The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Morning everyone.

Confusing story but .....Last night a good friend told me that another of our friend's is pregnant (we were just chatting on FB). She told me because she knows we've been trying and wanted to make sure I'd be ok as she doesn't know our little secret. Of course we haven't told anyone and are keeping it a secret from this group of friends until we all attend a wedding at the end of this month. It was so hard not tell her there and then but it'll be awesome when this other friend tells me at the wedding and I'll be able to go "me too!".

No other real news here, been a bit bloated the last 24 hours, my tummy feels huge too bad it's only the bloat.

Swan - how exciting about feeling baby now. Can't wait to be able to feel that.

Pink - glad AF came and you can hopefully get back to normal this month.

Ceedee - good luck for your first appointment.

Singers - what's your EDD?? We'll be quite close together.

Kim - just keep on sexing... lol!!

Have a good day everyone... bring on Friday!!

Hi girls, hope you're all well.

Belated happy birthday to wana, and pink sorry you finally got AF, although at least it's good to know where you stand. Have fun in Weymouth! Dorset is my most favourite place in the world!

I'm still waiting to ovulate, a bit later than other months as I'm CD15 today, but I think it will happen in the next day or two. Thankfully DH isn't working right through ovulation this cycle, so it means we stand a chance at least!

Snowflakes - re big fat gypsy wedding. A lot of gypsys do still move around and live in caravans, although some live in houses now. The women very rarely work, but the men pretty much all do. They very rarely work for anyone else though, and tend to have building, gardening, drive laying, rubbish clearance and tipping type businesses and do a lot of it cash in hand. There is always money on the gypsy sites, there is never any credit, loans and there is a strong ethic of providing for your family. The girls get married early as it's a very traditional culture in many ways, they must be virgins when they're married, and then they're housewives. There is certainly no living together before marriage. As a culture they tend to keep to themselves, although increasingly send their children to the state schools (my mum is a deputy headteacher) but the kids often need a lot of help getting up to speed with the rest of the class. Most councils have designated sites for travellers pitches, but there are a few large scale often illegal campsites which results in evictions and a lot of bad blood between the gypsys and the local residents. My husband is Irish and they have a much stronger gyspy culture over there compared to the UK.

Nanner, I wouldn't worry too much about the heartbeat. If your uterus tilts backwards at all you sometimes can't hear the heartbeat at all even in the third trimester, so maybe you've just got a bit of a tilt.

I can't believe some people only get 6 weeks off work, in the UK legally all employers are required to offer 26 weeks but most offer 52.

10DPO today and 9 DPOC (days past onset of cold!). We got back from New York last night (so hi Kimberley - not hiding but I'm touched to be missed), had an absolutely amazing week and can't wait to go back sometime. The cold was a real shame as it meant I was quite tired and couldn't go for as long as I wanted (and also spent over $200 on cold and flu meds which would have been better spent on shoes). Speaking of DH had been saving up some of his mystery shopping money and suprised me on our anniversary with a pair of Manolo knee boots and another pair of black heels. I also got a few nice designer dresses at Century 21, I'd love to say because I bought them I'll get pg and get no use out of them, but not feeling too positive about that atm. I'm looking on the positives of being baby-free atm - got to take DH in a helicopter for our anniversary for one.

Going to the docs to pick up anti-biotics tomorrow, so I did a test today as I'd rather know before taking anything, BFN but I suppose there is the possibility its just too early.

Saw baby gender tests in a chemist in NY - $40 but it makes no claims on how it works, or how reliable it is. I've never heard of such a thing but excited by the concept of something different to pee on.

Congrats Mrs Gibbs, your wedding looks lovely. I think they were taking pictures because you're a complete stunner tbh!

Well, it's back to the real world! :wacko:

I had a good weekend at the cabin, but it was so chilly and windy! I didn't get out on the water much, but was able to rest as much as I like.

So much went on while I was gone! I don't see much for bad news and I see lots of good news! :thumbup: I'm glad all is well!

Hey girls.

Nanner - Glad you had fun at the cabin.

Dinah - Thanks for the explanation of Gypsies. I am still very intrigued by them.

Becca - Hit those sheets!!

Poppie - Hope your surprise works out with your friend! That would be great!

Pink - Happy that AF came for you!

Hey Y'all!!

AFM, another temp raise but am being cautious about it as I woke up earlier than usual (15 min) and was quite warm under the comforter this AM (but always temp under covers). Still remaining hopeful at the same time.

Dianah - Hello! I saw someone on BB talking about the wee gender tests! Apparently they worked for some people! Have a look at the forums.. I Cant remember where it is have a look.

How is everyone, I have a DRS appointment on Saturday so I might ask whether I can get an early scan, Maybe lay it on a bit thick about how much Im worrying and Blah.. Blah... Because it would be amazing to have a scan.

Wanna How are you?
Kim Perhaps ask the DR about your concerns...

Poppie I bet you were bursting to tell her! It would have been really hard for me.. My EDD should be 2nd May!! when are you!!

snowflake - Temp rises good! Even just steady high temps!

Anyway ladies, My mum has just rung up so I will have a chat tommorrow!

Hey Singers thanks for asking :D

Sorry i haven't been on much i went for a meal last night with hubby for my birthday and then tonight i've watched Water for Elephants (for the 2nd time this week :p) I bought the book in the airport and read it on the plane to Greece and loved it!! So bought the dvd for my birthday and loved that as well!! :D :D

Once again i have no clue this month. I am nearing the end of my 2WW and i have no signs of pregnancy (i think) and no signs that AF are coming :shrug: I mean I've got a bit spotty now and i've had a few twinges this week that are a bit random and my boobs seem to have filled out a bit but they did that last month.

Poppie i meant to say that you know the crampy feeling followed by a toilet trip you were on about. After you had said about it i had it yeasterday morning which is a bit odd tbh. Woke up then my tummy felt a bit odd and then went to the toilet and felt better. It was a bit wierd this morning as well i woke up feeling hungry to the point of feeling a bit nauseas but i think i'm just picking up on those cause theres nothing else lol

Well we'll soon see wont we. Although we did have the discussion yeasterday about possibly putting baby making on hold for a little while as Hubby is on about looking for a new job. However he said not to and carry on the way we are and we'll see as it goes along.

Just a quick question whilst we're at it.....to all you prego ladies :D :D what symptoms if any did you get and we're they straight away or after oyu found out like implantation bleeding, morning sickness, bloating, tiredness etc etc I just thought it would be nice to see what your experiences have been.

xxx

Tested today at 10DPO as I need antibiotics to clear my cough, but it was a BFN. Maybe too early I guess, but probably just nothing there.

DHs gran passed this evening, he's handling it okay as we knew it was coming sometime soon, but we've just had to fork out £447 for flights back to Ireland for the weekend.

Hi guys, sorry I've been MIA. Still super busy.

Dinah - A friend of mine is 17+5 right now. She did one of those Intelligender urine tests ($35) at 11 weeks and it said boy right away. She had a scan today and it was right! She's having a boy! So when I get pg I think I'll get one of those tests too!

Sorry to hear about that Dinah :hugs:

I'm fairly certain that off the shelf gender tests wouldn't get licensed in this country as there's some communities that do prefer to have boys. In some areas they won't even tell you the gender in the 20 week scan as there can be issues with people terminating pregnancies if the baby isn't the desired gender.

Sorry to hear about that Dinah :hugs:

I'm fairly certain that off the shelf gender tests wouldn't get licensed in this country as there's some communities that do prefer to have boys. In some areas they won't even tell you the gender in the 20 week scan as there can be issues with people terminating pregnancies if the baby isn't the desired gender.

Really? I didn't know we had that in the UK. Obviously you get some people that would but i didn't think it was that big x

Just popping in to say hello and TGIF!

Had a big day today, soooo tired. Looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.

Dinah - sorry to hear about DH's Gran. Thinking of you.

I hope everyone else is well??

Sorry but I seem to be reporting on every little thing atm but - TMI - DTD last night, first time since I found out I was preg, today I had a big glob of milky cm (with a little pink in it). Do you think this was just the "left overs" coming out of me?? I'm freaking about every little thing, which I know I shouldn't. It'd be in pain and bleeding heaps if it were something bad hey??

I hope you all have a good weekend.
:dust:

Hello everyone, Happy Friday.

Dinah, Sorry for your loss.

Beccad, That’s so sad that people would actual terminate because of the “wrong” gender.

Poppie, Sounds like “left overs” to me.

I had my first prenatal appointment yesterday. It went well. It was what I expected lots of questions from the prenatal nurse, gave a urine and blood sample. To my surprise she also did a quick ultrasound to measure the baby. I got to see the heart beating and the baby moving around. I was so excited. The baby measured 9 weeks 4 days. The pictures weren’t as clear as the screen, but it was still nice to have the pics. Now I have to schedule genetic screening.

Good luck catching the egg Becca! :dust:

Maternity leave benefits in the US are pretty crappy; I totally agree Dinah. :haha: Ah well, such is life! :) Glad you had a nice vacation - how was NY? Man what a time to come out, after the storms and stuff! Glad you were safe and enjoyed yourselves though!

Welcome back Nanner! Glad you had fun!

FX double-time for you Snow! :D :dance: :dust:

I'd hint or ask for a scan Singers, if I were in your shoes. I mean, for reassurance sake and all. Worth a shot to see anyway, as I'm sure they'd understand. :) Good luck at your appointment!

Hope it's not the :witch: Wana! :haha: And best wishes to OH as he's on the job hunt! Hubby is potentially hunting for another job as he's grown exhausted with the one he's working now, and it doesn't offer benefits. We're just waiting to see how things go though - he has steady income now and obviously will only ditch that if he has a plan in place. lol. So we'll see.

As for symptoms, I honestly didn't have much indicative of pregnancy at first. I found out 11 DPO and I had period-like cramps that were pretty intense, like any other period when I'm off the pill. :haha: I was bloated, but I'm a PMS-bloater too, so it wasn't until like, a week after I got my :bfp: where I realized I was bloating enormously, more than usual. I didn't get MS until 6 weeks, but everyone varies there. I broke out almost immediately though, and wrestled with acne for all of first tri and still now, but to a lesser degree. I only tested because my dog was acting weird, clingy and such, and I found it rather odd. But plenty of other women get symptoms, I just happened to be one whose symptoms mimicked PMS so I didn't anticipate getting a positive! lol. HTH!

Aw Dinah, sorry to hear about OH's gran! :hugs:

I know quite a few ladies on here who've purchased Intelligender tests on eBay and such - stalked a few threads on them too. :) Tends to be a mix of who gets them right and who does not. I know someone (Jokerette) who paid for an in-home blood test that she shipped away and it shipped back results for her. She's waiting for her scan in a few more weeks to prove the test correct, but she's going by it as it's supposed to be exceptionally accurate. :) I believe she also did an intelligender test too.

I'd say leftovers, Poppie. :hugs: I had some spotting a few times in the beginning after DTD. Always scary, but "losing oddities" is common, lol, since it knocks around what's been hiding up there, if that makes sense.

Congrats on the great appointment and scan CeeDee! So exciting!

And I see Mrs Mel is on here right now - hello love! ;D (she'll perhaps have even posted by the time I get this monster post up there LOL)

AFM:

Genetics tests came back negative, so all looks to be fine with the baby. :) Didn't even get a range like most women (1/500, etc), just an, "all is negative, congrats!" So this is great.

Had a blast shopping with sister and momma yesterday. Got a bundle of things for great prices, so I'm pumped. Going to another sale near my work next Wednesday, so I can't wait. But dang I wish I was going to know the baby's sex. There's some CUTE LITTLE OUTFITS out there. Ah well, hopefully after I find out, I'll find another sale to attend to swoop up some more goodies. ;)

Happy Friday everyone! xoxo

Hello ladies! There's a lot to catch up on :)

I've got to rush to pick up hubby, but love to everyone! Good luck to those trying to catch the egg soon (I'll be on the case next week ;)) and hello to all the lovely ladies with bumps too!

I'll do a proper catch up soon.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! xx

Here are a few more as promised (although a bit late :blush: ) My laptop doesn't like uploading them and it takes forever so they will be coming in small installments lol :)

xxx

Attachments

• DSC_8812.jpg
    DSC_8812.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 11
  • DSC_8815.jpg
    DSC_8815.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_8823.jpg
    DSC_8823.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 9
  • DSC_8825.jpg
    DSC_8825.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8833.jpg
    DSC_8833.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 9
Happy weekend!

I can't believe how tired I am. Went to bed early last night, slept in today and have already had a nap this arvo! I suppose I should rest while I can. Everything else is ok atm, thanks for the support on the "left overs" thing. I'd been very cautious of DTD just incase (and having had that spotting). Poor hubby thought his job was done and I no longer needed him! LOL! Just a little cramping today, mainly just windy tummy I think. Can't wait to get to my appointment on Tueday, I hope I get another scan.

CeeDee - glad your appointment went well. Were you measuring right on time??

Swan - great news about your scan results. Also, shopping is fun hey?? Mum keeps promising to take me shopping when they are down here at Christmas time. I can't wait to get everything organised.

Mrs Mel - sending :dust: to you and everyone on the catching of the egg plan.

WanaB - your photos are just gorgeous. Thanks for sharing some more. It looked like a beautiful day.

Snow - when are you testing??

It's cold again here, so I'm planning on spending most of the weekend rugged up and napping on the couch.

:flow:

Wanab What lovely photos.. I had such a lovely day on My Wedding day that I love looking at other peoples wedding photos as I know how you must have felt.. especially with the lovely weather!

Swan Great about the tests , I cant wait to going shopping with my family. Have you bought much??

Well DRS was very disappointing, they took my family health history weighed me, took my blood pressure, and made an appointment for me on Monday to have my bloods taken, (joy of joys) on the plus side, the nurse was quite positive about getting a scan to check everything was ok so it makes me hopeful, Hopefully if I can get a referral on Mpnday, then I can go on Tuesday for a scan (my new job has pushed me back another week for a start date which is a pain money wise, but at least it means I can have all the first scans without having to tell them.) It a first come firsts serve appartently and I have to go at 830 and que up!

How is everyone elses weekends going? My OH is training to be a St Johns ambulance First responder so is on a course, dont feel like I have seen him at all this week! I have however been consoling myslef with watching old re-runs of murder she wrote I love it..Angela Lansbury is fantastic!

Well have a good weekend

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->