• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The clomid thread- if you take clomid please join and ask questions and get answers

Hi girls :wave: I'm starting clomid this week....just waiting for my provera-induced AF to show. I've got pcos, and I've been prescribed 6 months, starting on 50mg cd2-6 and increasing by 50mg each month until I ovulate, then stick at that dose for the remainder of the 6 months. I'm not having scans....just d21 bloods. I'm not using OPK's as have raised LH anyway so get false positives. I am temping tho.

I have a few questions and would be great to have some company thru this whole process, so was glad when I found this thread scarena!

1. If my period comes in as spotting rather than full flow, what would u ladies class as cd1?
2. I have enough tabs to start on 100mg...do u think I'd be stupid to do that and should stick to 50mg? This is v unlike me....just feeling desperate!
3. Anyone who took provera...how long did u have to wait for AF once you finished the course?

Thanks....:dust: to all! xxx

1. I NEVER EVER got a full on flow period on Clomid (and I did ovulate every month). It was just like a bit of brown then red then brown spotting/light bleed. I counted the FIRST sign of anything as CD1.

I spoke to my doctor about the light flow and told him it only lasted approx 2-4 days so he told me to take the pills earlier from CD5 to CD2, that worked for me!!

2. 50mg didn't work for me and I hear it doesn't work for ALOT of ladies. I personally have just finished my first round of 100mg but that's only because I know 50mg didn't work (for me). I don't think it would do you any harm IMHO. Clomid is a SAFE drug, some people think it's the type of thing that can kill you off lol.

3. I only had to use Provera once and my 'period' came 5 days after taking the last pill. If after your first Clomid treatment AF doesn't arrive (my cycles were 35 days on it so hold on in there as it can lengthen them) then you DIDN'T ovulate. You only get AF if you ovulated. So if you don't you may need to take Provera again.

I'm sure you'll get your :bfp: soon!! :happydance::kiss:

I would love twins too! Though i'm quite petite so don't know where I could fit em!

Bad news clomid sends your skin crazy too!! But hopefully it'll all be worth it.

Scerena good luck for your scan. Great u r getting monitored. We've only been ttc 10 months now, but because I've never had normal periods I always suspected there might be a problem.

Lily I was on 3x5mg provera per day for 10 days, and finished on Fri. And yes I wish my body would work properly!! Sometimes when i see babies and get a real ache for one of our own, i can't believe my ovaries aren't stirred into action....it's like they are made of stone!!

I think I'm not going to worry too much this month....just see what kind of cycle I have. My last one was 117 days so it would be a total novelty to have anything around a month!

xxx

does clomid make ur skin go nuts? Because my skin has been bad this cycle with this round of clomid... :wacko:

Hi everyone,

Ive only been diagnosed with PCOS in the last week, after i had an USS as my periods have suddenly stopped since Jan 2011. Im due for a HSG and my GYN has referred me to a fertility Doc to start me on clomid.

How long have people been on it and how long did i take till you got pregnant?

When do the fertility Docs know when to increase the dosage of clomid, do they give you enough for 3 months then review??

Justwantababy- Im petite too- my fs said lets concentrate on the 1 lol as oh was saying about triplets lol! and thanks hun :)

star7474- My fs scans me unttil a dose shows I have mature enough follicles and then I will just get bloods done each month to see if i ovulated.

scooterkat- YES omg I get big juicy ones lol! I only use to get the odd spot before af- but clomid is making me suffer lol!

I am off to bed now girls as I have an early start I will post on here tomorrow, night xx

wow...it didn't do anything to my skin last cycle or any of the cycles before...wonder why now it would hit me???

1. I NEVER EVER got a full on flow period on Clomid (and I did ovulate every month). It was just like a bit of brown then red then brown spotting/light bleed. I counted the FIRST sign of anything as CD1.

I spoke to my doctor about the light flow and told him it only lasted approx 2-4 days so he told me to take the pills earlier from CD5 to CD2, that worked for me!!

2. 50mg didn't work for me and I hear it doesn't work for ALOT of ladies. I personally have just finished my first round of 100mg but that's only because I know 50mg didn't work (for me). I don't think it would do you any harm IMHO. Clomid is a SAFE drug, some people think it's the type of thing that can kill you off lol.

3. I only had to use Provera once and my 'period' came 5 days after taking the last pill. If after your first Clomid treatment AF doesn't arrive (my cycles were 35 days on it so hold on in there as it can lengthen them) then you DIDN'T ovulate. You only get AF if you ovulated. So if you don't you may need to take Provera again.

I'm sure you'll get your :bfp: soon!! :happydance::kiss:

Thanks hon sorry you must've replied same time as me. Thanks for your advice. Like I say i'm temping so my plan was if I do ov then I'll give it maybe 2 weeks and if AF hasn't shown i'll do a test to make sure and if neg get back on provera. Ideally I would like to have my own cycle, even if it is a little longer, than having induced bleeds.

I have honestly seen so many negative prg tests I just can't even imagine seeing a positive. I get goosebumps thinking about telling my husband....one day fingers crossed.

Good luck to you too honey...hope the 100mg does it for you xxx

night scerena! :hugs:

i completly agree with you justwantababy , ive seen so many negative pregnancy tests that i cant imagine seeing a positive one ! and i dont know what id do when i do !! id probably be in that much shock that i would just sit there and cry ! !! :cry:

im also suffering the clomid effects! the spots are absolutly juicy and making thierselves noticed!! ive also had some mild constipation!! overall the side effects havent been that bad so if it dosnt happen this month then im mroe than happy to go through it all again next month , and the month after that, and the one after that untill i get my clomid baby !!!

xx

Hi everyone,

Ive only been diagnosed with PCOS in the last week, after i had an USS as my periods have suddenly stopped since Jan 2011. Im due for a HSG and my GYN has referred me to a fertility Doc to start me on clomid.

How long have people been on it and how long did i take till you got pregnant?

When do the fertility Docs know when to increase the dosage of clomid, do they give you enough for 3 months then review??

Hi Star :wave: How are you feeling after your diagnosis? I was more upset than I thought I'd be, given that I was pretty much expecting it. Sounds like u r in really good hands tho.

My doc said clomid gets around 70% women ov'ing, and then you've the same chance as anyone as getting preg. If I don't ov on 50mg the first month, we're going to increase the dose by 50mg each month till I do, (to a max of 200mg I think), or till we've tried for 6 months in total. Hope that makes sense?!. Good luck flower xx

got some wondfos off amazon:) hopefully they don't come until i can start testing, so i don't be temping to spend more money on expensive ones at the drug store

night scerena! :hugs:

i completly agree with you justwantababy , ive seen so many negative pregnancy tests that i cant imagine seeing a positive one ! and i dont know what id do when i do !! id probably be in that much shock that i would just sit there and cry ! !! :cry:

im also suffering the clomid effects! the spots are absolutly juicy and making thierselves noticed!! ive also had some mild constipation!! overall the side effects havent been that bad so if it dosnt happen this month then im mroe than happy to go through it all again next month , and the month after that, and the one after that untill i get my clomid baby !!!

xx

HAHA Oh god I remember my 1st POS after TTC~7 YEARS!!! I spent about £50 on THREE CBD!! Just looked at them for ages and took loadsa pics lol!! Would have taken them to bed with if I could!!

I have a question about clomid. Will it cause my period to stop when it should? The reson I'm asking is because sometimes my periods last weeks the last one I had lasted 7months.

I have a question about clomid. Will it cause my period to stop when it should? The reson I'm asking is because sometimes my periods last weeks the last one I had lasted 7months.

U had a 7 month long af???

Yes and I even went to ER like 5 times during and they all said it was normal.

I was told bleeding that much is not normal...but maybe I am wrong...I am hoping that u get ur bfp soon!

It was normalI didn't think but in seeing a new dr and he said it was because of PCOS

Hey hon that's not good....I would go back to your doc or change docs. Clomid wouldn't stop it but I think a course of progesterone would. But def get that checked out....and are you making sure u r getting lots of iron in the meantime? I would think that much bleeding could leave u anemic. xx

I am anemic he prescribed me an iron supplement. I did take provera to stop bleeding but it didn't work for me. It eventually quit on its own though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->