Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Lune: I hear ya on skipping some days here and there. My temps are never taken at the same time. Have fun with DH and catch that egg!

Rojo: poor little one is now on meds :( Hope everyone is feeling better very soon

Hopin: I'm with the other ladies and think you're 6dpo. So hard for a POAS-addict not to know when to test :hugs: Hit the dollar store sometime this week and don't feel guility for testing on either date.

I finally got my crosshairs today and so i O'ed on Saturday (CD13) which makes much more sense to me. I'm 3dpo today, right with Hopin but not TTC this month. I did pee on just one O stick on Thurs morning and it was getting very dark, think the next one that night or Friday morning would have been positive. Since I'm not trying this month it was nice to just see how this whole temping thing works... with having to do IUI's the tempting is a few days behind and I must go by Opk only.... but I really want to see how the end of the month will look :)

My apt is in 5hrs and I have been thinking more and more about the injections. I've really warmed up to the idea of it.... I also have to see how much all of it will cost. Depending on how many US's ($125 ea) and cost of meds (??). Just some more things to think about

Update!! Iam triggering tmrw and IUI Friday morning�� So excited iam feeling really good about it.

What's new with everyone else?

So exciting Manda!!! Time to be trigger happy and keeping our FX for you!

Great Manda!! Exciting!

Ajd how did it go with the RE today?!

RE Update:

We chatted for a little while the last four cycles to give him a better feel that what he was only able to read in my chart. After discussing many options and the risks of multiples we came up with a plan that you can add to the front page:

June 25th: HSG to see if my tubes are partially blocked, which he doesn't think I would be a likely candidate for but after not being able to conceive again he wants to rule it out.

CD2-6: Femara
CD7: start taking Menopur at 75IU, follow US to determine dose changes and trigger shot

He and I were both nervous about jumping straight to injectables with the response that I had to Clomid. We agreed that taking this bridging method (which I just happen to have read about last night) of Orals first followed by Low Dose injections might just work beautifully for me. The Femara gave me a nice count of only 2 follies last month and the the injections will help them mature into a great size follie. This slow approach to introducing my body to injections makes me much more comfortable with the whole process. I'm feeling really good about my visit and the fact that he really considered my wishes while making the plan.

Who has had an HSG? Does it hurt? Compared to an IUI?

ajd- glad you and your RE have an awesome plan in order! I have heard about some women being uncomfortable for their HSG, some would remedy that with taking Tylenol or something along those lines. Unfortunately my HSG was from hell :( The radiologist had a hard time keeping the catheter placed in my cervix and had a hard time injecting the dye. The fluid injected into the uterus is a viscous material because it is typically iodine infused, which makes it radio-opaque. The fact that my right tube is completely closed didn't help the pain factor.
So overall, if both your tubes are fine and open, the HSG should just be uncomfortable, more uncomfortable than your typical IUI. Hope this helps!!

I had a hsg and it was not a big deal. I'm assuming the process of putting the catheter in is similar to iui, for me I hardly felt it at all. The actual procedure was done very quickly, it just felt a bit uncomfortable when they start injecting the dye and I would classify it as very uncomfortable for the last 30 seconds or so. Afterwards I was a bit crampy for the rest of the day, this is due to the dye that goes up into your abdomen then just gets absorbed. I felt completely normal by the next day :)

Hsg isn't bad at all Hun! Goes pretty quick... I took ibuprofen about 30 minutes before my appt. So it would help with cramps. I spotted a bit after & had minor cramps the rest of the day but over all it was pretty tolerable.

AFM: yes this no internet at work sucks cause its hard to catch up on my phone..... But also because I do half my work from the net so my supervisor is having to go through her boss .which then goes to their boss...then to their boss to get my clearance back so I can work. She was so mad that they did that & now I'm getting backed up on work but hopefully they resolve it soon.

So I need to also vent. My best friend knew about my egg retrieval & knew I was getting paid for it.. Well last Wednesday she sent me a message asking me for 110 bucks which I thought was odd... Needless to say she borrowed the money from someone else cause j didn't get back with her in time.. Well then on Friday night she send me a text asking me to borrow 260 dollars... I was like wtf... So that night she asked to come over & talk to me in which she did. She wanted to money so she could get an "A". I didn't know what to tell her because she knows the struggles I'm going through with ttc & I thought it was so selfish & heartless to ask me for money so she can kill her baby :( she has two already & said shes not ready for a 3rd since her youngest is barely going to be 2 & she still lives with her mom. I'm SL frustrated with the situation & don't know how to express how I really feel cause I want to be there as a friend. At the same time .... How can I be there when she has the one thing I want & she wants to get rid of it. She hasn't even seen an Obgyn yet & she's going on 11 weeks. It truly upsets me & I needed to vent that out. Thanks for listening to my rambling ladies & sorry if some parts don't make sense... I'm on my cell & just typing my little thumbs as fast as the thoughts are running through my head.

RE Update:

We chatted for a little while the last four cycles to give him a better feel that what he was only able to read in my chart. After discussing many options and the risks of multiples we came up with a plan that you can add to the front page:

June 25th: HSG to see if my tubes are partially blocked, which he doesn't think I would be a likely candidate for but after not being able to conceive again he wants to rule it out.

CD2-6: Femara
CD7: start taking Menopur at 75IU, follow US to determine dose changes and trigger shot

He and I were both nervous about jumping straight to injectables with the response that I had to Clomid. We agreed that taking this bridging method (which I just happen to have read about last night) of Orals first followed by Low Dose injections might just work beautifully for me. The Femara gave me a nice count of only 2 follies last month and the the injections will help them mature into a great size follie. This slow approach to introducing my body to injections makes me much more comfortable with the whole process. I'm feeling really good about my visit and the fact that he really considered my wishes while making the plan.

Who has had an HSG? Does it hurt? Compared to an IUI?

Hi Ajd...

I was reading up on the past few pages but read this and wanted to reply.

The med plan I'm in is what you are being given. I also get two follies with femera.

So my med protocol is...femera for 5 days and then on the 5th day I start 100iu of puregon injectable. I take it for 2 days and then on the third day I have a scan. And I get instructions to continue to take it with scans day by day. Also...idont take trigger bc I O on my own.

HSG...mine was no problem a bit like a pap but with more cramping. Take 2 advils before and you will be fine!

ajd I'm so glad your appointment went so well!!! And it sounds like you are on the right track with your new game plan. I put your HSG test on the front page. I'm really excited for you!!

Lei It makes me really upset to read your post. Is this the same friend that was drinking despite knowing she's pregnant? I remember being very disturbed hearing that. And now I'm even more upset for you that you have to deal with this! I know that it's not up to you and it's something that you want to support your friend on but on the same notion, I just don't think I could support this if I were you. I have a friend who had one, and I didn't write her off for it or anything but I just didn't say ANYTHING about it. It's tough.
That same friend, when I had the m/c back in Jan, she said she knew how I was feeling because she was sure it was similar to how she felt after she had her A! I was like... that is COMPLETELY different!! You CHOSE to kill your baby....! Anyway, I really feel for you and the position you're in. It's really not cool for her to put you in that spot.

I had my fluid ultrasound and mock embryo transfer yesterday which went flawlessly. Doc counted 21 follicles that we needed to get mature, i'm totally gonna feel like lei dis for her donoation cycle :p Was also rescheduled to meet with the cycle coordinator to go over everything the same office visit so I took the entire afternoon off from work. Had to wait an additional hour to meet with her only to be taken back to her office and told she didn't have anything ready to discuss... WTH! I had already rescheduled once since she had a crazy morning and didn't have anything ready only to waste my time making is wait to be told we had to take more time off work so she could be more prepared. On top of that, it's like speaking to a friggin brick wall with her, absolutely no compassion! We've loved everyone we have encountered in this clinic up until her... Bagh!

On another note, happy hump day everyone!

I am triggering tonight!! I am pretty excited I really hope we get this one

Wow Lei, that was REALLY insensitive of your friend. I wouldn't support her or give her the money if it were me. You'd think it'd be common sense to not go to the friend who's been trying for 2 years to have a baby so she could kill hers. I'd be really upset with her.
And Hopin, I agree with you although (thank GOD) I've never had to deal with the heartbreak of losing a baby that a MC and having an A would be very much different. Choosing to lose your baby and trying so hard to have one then losing it are very different feelings.

Agred Jenna!

Ladies, are you supposed to set your test date for exactly 14DPO? I used to set it for CD28 but my cycles are never really consistent and I want to have a test date because, well I'm going to do my BEST to stick to it!

Wow Lei, sorry to hear about your friend.. I wouldn't give her the money either.. how terribly insensitive.. :hugs: sometimes you need to be a good friend by staying away cuz your most important to you if that makes sense.. :)

A mc is nothing like an A.

Lei- So sorry you had to deal with such insensitivity to life. :hugs:

Hopin - I think you should test when AF is due/late...I will test around CD13...if I can hold out!...those sticks are spendy!

They sure are Lune! I'm going to stick with 14DPO. That should give AF plenty of time to show up. But hopefully, she doesn't for any of us!! :flower:

Your cycle length can vary depending on when you ovulate, but your the length of your LP (DPO) will always stay the same so you'll want to go by the DPO.

Hopin - yes its the same one!
I have been avoiding her as much as possible since Friday when she came over to talk.... I guess she wanted mine & our other friends advice. I thought she would get the hint cause I didn't say anything on Friday when we all sat down to talk. All I did was listen to her & our other best friend talk because I was In shock & disbelief. Well she called today at work apologizing to me for asking for the money then told me she went Saturday with her bf & he walked out the clinic so she didn't go through with it. Even though she apologized it still doesn't change my feelings about the whole situation & I explained that to her the best way I could. Then she turns around & says.... We I'm still thinking about it... After that I told her I was busy & hung up. It just really upsets me that she would even consider it... This is a huge gift that some women don't get to experience & I just wish she saw it that way.

You ladies are amazing! Thank you for the advice & support! I would go crazy if I didn't have you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->