plan was to do trigger with Ovidrel and do an IUI. i thought b/c my dose was increased from 50 to 150 that i would O. well, i went in last week for an us and the follies have not grown enough to trigger/do the iui; i was deemed to be clomid resistant. rather than cancel the cycle, my RE gave me four follistem injections to take home with me. tonight will be injection 4 (i was doing 75ui each night). tomorrow i will go in for a us to see if the injections worked. if they did not, RE says we will start the injections at the beginning of the cycle next cycle and that will help so we can adjust along the way and add more injections as need be. hopefully the follies will have grown and i get my chance at IUI this cycle.

for those of you with pcos, have you had these problems with figuring out what works to get you O'ing? if you have taken injections, how many days have you had to take them and at what dose? do you experience any symptoms as the follies grow?

welcome star! have you discussed femara with your doc? I had previously read that femara should be prescribed with PCOS because clomid just doesn't work that well. I don't have PCOS but get some symptoms of it (huge cystic acne around ovulation) and that was enough for my doc to put me on femara instead of clomid. :shrug: good luck to you!

Hi all. I would love to join. My IUI won't be happening until late May but it would be nice to follow those doing it. A little backstory (some of you probably know as we are on other threads together)

I am 37 (38 in May) and have PCOS. I don't ovulate on my own. I have a condition called uterine hyperplasia with atypia. This is a thickening of the uterine lining and the atypia causes cell clusters to grow and gives me a 30% chance of getting uterine cancer. I spent from 2010 to 2014 on high dose progesterone to get rid of it. It worked and then I was able to go on clomid. That didn't work to get me to ovulate and in 2 cycles I gained 30 lbs. So I spent a year losing that weight and in May of 2015 I was put on Letrozole. On my 3rd cycle I got my bfp but it ended in mc. We did 3 cycles after the mc and nothing.

Now I am on a 60 day break to be put on progesterone and I will have to have another biopsy to make sure the hyperplasia is still gone.

I thought my doc's assistant mentioned the trigger and that got us looking into it. Turns out I misheard her but we decided that this was the right next step. With the hyperplasia and my age we are running out of time and this will double our chances. We won't be doing the trigger shot right away. Just the insemination.

So for the next 52 days I have to be very strict with my diet in order to lose enough weight. My BMI has to be under 45 to do the IUI and it's at 51.6. So I have 50 lbs to lose. If I don't lose it all by then we will be doing a round of letrozole with timed intercourse until I do but I am going to work my butt off to do this.

wow what a journey aayla, welcome! I hope that this break is going to do the trick for you and that you'll be joining us very shortly for an iui! :hugs: and what dedication with the weight loss journey. I am wishing you tons of luck and we will be here to support you through it! keep us posted on your progress :hugs:

Hello Everyone
I would also like to tentatively join.

I'm 4 days away from stopping a 21 day course of BC as I had an ovarian cyst. Once AF shows, I have to have a day 2 scan & if the cyst has gone. I should be able to have my very first IUI - nothing has been confirmed but the plan is Tamoxifen & Trigger shot.

As for my background.. I'm a month away from turning 35. With no known fertility issues although I've had two losses in my early 20's

I'm also part of a same sex couple, my fiancée is 32 and for our IUIs we will be using a known donor.

Fingers crossed for everyone, looking forward to seeing some bfps in here

welcome november! keeping my FX that your cyst is totally gone! I've never heard of tamoxifen before! I'm hoping that no known issues means an instant BFP for you. and the fact that your donor sperm isn't' frozen (I guess I'm assuming) is helpful too! best of luck to you and thanks for joining!

AFM - I've updated the first page just to add everyone's names so I don't lose track of anyone! I'm so excited to get to know everyone more as we go on this exciting and nerve wracking journey! I start my femara tonight - eek! My first ultrasound is scheduled for the 8th. I'm hoping to have 2 ready to go follies so I can just trigger then and do the IUI on the 10th. Hey, a girl can dream, right? :flower:

Beemeck- yes you can!!!!! Good luck on your ultrasound. Praying that you have two big juicy ones ready to go. We all gotta start claiming these bfp and stop hoping. Best of luck to everyone. These threads truly help me keep my nerves under control knowing that I'm not alone.

Thanks ladies

LuLu15: Welcome! sorry for your news.

star_e: Welcome! I also have PCOS, and do not ovulate. But I was able to do 100mg of Clomid and the Ovdriel trigger shot. I am now 11dpiui and impatiently waiting. (Regarding this question do you experience any symptoms as the follies grow?) No I did not have any symptoms, but I only had one follicle that measured 18mm. But until the day of my IUI I had no symptoms. On the day of IUI had awful cramping, which my DR. said was cause from me ovulating on top of the IUI that was just done.

Aayla: Welcome! And good luck!

beemeck: I am feeling a little down. As I took a HPT last night 10dpiui because it was there at my house from months before and I was inpatient, but I got a BFN. I have been reading that it could be to early to test yet. But still hurts when you want something so bad! AND WANT TO WISH GOO LUCK TO YOU TOO PRAYING THAT YOU GET YOU FOLLIES!

Everyone else: Can I get your input on what you think about testing 10dpiui. Do I still have hope? Or will I be doing another IUI in the months to come.

bteague0421- Don't give up hun. Maybe it's still to early. Don't count yourself out just yet. Praying for you hun

Do something to keep your mind off of it and your spirits up. I know it's easier said than done but try hun. And your always welcome

Welcome Ayala and best of luck to you.

Welcome NovemberRayne I too am in a same sex relationship. I'm also waiting on AF and will be doing an IUI buthe with clomid and prometrium along with blood work and ultrasounds on cd 3 and cd 12. If all looks well then I'll do a trigger shot on cd 12 and have my iui two days later. Best of luck and praying for you as well

Thanks for the welcome.. glad to see there are other same sex couples on here too... so you have your plan of action all done.. I wish you and your partner the absolute best of luck!! Is this your first IUI as well? x

welcome november! keeping my FX that your cyst is totally gone! I've never heard of tamoxifen before! I'm hoping that no known issues means an instant BFP for you. and the fact that your donor sperm isn't' frozen (I guess I'm assuming) is helpful too! best of luck to you and thanks for joining!

AFM - I've updated the first page just to add everyone's names so I don't lose track of anyone! I'm so excited to get to know everyone more as we go on this exciting and nerve wracking journey! I start my femara tonight - eek! My first ultrasound is scheduled for the 8th. I'm hoping to have 2 ready to go follies so I can just trigger then and do the IUI on the 10th. Hey, a girl can dream, right? :flower:

I'm hoping so too.. I had a dummy unmedicated monitoring cycle, all went well my follie grew as expected.. but then didn't stop. When I went for a day 2 scan on my next cycle.. it had grown to about 4 inches and was so painful I was nearly in tears while they measured it. So I got put on BC to hopefully get rid. As it kept growing they wasnt sure of which day I O'd my day 21 bloods were lower than expected so they're putting me Tamoxifen. It's suppose to work like Clomid but has less chance of developing cysts.

Our donor sperm has been frozen as we moved away from London 4 years ago, so there's a distance of about 250 miles between us. We have some ready to use at the clinic and he's back this Friday to bank some more for us. I'm hoping so much that it doesn't take us long for a bfp!!

Good luck with your scans.. it's all so exciting yet scary isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->