Testers,TTC&After Conception-Clomid,IUI,IVF,Femara -EVERYONE!!

Jenna that house looks great!

So sad to hear about lei, I hope she is doing OK

EA that is so frustrating! I have a friend that has been dealing with court dates and trying to get a settlement for injuries and a miscarriage caused by a car accident for YEARS. Makes you wonder why the person who caused it can't just admit they made a mistake to keep everyone from having to relive it all the time :(

It's a little shed in the back, I was thinking of maybe converting it to a playhouse or something for Draven. I just keep picturing Draven and Kali (the 4 legged fur baby) running around in the back yard together while we BBQ on the patio. We should be writing up our offer today. We'll be offering their asking price plus we'll pay closing costs and she said we can also write something (I forget the name of it) where it basically says we'll pay $1000 more than the highest bid so I'm really hopeful, but there is a loooot of people interested. He's going to hold it through the weekend before accepting an offer so hopefully we'll know Monday or Tuesday? I'm not sure how this works.

Good Luck jenna I LOVE The backyard- always wanted a big one. If you write on paper that your willing to pay $1000 more then the highest bid that could be dangerous cause you dont know what their bidding...yikes

Daisy- its still very early hang in girl.

Lifeis- MY follies didnt start growing till like way late in my cycles so you should be okay. Are you on follicle stimulators? I was on injectibles

Did any of you have the early genetic 12 week screening? I don't know of we should or not

Yes, I had the materniT21 test that tested the baby's chromosomes- its T21, T16, and T18. It also tells the gender. I had the NT scan. I had the spina bidfida test that has a fancy acronym that I can't remember. I did it all to be prepared for what was to come. We would not terminate a pregnancy however I still wanted to know so that I could prepare and get the best care for my baby in the womb and out. I'm at an increased risk for heart block in the baby because of an antibody that is in my blood. So I have lots of screenings for the baby to make sure everything with the heart is ok. A lot of times the drs will say I see "X" and I ask "what is that an indication of" and they will tell me but then remind me that I had the blood tests which are 99% accurate versus an ultrasound. So I'm glad I did it because it allows me some peace.

I've been busy lately but have been trying to stay updated on everyone's progress. So excited to see all the BFP's progressing!

I tell you this wait before IVF starting just might be worse than the 2 week wait. I'm excited to start but yet have so many questions. Wondering if maybe you wonderful ladies can help me out.

First- What are the benefits and drawbacks of having ICSI vs not. The fertility clinic where I am having the egg retrieval and procedure is different than my regular fertility clinic. The Dr says they have much higher success rates for whatever reason. The clinic where I now have to go to for the procedures charges an extra $1000 for ICSI. I just want to have some thoughts on it before my next appointment before I bring it up with the Dr.
2) Is it normally still a 2 week wait after the transfer before betas are done?
3) I'm thinking that based on this pricing for IVF we won't be able to do another one for maybe 6-12 months having to save up. This stresses me. IVF even with medications covered is going to cost about $6500 and that is including the donor sperm. So again that begs the question with ICSI benefit us in upgrading the success rate???
Anything else I should be considering for IVF?

Thanks again ladies!

Here's my two cents:

I have PCOS so we knew I would produce a lot of eggs, my DHs sperm sample is always over 120 million, etc so our clinic would not do ICSI. I was worried about it but it turned out fine. Our personal goal was only to get enough for the number of children we wanted to have (personal preference). So I was fine with the stats as my dr explained to me before IVF....the goal is to get a years worth of eggs in one IVF cycle 10-12 eggs, of that 7-8 are expected to fertilize naturally (assuming no male factor issue), and 3-4 were supposed to make it to day 5 for transfer. We had 13 eggs, 8 fertilized naturally, and 7 made it to day 5. I'm pregnant now after putting back two. We still have way more embryos than expected, but we can't do anything about that now.

I think you should ask what they believe your success rate is both ways...natural and ICSI.

I waited 9 days or something like that....I tested early like allika! :)

Did any of you have the early genetic 12 week screening? I don't know of we should or not

Yes, I had the materniT21 test that tested the baby's chromosomes- its T21, T16, and T18. It also tells the gender. I had the NT scan. I had the spina bidfida test that has a fancy acronym that I can't remember. I did it all to be prepared for what was to come. We would not terminate a pregnancy however I still wanted to know so that I could prepare and get the best care for my baby in the womb and out. I'm at an increased risk for heart block in the baby because of an antibody that is in my blood. So I have lots of screenings for the baby to make sure everything with the heart is ok. A lot of times the drs will say I see "X" and I ask "what is that an indication of" and they will tell me but then remind me that I had the blood tests which are 99% accurate versus an ultrasound. So I'm glad I did it because it allows me some peace.

Also for me, being pregnant makes me worry 100xs more than TTC so anything I could do to mitigate some of the worry....I do it! If it makes me feel better, it makes baby feel better!

So excited about the new BFPs!! Just wanted to share something that freaked me out while being pregnant...hopefully it helps you if this is your first time being pregnant.

FEELING THE BABY MOVE
So as I was approaching 18 weeks everyone as asking if I could feel the baby move, I couldn't. I mentioned it to my dr and he said that because the placenta was tilted backwards (because your uterus up is either tipped forward or backward) it would probably take a little longer for me to feel the baby. Sure enough at week 21 I started feeling what I know is baby.

Good Luck jenna I LOVE The backyard- always wanted a big one. If you write on paper that your willing to pay $1000 more then the highest bid that could be dangerous cause you dont know what their bidding...yikes

Daisy- its still very early hang in girl.

Lifeis- MY follies didnt start growing till like way late in my cycles so you should be okay. Are you on follicle stimulators? I was on injectibles

We can put a maximum so we don't go out of our budget :)

5 follies! 2 really mature (22x15, 21x15)
So I triggered today, IUI scheduled for Sunday morning- we have to do it at the hospital because the office is closed weekends.
I do love the "warning" that you could have multiples! Bring them on!!!

Wow!!! Those are some really good sized follies you have there :happydance:

Keeping FX for you two!!!

So.....will the testing start on Monday then? :haha: :haha:

Hopin: Thanks so much for the encouragement! I can’t wait until Monday to see how they have progressed.

Kins: That’s so good to know. I was on Femara from CD 3-7, but I haven’t been on anything other than that.

5 follies! 2 really mature (22x15, 21x15)
So I triggered today, IUI scheduled for Sunday morning- we have to do it at the hospital because the office is closed weekends.
I do love the "warning" that you could have multiples! Bring them on!!!

5 follies!I am so hopeful for you.I am keeping FX'd for you and I would love multiples :) Keep us updated!

I am supposed to test on monday but too afraid to do so.I am afraid of another BFN.
2 ladies in my apt are pregnant.I try to avoid them still meet them face to face often in elevator often in parking.What to do?

ttc: my vote is to TEST and to TEST soon....like, poas right now! Okay...now that the pressure is out of my system..... test when you are ready! We call waiting until the end of the ttw the "Grateful Way" as she is one of the few who actually could hold out til the end. We are here for you to help cheer you on, with testing and with dealing with your emotions.....

EA!!! Woot woot!!

ttc, I agree with ajd. Wait til you're ready! No pressure.

Ttcmoon - I am with you. I just don't know if I can handle another BFN. I've never seen a BFP. That's why I'm leaning towards waiting for my beta. Don't know if that will actually happen though but that's how I feel right now!

Ajd - I don't know how you did it. Poas is so stressful!!

I totally feel you girls on not wanting to see the bfn. It is so hard month after month to be squinting on a pee stick! They always grossed out my hubby!! My sticky bfp month I just waited and waited to test bc I was so scared. The only reason I did was that I was so tired. It really was nice to see a dark line! You have to do what feels right that month and each month is different!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->