The Beanstalkers (formally ttc buddy?)

Ok so I'm just a day ahead of you. My last cycle was 50 days (the one before was 60) so I should be happy I'm having ovulation signs earlier this month I guess. It figures once we start ttc my cycles go way long. I'm trying to start this new insulin resistance diet though since I'm wondering if my high blood sugar is what is making my cycles go wacky. Worth a shot I guess, I'm willing to try anything!

Rae - Your body must just be waiting for me to ovulate, so we can be TWW buddies....sorry! Hehehe. :dohh:

LOL! That must be it! You know how if you live with other women, your cycles can sync up? Is that possible to those you talk with online everyday?

You gotta hurry up and ovulate so I can stop going crazy for my body being weird :friends:

i think we will all ov soon.:happydance: :babydust:

Yes it's worth a shot! My cycles have been long since coming off bcp in October - 60 days, then 42, then 37. I was hoping they were getting shorter but I guess not. :shrug: I read somewhere on this site about some things that can make your cycles shorter - I think soy, and something called agnus castus? Maybe something I'll look into!

Wow ladies! My cycle is normal (around 28 days) but my luteal phase is way too short! I can't imagine waiting nearly 40 days for :witch: every month! My tww is actually only a 1 week wait, but I know that's not enought time to get pregnant... so I have to wait until August to see an OBGYN. :( I will hope you you both get BFP's this month! :)

The other thing that cracks me up is that everyone is on here all day long and by the time I get home from work no one is online to talk to! :) I am pretty sure everyone works right? LOL If not i would totally go crazy! I feel like all i think about is getting pregnant! I couldn't imagine not having work to distract me 40 hours a week! :nope:

Lisa - I took soy isoflavones this cycle but started at the lowest dosage 120mg (it is compared to clomid and they usually start clomid at 50mg and soy you need twice as much so 100mg is the start) Mine came in 40mg pills though so I did 120. I'll have to wait and see if it shortens this cycle any but if not, I might up my dosage next month. I've also heard good things about agnus castus and maca, my book also recommends false unicorn root so I may look into adding one of those next cycle if this one fails.

Kasi - It is a true test of patience with these long cycles. I'm in my 6th month of TTC but only my 3rd cycle because they're so long. As if things weren't hard enough, long cycles make it so you only have half as many chances as normal cycles would give you. So you're on the wait for the obgyn too? Since I'm a new patient with mine, they couldn't get me in until June and I hate having to wait until then which is why I'm trying all this self-help stuff during the wait. I'm hoping by June I can just be like "Hey, I'm pregnant"

I can't imagine that... :( The obgyn didn't look at my charts or anything she said since i was on BC until Sept that really my body is just now regulating and that she will see me in August.... but maybe before then if I get pregnant! That really frustrated me since I don't think I can becuase of my short luteal phase.... Oh well my DH took me to Las Vegas this past weekend and I drank a bit! I don't really drink much but since TTC i have pretty much stopped... it ended up being a nice weekend though!

I think they say vitamin B6 is good for helping to lengthen your luteal phase. I'm pretty sure it was mentioned in my Making Babies book too.

I tried B6 and it didn't do anything at all. In fact it shortened my luteal phase from 7 days to 6 :( It also caused my vision to blur a bit, so I stopped taking it a week ago.

I bought progesterine cream a few weeks ago but chickened out and took it back! I don't want to make things any worse! LOL

rae - Did you talk to your OB about the soy? I'm so nervous to take anything. I have an appt in June for a regular check-up....so I guess I could always ask then to see if she has any suggestions.

kasi - I'm so jealous you went to Vegas! I've always wanted to go but I'm all the way in MA!

LOL! I hear you on that. Luckily, nothing has been able to make my cycles worse since they have such a mind of their own. But, nothing has made anything better either.

Lisa,

Since I am in AZ it's a 4 hour drive! :) I hadn't been in a few years, but I highly recommend going! IT is so much fun to people watch there!

I've never been to MA but have always wanted to! My husband is from PA so we go back east every year or so and I think it is so incredible! Of course being from AZ everything is much more beautiful elsewhere! :)

Yes, the grass is always greener, right?? It's quite chilly here now and I'm ready for spring!!

Yes, the grass is always greener, right?? It's quite chilly here now and I'm ready for spring!!

Ha ha.. you don't realize how true that statement is literaly! :) It's been amazing here the last week it was nearly 100 degrees this past weekend! We were at the pool drinking a few beers and it was wonderful! Don't worry though... when it's 115 degrees here I will wish I was in MA!

what part of MA are you in?

Ha ha.. you don't realize how true that statement is literaly! :) It's been amazing here the last week it was nearly 100 degrees this past weekend! We were at the pool drinking a few beers and it was wonderful! Don't worry though... when it's 115 degrees here I will wish I was in MA!

what part of MA are you in?

OMG! What I would give to be able to sit on the deck in jeans and a t-shirt....nevermind sit by the pool! Hahaha. I am in Southeastern MA, right on the RI border.

rae - Did you talk to your OB about the soy? I'm so nervous to take anything. I have an appt in June for a regular check-up....so I guess I could always ask then to see if she has any suggestions.

kasi - I'm so jealous you went to Vegas! I've always wanted to go but I'm all the way in MA!

Didn't ask since I can't get in to see her until June. I didn't have any side effects or anything when I took it this month and I figured it couldn't make my cycles any worse

I'm in MD so...East coast too :) We're going to California for vaca soon though! Very excited!

someone on bandb said that proge cram helps that out too

I might try it but think I want to give it this month then try and find a different doctor to talk to....I might fib a bit and say I have been trying for a year.....

I love visiting the east coast... my best friend is in PA as well and I may try and go out there for a long weekend this summer.. she has two little girls that are adorable and would love to see them!

I love southern CA! Have fun when you go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->