Symptoms by DPO. AF or BFP??? (please read first post)

Thought I ovulated on the 19th. DTD everyday from 15-19th, 21st, and a few times up until 28th. I have had cramps everyday since 20th along with some other symptoms (bloating, backaches) AF is due in 2 days, but today I started bleeding out of nowhere (not too light but not heavy). I always get light pink when I wipe a day or 2 before I get AF, except this time. I was really hoping this would be the month :( going to wait and see how long bleeding lasts.

Now I am confused. So I read if your cycle is 28 days (like mine) you ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period. So if I ovulated on the 20th (my last period started on the 6th) then my next period would come on the 3rd (not 2nd like I thought) and if this is my period, it is 3 days early. If that’s the case, I have been a day behind on my tracking. I’d be 11dpo today and started bleeding today, knowing it could be my period, still going to wait and see how long it lasts. I track my period every month and it always starts on the day my tracker says. It is never early.

Now I am confused. So I read if your cycle is 28 days (like mine) you ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period. So if I ovulated on the 20th (my last period started on the 6th) then my next period would come on the 3rd (not 2nd like I thought) and if this is my period, it is 3 days early. If that’s the case, I have been a day behind on my tracking. I’d be 11dpo today and started bleeding today, knowing it could be my period, still going to wait and see how long it lasts. I track my period every month and it always starts on the day my tracker says. It is never early.

It’s a bit confusing but that’s actually an outdated way of tracking ovulation, as you follicular phase (the time between the start of your period and the day you ovulate) can vary, whereas your luteal phase (from o day till the start of next period “or two week wait”) is always going to be the same amount of days. So yes in a perfect world the average 28 day cycle is about half and half (14 days FP and 14 days LP), but unfortunately for us the only true way of knowing the amount of time between o day and the start of your period is memorizing your body over time.

I thought I was O-ing the 14th day of every cycle too for a long time because I had a 28 day cycle and that’s what I’ve been told like you. But nothing was happening. And I would be late some cycles and early some and be totally confused. Then I started tracking ovulation, and counting the amount of days between confirmed ovulation day and whatever day I started my period that month. Turns out my LP was ALWAYS 15 days, but sometimes I Od on CD 12 and only had a 27 day cycle, while other times I Od anywhere up to cd18 and had a 33 day cycle.

Just keep tracking and learn your body, and it will all make sense. Best of luck to you, I’m hoping it’s just late implantation bleeding and not af! Keeping my finger crossed! :thumbup:

It’s a bit confusing but that’s actually an outdated way of tracking ovulation, as you follicular phase (the time between the start of your period and the day you ovulate) can vary, whereas your luteal phase (from o day till the start of next period “or two week wait”) is always going to be the same amount of days. So yes in a perfect world the average 28 day cycle is about half and half (14 days FP and 14 days LP), but unfortunately for us the only true way of knowing the amount of time between o day and the start of your period is memorizing your body over time.

I thought I was O-ing the 14th day of every cycle too for a long time because I had a 28 day cycle and that’s what I’ve been told like you. But nothing was happening. And I would be late some cycles and early some and be totally confused. Then I started tracking ovulation, and counting the amount of days between confirmed ovulation day and whatever day I started my period that month. Turns out my LP was ALWAYS 15 days, but sometimes I Od on CD 12 and only had a 27 day cycle, while other times I Od anywhere up to cd18 and had a 33 day cycle.

Just keep tracking and learn your body, and it will all make sense. Best of luck to you, I’m hoping it’s just late implantation bleeding and not af! Keeping my finger crossed! :thumbup:

Thank you! Just sucks after getting my hopes up after having symptoms during the tww.

Thank you! Just sucks after getting my hopes up after having symptoms during the tww.

Yeah, I swear every cycle feels like it’s for sure, and then Mother Nature has to go and make things even harder by adding early/late periods that make you think “I knew this cycle was weird!” Annnnd then the blood gets heavy and you’re left cursing Mother Nature once again. Hang in there girl, it will happen! Keep writing down your day to day symptoms so every cycle you’ll know what you shouldn’t look into and what is abnormal. It’s hard tracking because I felt like every cycle there was a new symptom but then af would still show, and they were only new because I hadn’t noticed until I read someone else’s symptoms. But still just believe it WILL happen eventually! Keep updating! I still hope it’s just implantation though!

Yeah, I swear every cycle feels like it’s for sure, and then Mother Nature has to go and make things even harder by adding early/late periods that make you think “I knew this cycle was weird!” Annnnd then the blood gets heavy and you’re left cursing Mother Nature once again. Hang in there girl, it will happen! Keep writing down your day to day symptoms so every cycle you’ll know what you shouldn’t look into and what is abnormal. It’s hard tracking because I felt like every cycle there was a new symptom but then af would still show, and they were only new because I hadn’t noticed until I read someone else’s symptoms. But still just believe it WILL happen eventually! Keep updating! I still hope it’s just implantation though!

Yes exactly! It’s weird too because this is the first time I’ve ever had any type of symptoms. Every single cycle of mine has been the same since I can remember.. af comes on the exact day that my tracker says, I always get crampy 1-2 days before af along with light pink when I wipe before af actually starts. This month, I had cramping for the entire tww, along with my other symptoms, and then af was early (never happens to me) and this time no light pink when I wipe. That is what is throwing me off. Maybe because it is my first time tracking O and first month actually ttc?

Yes exactly! It’s weird too because this is the first time I’ve ever had any type of symptoms. Every single cycle of mine has been the same since I can remember.. af comes on the exact day that my tracker says, I always get crampy 1-2 days before af along with light pink when I wipe before af actually starts. This month, I had cramping for the entire tww, along with my other symptoms, and then af was early (never happens to me) and this time no light pink when I wipe. That is what is throwing me off. Maybe because it is my first time tracking O and first month actually ttc?
Maybe? When I started tracking it was to prevent, and every month for like 4 months I would get something I SWORE was out of the ordinary, but then af would show. And then she would come late or early and I’d be like “I’m always regular this must mean I’m pregnant!” And then af would come into full swing and I’d be like “Ahhh never in’s I guess it was af.”

This cycle was pretty much no different than other cycles. There were only a few things that struck me as out of ordinary, but I wasn’t sure if it was normal or not since every cycle it seems like I notice a new symptom. I even told the dr when they were sending me in for the urine test “I’m probably going to start right when I go to pee into the cup, I’m cramping like normal before my period so I have a feeling my luck I’ll start right when I’m wiping!” And they laughed and said that’s their luck too. But it ended up being positive!

Point is don’t rely too much on what is or isn’t normal, because the honest truth is sometimes it won’t feel any different and you’ll be pregnant, sometimes it’ll be the weirdest most nonsense cycle ever and af will show. Don’t stress too much, if it’s a bfp or a bfn then it’s going to be a bfp or a bfn no matter how much checking you do.

Best of luck! Keep updating of course, I’d love to find out if/when it ends up being a bfp!!!

Also, today I have been having a twingy pain behind/next to my belly button and tingly boobs. 2 symptoms that I had during tww and never had either during af. Anyone else have these symptoms during their period?

Sorry, maybe TMI.. I’m about 15dpo today. Expected AF to come yesterday, but started bleeding 3 days ago (never had AF come early). Medium flow for 2 days, then yesterday and today very light flow, almost non existent. Still not sure if it is AF or if it could be implantation bleed despite the medium flow. I’ve had lower abdominal cramping for about 2 weeks (since 1dpo if I am tracking right). Also having tingly sensation in boobs/nipples, mostly the left) and a twingy, pulling sensation next to/behind belly button and super bloated. Can anyone relate and ended up getting a BFP?? I am going to test in a week.

Last edited:
Sorry, maybe TMI.. I’m about 15dpo today. Expected AF to come yesterday, but started bleeding 3 days ago (never had AF come early). Medium flow for 2 days, then yesterday and today very light flow, almost non existent. Still not sure if it is AF or if it could be implantation bleed despite the medium flow. I’ve had lower abdominal cramping for about 2 weeks (since 1dpo if I am tracking right). Also having tingly sensation in boobs/nipples, mostly the left) and a twingy, pulling sensation next to/behind belly button and super bloated. Can anyone relate and ended up getting a BFP?? I am going to test in a week.
They say if it’s implantation then there shouldn’t be enough blood to fill a tampon or pad. However that’s not always the case and there have been women who got BFPs after several days of bleeding. I hope that’s you’re case as well! If symptoms continue the next few days, then test 3-4 days from now. If it was implantation then a home test should be able to pick up on the HCG within 3 days. Best of luck! Keep updating no matter which way it goes!

Not sure if I'm posting in correct place #-o

Hi ladies can any one help please;

I'm around 6dpo and I'm lying in bed and these sudden sharp pains came on from my uterus area like cramps strongish lasting a minute or 2 then going then waiting a few mins and happening again, now I just have full aches any ideas in worried

I also have pcos I'll be so shocked if I ovulated on my own my period started up again 4 days after starting 5mg of folic acid because of a deficiency, but apparently my FSH and progesterone hormones were normal!

This thread is absolutely wonderful! I made it my go to this cycle and last for symptom checking and I thought it was very interesting to see that everyone's symptoms varied, but most had similar symptoms at some point during their TWW.

I'm happy to say we got our :bfp: this month and I hope my sharing of symptoms and other info can help others while symptom checking during the ever lasting TWW!

0DPO/1DPO - During ovulation had very strong ovulation cramping. Reminded me of contractions tbh! They were intense and painful at times, but I felt like my body was working its magic to make an egg drop!

2DPO - light cramping.

3DPO - light cramping, slight headache and sore nipples.

4DPO - Cramping, slightly sore nipples.

5DPO - cramping, sore nipples, heartburn, tired.

6DPO- cramping, nipples becoming even more sore, breasts are also starting to become a little sore, tired.

7DPO - cramping, very sore boobs and nipples, feeling exhausted, a but emotional.

8 DPO - cramping, sore boobs, heartburn, tired and going to bed before my children fall asleep.

9DPO - some cramping, very sore boobs, had trouble sleeping but feel like I could sleep all day, very emotional, heartburn, a little nausea during the day and evening. Took first FRER and got a faint :bfp:.

10/11DPO - cramping, sore boobs, heartburn, very tired. Took two more tests, lines becoming darker each time!! :bfp:

12DPO - some cramping, sore boobs, sore lower back, heartburn, very tired. Took a digital today and it confirmed pregnant :) :bfp:

13DPO through current - symptoms have only become more intense. Breasts are super sore and sensitive. I feel very exhausted most of the day and am having some trouble sleeping. Frequent urination is making it's way in too. Cramping is not as bad anymore, but still having some minor cramps occasionally. Cervix is very high and closed.

Best of luck to all of you TTC! I am crossing my fingers and sending lots of baby dust to you all! <3
:dust:

bumping this thread because it truly is very interesting to read during the tww!!

This thread absolutely helped me during my TWW. So here are my symptoms:
Ov day: Ovary Pain. High BBT
1 dpo: Diarrhea (I actually read somewhere that "conception diarrhea is a thing, who knew)
2dpo -7dpo: left ovary pain, sniffles and fatigue.
8dpo: A wave of nausea. Lasted for like 1 minute or 2
9dpo-11dpo: Ovary pain stopped. Felt like crap in the morning when i woke up, noticed that my boobs were not hurting (which usually happens like a week before AF till AF). Minor cramping like AF was on its way. On 10 dpo, I was awoken by a mild cramp in my uterine area, I thought it was indigestion. could have been implantation cramps
12dpo: Minor cramping. High temperature. Felt like I was coming down with the flu.
13dpo: woke up to test and got a glaring :bfp:

One thing that made me know I was pregnant was the absence of pre AF symptoms like tender boobs. Now I am at 19dpo and they hurt like hell.

Wishing anyone going through this thread and hoping/praying for a BFP their heart desires. sending lots of baby dust to you all:dust:

Hay ladies wishing u all in the 2ww that come across this lots of baby dust.

O day
pain in my right ovary area and tender to touch. Low backache and generally feeling off.
Tiredness
1DPO to 8DPO
nothing to much but noticed I had a very increased sence of smell.
Nazel congestion.
Twinges in my right overy area that came and went and then in my left hand side.
Rising basal body temp. Very mild waves of nausea here and there. Not all the time.
Right breast was tender.
9DPO to 10DPO
Rising basal body temp. Left and right breast tenderness.
Mild AF cramping and lower backache.
Sudden sharp stabbing pains in the right overy and uterus area that came and went.
11DPO
Feeling like I'm out. Feeling Like AF is about to start.
Did a clear blue HPT and got a faint BFP.
Did another HPT this time the First response early response. I did the test in the afternoon and had a blazing BFP.

Good luck ladies :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"