The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I've never learned to knit and I barely know how to sew well enough to hem my pants, but I have found a crafty hobby that I can do!

I took up mosaic tiling a few years back and have gotten pretty good at it. I'm finishing up "alphabet blocks" for a friend's upcoming arrival. I made three blocks from maple wood and stained it. I then tiled letters of the alphabet on the sides. To jazz it up, I had a (artistically gifted) friend paint flowers of different types of each block. So far, they look pretty good! They'd look great displayed on shelves or a dresser.

So there's another option for us that weren't ever patient enough to learn how to knit. It's surprisingly easy and you don't need a lot of supplies! :thumbup:

I have finally caught up with everyone!
I heard the about the Orgasm thing as well.. Im definately going to be trying that!!
Knitting is fun! I started to knit squares to make a blanket ages ago, but have started trying a bit harder now, though not doing any particular colours. I taught myself using Youtube, its a great tool. I have made loads of hats, and a couple of dog coats! for all those out there that cant knit, go get some wool, and needles from the local charity shop and give it a go!

OH told me yesterday he was really excited about having a LO and if I wanted to start sooner we could!!! Whooppee... I think we might start NTNP this month, and see what happens, I would hate to ditch the group just after I have managed to work out the sig. thing!!! I hope you all had a good easter break I am very pleased to report the weather was flippin fantastic here in London, so I had as much skin out as possible!
Have a lovely Easter Monday evening and post soon (no doubt!!)

yah don't ditch us, i am going to start trying next week, we are starting early as well, but I told the group I am staying in this thread !!

Oh, I totally cannot knit. I've tried and tried to learn, I guess I have no patience? :(

I love knitting! Right now I'm making stuff for my sisters LO who's due this summer, then I'm going to make some extra stuff for me. :)
Once I'm done these cute booties I'm making I'll post a picture.

that's so awesome !!! I need to go get a lesson from my mom...she's the knitter. I did buy some crochet needles at this sale I went to, and I've been trying to teach myself but it's not going well, so I need to go learn from her instead...lol yes def post pics, we wanna see !!!!!!!

and for everyone i had a booklet come through for this baby shop, and its really good has lots of things which make life easier, for example a machine which dispensers milk powder to the bottle, and a pushchair tidier for shoppin bags. its really quite good and worth having a look its called

www.jojomamanbebe.co.uk

have a look and tell me what you all think xx

ohhhh i really want the red bottle drying rack, never seen one of those here in the States ! very cool.

Today at Target I bought one of those full body Boppy body pillows !! Can't wait to sleep with it tonight ! Plus I can use it with the baby when it comes !

ohhhhh...(edit) turns out my dog is trying to claim my new Boppy pillow...........!!!!!!! haha

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much this weekend, it has been busy!
Hope everyone had a great Easter!

Had to go present shopping for a new born this weekend and we saw the most adorable little outfits and t-shirts for both girls and boys! I can't wait to start shopping for our own little one!

Having said that, I also wish I could knit and sew, I think I might add it to my list of things to learn before the baby comes!

Hope everyone is good, another weekend gone so we're now all 1 week closer! :happydance:

Just me again, testing my new signature!

Edit - yippee it works!!

Those of you who are UK based and knit, can I just draw your attention to this group that knits/collects/distributes knitted items for neonatal units and premature babies up and down the country https://ukpreemies.blogspot.com/ THat site is a bit muddled, but there's also a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/pages/PreemiesUK/177082545655482#!/pages/PreemiesUK/177082545655482?sk=info

I adore Ice cream, When I first went to Venice, we had the time out guide and went round venice via every Ice cream shop!! It was fantastic. Needless to say we didnt eat much else on the holiday!

Thank you for not kicking me off!

Has anyone else been thinking about prams and Nappies??
My friend is really into the cloth nappy thing, and well I love there designs, so thought I would give it a go to, but dont even know where to start!
Prams are so horrendously expensive!!! I suppose if you pick well you can get one to alst but my goodness! I spent all of last night idly looking at prams on the net, does anyone know of a good pram shop in London, that if all goes to plan I can go and have a look at?

Im on 36 of my knitted squares, and am aiming to reach 48 once I get there I will post a pic..

swanxxsong I would love to see your booties!

Hope everyone is not to shocked at the return to work, I am happy to say that its gone quite cold now, so I dont have to sit at work wishing I was outside..

Bye for now

Singers, there's the Baby Barn in Surrey, near Surbiton https://www.a3babybarn.co.uk/ Probably only good if you've got a car, though!

I thought it was going to be a bit warmer today - I came out to work this morning with just my cardi and I've spent the whole day wishing I'd brought my coat! It's alright indoors, but I just went out for some lunch (am in Central London) and it's a bit cooler than I was expecting.

Well, I just got back from Marshalls. I bought the Bug tummy time mat. I couldn't resist the price and how cute it is.

Hubby also brought up out of the blue today that if we wanted to start TTC in June that we could. He said what's one more month? Let just do June. I actually turned him down as I would feel guilty that he would still be in mid-semester if we miracliously got pregnant our first month- the due date would then be in March - I said it wouldn't be fair to him even though he says he really doesnt care. I'd rather the birth day be closer to the summer time when he will be out of school. As hard as it was to say no, I really think it is for the better. I really would like to start sooner but the timing just wouldn't be right for all involved. Even though I am fairly certain it will take a few months to get that BFP!!!

pictures will be great to see :)
is anyone watching bringing up britain tonight at nine? bbc3.
I have been looking at prams and i know they are so expensive but i have really got my heart on one. but its so so so much money. its the bugaboo i know its alot of money but im yet to find another one which i really like, so all offers wecome :) has anybody else looked into prams :) xx

I just did a quick count down until June. 35 days!! :dance:

Afternoon ladies!

Are all the UK ladies excited about the royal wedding on Friday? I am keen to watch it on TV here on Friday night so will be switching bewteen that and the footy.

I know what you mean about pram prices. They are expensive here too. We already have one which we got from our friend but part of me wants to buy a new one. I am a little concerned that the one we have is too difficult to fold up but I guess I just need more practise with it.

Well I am just home for my lunch break, then I am off to the city to deliver some training. Should mean an early arvo for me, then I can be home early.

So what are prams? Poppie has filled me in on nappies, but I'm not sure on prams. :shrug:

So what are prams? Poppie has filled me in on nappies, but I'm not sure on prams. :shrug:

strollers :) yah I'm used to all the european terms because I'm from Ireland....but live in the States (for like 30 years haha) lol so I kinda fit in around here :) haha

SOOOO frustrated with FOB today !! He was supposed to get all his STD tests weeks ago !! I reminded him monday night that I needed a copy of his results !!! Then he was like uhhmmm I messed up and forgot to reschedule my appt !! He didn't get them done when I thought he did weeks ago !! ARGH ! MEN !!!!!!!

So he went today to get tested, but who knows how long the results will take. He was told the paper results will take 2 weeks. I'm sure he can find out results verbally before then or online.....we were supposed to start inseminating early next week !! ARGH !!! So if he can't get the results before say, next monday or tuesday, then I'll have to wait until next cycle to start.....

:dohh: :dohh: :dohh: :dohh:

Singers, there's the Baby Barn in Surrey, near Surbiton https://www.a3babybarn.co.uk/ Probably only good if you've got a car, though!

I thought it was going to be a bit warmer today - I came out to work this morning with just my cardi and I've spent the whole day wishing I'd brought my coat! It's alright indoors, but I just went out for some lunch (am in Central London) and it's a bit cooler than I was expecting.

I did exactly the same yesterday, I'm just a little south of London! Spent the whole day really cold, I think after the lovely hot weekend, it was a bit of a shock! I'll be more prepared today!

I'm looking forward to the Royal wedding, plan to watch it with a very English lunch (cream tea, tea in an actual teapot and some little triangular sandwiches)!

All the best dodgegirl! I hope you're not left waiting too long!

I did exactly the same yesterday, I'm just a little south of London! Spent the whole day really cold, I think after the lovely hot weekend, it was a bit of a shock! I'll be more prepared today!

I'm looking forward to the Royal wedding, plan to watch it with a very English lunch (cream tea, tea in an actual teapot and some little triangular sandwiches)!

All the best dodgegirl! I hope you're not left waiting too long!

Brought my coat out today! Whereabouts do you live? I'm in Surrey, near Weybridge...

DG, that's really annoying for you. I hope he gets the results really soon so you don't have to wait another cycle :hugs:

Royal Wedding - will be watching it on TV, although I've half a mind to come into London for the day, but I don't know if that's a totally mad idea or not. It's going to be really busy isn't it, plus I'm short, so I won't see anything :blush:

And yes OMG about the prices of prams/strollers. £600???! I might try and avoid buying an all singing all dancing travel system. Everyone I know has used their's for a few months and then ditched it for something much lighter and smaller once the baby gets to about six months. But then what do you get instead? The baby has to lie flat for the first few months so you can't just get a bog-standard Maclaren type pushchair can you...

LOL sorry, I forget we don't all use the same lingo!

Dodgegirl - that is frustrating. I hope you get the results soon.

57 days until our trip to the USA which means it's 57 until we start TTC. Wish I could be TTC at the start of June with you all, but hubby and I made a deal not to TTC until we get to New York :rolleyes: I spose it's a good thing really. I don't want to have morning sickness when I'm trying to be a tourist in NYC or in mid-air on a plane. Also if we are lucky enough to get it happening first try, that two week wait will be taken up with the trip so I won't be thinking about it as and waiting.

We got the final drawings for our home today. Our customer service representative said that hopefully something will start happening out at our block by the end of the week. Very exciting :happydance: this will see the start of many visits to our block (about 20mins away) to check for progress!!

yay for you poppie :D
and that is a good idea about not trying to after as mornign sickness and a plane will not go well together but for the two week wait might be good that yoru away to take away you thinking about it as you would be having too much fun!
yeah prams/pushchairs are so much money but part of me doesnt mind spending as we have saved quite abit so far im we are not even expecting so i was thinking why not just buy the one we like? only have your first child once if you know what i mean?
The royal wedding i will be watching well at least watch enough to see her dress :D

weather has turned pretty lame today hasnt it, says its going to rain at the weekend poor wedding lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->