The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Hi everyone!! I hope your Easter weekend is going well. We've had a good one so far. Off to the football tonight, so should be a good win by my team - The Carlton Blues!! :happydance:

Ooh good to know about the b6 thing with the morning sickness. I am not looking forward to that. Do normal preggie vitamins have b6 in them???

Nanner - try going here to create a countdown to TTC https://lilypie.com/Trying_to_Conceive_Event.php

Well I'm off to get ready for the footy. Talk soon

xo

Hi everyone!! I hope your Easter weekend is going well. We've had a good one so far. Off to the football tonight, so should be a good win by my team - The Carlton Blues!! :happydance:

Ooh good to know about the b6 thing with the morning sickness. I am not looking forward to that. Do normal preggie vitamins have b6 in them???

xo
I went to see the Blues when I was in Melbourne! Have fun! I couldn't understand what was going on, but enjoyed the whole atmosphere all the same.

re: B6, Pregnacare, which is a major-selling conception/pregnancy vitamin here in the UK, has 10mg of B6 in it. From what I've read it's best to take 50-75mg of B6 for sickness, starting as soon as possible before TTC. You mustn't take more than 100mg as it can start to interfere with your nerves, or something like that :wacko:

what a beautiful spring day we have here, should be around 70 degrees ! whoot whoot. it's been such a long winter....

off to my parents today to help my mom prepare for easter dinner, maybe I'll hing to her that I'm WTT so she can get started knitting for me !! She doesn't know yet....so we'll see how I can be sneaky and let her in on the secret haha.

have a great day everyone !!!! :flower:

How exciting DG! Will she be ok with the idea do you think? Or is it something you've discussed with her before, but she just doesn't know it's imminent?

Jess could you have two alarms? One bedside so you can take your temperature, and then one set a couple of minutes later so you have to get up?

I'm going to get started taking the B6 then! My mum was sick until 6 months wil both her pregnancies and I heard this sort of thing can run in families. I'll try anything that might help prevent it!

Wannabmummy good luck for your wedding, and the same for when you do ttc!

I have 3 alarms actually. I have a very hard time dragging myself out of bed in the morning. Therefore the first alarm I don't even wake up to...I'm still asleep when I turn it off. It's like a reflex. So I'm not very hopeful that I will be able to start tracking my BBT. I may just have to do it when I actually wake up and hope that it is still semi-accurate.

I require two alarms to get up in the morning too Jess.
( I don't think I'd be consistent enough at taking my temperature).

I need some sanity... suddenly I'm thinking about pregnancy symptoms when it is probably just a cold or flu? Started with nausea in the middle of this week, followed by throwing up the next day (made me feel better) but then on Friday I had a weird dizzy spell. I've had a sore throat, headache, no fever, sometimes icky stomache feeling, sleepy.. I dunno I just feel sick; and that's probably all it is, I'm on my BCP (though I did miss a pill at the beginnning) but now I'm just thinking way too much about this.
How do I get my mind off of this. grumble grumble.

Lu-is,
I know exactly what you're talking about. I do it too! In fact, about 2 months ago I had myself thoroughly convinced I was pregnant when I probably had eaten something that disagreed with me! I was very disappointed after I took the PT.

Sometimes, when I start over thinking slight nausea and fatigue, I do a head to toe evaluation to help let reason take over. I look for symptoms that are specific to pregnancy, such as tender breasts or a missed period. I then make myself wait a few days after I notice "symptoms" to see if they're real or are in my head before I take a test.

How exciting DG! Will she be ok with the idea do you think? Or is it something you've discussed with her before, but she just doesn't know it's imminent?

nope didn't say a word to mom, we were too busy getting everything ready today. but i did tell my one of brothers who didn't know. all he & his wife could say was wow. then he kept going on about some movie that madonna was in that is the same scenario, some 80's movie...lol

anyways tired but going out with some friends for a bday. later !

:bunny: HAPPY EASTER TO ALL THE JUNEBUGS!!! :bunny:

I hope you all have a lovely day. Does the Easter Bunny come to people in the UK and USA?? Ordinarily the Easter Bunny would leave chocolate easter eggs to the kids and sometimes people will do an Easter Egg hunt. I don't eat chocolate so there's was no Easter Bunny for me today but it's a tradition I'd like to start with my kids when they come along.

off to my parents today to help my mom prepare for easter dinner, maybe I'll hing to her that I'm WTT so she can get started knitting for me !! She doesn't know yet....so we'll see how I can be sneaky and let her in on the secret haha.

I've already got my mum working on knitting for me, she knows we're going to be TTC soon, but not as soon as she thinks! LOL! She knits these lovely throw rugs made from squares and has done about 6 or so made of all different colours. She'd finished one and asked me did I want one for "one day" and I said perhaps she could start on a plain cream coloured one, so now she's doing that as her secret knitting!!

You should learn to knit poppie - it's quite easy really. I do it, although not so good at things like clothing, but blankets and such like are dead easy. I can crochet too, which is even easier and less risk of dropped stitches.

LOL Beccad - I've tried, can't do it! Mum loves it though. She's already got ideas for knitting up little jumpers and things for future LO too. Other than her secret knitting, she's currently knitting a cardigan and beret for my niece. She's also been dressmaking all her life (including all the dresses for my wedding, my dress, my bridesmaids and her own outfit!) she can't wait to make me a woolen blanket, cot sheets, and lots of little person clothes! :)

Talking about the Vitamin B6 - I just checked the preggie vitamins I'm taking. They have 41mg of B6 in them. Do you think this would be an acceptable amount???

I would think that was fine? Not sure really - the small amount of knowledge I imparted is the full extent of it :haha: There's a few threads about it, and a big one in the ttc forum too as it's meant to help prevent miscarriages or something like that? Not really read it all properly to be honest!

Happy Easter!! Yes Poppie, we have an "Easter bunny" too in the US. Lots of Easter egg hunts for the LO's, chocolate bunnies (yum!), etc.

I have major issues with symptom spotting too, I don't have any good advice on getting your mind off of it. For example last week I had:
-sore nipples
-nausea/heartburn
-mood swings
-headaches
But I had these symptoms because I forgot to take my heartburn pills last week, and because I am getting off of the med I take to prevent headaches.

You can't help have the "what if?" in the back of your head. Especially since we have been DTD every 2-3 days lately without protection.

I can't believe I forgot! I was so excited...last night DH told me that he was "kind of looking forward to having a LO around"!!!!! He's always been sort of indifferent about it, like he was just going along with what I want. I guess he has been thinking about it! It just feels really good to know he is totally on board, you know?

I can't believe I forgot! I was so excited...last night DH told me that he was "kind of looking forward to having a LO around"!!!!! He's always been sort of indifferent about it, like he was just going along with what I want. I guess he has been thinking about it! It just feels really good to know he is totally on board, you know?

that's awesome ! you definitely need his support in this ! :thumbup:

I'm stressing myself out girls....1 week to go....i called FOB today and was crying telling him I'm getting cold feet. I still want to do it, and I don't want to wait. It's just hard b/c when your friends tell you that you should wait, it's hard to tell yourself this is your decision and no one else's.......

:headspin:

Happy Easter Y'all!! Hope everyone had a great day!! My grandparents and uncle came over and we had a great time and I made a delish meal if I do say so myself!! Hubby was so cute this AM and said "ok kids go and look for your easter baskets!" It was adorable! We dyed easter eggs last night just the 2 of us. It was alot of fun.

Another one of my hubby's cousin's announced she's pregnant today. So that brings a total of 2 of OH's cousins and his 1 aunt all pregnant and due this year. Along with my 1 friend and my 1 cousin. Ugh. So jealous of all 5 of them. But my time with come soon enough I hope! I guess another one of his cousins is trying but I guess is having problems. We will not be telling either of our families - just in case we end up having some sort of issue and I don't like people knowing our personal business.

Oh I am so excited that my sister comes to visit next week! And then it will be May! So that means another month closer!

I know what you mean snowflake ! I know 5 people right now that are PG !! ARGGGHHH!!!!!

I'm stressing myself out girls....1 week to go....i called FOB today and was crying telling him I'm getting cold feet. I still want to do it, and I don't want to wait. It's just hard b/c when your friends tell you that you should wait, it's hard to tell yourself this is your decision and no one else's.......

:headspin:

I feel the same sometimes. My family says we should wait A FEW YEARS:cry:! DH's family says go for it! My coworkers and boss are excited for us to try too, but then one coworker said the other day that we should wait, and enjoy our lives...umm, babies apparently ruin your life?????

My point is, everyone has an opinion. You just have to do what is right for YOU. I know it's hard, and I think everyone has those doubts. We're always here for you to talk it out though! If you know in your heart you are ready, go for it!

I luckily am not around any pg people on a daily basis....Facebook is a killer though!

In other news...no line on my OPK's again. I don't think I missed ovulation because I haven't had any CM even remotely close to EWCM, and my cervix is still low, closed, and hard. Like it has been since my last AF. I know this is only my second cycle after stopping BCP's but I am getting frustrated. It would really suck if I have issues ovulating. That's always in the back of my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->