Started trying straight after loss - where are we now

Haven't changed supplements, and only changed diet to the extent of overindulging at Christmas and cutting back from the New Year. Am now not sure what is going on. Had some bright red this morning on TP first thing, but absolutely nothing since. I guess if nothing more happens today, this qualifies as spotting rather than CD1, but if thats what has happened, rather annoyingly I have told CBFM that it is CD1 so will have to reset it if AF doesn't turn up properly until Tuesday when she is expected, and lose my data again I guess.

Ok so have just done my 2nd opk and digi ! Sigh is :) and ic opk is pretty much same as this morning! So when is it that I'm meant to o??? And does ewcm come before o or during??? I can't wait to get my dark pols, it's so exciting! The house visit went brill! Think we will put in an offer, just can't beat a new build house. Nice and perfect and clean!! Hope I have a bun in oven cooking for the move!! Hope everybody's Sunday is goin good!!

Haven't changed supplements, and only changed diet to the extent of overindulging at Christmas and cutting back from the New Year. Am now not sure what is going on. Had some bright red this morning on TP first thing, but absolutely nothing since. I guess if nothing more happens today, this qualifies as spotting rather than CD1, but if thats what has happened, rather annoyingly I have told CBFM that it is CD1 so will have to reset it if AF doesn't turn up properly until Tuesday when she is expected, and lose my data again I guess.

Emum, you can easily change the CD day on your CBFM up until CD 5 as I recall, without losing any data. You just need to hold down the m button again, it should then either set it to CD1 again, or you can continue to hold it as it goes through CD 1 to 5, and back to whatever CD it would have been without ever pressing the m in the first place. Hope that makes sense!

Ok so have just done my 2nd opk and digi ! Sigh is :) and ic opk is pretty much same as this morning! So when is it that I'm meant to o??? And does ewcm come before o or during??? I can't wait to get my dark pols, it's so exciting! The house visit went brill! Think we will put in an offer, just can't beat a new build house. Nice and perfect and clean!! Hope I have a bun in oven cooking for the move!! Hope everybody's Sunday is goin good!!

Tara, my ICs last month never got darker than your pics. But I did get multiple :D on the CB digi, so I trust that! Under the smep plan, they say to DTD every day for three straight days once you get a positive opk, skip the fourth day and do it again for good measure on fifth day.

This is moving so fast, I cant keep up! (Im more of a lurker than a poster to be honest!!) very heartening to see so many people who have gone through similar things supporting each other and keeping us all positive.......my mantra at the moment is 2012 is a good year for us! :)
This is my first month using the cb digi opk, and normally i Ov round cd 11 (although i dont temp, thats going by ewcm and the time i got pg last) but this month im now cd 15 and still no smiley face............I did night shift for 3 nihgts cd 7,8 & 9, do you think this could have confused my hormones????? this is my 6th (well 5th really, but im assuming im out this month too since no ov) cycle since mc, and its all gettng rather frustrating!

You could have had a very short surge at the normal time so the OPKs missed it, or be having a cycle when you don't ovulate at all (most women have one or two of these a year apparently), or the night shifts cold have delayed things. It's frustrating but no real way to tell. It's also possible you surged before you started testing (if you actually ovulate on Cd11, you would see your surge around CD9. When did you start testing from and how many times a day have you been checking?

just get to bd'ing and you're bound to get ample swimmers in there :haha: i'm just waiting on my temp rise because i may not get a heavy line... then the dreaded 2ww >__<#

Arg the 2ww...and it doesn't end with a BFP either! Once you get that second line you have another 2ww if you have an early scan booked, and if you can't get an early one its a 8ww! Mines a 3ww, as they want to scan me at 7 weeks. I'll not be 7 weeks then though, because I did not O on the 'normal' CD14. I have to keep that in mind when I go and not panic when they say I don't appear to be quite 7 weeks! :wacko:

Thanks for words of wisdom Emum, Iv only been checking once a day, cb digi's are expensive!! but think i need to get me some of the ones from internet then i can test more often, especially cos i do nights every 2nd weekend :) hopefully this is just a funny cycle, cant decide if i need to obsess more or less over this ttc business.....to temp or not to temp. I started testing day 8, might need to get another box cos think i used the last one today!
Is morning or afternoon the best time to test?

Afternoon or evening is said to be better, but my FS used to recommend twice a day, mid morning and late afternoon/early evening. FMU is not very good for this.

I personally use CBFM in the morning and OPKs in afternoon from my first high to make sure I don't miss the surge.

I tested twice a day, and I'm glad because I had a surge of less than 24 hours and might well have missed it! Only ever did it with fmu after a + though, to confirm the surge was over.

Guess what? This is my third official day of taking low dose asprin, and I just realised I haven't had a single heart palpitation since, and I was having a few episodes of palpitations per day before that. :happydance:

Emum, you can easily change the CD day on your CBFM up until CD 5 as I recall, without losing any data. You just need to hold down the m button again, it should then either set it to CD1 again, or you can continue to hold it as it goes through CD 1 to 5, and back to whatever CD it would have been without ever pressing the m in the first place. Hope that makes sense!

it did, and it worked! Thank you.

Arg the 2ww...and it doesn't end with a BFP either! Once you get that second line you have another 2ww if you have an early scan booked, and if you can't get an early one its a 8ww! Mines a 3ww, as they want to scan me at 7 weeks. I'll not be 7 weeks then though, because I did not O on the 'normal' CD14. I have to keep that in mind when I go and not panic when they say I don't appear to be quite 7 weeks! :wacko:

i know - i wish it was as simple as bd on fertile days and BAM! bfp... but no. i don't feel very hopeful for this cycle either -sigh- good you're getting an early scan. i doubt i will

Would you consider postponing your scan for a week Lozdi. if you have it when it is scheduled, even if everything is OK, you are very likely to only see a sac and no heartbeat, and be told that you may well have had an early miscarriage but to come back in a week for a rescan to be sure. That will be hard to hear, even if you have had no bleeding and know in your own heart that you are only just 6 weeks.

My OB will only do reassurance scans at 7 weeks as that is when you can reliably detect a heartbeat. Any earlier, unless there has been bleeding, just causes unnecessary stress and heartache.

With my 3 successful ones, I had a scan at 6 weeks with my first and they did see a heartbeat. I had a scan at the same point with number 2 and they didn't but it was there a week later when they called me back. That week of waiting and worrying was very hard. With my third, I was scanned at 7 weeks and the heartbeat was seen immediately.

is it routine to book a scan after someone has suffered a MC?

is it routine to book a scan after someone has suffered a MC?

No unfortunately not. Lozdi has managed to negotiate an NHS one with her midwife but they are hard to come by. Mine have all been privately paid for.

ah ok - i was just wondering :) i think i may go for a private scan this time around at 7 weeks. i did with Pixie and it gave me such a sense of relief

They wouldn't have even entertained the idea of scanning me early if it wasn't for the time involved between fetal demise and discovery- roughly 5 weeks, 4 at the least, nor would I feel the need for an early scan if I'd had a 'normal' mc. I don't want to call them and chop and change, I just accepted when they wanted me in. I presume they said 7 weeks from LMP rather than 6 for the very same reason that I expect to not see a 7 week jobby. Given I have had the +3 on the digi there should be something visible even if its only just. I'm pretty skinny at this point so they should have no trouble seeing something, unless I am tilted and no one's said anything about it yet! My midwife had nothing at all to do with getting the early scan, it as all down to the epau. The midwifes in nottingham appear to have no say at all about scans. I am very prepared for them not seeing anything at all, what with my confidence getting destroyed after last time. The way I see it is this: If they see something then brilliant, but if they don't well I already expect bad news. I know it sounds terribly pessimistic, but its a mechanism I developed to deal with other problems, and now I'm using that mechanism for pregnancy too. I will be 32 dpo at the scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->