Spring/Summer IUI support thread

Star: I highly recommend Letrozole/Femara (same drug different names). It helped me and I will never use anything else. With PCOS a low carb/low sugar diet is also suggested. PCOS tends to cause insulin resistance. for those who don't know what that is: it means that we can't use carbs as energy, it usually just gets stored as fat. Not all PCOS sufferers have this but if you are overweight at all then it is a possibility. Metformin is also know to help with this. Some say it takes months for it to start helping with fertility but it works with the insulin right away.

Bteague: 10dpiui is still early. I didn't get my bfp until 13 dpo and I am sure (based on my betas at 14 dpo) that I implanted 6dpo. They say it can take about 7 days from implantation for hcg to be high enough for a sensitive test. I'm always surprised by a positive that early as the earliest implantation happens is at 6dpo. I would give it a couple more days.

Thanks ladies!!! I started spotting today so I may be out to try this month because I got some other news on my thyroid. I need to do a biopsy first...so I probably won't be doing another IUI until May but I'd love to hang out here!

Bteague: I didn't see any kind of line until 12dpiui and a stark white on the night of 11dpiui. So definitely still a chance! Good luck.

Lulu - sorry to hear that AF is coming. Keep us posted and hopefully they figure out what is going on with your thyroid

NovemberRayne - I'm also in a same sex relationship. Nice to have someone else join in on a similar journey.

Bteague - I have yet to do my first IUI but I have read soo many posts on different forums and many times 10dpiui is too early and people don't get their positive until day 13 or 14. There's still hope! :)

AFM... started my OPK's on Sunday, today is CD14 - last month when we did a test cycle with just meds to determine that I am ovulating I got the positive on CD 16 so should be any day now. So excited and nervous at the same time!

Star: I highly recommend Letrozole/Femara (same drug different names). It helped me and I will never use anything else. With PCOS a low carb/low sugar diet is also suggested. PCOS tends to cause insulin resistance. for those who don't know what that is: it means that we can't use carbs as energy, it usually just gets stored as fat. Not all PCOS sufferers have this but if you are overweight at all then it is a possibility. Metformin is also know to help with this. Some say it takes months for it to start helping with fertility but it works with the insulin right away.

Bteague: 10dpiui is still early. I didn't get my bfp until 13 dpo and I am sure (based on my betas at 14 dpo) that I implanted 6dpo. They say it can take about 7 days from implantation for hcg to be high enough for a sensitive test. I'm always surprised by a positive that early as the earliest implantation happens is at 6dpo. I would give it a couple more days.

thank you for the recommendations. i do eat more sugar than i should. but my diet is pretty good. i am not overweight. im not skinny either, i am just of normal weight according to my BMI. i mean, i have read i should not eat sugar at night and i do eat sugar at night. but not too much, just like some chocolate, but i eat sugar during the day too. maybe i am not serious enough with the diet. other than the sugar i am pretty good with eating lean protein, veggies, fruits and complex carbs. do you follow a specific diet? have you ever tried follistim or gonal-f?

afm: bad news, my follies did not grow with the four injections. doc gave me another set of four and i have another appointment on friday for a u/s. i feel so bad right now. has anyone here been deemed clomid resistant and moved on to injections instead of femara? i moved to injections late in the cycle b/c rather than canceling the cycle altogether after the clomid did not work, we went to the injections. they have me on a low dose so if this does not work i guess we will start off with a higher dose at the start of next cycle. i am just scared b/c i did not respond so far. maybe my ovaries just cannot ovd, i dont know. im so sad.

LuLu15: Welcome! sorry for your news.

star_e: Welcome! I also have PCOS, and do not ovulate. But I was able to do 100mg of Clomid and the Ovdriel trigger shot. I am now 11dpiui and impatiently waiting. (Regarding this question do you experience any symptoms as the follies grow?) No I did not have any symptoms, but I only had one follicle that measured 18mm. But until the day of my IUI I had no symptoms. On the day of IUI had awful cramping, which my DR. said was cause from me ovulating on top of the IUI that was just done.

Aayla: Welcome! And good luck!

beemeck: I am feeling a little down. As I took a HPT last night 10dpiui because it was there at my house from months before and I was inpatient, but I got a BFN. I have been reading that it could be to early to test yet. But still hurts when you want something so bad! AND WANT TO WISH GOO LUCK TO YOU TOO PRAYING THAT YOU GET YOU FOLLIES!

Everyone else: Can I get your input on what you think about testing 10dpiui. Do I still have hope? Or will I be doing another IUI in the months to come.

thank you for your input. i really hope this cycle works for you! im clomid resistant. and so far my ovaries are not responding to the injections either. i am on a low dose though. i dont know. i hope i get better news on friday.

thank you for the recommendations. i do eat more sugar than i should. but my diet is pretty good. i am not overweight. im not skinny either, i am just of normal weight according to my BMI. i mean, i have read i should not eat sugar at night and i do eat sugar at night. but not too much, just like some chocolate, but i eat sugar during the day too. maybe i am not serious enough with the diet. other than the sugar i am pretty good with eating lean protein, veggies, fruits and complex carbs. do you follow a specific diet? have you ever tried follistim or gonal-f?

afm: bad news, my follies did not grow with the four injections. doc gave me another set of four and i have another appointment on friday for a u/s. i feel so bad right now. has anyone here been deemed clomid resistant and moved on to injections instead of femara? i moved to injections late in the cycle b/c rather than canceling the cycle altogether after the clomid did not work, we went to the injections. they have me on a low dose so if this does not work i guess we will start off with a higher dose at the start of next cycle. i am just scared b/c i did not respond so far. maybe my ovaries just cannot ovd, i dont know. im so sad.

I haven't tried follistim or gonal-F. Only clomid and femara. the doc didn't recommend them. we went to femara when clomid didn't work. The shots are also expensive and not covered by our general medical.

I didn't follow a diet at all. Really really bad for me. I have an over eating disorder. I'm 324 lbs. When we started femara I was 279. Just at the top of the bmi range required. But after the mc I just ate my pain. I gained 50 pounds less than 5 months. I have been struggling with getting my mojo back. Now that we have decided on IUI I have to get my bmi back down or they won't do it. So today I started Hammer & Chisel (a beachbody workout program). It has a nutrition plan focuses on portion control. it's amazing. I haven't done this one before but I have done one by the same trainers.

I have to lose 50 lbs in 50 days. I'm going to working my butt off (literally :haha: )

Hello beautiful ladies!

I haven't had a lot of time but I wanted to update you all! Today is my last day of clomid (cd7) and can't wait to start using OPKs. Doc wants me to use digital ones starting on cd11. So I will, but I have a few cheapies left and plan to start sooner rather than later. Haha my only concern is he mentioned a false positive from the clomid, anyone have any experience with that?

Hope you're all well and the ones who will be doing the iui very soon I can't wait!

aayla: keep up that motivation! that's awesome. kick butt at that program! hope you meet your goal.

Hello beautiful ladies!

I haven't had a lot of time but I wanted to update you all! Today is my last day of clomid (cd7) and can't wait to start using OPKs. Doc wants me to use digital ones starting on cd11. So I will, but I have a few cheapies left and plan to start sooner rather than later. Haha my only concern is he mentioned a false positive from the clomid, anyone have any experience with that?

Hope you're all well and the ones who will be doing the iui very soon I can't wait!

I didn't have a false positive but I did notice that they were darker and harder to decifer. Though if your seasoned with doing opks and know to look for how it develops then I don't think you'll have any issues. A newbie might though. My doc wants me to do opks too but what I do is take the cheapy and if I think it's positive then I'll do the digital to verify.

ugh. another cousin having a baby. this will be #7 for their family. (3 for one cousin, 3 for another, and now 1 for sibling #3).

it's getting to be too much. it's getting so hard to see all of the pregnancies.

Good luck Aayla! Glad to see you here.

I am still waiting on my period, it's annoying I hate waiting. I want to just get started. I am hoping it gets here this weekend it should by early next week though.

Sprite- thanks for the advice that's actually a great idea. I only had a few cheapies left so I just bought a 20 pack of digital thinking "I only need 20 because I'm getting pregnant right away" hopefully that works. Lol

hi everyone! how are the girls that are already post IUI - or is it just one?? bteague??

kate - is O about to happen as expected??

femme - eek, I LOVE London!! must have been hard to move away!

aayla - it's so tough, I know. My 2 cousins and I were all pregnant at the same time, each due exactly 4 weeks apart, with me being last. It was so hard to see their babies arrive this fall. bittersweet. we are all going to have our turn, but man I'm impatient. :cry::hugs:

I started femara last night! right now I'm in a really weird spot - 50% terrified of multiples and 50% terrified of a BFN. it's really confusing. I just don't know what to think! :dohh:

well DH and I got pregnant on our first try. And when I say first try I mean we didn't use a condom and had sex twice all month (no tracking anything whatsoever). I had no idea any of this world even existed! So I'm nervous that if my doc is right, and the problem is my cervix, then we are still that really super fertile couple otherwise?! His SA came back great last week too and all of my tests are normal so I can't help but wonder.... :shrug:

I had my cd2 bloods today my estrogen was 488 with multiple simple and complex cysts. So we have to take a break. No bcp either she said my estrogen is too elevated already which sucks because I had figured if we would take a break then I wanted to go on bcp to delay af until we got back from vacation. And now it turns out that the place we wanted to go in mexico is on the zika virus list so if we go she won't do treatment for 8 weeks???? How fair is that? I'm thinking about switching doctors. She's crazy and they're advertising too much so she's so busy that I have to remind her of everything anytime I have a question. Or maybe I'm just bitter

I hope you don't mind but I'll follow along and keep my fingers crossed for you guys

Sprite- I'm sorry! I can see her reasoning but I'm not sure I'd like it!

Bee- that makes sense. My DH is convinced we're going to get pregnant in 3 months and we're having twins! Hahaha
He has identical and fraternal twins on his side, but not on mine.

NovemberRayne - I'm also in a same sex relationship. Nice to have someone else join in on a similar journey.

AFM... started my OPK's on Sunday, today is CD14 - last month when we did a test cycle with just meds to determine that I am ovulating I got the positive on CD 16 so should be any day now. So excited and nervous at the same time!

So that now makes 3 same sex couples here this month so far, its definitely nice to have others on a similar journey ☺

Good luck with the OPK's this weekend, sending lots of positive vibes your way x

okay ladies i am starting to get really nervous. i started spod its really concerning me. i feel like AF will be coming soon and that i will not get that BFP that i want. im now 12dpiui.

beemeck: i can totally understand your fear! but i am wishing you the best! hope you get your BFP!!

beemeck - I have a slight concern for multiples too! For me, I'm 26, never tried to get pregnant before and I was put on femara right away. From what I've read (which is a lot lol) the chances of multiples goes up quite a bit if you already ovulate on your own and are getting the fertility meds on top of that

Today is CD15 for me..if things are the same as last month I should be getting positive OPK tomorrow. Just a waiting game right now..can't imagine how long the two week wait will feel, I'm so impatient. Nice to have all of you ladies to chat with through it all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->