The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

I keep logging on to see if Swan has come back with the result of her scan yet, but then remember the time difference, so she's probably only just getting out of bed right now!

Singers, you're in luck that a lot of fashion this autumn/winter is quite flow-y loose sort of styles, 70s-esque. My friend had to buy maternity trousers at about eight weeks, not because she had a bump, but because her hips had widened. She hadn't put weight on, just that they'd got wider and they've never gone back. She bought maternity rather than just a size up as she didn't want to buy two lots of new clothing... Have you tried the hair elastic trick, where you undo the button on your trousers, and then hook a bit of hair band round the button, pass the rest through the hole and then hook the other bit over the button. Gives you an extra inch or two in the waist, although you'll need a longer top.

9DPO for me. I'm a bit tired as I woke up in the middle of the night feeling a bit rattled about a VERY raunchy dream I had! I lay awake for 30 mins or so afterwards worrying about it. I was dreaming about doing you-know-what with a guy-friend of mine, whom I was sort of seeing for a while about 10 years ago. Totally bizzare!

As I sit here with my jean buttons undone! I defiantely try the hair band trick! Its odd because Im just not liking the tight feeling around my hips. I havent put on any weight (though I did put on 1 kg in 2 days due to stupid nurses not reading the scale properly!!) either, so perhaps if they have widen (not that they need to get much wider) maybe thats whats going on!

Thank you for the Tip... Still eagerly awaiting Swan!!!

Yeah, great tip Becca! I've resorted to just a couple pairs of work pants that aren't too tight. Most of my jeans are getting uncomfortable already. They were on the tighter side to begin with.

:pink: :D

I actually was up almost 3 hours before your post Becca! :haha: I decided to go in to work early to make up for missing 2x this week (double appointment week) and I couldn't sleep so I figured, what the heck? I woke up at 6, and was at work by 7. Now I'm here for the rest of the day - 7 long hours to go yet. Zzz.

Ohhh aren't raunchy, vivid dreams crazy Becca? I sometimes wake up mortified over the things about which I've dreamt. :haha:

Congratulations on girl!!! At least you can stop trying to think up boys names!!!

Hoorayyyyy!! Team Pink for you Swan!! I bet you are just over the moon!!

For pants - I have heard that Bella Bands work well too! I see them at Target!!

Wooo! Great news Swan. Yeah the dreams are a bit random sometimes. This one was way too graphic!

Thanks ladies! I’m over the moon – all looks great and healthy and that’s what truly mattered. But she was moving the entire time, making it tough for them to count her fingers and toes accordingly (haha) and her legs were uncrossed the entire time, so we got a nice little peek at what was going on with her. LOL.

YES. No more beating hubby over the head for a boys’ name since we actually found a girl’s name we loved off the bat. :haha: But we think we have a boy name now…for the baby boy we hope to have down the road. xD

I tend to have pretty vivid dreams a lot, Becca – pre and during pregnancy – and man, I always hate waking up going, “Oh what just happened?” Or waking up not knowing if it was real or not. I’ve done that a few times; waking up thinking I cheated on hubby or that someone died, all because of a dream. :dhoh:

Belly Bands from Target = win! I lost mine this weekend (saddest ever) so I went and bought another one. For 16 bucks, it’s well worth it. I still am wearing mostly pre-pregnancy pants, unbuttoned, though a few pairs are beginning to not fit anymore as I’m gaining more than just baby weight. Ahem. I need to get myself back in gear for the second half of this. I’m slacking way too badly and it’s beginning to show.

My SIL gained 60lbs during her pregnancy Swan :shock: Defo worth trying to keep on top of non baby weight gain (although I gather it's normal to gain a little) as it's a mission to lose it afterwards! She did eat LOADS, though, and she had bad morning sickness and the only thing that helped was eating through it. Just that she ate loads of McDonalds! We were living practically next door in the last few weeks of her pregnancy and I used to go round there and she'd be chomping her way through sharing-sized bags of crisps/chips just as an afternoon snack.

She's also put on MORE weight after she had the baby, as she'd been told she could eat whatever she wanted whilst breastfeeding, but it turns out there are limits :haha: She's been at weightwatchers since the baby was about 16 weeks (now 11 months), and she's lost about 30lbs.

Your chart's looking great beccad! Temps rising nicely, fingers crossed!

Oh man Becca - that's my biggest fear! Right now I have gained about 20 in 20 weeks - fluctuating between 18-20 pounds gained. It's not horrible, all things considered, but not ideal for my brain. LOL. It's tough because so many websites said I should only gain about 25 pounds but my doctor said I was doing alright the last time I went, so I'm interested to see what she says this week (Wed). Props to your sister-in-law for being able to start dropping it though! That's great for her. :)

I figure I just need to get moving more. lol.

And Mrs Mel is right, your chart looks great! :dust: and FX for you!

I'm feeling vaguely positive this cycle Mrs Mel, but trying not to get my hopes up too much at the same time! We gave it our best shot.

yaaayyyy Swan a lil girlie for you :) congrats!

Dinah your not the only newish couple. Me and hubby obviously have been married not quite a month now and have been together 3 years this October.

Btw as long as all goes well when we pop in on Wed to start the ball rolling ...we will be moving 29th October!!!! :happydance: and we wont have to pay 2 months rent at once!!! :happydance: the landlord is willing to wait till the end of the month so we can live out our last month rent where we are!!!

xxx

Yay Swan! That's amazing... I love little girls! You can dress them up and all kinds of fun stuff, and they have so many more cute clothes for girls than boys... Go Team Pink!!

I am definitely running out to get a Bella Band as soon as I get pg. I wear scrubs to work though, so I won't have to worry about maternity work clothes for a while.

My mom gained 80 pounds with me, but that was mostly due to nightly Taco Bell runs (my dad gained 40 pounds!). So hopefully if I stay off of the fast food I won't gain that much!

Becca, it sounds good for you! FX'd!

Great news wana! Sounds like you've got a good landlord too.

Congratulations Swan, you're going to have a little girl! Yay!!!

I should definetly start going for walks more often, I spent most of the weekend eating because I was hungry every hour it felt like.

As you all know i'm not pregnant yet....

However hubby went out after work to pick up furniture for the new house when we move which was an absoloute bargin!!! and came back with...

...a mamas and papas cream and red spotted car seat and a baby style lux collection pram/pushchair!!! I couldn't believe it!

Its his brothers from his little on and he had given it to their dad to throw out. Well we're storing our furniture at his dads garage until we move and OH saw it and decided that he'd bring it home to see if i wanted us to keep it or we could sell it on.

They are both in fab condition just need a bit of a clean and a wash but all of its there apart from the new born head support on the car seat. The pushchair is like the silver cross ones that go flat etc

I don't know what to do tbh because obviously we arn't even pregnant yet. What do you all think???

I googled them both and obviously i know they arn't new and are a few years old but the car seat atm retails at 140-160 and then the pram/pushchair is 450-550 so they ain't shabby lol

i don't know i just don't want to be tempting fate kinda thing and plus we are moving now which makes it awkward with explaining to people. arrrrrggghh i don't know?!?!?

HELP??? lol

xxx

p.s i'll take a picture tomorrow and put them on lol :)

I'd keep it. I've been stashing baby stuff whenever anyone is giving it away. We have everything at out own house though, so we don't have to explain it to anyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->