The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Hey everybody! Sorry I missed all of yesterday. We went to a Cardinals baseball game (BTW it was FREEZING!!!!). I didn't get to bed until around midnight, I was sooo tired so I didn't get on here.

Anyway...
I have started buying a few little things, and acquiring things from people with kids who don't need the stuff anymore. I have a couple Econobum cloth diapers I bought really cheap, some cloth baby wipes, and my aunt gave me her $300 Medela breast pump and her Boppy. I'm just getting a few things as I go along.

I am so excited, I did an OPK yesterday and there was a faint line! I know it doesn't mean I'm ovulating yet, but the last 3 times I did an OPK there was no line at all. I was worried I wasn't going to O this cycle, but maybe I will now. Yay!

I also counted out my babymaking supplies...one new box of Pre Seed with 9 applicators, 11 OPK's, 8 IC preg tests, and 2 FRER's. That's pretty sad, huh, that I need to count how many chances I have to POAS! Oh well. Anyone else stocking up yet?

Oh my that's such a great deal you got on the breast pump !! I really want a Medela one as I plan on b-feeding as much as I can ! I'm hoping one of my lovely family members will buy me one for my shower gift !!

I hope you will O this cycle, maybe that line is a good indicator ??!!

Yeah next week when I get paid I plan on buying OPK's and HPT's....whohoo ! so exciting !!!

oooh good call on sale maternity clothes.. hmmm...
I haven't bought any new clothes for myself in awhile and I figure that's a good thing, should I fall pregnant this summer I'd like to have the $$ available to buy new clothes that will accomodate a bump.
Even now I look at which clothes I have that will work for a little bump. lol

I have a question for the charters out there, you are super smart at cycle things..
Does day 1 of the cycle begin on the first day of your period, or on the last?
thanks for your help!

Yes, day 1 is the 1st day of your period. :) I'm kinda tired of temping every a.m....ugh it's getting old......this is my first cycle using softcups on AF days, it's different but I like it better than tampons so far !

I'm sure I have a lot of shirts that can work for a bump...just not pants.
gotta run. ttyl ladies !!

I can't believe how eager I am to TTC, or even NTNP! Everyone's posts have gotten me thinking... breast pumps, maternity clothes, ovulating, ect. I haven't thought much about these things until recently and I have to say, it's exciting. I've begun thinking about which room I'll choose as a nursery, what colors to paint the walls, I check out websites and books of baby names...

I don't understand how to monitor ovulating, but I guess I won't have to worry about it for a few more months. It seems complicated.

Thank you all for providing me a place to spout my "boodiness!" :baby:

I can't believe how eager I am to TTC, or even NTNP! Everyone's posts have gotten me thinking... breast pumps, maternity clothes, ovulating, ect. I haven't thought much about these things until recently and I have to say, it's exciting. I've begun thinking about which room I'll choose as a nursery, what colors to paint the walls, I check out websites and books of baby names...

I don't understand how to monitor ovulating, but I guess I won't have to worry about it for a few more months. It seems complicated.

Thank you all for providing me a place to spout my "boodiness!" :baby:

I would totally recommend the book " What to expect before you're expecting" !!! It's a great read & will tell you everything you need to know about ovulating :)
Also, good time to start your prenatals if you haven't already !
Of course, I'm a planner when it comes to big stuff like this, so I have definitely been doing my homework, even been pricing daycare, forumla, just everything. I'm definitely ready !!!!!

Luis, CD1 is the first day of you period.

Jess, I think sensitive nipples can be an ov symptom. I don't get any physical symptoms apart from changes in cm, and temperature rises. Ditto for me with the large boobies! Im dreading how much bigger they might get during pregnancy :cry:

Nanner I'm not prepared for anything either :haha: I understand about ovulation and all that, but it's as far as it goes. I am wondering about buying some sperm friendly lubricant thouch, as it's something we often use and I wouldnt want to use one that's going to kill all the spermies!! We're really keen too now. We're going to be NTNP from this month. Well now really since my period is just coming to an end. I'm struggling to get my head around the idea of making a baby. I've spent my whole adult life trying NOT to fall pregnant!!!

Been thinking about the nursey now in response to reading some of your posts! DH's family are quite into Winnie the Pooh, and we've got some lovely WTP sketches in frames already, so I might do that in the nursery. DH will like that :thumbup:

Sounds like everyone is really gearing up now. Very exciting. We purchased a pack of OPK's so I can check next month to see if I am ovulating, also a pack of tests for use hopefully in July or Aug once we finally start TTC!

I've been slowing getting through What to Expect Before You're Expecting, it's a good read, I definitely recommend it.

I hope everyone's Easter weekend is going well. I'm relaxing at home with my parents, heading out to the shops tomorrow.

Great weekend here thanks poppie. It's 27 degrees and sunny in our garden so I've got my shorts and a vest on. Lovely!

Hello Girls!

Sorry I havent been on for a few days....kinds needed a break! I have spoken to DH about the childcare stuff and we have decided t just wait for scan results before we make any decisions, I am ok with that!

I will prob have a break from here though and prob only check in every few days :cry:

Hope your all good xxx

It's snowing here! On Easter weekend! Ugh!

Boo for snow! We've had enough of that.. looks like it'll be a sunny Easter here. (*crosses fingers*)

Jess & beccad - Sore nipples is an ovulation sign, probably my least favorite as well. ugh.

Here are the books I've gotten out of the library:
Getting Pregnant: What you need to know right now - This book is fantastic; it talks about fertility, fertility issues, how work can affect your fertility, 6 ways to avoid miscarriage, diet, lconception, looks like there's a chapter on choosing the sex (I haven't gotten there yet); So far everything I've read in here has been very interesting.

What to Eat Before, During and After Pregnany -So far so good.

Balancing Pregnancy and Work (How to Make the Most of the Next 9 Months on the Job) - Haven't read it yet.

Are there any sections in those books about trying to prevent morning sickness? I'm sure I read somewhere in the contents page of a book that there are things you can do prior to pregnancy that can minimise the effects??

wow i haven't been keeping up with this thread very well recently. I just skimmed through a whole 10 PAGES since i was on last!! lol

Its official i'm not going to be TTC in June now but i don't want to leave the thread behind. I've got to know some of you girlies on here (not been on to get to know the new ones :blush: lol) so i'll be keeping track and sending you all pregnancy dust :dust: when you all start TTC. I'll prob post from time to time but tbh its hard to catch up when you've missed that much.

Anyway good luck to all of you when you begin your little adventures and i hope you all get your :bfp: very soon xxx

Are there any sections in those books about trying to prevent morning sickness? I'm sure I read somewhere in the contents page of a book that there are things you can do prior to pregnancy that can minimise the effects??

The only thing I have heard about is making sure your prenatal has plenty of B6. Apparently taking it for as long as possible before you get pg can help with morning sickness.

wow i haven't been keeping up with this thread very well recently. I just skimmed through a whole 10 PAGES since i was on last!! lol

Its official i'm not going to be TTC in June now but i don't want to leave the thread behind. I've got to know some of you girlies on here (not been on to get to know the new ones :blush: lol) so i'll be keeping track and sending you all pregnancy dust :dust: when you all start TTC. I'll prob post from time to time but tbh its hard to catch up when you've missed that much.

Anyway good luck to all of you when you begin your little adventures and i hope you all get your :bfp: very soon xxx

Hi! I hope you're doing well! I was just thinking about you yesterday, I was going to ask if anyone had heard from you.

I saw that Aprilshowers is going to TTC in August, you could maybe talk to her too.

Anyway, definitely pop in once in a while to say hi! Have you got everything arranged for your wedding?

Jess- I see you have a a fertilityfriend sig. Have you found it helpful and accurate?

thanks so much for the nice thoughts !! we hope you check in on us and let us know how you're doing !

Jess- I see you have a a fertilityfriend sig. Have you found it helpful and accurate?

Yes, I thought it was very helpful. If you sign up you can take the charting course. The problem is, I know how but I still am not tracking my BBT. I can't ever remember to take it in the morning. I don't know if it would be accurate anyway since I have to get up to turn off my alarm!

BTW, your siggy says you are pg instead of how many days til TTC...:haha:

Oops!
Thanks for pointing that out! I thought I could change the text on the sig. Guess you can't. I'll just take it off.

Jess could you have two alarms? One bedside so you can take your temperature, and then one set a couple of minutes later so you have to get up?

I'm going to get started taking the B6 then! My mum was sick until 6 months wil both her pregnancies and I heard this sort of thing can run in families. I'll try anything that might help prevent it!

Wannabmummy good luck for your wedding, and the same for when you do ttc!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->