The Final 5 week gang anyone??

So I just came back from my OB appt and fundal measurement is right on, however I asked her to guess on a weight and she said maybe 7 lbs! I know she probably just threw a number out there, and they're not always accurate, but I do feel it's highly possible. And after weeks of pushing for an US to confirm weight and other stuff she finally agreed to do one next wk!! I'm so excited. :yipee:

Wow 7 lbs at 3 weeks. You may have a large baby!!! Awesome for the ultrasound; I am also having a growth scan next week!:happydance:

It doesn't help that Daddy is 6ft 7" and we have tall people on both sides of the family! Lol

I still can't believe how long we go here without growth scans in the US...and it seems like girls abroad have them whenever. Just amazes me doctors here think there's no reason for them :/ If anything there's MORE reasons to have them towards the ends!

MnG that would be a big baby at term! Excited to see what your growth scan shows!

Lucy good for you getting things checked off your list! I repacked my bag this morning, bc I sort of threw things together a few weeks ago bc I had a weird feeling I may need it. Apparently when I'm in rush packing mode I favor pajamas. I had no real clothes and about 7 pairs of nursing/nursing friendly pajamas. :haha: At least I'm more balanced now lol!

And I get those pains too. My LO is breech, so I always just assume it's a rogue punch setting it off :)

There's nothing wrong with jammies! Lol
Im pretty sure that's all I've packed in my bags for the hospital stay.

Honestly im not at the point of 'get this baby out of me im done' but I am already sick of the guessing game with symptom spotting labor lol.. to be honest I cant even convince myself that im having bh.. because I wouldn't know one way or the other since im a ftm. But the shitty feelings and having to wonder what they mean, sucks!

Honestly im not at the point of 'get this baby out of me im done' but I am already sick of the guessing game with symptom spotting labor lol.. to be honest I cant even convince myself that im having bh.. because I wouldn't know one way or the other since im a ftm. But the shitty feelings and having to wonder what they mean, sucks!

I'm with you sister! I only get BH once every 2 wks or so but oh my do they hurt! Im also a FTM but I think it's safe to say there's no guessing real labor pains if/when the pains don't go away.

So I just came back from my OB appt and fundal measurement is right on, however I asked her to guess on a weight and she said maybe 7 lbs! I know she probably just threw a number out there, and they're not always accurate, but I do feel it's highly possible. And after weeks of pushing for an US to confirm weight and other stuff she finally agreed to do one next wk!! I'm so excited. :yipee:

Wow 7 lbs at 3 weeks. You may have a large baby!!! Awesome for the ultrasound; I am also having a growth scan next week!:happydance:

It doesn't help that Daddy is 6ft 7" and we have tall people on both sides of the family! Lol

I still can't believe how long we go here without growth scans in the US...and it seems like girls abroad have them whenever. Just amazes me doctors here think there's no reason for them :/ If anything there's MORE reasons to have them towards the ends!

In a normal pregnancy in the UK we only get 2 scans on the NHS - 12 week and 20 week. Any additional ones you read about on here will be high risk / suspected problem or people have paid for a private one xx

Was just going to comment on the lack of uk scans too! I was under the care of the early pregnancy unit due to this being my fourth pregnancy but first successful pregnancy, I had a scan at 6, 8 and 10 weeks then my nt scan at 14, a private scan at 16, my anatomy scan at 20 and then I wasn't supposed to get any more, but my midwife referred me for a growth scan at 31 weeks just because she was being overly cautious an my fundal height had only grown 0.5cm in 3 weeks. Despite this she was measuring perfectly (actually above 50th centile at 4lb4oz!) and my fundal height has caught up perfectly, so no more scans!

Ooh, sorry ladies. It just seemed to me every post I read was about a scan this week and that week, I was going to say you girls are lucky. Didn't realize it was only 2.

Yip usually only 2. I had an extra one at 8 weeks to get an idea of dates as I had no clue (no periods due to breastfeeding!) but that is not the norm. There seems to be some confusion about whether my baby is breech or not and I still haven't been scanned again which seems silly. My first was undiagnosed breech and I so wished I had been for a private scan and found out about it.

I had my ob appt today and had to do the test for group b. She tried to check me too but said my cervix was very far back. She couldn't actually check it. Feeling pretty bummed about it like my body isn't doing what it's supposed to. Considering I've had bh since about 14 weeks (this is my 4th pregnancy, 3rd baby) and more recently painful bh and lower back pain...I guess I just thought maybe I was moving in the right direction. ...:(

And we don't get any cervix checks here in the UK unless we are in labour (or having a sweep) so I wouldn't know what my one is doing ;). Part of me wonders if all the checking is just an unnecessary source of worry!

How is everyone feeling today? I started having quite bad period type pains and backache last night and it reminded me of how my labour started the last time, I was getting worried lol! It was weird because most of the time I am wishing for the pregnancy to be over now but last night I didn't want labour to start, seems I can't make up my mind!! Hope you ladies are feeling good :)

How is everyone feeling today? I started having quite bad period type pains and backache last night and it reminded me of how my labour started the last time, I was getting worried lol! It was weird because most of the time I am wishing for the pregnancy to be over now but last night I didn't want labour to start, seems I can't make up my mind!! Hope you ladies are feeling good :)

Ive had these pains all week.. And definately no labour over here lol

I feel a bit torn, half of me wants him to come early but the other half wants him to come nearer due date. One things for sure, if it was before next Friday I wouldn't get to deliver at my local hospital so he'd better stay put just yet!

I feel really tired today but I had a rubbish sleep last night- baby was doing some crazy things. I wonder if she is trying to Turn. At some points it was really painful. I took my daughter to music and movement class yesterday And I think the waLk there combined with the class has knackered me. I'm achy and waddling. I think I would be shocked if I went into Labour just now given I was 2 weeks over with my little girl.

All is good here! Just the regular aches and pains nothing new really. I am getting anxious as I delivered both of my girls at 37 weeks on the day. Wonder of that means this one also or if I have to wait until 38-39 weeks for my c section.

Been having twitchy legs during the night so will have to take some magnesium & calcium today. Lost a tiny bit of plug this morning ewwww, was a little surprised as it's still only week 36.

I'm being totally lazy this weekend. Don't feel guilty about it one bit as it was a hectic week!

I tried to clean and be productive today as hubby is working all wkend :( Didn't get much done, I kept getting winded and very achey. Tomorrow is a new day though.

Hope you're all having a great weekend!

I'm about the same. Losing bits of plug every day, contracting often but without regularity today. Waddling more since LO has dropped more. :) Damn these ligament pains though! And DS1 passed his cold onto me so I'm hopefully nearing the end of that. LO is still moving great and I swear sometimes he's trying to kick his way out through my side or punching my cervix. He's a little ninja!

The tops of my thighs where they meet my pelvis just kill.. Like exhausted and in pain, especially when I walk. Feels like all of the muscles are pulled.

Blahhh and considering I typically am very constipated (even pre pregnancy) Im starting to have different stools.. I wouldnt say loose because i never have that.. But normal and easy lol maybe that is my loose!

37 weeks and 2 days today. I'm ready for this to be over. I've been crampy since 34 weeks and by next week I know I'll be 100% over it. Ready to meet her already. I'm petite and very small for being close to my DD, that even laying down is a challenge because my stomach feels stretched to the max even though it's not that big.

I guess I'm just impatient. Doesn't help that my friend who's due three days before me just had her son, and my friend due two weeks ahead of me is getting a cervical ripening on Monday, meaning they've gotten to see their babes!

I want it to be my turn -_- ugh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->