The Junebugs: TTC June 2011! 18 BFP's :) + 4 angels :( - 14 Junebug babies born!

Morning all!!

Swan- Horray! Team Pink! :kiss: Congratulations. Aria is a lovely name too.

Singers- my clothes haven't been too bad, as I tend to wear things loose anyway (I'm a bigger girl and like to hide it). I did luckily get some new pants just before I found out I was expecting which are high waist ones so they do up higher than where my tummy is starting to bloat out. I've seen those belly band things at Target and thinking I might grab one soon for jeans and work pants. I also bought some bigger bra's (just stretchy, sports type ones) mine are just starting to become uncomfy. They seem to work fine under my work shirts at the moment. In saying all that, I have bought a couple of maternity clothes, jeans, 3 tops and a dress on sale that will come in handy over the summer.

Wana - good work on the baby purchases. I think I've mentioned before that I've had baby stuff stashed away for a couple of years now. A good friend was having her 2nd and needed a double pram, so we got theirs for cheap (still in great condition) and we also have a carseat and a portacot which have been used by friends who have come to visit with their kids. I also have a few little outfits and some sheets that were too hard to resist on sale.

All our TWW'ers and waiting to Ov's - :dust: for you.

AFM- another good friend of mine had her 2nd baby yesterday, a boy - William Oliver. Lovely name. Can't wait til I can share that news with everyone come the end of April.

I think maybe the MS is catching up with me as I felt queasy pretty much all day yesterday. Not fair! I thought I was going to avoid it. Least I haven't vomited... yet.

I've been terrible on the food thing and must get into some more exercise. I find that I've been eating a lot more during the day and also having a big dinner at night. Trying to incorporate as much fruit and veg as I can, but I find I just want carbs. Ugh, hopefully I don't stack it on too much.

Wanna - If the stuff is in good shape and the car seat isn't expired I'd keep it! :) Awesome way to save money for other things.

Poppie - Sorry the MS might be getting you.. I hope it doesn't stick around!

Swan - Aria is a very purty name.

I've been having evening sickness for the past 3 days in the row. I don't feel like eating anything right now, nothing sounds appealing. but at the same I feel eating something might make me feel better.. or I'll just try and have a nap if I can ignore the queasiness.

Sorry you aren't feeling well Lu.

I forgot, I have a really funny "baby brain" story from last weekend. My cousin (the one who is pg) left the kitchen to use the restroom. A few seconds later, she stuck her head out the door, and asked "is there a trick to locking this door? I can't find the lock".

She was in........................................... the laundry room!!!:rofl:

My mom was like, "were you going to pee in the sink?". It was so freaking funny! My cousin said that she just saw the sink and thought it was the bathroom. (The bathroom and laundry room are right across from each other). She has been to my parent's house many times before.

Do any of you who are pg have any baby brain stories?

Hmm.... i dont really have any classic stories yet, I have just been a bit more vague than usual.

Only this story.....at my first obs appointment last week I kept telling the midwife I was 6 weeks and we were both puzzled at why the computer wasnt working out the dates right. After that I had to give a urine sample and I thought about it while I was peeing, then saw her again and went, oh no I am 7 weeks! Duh! I think it's cuz I had to have week 6 twice because of my original dates being changed when I had the scan.

Wana, have you got car? Could you just bung it in the boot until you move so no one sees it? Or have you got a friend you can trust who'll look after it? How much help will you need with moving? Great find, though!

I don’t plan on getting the flu shot. The last time I got it I had a horrible reaction and practically ended up in the hospital. My nurse midwife said it was my choice.

I’m seriously thinking about getting some maternity pants. Everything fits until its time to button them. I’ve been wearing dresses because they are just more comfortable. I’m worried about gaining too much weight because I was a few pounds overweight before hand.

Swanx, I knew you were having a girl. Congrats!

Wanab, I would keep the stuff. My sister gave me her bassinet in April, even before we were trying. It was in such good condition that she didn’t want to just sell it at a yard sale. Maybe it will bring baby dust.

I think my main problem is, I was quite silm when I met my husband and then put on about 4st (over 2 years) by going out and eating way to lavishly. Then we both proceeded to go on various diets, Lighter Life, Cambridge, Weight to Go - and Last year I managed to get down to my ideal weight I stayed there untill this march when I found out I pg so stopped thinking so much about what I was eating, then had the MC in June, and then just thought that I didnt care about my weight anymore. So put on the half stone, which takes me above my ideal BMI and so I feel quite uncomfy now Im starting to bloat and my clothes arent fitting, mainly because of my boobs and I have a singing think coming up in a couple of weeks, and everytime I go to look for soemting to wear (as nothing in my wardrobe is fitting) I feel like I look like a sack! My body is now more out of proportion (I have an hour glass type figure) so my once quite small waist is looking podgy as is my hips and stomach!

Sorry to rant again!
Yesterday I just felt really big, and finding leggings the only comfy thing to wear, as pressure on my waist is making me feel more sick.

Just being miserable!

How is everyone else feeling?

Wanna if you really like the stuff then why not just keep it, or pay for a storage unit near your house, the ones near us arent much per month. Just deicded whether they are something you would pick if you had the choice. I am quite looking forward to going out and picking things.

No PG stories yet, just that I have to keep checking I have everything when I leave because I feel like Im going to forget something!

hope everyone is good... TWWers its exciting!

Morning ladies - Wednesday = hump day! All downhill to the weekend now.

So hard to drag myself out of bed this morning. I find I'm tired during the day but when it comes to actually going to bed I can't fall asleep because I'm thinking about things (like how I'm going to tell people) so don't end up asleep until about 10pm.

Singers - sorry you're feeling so uncomfy :(

I hope everyone else is going ok??

Hello everyone! I'm in a good mood!:thumbup:

We had our first real BD today (you know what I mean:winkwink:)! I'm really hopeful about this cycle. It seems like my body is gearing up for O, I've had watery CM yesterday and today, which I have not had for quite a few cycles. My doctor told me to start BD today, then every other day until a day after a positive OPK.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I had an idea (for IF I got my :bfp: this cycle).

Our 1 year wedding anniversary is on October 10 - which will be 17DPO if I O this cycle (and when I think I will). So I could potentially have a :bfp: before our anniversary. It would be really cool to get a present for him, like a onesie that says something like "I love my Daddy". Or something along those lines.:cloud9:

Lots and lots of :dust: to everyone still trying, myself included!
:dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Sorry, I completely ignored everyone else's posts!:dohh:

I think that we all have our hang ups about our bodies. You just have to remember that what your body is doing is a beautiful thing, and at the end you're going to have a gorgeous LO!

And as for maternity pants, those things look so stinkin comfortable, I'm tempted to get a pair now - so much easier than unbuttoning your pants when you eat too much!:haha:

Sigh, i went to the bathroom at lunch and had some more light brown when I wiped. Trying not to freak out as I know it's probably nothing to worry about. They did see a little blood in my uterus with the scan I had at 6 weeks but werent worried, so hoping its just that old blood finding its way out.

I havent had any cramps or anything, so I guess that is good.

If it's still happening tomorrow I will call my obs to see what I should do.

Sorry for the whinge ladies, just hoping for some reassurance.

Thanks. xo

:hugs: poppie. You read about that sort of bleeding quite a lot on this site. Brown blood is supposed to be fine I think.

Jess, I would keep BD-ing for a little longer if I were you. I don't ovulate until roughly 48 hours after a positive OPK, and I've seen other ladies that happens to took.

A lot of ladies apparently spot during PG poppiebug, some even all through it, I wouldn't worry unless it's a flow.

For those who were on hormonal contraceptives I came across this this morning. Its a study on how long it takes to get over the pill, but I would imagine the results would be reasonably similar for other hormonal methods. Its reassuring tbh, as so many of us expect to go back to normal immediately, and while some lucky souls do, some of us just take a bit longer and unfortunately start panicing there is something wrong with us (and I'm as guilty of it as anyone else!)

Hi ladies, thanks for the comments. I think obviously Im at a low point emotionally at the moment! feeling sick, and generally miserable. Hopefully I will be on the up and up next week!

Jess - So exciting, according to SMEP you should do it a day or so after the positive OPK as well, I reckon just keep going till your both way to knackered!!! :)

Poppie - Just give them a ring, they are the only ones who will be able to set your mind at ease.

Mum wants to stay this weekend, as much as I love her this will be me and OH first alone weekend for a while, and for the forseeable future, so though I want to say I feel very selfish saying no!

I have found a dress by the way an old one I had lurking in the back of the wadrobe, only problem is that it is a halterneck, and my already rather swollen boobs may me look like a prostitute! So am trying to find a cardigan, or wrap style thing to help with that!

hope everyone is ok.

Congrats Wana, on finalizing a move date. That’s awesome! I’m a bit behind, but I’d definitely keep the baby seat and pram, as well. You got a great deal and you know that you want children, so why not? I’d keep it stored until it’s needed, but I definitely think it’s a nice thing to have on hand! I know a lot of ladies who’ve made purchases before getting their :bfp: especially if it’s a great deal they found on something they knew they wanted/needed. ^_^

Aw Poppie, hope you’re feeling better soon! MS = horrible. Not that being sick ever is fun! :haha: And :hugs: too – I’m sure it’s old blood, but hey if it makes your mind rest easier… you can always ring them. Rest up and hang in there babe! :hugs:

Oooh Jess, I love scrubs! There’s days I wish I went into the health field so I could wear them all the time, as I sleep in a few old pairs and they’re just glorious! Lol And um, the laundry room story? That’s hilarious! :haha: Glad she figured out where she was! ;)

Aw Lu-is, hope you feel better soon as well!

I was pretty thin when I started dating hubby too, Singers – and then in college I kind of got lazy and gained 40 pounds… in a short period of time. I’ve wrestled ever since, and I’m admittedly worried about losing the weight post-baby, only because I fought so hard to lose what I had since college. I know, it sounds awfully vain and it’s definitely worth it, but I need to really push myself to not gain a hundred and fifty pounds by February… and then push myself to work it off in a reasonable period of time. :haha: It’s hard, half my girlfriends who just had babies were size 0’s to begin with, and dropped their baby weight within like, 6 weeks. No pressure at all, right? xD

Aw, great news Jess and good luck! Cute idea on telling him, too! :D :dust: :dust: for you and everyone else who’s waiting for news!

Really interesting article Dinah, thanks for sharing! I’m bookmarking that one, as I know friends of mine have asked me how long it takes for the pill to get out of one’s system, etc. Hopefully will shed some light on their questions.

Hm, PG brain stories… I’ll have to think on this. :haha: I mean, I am so forgetful lately, but I’m a pretty forgetful person as it is. This has just amplified my struggles. xD I apparently tell hubby things multiple times without realizing it, though, which is something I didn’t do often before. I’m sure there’s something, but my brain’s not even awake yet so I’ll get back to that when I can function. ;)

My dear best friend found out yesterday that she has PCOS. She’s had period issues for ages and finally got checked and that was the ruling. She’s not TTC at this time, so they’re putting her on the pill to see if it helps regulate her cycles. From there, they’ll determine what they want to do. She’s a mix of emotions right now, but I’ve found that this site has helped me a lot with giving her information to read up about the condition and what can be done, etc. So yet another reason for me to be so grateful to BNB!

AFM - Doctor's appointment today. Blood pressure, pee in a cup, etc. So should be short and sweet and then back to work I come... blah. I'm already tired and I've only been at work a half hour. :haha:

I just got my first positive OPK EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will update later with a piccie!!!

Also will read everyone else's posts later today and respond.

Attachments

• IMAG0234.jpg
    IMAG0234.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g