The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

How's everyone getting on? I'm in to my tww at the mo, next month onto clomid!

X

Here's hoping u don't need it chat!

I'm ok. Just rolling with the punches

Same here...appointment on Monday to meet with our RE about donor IUI. Just ready to get moving again.

One thing I will say about ttc. It has def made me a more patient person! All this waiting we have to is ridiculous!

Keep us posted on how u get on Rae xx

Well after about a year, I'm pretty much back where I started. I'll be going on 50mg of clomid CD5-9 to try and help me ovulate. Then we'll start monitoring with blood and ultrasound starting on CD12 until I get 1-3 large follicles and an LH surge and then in for IUI. We picked our donor already so now we're pretty much just waiting for AF to start off the cycle and we have to meet with a social worker later this month as well since we're using donor. Hopefully this new plan works.

Good luck Rae, hope so much that it works for you this time! How are you feeling about it all?

Still in my tww, Felt like the longest one ever this month.

Good luck Rae!

Hang in there chat!

As for me, time has flown by this cycle. I was due to start iui next week but our screening tests haven't all been completed. Our private fs requested various blood tests to be done for dh and I. He wrote us a letter to take to my gp. Gp requested them and I picked up the results last fri. Issue is he didn't request all of them! Also, hubby is suspected to be a thalassaemia carrier (genetic thing) so I should get tested too (if we are both carriers there's a chance that our baby could have v serious health issues. Bit won't stop our decision to TTC but something we should know so when I get my bfp, we can do the tests). Earlier going back to the gp today. Assuming doc refers dh and I for the tests he missed out and we go for the tests tomO, I'm not sure if the results will be back by the end of the week ie in time for us to start iui. We could wait n see but dh and I have decided its a bit stressful to wait until the last minute to see if we do fertility treatment. This coupled with the fact that we haven't been exercising, eating that well etc makes us feel like we aren't in top condition to do iui just yet. My acupuncturist also suggested waiting three months because my system is weak (I guess she would say that though!) and my mum randomly said "wait a bit". Also, we have our nhs fs appt next weds so it would be good to get a second opinion then as we havent spoken to an nhs doc about our test results- the wait has been crazily long: 2.5 months!! We have decided to go for it next month instead (unless I get my long awaited bfp this cycle of course!)

Chat - Hope the rest of your TWW passes quickly, and with a BFP at the end!

Rae - I hope that this plan is the lucky one for you guys. You have been through so much!! Hope AF comes soon so you can get started.

Mk - Oh jeez!! Dr's drive me nuts!! Hope everything gets ordered and sorted out. I think waiting a month sounds like a good plan, it's not worth rushing and stressing yourself out over it. Make sure you are physically and mentally ready, then go for it. :)

Def not ready for it. Rushed to docs today (left work early) to request additional tests. Turns out they don't offer them on Nhs and they were numpties and missed out one last week. I don't know what came over me but I broke down in tears. I felt so embarrassed and that's not like me at all. I have never felt so let down by the system. The one that got me was thalassaemia - a trait dh has. It doesnt affect him but if I have it, the baby has a 25% chance if being severely ill. It doesn't stop us from trying even if that is the case but the iui clinic want to know and we ought to know to be prepared too. They said my basic test said no thalassaemia yet the private doc said its hard to detect that way and suggests a more rigorous test. I asked the gp about this and they admitted it but said it wasnt "something they offer", so based on cost, they can't be bothered to check this blood test. I was so frustrated. I cried and felt so silly. The cost of doing the tests needed to proceed to iui would be around £500! Then I have iui cost on top! When other areas in England offer free ivf for two cycles! I just felt wronged in so many ways. The doc called the head gp who is my usual doc and he agreed to do the thalassaemia one.

mk - I know where you're coming from with cost frustrations. That is why we've moved to donor IUI because the cost of another TESE for hubby and then IVF + ICSI is just too much. The testing sucks! Our whole first month with the RE was nothing but blood tests! Hopefully you get something figured out soon.

Chat - We're feeling ok about the new plan. It is obviously not our first or even second choice but it is where we're at right now. Just hoping we have better luck with this path.

Good luck to both of you!

Lisa - I saw your latest bump picture and you're looking great! Can't believe you're so close now!

Mk- that is very frustrating! Cannot believe the nhs won't cover the cost of the test. Surely it's in their best interest! But no matter what you WILL get through all this!!! It is one more hurdle, one more flamming hope to jump through, you are hopefully on the home straight now! Stay positive and keep telling yourself you WILL get your bfp!!!

Rae- I really hope the iui with donor swimmers is successful for you. You have been so brave and strong so far. I understand it wouldnt be your first choice, but I guess none of us would choose our ttc journeys. But I do believe all things happen for a reason and for whatever reason it is just not our time .....yet!

Lisa- how is bump doing? Have you got everything ready?

Hi ladies- how are you all doing?

Af arrived. Oh well. Trying to eat better, sleep well, exercise and destress this cycle.

Took my last BCP last night so just waiting on AF in the next couple days and I'll have to go in on CD3 for baseline blood and ultrasound. We also meet with the social worker next week.

Sorry AF came again. What is the plan for you now MK?

Hi Rae - good luck! Keep us posted.

Well Im not doing iui this cycle as I need to complete some more tests and it all felt too rushed. Iui next cycle with meds is my plan.

Hey mk af arrived for me too! Start my clomid tomorrow, hope it works!
I watched the great sperm race yesterday aswell, goin it really helpful and informative. Think hubby and I will go at the next couple of cycles with renewed hope and energy.

Fingers crossed for us all!!
X

Chat- we are still synchronised! Good luck with clomid. What dose and monitored?

50mg unmonitored, but need to have one blood test the first month to insure I o'd x

Well ladies, I should be not far behind you. I took my last BCP (to control my cycle) Saturday so AF should be here any day now. I'm supposed to start 50mg of clomid CD5-9 to encourage my body to ovulate normally for IUI. Been dealing with the sperm bank tonight and its just not fun. I feel so lost and confused trying to place an order.

Oh hun! Maybe you need to take a step back from it for a day. Do something non ttc to take your mind off things, I know it's easier said then done but it will help you refocus your energies.
Wouldn't be great if the last three of us all got our BFP's at the same time! I will start my clomid today, gonna take it when I get home from work, in quite a hormonal person normally so worried about what side affects I will have.
Will clomid regulate my cycle? I'm usually about 30ish days but would love to get back to 28 days!

AF started yesterday and I'm going in tomorrow morning for baseline blood/ultrasound. I start clomid on Sunday. Hoping this works but trying not to get too excited since RE said we only have a 15% chance each dIUI cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->