Sticking Together Until We All Get BFP's!!!!

I'm here :) took ovulation tests on Sunday and Tuesday both have been darker then the control line for 3 days! and def ovulated Sunday as I had left ovary pain all day. Will be using an hCG test around March 1-3! Glad to have a support system of others ttc!!

Welcome Megs... FX you get a :bfp: by then..... How long have you been TTC'ing, if i may ask?

I'm here :) took ovulation tests on Sunday and Tuesday both have been darker then the control line for 3 days! and def ovulated Sunday as I had left ovary pain all day. Will be using an hCG test around March 1-3! Glad to have a support system of others ttc!!

Welcome!!! Fx fx fx!!!

Awe thank you all!! Baby dust to all! We have been trying for 3 months, the last two months kicked it up to opk testing and everything. I don't do the bbt but if I don't get a BFP I will def start!

Hope you get your :bfp: soon but if not, temping will help you know your cycle even more.. :sex: timing, when you clearly O, how long your luteal phase is whether it's healthy or not, and your overall cycle pattern... Few temping cycles will help you when to take a test as well if you're not one of the early testers.... You're in the perfect thread for TTC and non-TTC related issues.... I'm Daphne btw... My username is mouthful. :haha:

I'm Pamela and I'm pro temping :D
Daphne, Wishing and Aidensmommy strong armed me nicely into it and opks. 1st month using both got me my BFP so I'll be them forever grateful for that!

Hopefully you won't need temping due to BFP coming 1st :D

Hi Daphne! Obviously my name is Megan, I'm 25 and from Canada!

I have been using an app on my phone for two months tracking CM, AF, OPK, BD and all the symptoms, food etc! It's an amazing app which helped me to figure out when I test! I never thought id get a positive opk but I was so happy to!

I stopped BC pill in October and had AF approx every 32 days Oct 22, nov 23, dec 24 but then I missed January all together and thought I was pregnant, tested a lot with many BFN! And now this month I was waiting to get AF to start tracking my cycle again. But when I tested with OPK and got a huge definitive Positive for ovulation I was shocked that I would even ovulate after missing AF all together! We BD twice the night before I got a pos opk, once the night if tested and then skipped a day and bd again!

Sorry for such a long winded reply, it's just nice to talk to people who were also ttc! Any advice or suggestions are welcome! By the way Inuit took another opk and it was very faint like, neg. so my surge lasted from the 15th to the 17th.

Hi Pamela! I def will take the advice of the bbt if this month turns out to be BFN! How long where you ttc before becoming pregnant Daphne, Pamela?

:hi: Megan.... I got confused.... You mean your last period was December 24th? And nothing? Then you O'ed? Are you sure you're not preggers? Did you go to the doc to get checked? I have a friend who gave birth last September 2014. Her last period was December 2013. No period on January, she tested negative. February another negative... March still negative, she then went to the doctor and found out her baby is measuring 12weeks already....

As per your positive OPKS, me, wishing and jess tried to use digital OPKs late first tri, and we all got Solid Smiley (Positive) readings...

Me and DH got married in July 2010, 10 mos before that we are living together so NTNP. August '10 - May 2012 DH is abroad so on break... He had a month of vacation in June 2012 (I was on Clomid), tried but missed my O. He went back overseas until I followed in October 2013. Since then we were actively TTC'ing. October 2014, we got our :bfp: 2 days before i celebrate my 1 year here with him. It's like since we got married, we missed 3 years due to being apart and had a one full year TTC'ing.

BTW, there's one more Megan in this thread who's just waiting for her LO any day now....

Oh, about temping I started it in May 2014 and conceive on 5th cycle temping.

Yay two Megan's waiting together!

And yes you are correct my last period was Dec 23 2014. Missed jan and took tests from the day I missed until until Feb 7th with BFNs. Also started again with OPK and got BFN until feb 15th until feb 17th. On the first pos opk I had sharp pain in left ovary for the whole day and feb 16th my nipples became sensitive and sore, still are!

I haven't went to the dr.s yet because I thought maybe it was a fluke missed period from wanting a BFP so bad? But hearing about your friend makes me think I should go! Did her doctor have to do a blood test to show pos results?

Awe thank you all!! Baby dust to all! We have been trying for 3 months, the last two months kicked it up to opk testing and everything. I don't do the bbt but if I don't get a BFP I will def start!

welcome!!! I def hope u get ur BFP asap! I strongly recommend temping as soon as possible as well tho. Its the key home tool u could have for TTC, as opks dont actually tell u if u have oed or not and many women will surge and get a positive OPK but then O will delay and then they'll surge again for true O, days or even weeks later. It takes at least 2 cycles temping before u can truly pinpoint O so thats the only reason I recommend it soon than later. Of ur temping, u BD during ur suspected fertile period until u see a 3 day rise and ull know for sure u caught O. Sry I'm a charting addict! I like it better than opks to be honest, less stressful! Lol. Anyway, i hope u get ur BFP this cycle! Fx!

Hi Pamela! I def will take the advice of the bbt if this month turns out to be BFN! How long where you ttc before becoming pregnant Daphne, Pamela?

We were NTNP for 5 months and then DH said he think we should wait a while longer before really going at it and full on ttc.

I couldn't just switch off like that so I snuck in opks and temping like a ninja without him knowing. So he was NTNP and I was trying :haha:
I had fun though trying to seduce him during my fertile window because I couldn't let on that I was ovulation etc.

Anyhow I got my BFP on cycle nr 6

Thanks for the advice! Seems to be a popular thing bbt! It can't hurt to track one more thing! I have been tracking CM, AF, OPK and symptoms but It would be nice to have een more accurate results with bbt! I don't know too much about it but I'll def read up about it all! I am assuming you can't use a normal home thermometer and that you need a special one specific for this? Can you get them at a local drugstore, pharmacy?

You are up early, Mary!!! Hope everything is ok :hugs:

Very sorry about temp drop, laura :(

For some reason I woke up feeling wide awake an hr early today. I went to bed pretty late too. Maybe all this excitement is starting to affect my sleep! :haha:.

My chart looks pretty darn good and if its not due to a miraculous BFP, its got to be that my stress has lessened ALOT since we learned about our IVF coverage. Maybe stress causes tons of dips in the TWW for me..? Idk!

Lol! Like a ninja! You're awesome! Congrats to you both!! He's lucky to have such a stealthy woman

While I was searching I found this link someone posted... Its a calculator which adjusts your bbt to a different temp if you tested earlier or later than usual. I put my temp where I took it 4 hrs late and it put it to .2 degrees higher.... Very curious!

https://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

Just be careful with the adjusters because I know for me, my temp doesn't really make ASA much of a difference as they say and sometimes its much more. My RE actually just told me that taking it and using ur actual wake up temp is more accurate than the calculators. My first cycles doing BBT I too used that same site but u started noticing that those sites just didn't work for me. Its completely ok to use it in the TWW since a single temp doesn't matter much, many women do, just be careful before O because it can make it look like u have higher pre-O temps which could make it harder to pinpoint ur O rise. If possible, its best to try and wake at the same time for ur temp, even if u fall RIGHT back to sleep. I just keep my phone or a piece of paper next to my bedside and that way if I want to sleep more, I can :) lol. Just wanted u to be aware that the temp adjustments def differ for everyone but who knows, it may work much better for u then it did me!

Anyway, can't wait to see ur temp today! FX!

Okay thank you I'll just stick to my normal temps. Sometimes its hard because my will wake up wanting a bottle and he will keep pushing my shoulder rocking me in my sleep like last time lol or like today my father in law turns on all the lights and makes so much noise cooking...then it wakes me son up and then he won't stop trying to get me to wake up. So I couldn't sleep for about 30 mins but I never got up I stayed laying in the same position, plus its vaginally so not much difference I hope not. So far my chart is a nice little pattern I'm waiting for a big spike or dip!! Lol

EDIT: OOO Mary your chart looks awesome!!! :) So jealous lol...

Thanks for the advice! Seems to be a popular thing bbt! It can't hurt to track one more thing! I have been tracking CM, AF, OPK and symptoms but It would be nice to have een more accurate results with bbt! I don't know too much about it but I'll def read up about it all! I am assuming you can't use a normal home thermometer and that you need a special one specific for this? Can you get them at a local drugstore, pharmacy?

You will want a BBT thermometer. You can find then in the "baby making" section at any pharmacy :). I'm really glad ur going to temp! For many healthy, fertile couples, they just have timing off and temping is key to timing BDing while TTCA, it truly is. I do hope u get ur BFP first tho! But if the mean witch comes, u temp every a.m at the same time...u can set an alarm, temp before getting out of bed or anything ans just keep a piece or paper or something at ur bedside incase u want to go back to sleep..and u can start right at the beginning of ur cycle or u can wait til AF calms down if u temp vaginally which is highly recommended for more accurate results but mouth works too if ur not an open mouth breather. If u need anything else answered about temping or anything, I know one of us are prepared with an answer for u! :) I'm Mary by the way :)

Welcome and baby dust to you FX you get your BFP soon! This is my 4th month TTC, this is my first time charting and I LOVE IT!!!! These ladies talked me into it once I got my BFN last cycle, they are amazing! As for the bbt thermometer I bought mine for about 9 bucks at Walmart, others said they got theirs at places like CVS and Walgreens...not sure which other places sell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->