Testing thread for later use.

I feel weird asking, but I know both of you @Deethehippy and @LuvallmyH have husbands over 40-45. Was it harder getting them on the TTC train? Sperm issues?

*sorry if i'm prying*

I don't mind the question. My OH is 55. We met 15 years ago when he was already about 40 but I was early 30's (My first two children were with a prior relationship)
We kinda knew we wanted children together right away but waited a few years and got a larger house first. After the twins were born we were so busy we didn't really think about any other kids but when I got majorly broody about two years ago or so ago and mentioned it to OH he was fully on board which actually surprised me because he had said after the girls we should of be done. I think of part of it is his desire to have a son of his own (the Family name stops at him) but I know he would also love a girl too.
Have no idea about his sperm..they were fine 8 years ago when we conceived the girls (and had 2 miscarriages prior) but I know things can change. I think some men father children way into their 80's..they tend have less fertility issues than older women but I know that's not always the case.

Test this afternoon seems lighter than this morning. :-k It's been so long since I've used these things I can't remember if that is how it used to be.
lol. Varies during the day.

Guess tomorrow will tell. If I maintain my 28 days I expect a positive tomorrow and ovulation CD14.

CD12b.png

CD13 - If my cycles are to believed I should get a positive OPK today and O tomorrow CD14.
This mornings OPK :
Now....consider my surge or not? Seems close by not quite. Thoughts?
Maybe this afternoon's test will be clearer.

CD13a.png

Opk is so close to being positive. Good luck ♡

That looks a day away from positive I think or at least it would be for me....but some ladies tests can change a lot even in the same day so may be worth testing tonight too.
Good luck!

I know you didn't ask me but I thought I might chime in anyway if that is ok? My OH was in his early 40s when we started trying. After 3 or so years of nothing at all, when he was 45 and I 41 we finally went to have some tests and help. Turns out he was the one with the issues as he had antibodies in his sperm. Not a huge thing as we then managed to conceive via IUI after they washed ( :shrug: ) his sperm but apparently that is something that is more common than you'd think. I am not sure if that is strictly an age thing but like with most things, the older you get the more chances there are for it.
Would your guy be open to having some tests done do you think?

Hi Angel! Thanks for chimming in.
I'm certain he wouldn't. At least not now.
The first time he bought a new car he was 43 (scared of being tied down).
We've bought a house together and are GETTING MARRIED. hee hee. But somehow the kids things just seems to stay in this grey area- half in half out. I will be ovulating soon. Next few days and I dont even know if we'll be counting this one as a go.

Perhaps with time he'll come around, but I am not wanting to push (I already have my son) and having him was difficult. (took over 3 yrs ttc which some of you may recall (angel in particular). So im already blessed. I'll take what he feels comfortable giving at this point.

Im thinking if this cycle is a no-go I'll wait till this summer and tell him how broody I am getting. LOL and hope he decides on a full in at that point.

That looks a day away from positive I think or at least it would be for me....but some ladies tests can change a lot even in the same day so may be worth testing tonight too.
Good luck!
LAst month I tested once a day and missed my surge :shock: So I'm guessing I have some changes within the day. The cycle I got pregnant I wrote in my TTC my surge lasted 6 hours.
God...dont even remember how'd id figure out something like that. Maybe I Peed on LOTS of sticks?!?! Hahaha It's like my mind erased ALL my TTC info from my brain. :-k
I'll be doing my second OPK in about an hour or so. Hopefully I'll see a positive. Im thinking OH is into 'BD-ing' mood tonight. :lol:

Ok so this evenings test.

:-k...Darker than this mornings. Will it be the darkest? Guess now I ll wait till tomorrow mornings to tell. HAHA

CD13b.png

I do remember how long it took you to have him! And what a beautiful boy he is! <3

FX that this is your lucky cycle!

I do remember how long it took you to have him! And what a beautiful boy he is! <3

FX that this is your lucky cycle!

He really is something else. But your boys are stunning too! (ermmm When did they get SOO big?!) Gosh...time certainly flies!

Thanks :) I know, it is crazy how fast that went. Bittersweet :)

No doubt this morning! Positive OPK!
And OH has initiated a "fun night" once DS goes to bed!!!!
[-o&lt;[-o&lt;

Screenshot_20210107_104336_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg

Afternoon's test still really positive. Not lighter. So surge still going strong. Hopefully not tooo long.
From past charting experience when my opks were positive for more than a day i ended up not ovulating. So FXd this is just today!

Screenshot_20210107_161410_com.android.gallery3d~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->