Team:- on a weight loss mission

Well done on the 8lb loss scrunchie hopefully you haven't been as bad as you thought you might have just maintained your current weight, i know what you mean about easter though i have 2 sons so i know theres going to be loads of easter eggs in the house from family its going to kill me.
Good luck with your workout Blondenklutz and well done with the walk i need to start exercising as well but the thought terrifies me, although i've just worked out to be at my perfect weight i need to lose 98lb's so if that thought doesn't kick me up the backside and make me lose weight then nothing will, no wonder i can't get pregnant x

I think I need to lose about 45 pounds berniep. We can do it!
Do you know what? I think not exercising is my downfall. I walk to work every day and home for lunch as well (I live about 10 minutes from work) but I literally do no other excerise.
I am gonna brave going swimming, although I can't remember if I can still swim! I find the thought of myself in a swimsuit repulsive though, which is probably why I haven't been for so many years... plus I have a few scars from when I self-harmed. :(
My sister and I are also going to start going to a swing dance thing on a monday as well. I have always been fascinated by that era! Maybe that will help kick start me. I think I need to be doing something that I can enjoy or it will be too much of a chore for me to go.
My boss bought us all an easter egg today as well. It was a lovely gesture but argh! DH had most of it and I allowed myself a little bit of it as well.
We're visiting my dad and his partner (it seems weird saying 'partner' but girlfriend sounds even weirder!) for Easter and I am gonna get offered a lot of food I think... Oh well!

Keep up the good work girls!

:hug:

xxx

Yeah i know what you mean about the swimsuit thing i have another excuse for not going swimming i regularly have my hair coloured and at the moment the underneath section is pink/purple with my usual blonde on top anyway my pink runs in water so if i go swimming which isn't very often i have to wear a swim cap so not only do i look fat in my cossie i look completely rediculous in a swim cap too not a pretty sight believe me lol. It sounds as though you've got some good exercising planned and you already do alot of walking good on you, i'm making my hubby get my exercise bike out of the shed so i can cycle while watching the soaps its a start at least and then i'll look into other stuff to do.
I also know what you mean about the dad's partner/girlfriend thing my mum and dad only split up a few years ago and they both got new partners within a year my mum has now married her's so i've now got a stepdad in my 20's but i never know what to call my dad's long-term partner either when i'm talking about her obviously i use her name when i'm talking to her or to someone who knows her lol x

I know exactly what you mean about the girlfriend/partner thing too. My OH's dad has a long term partner too, but partner just feels...strange to say. Of course it is the same with Anthony and I. We aren't married, but we are in a committed relationship, just delaying marraige for finacial reasons.

And I have to ask... what is a cossie? I'm assuming it is a swimsuit...

Yeah a swimsuit Blondenklutz i forget not everyone on here is used to how us English/yorkshire folk speak sorry x

How is everyone today? i'm going to have my willpower tested today the kids want to make easter rice crispy buns to take to their grandma's when we go for tea tommorrow and its going to take a lot of willpower not to eat them lol but i can't deprive the kids so i'll have to be strong x

Lol, its ok. I assumed, but wanted to make sure lol. I'm guilty of the same thing. I forget that pretty much no one else on here speaks Oklahoman.:dohh:

I'm gonna work hard today. I think I was kinda bad yesterday, but I'm not sure on the calories because I cooked at home last night. It was good though, stuffed pasta. Ok, so not terribly healthy but I didn't eat too much. Portion control is what kills me.

I have been so naughty today we went to mil for tea and it was a buffet so the usual diet disasters like pork pie, vol au vents etc nothing diet friendly at all and i couldn't be rude and not eat plus i was starving so i had a few bits but not a load, but then the kids wanted everyone to have one of the buns they made so i had one then mil handed round some other little cakes and i had one of them too and then to make matters worse she then got a strawberry gateaux out and you've guessed it i had a bit of that as well i'm so naughty i'm probably going to be the first person at slimming world to gain weight in their first week how bad would that be? x

Aww hun its ok! We all have those days. On Fridays, they put out donuts at work. Sigh. Killed me yesterday. And on Saturdays, there is candy. Lots of candy up front for the cashiers. And of course I had some of that tonight. But I ate way way less than I usually do.

But things could be worse. I am still losing so I'm ok. I'm a bit bad and let my wii fit weigh me more often than I should. Call me crazy, but I think my ankles have gotten slimmer. Lol. Sounds crazy, but even my OH agrees. Just seems like a weird place to lose weight since I have strangely small legs for my body size.

At least i know i'm not the only one to have bad days, we are going to my dads for tea today so god only knows what will happen there i'm doomed this week, i really need to make a huge effort after the weekend otherwise i will have gained weight.
Hope your all ok? x

Hi girls! How is everyone? Made it trough easter OK?

Well, I'm a bit down....Got on the scales this morning and...nothing...still the same weight. And my ONLY sin this week was a chocolate egg, and a small one too....booohooo. I was so mad that I actually ate a bag of crisps this afternoon. Bad, I know, but what can you do. If a whole week of eating healthy & excercise won't make me loose weight, what will?
Maybe I need to eat more instead of less? Healthy stuff ofcourse, no more crisps, it was a one-time slip I promise!!

Hi everyone, how are you all today? good luck with weigh in Lilminx, yeah it is good to eat more healthy foods when you are peckish its good to keep your metabolism going.
I've got my first weigh in tonight and i'm dreading it, i've really struggled to get into the plan and plus i've been unwell (very poorly today in fact) and i feel bloated and crappy so i know i'll have gained weight, but at least if i go and i have gained i know where i stand and i can try harder this week rather than not knowing and then trying really hard next week and this weeks gain spoiling next weeks results if you know what i mean? x

Omg, omg, omg i lost 4lb's i can't believe i actually lost weight after having such a bad week, i'll just have to work extra hard this week to make sure all my naughty sins don't catch up with me at next weeks weigh in x

Hello Ladies
How are you all today? I've decided to put ttc on hold till i'm back to the weight i was when i conceived my 2nd son that way i will be half way to my final goal weight and i know i had no problems during my pregnancy when i conceived at that weight i just think i'm risking having health problems during pregnancy if i conceive at this weight, so after losing 4lb's yesterday i now have 45lb's to go, hopefully the fact that i am now putting off ttc a much wanted baby will be a huge incentive to stick to the slimming world plan x

Well done berniep! Keep it up.

Half a pound loss for me again this week. Not feeling great at the moment though so I may have a blow out this week.

xxx

Well done Lilminx another half a pound to your goal and i don't blame you if you do have a blow out i think when you aren't feeling yourself you sometimes need to forget your dieting and comfort eat for a bit you can always get straight back onto the diet, i think everything i did wrong last week will catch up with me when i weigh in again on Tuesday, i started off really good yesterday but then blew it and had some quality street and 2 breakaways last night cause i was bored and do you know what i didn't enjoy them as much as i thought i would in fact i made myself feel sick i ate that much and then to make it worse when i was half asleep this morning i automatically put sugar on my weetabix and didn't even think about what i'd done till i'd eaten them so now i'm going to have to work extra hard to keep the 4lb's off i'm doomed.
How is everyone else?

So I am officially up to 11 lbs, but I think I kinda screwed up yesterday. Hopefully today goes better. My OH has been great though, he cooks less, which means I eat less, and we are both working harder to eat more fruits and veggies and less junk.

Well done Blondenklutzi, i think i've messed it up this week i'm going to really have to work hard for the next couple of days to keep the 4lb's off.
How is everyone?

Hello everyone, how are you all today? we went to my friends birthday party last night and as i couldn't drink cause of the antibiotics i'm on i had coke and it wasn't till i come home i realised i didn't have diet coke i can't believe i forgot plus i had some party food as well so i definately messed up this week i'm dreading my weigh in x

Well I was on a tour to paris with some students from school over Easter midterm. Hadn't weighed myself in 2weeks. With easter and all the ridiculous stodgy food and toblerones I ate in paris :rofl: . . . plus the hand-made chocolates and croissants :rofl: . . . I gained 4lbs :cry: Gutted! But it's totally my own fault.
:muaha: Eat the chocolate. Don't eat the chocolate! Willpower was out the window!
Students didn't help though as they would only eat in certain restaurants and that limited my ability to chose healthy food . . .
All the chocolate on the other hand was my own doing :blush:
Ah well, back to the drawing board! :dohh:
Back to school 2day so routine has been re-established. Had an excellent day so far - Porridge, Strawberries (snack) and chicken salad. Going home now to vegetable stirfry and seeing as the weather is good, a nice long walk on the beach with my hubby! :happydance:
Well done and best of luck to everyone else!
:hug:

We all have set backs especially when chocolate is involved just think if it wasn't invented we'd all be slim lol, don't worry about it you've done well today and your off for a walk at least you haven't given up completely x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->